Thread: Fi Role Function for LSIs/ISTjs

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Fi Role Function for LSIs/ISTjs

I saw my ISTj friend and she said she didn't tell her husband (I think he's ENFj or ENTp) about something she did that made her feel like an asshole. She said she felt like i would be the only one who would get it, so i thought that was interesting..

She was upset because she had been jealous of some girls.. who seemed perfect. There were some rumors going around about them and one of the girls asked my friend what was going on. My friend said she told her that the others were talking about the girls negatively and took pleasure in the fact that it upset her so much. The girl ISTj told was crying. My friend felt really bad, but I think i really didn't help her by my just saying, "well, everyone does such things sometimes in their lives." What would have been something better to say? I couldn't say something like, "they had it coming".

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington View Post
    I saw my ISTj friend and she said she didn't tell her husband (I think he's ENFj or ENTp) about something she did that made her feel like an asshole. She said she felt like i would be the only one who would get it, so i thought that was interesting..

She was upset because she had been jealous of some girls.. who seemed perfect. There were some rumors going around about them and one of the girls asked my friend what was going on. My friend said she told her that the others were talking about the girls negatively and took pleasure in the fact that it upset her so much. The girl ISTj told was crying. My friend felt really bad, but I think i really didn't help her by my just saying, "well, everyone does such things sometimes in their lives." What would have been something better to say? I couldn't say something like, "they had it coming".

sorry im having difficulty following.
    Lefty
    ENFJ

"I'm Sick of Old Men Dreaming Up Wars for Young Men To Die In," George McGovern.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So she was feeling bad about feeling good for the other girl feeling bad?

I'd have said something like "it's human nature, those girls are annoying".
    LSI

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoSpirit View Post
    So she was feeling bad about feeling good for the other girl feeling bad?

I'd have said something like "it's human nature, those girls are annoying".
    yeah. i said something like that.. but she still looked upset.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what would an fe answer give? i could only think that she wanted me to say that the girls deserved it or something but i couldnt.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington View Post
    what would an fe answer give? i could only think that she wanted me to say that the girls deserved it or something but i couldnt.
    Maybe just a jolt of random rage at those girls would have made her smile (c:
    With no need to actually say they deserve it.
    LSI

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoSpirit View Post
    Maybe just a jolt of random rage at those girls would have made her smile (c:
    With no need to actually say they deserve it.
    awwwww. lol.
    Lefty
    ENFJ

"I'm Sick of Old Men Dreaming Up Wars for Young Men To Die In," George McGovern.