View Poll Results: what is Barack Obama's type?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

2 4.88%
  • SEI (ISFp)

1 2.44%
  • ESE (ESFj)

2 4.88%
  • LII (INTj)

2 4.88%
  • SLE (ESTp)

0 0%
  • IEI (INFp)

4 9.76%
  • EIE (ENFj)

7 17.07%
  • LSI (ISTj)

0 0%
  • SEE (ESFp)

1 2.44%
  • ILI (INTp)

0 0%
  • LIE (ENTj)

2 4.88%
  • ESI (ISFj)

9 21.95%
  • IEE (ENFp)

2 4.88%
  • SLI (ISTp)

0 0%
  • LSE (ESTj)

4 9.76%
  • EII (INFj)

6 14.63%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Barack Obama

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    Get out.
    Make me.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olimpia View Post
    Make me.
    Dont make me use my on u

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unless you install the over TCP/IP protocol any attempt of transfering online is doomed to fail.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WinnieW View Post
    Unless you install the over TCP/IP protocol any attempt of transfering online is doomed to fail.
    Haha!

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Such a party pooper
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

u nigga get the fuck outta here

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olimpia View Post
    Such a party pooper
    Party time starts for me when a yellow-haired being left the stage forever. That'd be an improvement for the whole planet.

I joke, therefore I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    u nigga get the fuck outta here
    I'm still here.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm. What about EIE?

TIM
    Ni heavy
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beta NF.

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by vesstheastralsilky; 01-25-2019 at 08:05 PM.
    ~* astralsilky

Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

Post types & fully individuated before 2012 ...

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Barack Obama is Beta NF I think, not sure which one but he seems pretty introverted so I'd venture IEI.

Quote Originally Posted by vesstheastralsilky View Post
    Amelia Earhart
    Maybe LIE.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIE-Fe

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is the good chance he & his wife are both LII.

The beta NF idealism speculation is hogwash. Think deeper.
    ~* astralsilky

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vesstheastralsilky View Post
    There is the good chance he & his wife are both LII.

The beta NF idealism speculation is hogwash. Think deeper.
    No there is not a good chance. Your typing of them is hogwash.

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    No there is not a good chance. Your typing of them is hogwash.
    Absolutely not. They are just like 2 LIIs I know well & experience Activity relations with for years.
    ~* astralsilky

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1550 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Just saw this. Not sure if the link will work.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...s-sot-vpx.kron

Notice he says "I was a good kid...I didn't have a mean spirit" <- Gamma values. "Good" is defined as not being mean.

His greatest failing in HS was that he did not have a sense of purpose <- Gamma.

"I did have a foundation of love from my mother and my grandparents....and I think that where ever you can find it, having one person who believes in you and you can count on....whoever that is, you know, I think you have to hang on to that." "You've got to listen to them, and bring them into your life."

"But the second thing, for me at least, that ended up being the most important thing was when I stopped thinking about myself, and I started thinking about how I can be useful to other people." <- Fi valuing.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Notice he says "I was a good kid...I didn't have a mean spirit" <- Gamma values. "Good" is defined as not being mean.
    ?

Not to say I wholesale appreciate meanness, but can this be cited or extrapolated?

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Narcissistic sellout douche is what his type is. Fuck off, Obama.

“Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Obama was so centrist and in the middle that it was like he was a robot with no soul. It was so not inspiring to me. Like be the true leftist hippie hero we need not some in the middle nobody.

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESI-Fi. He was so predictable and bitter and often repressed that any Beta NF typing for Obama would make no sense and most SLE I knew absolutely hated him. And he was very strained which ESI-Fi tend to be.

EIE aren't as serious as he came across, he didn't laugh and make jokes all that often and he said something, seriously, like "I can take Bill Clinton in small doses" (a Beta NF wouldn't likely say that) and he had the ESI-Fi attitude of "these are my people and other people don't really matter" (he only really cared about his own people of his own choosing and he wasn't like the "us vs. them" of Beta quadra types, his speeches never indicated that). He was also quite cold with many, many people and you could tell he didn't really get much pleasure from being with them. He rarely tried to boost peoples' moods with jokes which would indicate that he was ESI-Fi.

And the similarities between his policies and those of Richard Nixon's policies also point to ESI-Fi and their communication style and even some of the things they said were similar ("I'd rather be a one term President and do what I thought was right...").

He appeared to be Te-valuing, as per his frequently talking about facts; he didn't go for Ti-based arguments and insights as much as what he liked (Fi) and the facts to back up his narrow views and likes which would be Te. And any Fe valuing type who hated private wealth and laissez-faire capitalism as much as he did would've been a lot more aggressive, angrier, louder in their speeches and likely would've found and made most people hate a scapegoat; he didn't do that, so that's more evidence against him not being a Beta NF.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Barack Obama - ENFJ Hamlet

He has received the Nobel piece price for the color revolution.

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI-D

He's definitely not an EJ temperament. here's an interview with his wife who is actually an EJ. notice how involved she is in communication, her focused gaze, his absent-mindedness, unfocused gaze, slower speech.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-plNQznMVw

at 16:00, he mentions that Michelle often complains about his slow speech, and Michelle immediatly agrees with him. she has a direct and strong reaction because she is extroverted and involved in what's happening around her.

at 18:50 he says in a calm voice that he's "somebody who never believes the hype when things are going good and doesn't despair when things don't work out your way". this also shows to me more of a focus on a relaxed and optimistic Ni+ state, and not on dramatic Fe- emotions

at 20:15 "I remain hugely optimistic about the trend lines, partly because of our kids and their generation."

I think Michelle is the EIE. she's able to give inspiring speeches, constantly changes her appearance and is very idealistic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Czn0nxFNy0Q
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

the section will be updated ever other month or so

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is definitely Ni valuing and ethical although skilled with logic. I'm not so sure about ESI-Fi anymore simply because he doesn't always V.I like one and he spoke quite symbolically at times. EIE-Ni is a possibility in my mind. He actually thinks more quickly and on the spot than ESI-Fi tend to, EIE-Ni tend to measure their speech but his thoughts are there, he can come up with things on the spot better than ESI-Fi generally can. A real ESI-Fi politician is Tim Kaine, he didn't control himself anywhere near as much and he doesn't think about global issues.

Thing is, he is a reputation for being a social introvert and he's a lot less animated and more serious in interaction than say Murray Rothbard. In photos, he doesn't really V.I. like an EIE-Ni, but in videos he appears like they can sometimes. Thing is, Joe Biden seems like an EIE, but Obama would be the opposite subtype. The Ni subtype is quite bookish and erudite and also goes around the world giving speeches. They also can actually give a greater impression of being compassionate, the Fe subtype will try to appear cold-hearted if they think their audience wants it, the Ni subtype is somewhat more sincere and is more willing to back policies and people that are unpopular and that they know will be unpopular. He didn't have that aristocratic, narcissistic, heavy bearing that the Fe subtype has; Ni subtype usually comes from more humble origins. The Ni sub is somewhat more cat like. But then Ralph Northam is an EIE and is SUPER different than Obama, not sure what subtype Ralph Northam is, but he seemed much more like he was able to just laugh off his errors while being gentle and calm. At the same time, he has a heavier, "I'm not backing down from power", more immovable Beta vibe than Obama seemed to. EIE of same subtype can vary vastly from each other in whether they want to appear as cold thinking men, scientists, artists, political leaders, etc. They're always in control of themselves (at least the Ni subtype is) even when they don't think they are, they have a hard time defining themselves (which is just as common to them as LSIs apologizing for everything they do) and staying with one explanation for why they did something.

Michelle seems LSE, could be SLE, but LSE seems more likely given her hot headedness and how impatient she is and how she does not look good.
    I'm sorry, but I'm psychologically disturbed.

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is he Si polr? And/Or is Obama Elon Musk's dual? And/or, is Obama Spongebob? These questions and more are implied by the answers you say.

Do you understand my problem? I'm currently having a good laugh at this crud.

He is definitely and he is definitely not at the same time. Good meme. It compliments you guys to agree so.

Have you considered IEE?

Actually, have you considered some kind of logical type?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Benefit inter-type relationship ESFP <- ENFJ

This is the comment you are looking for

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SE valuer
    Negativist
    J

Leaves ESI or EIE. Not too sure which. Doesn't really seem to use much Se. EIE probably fits better

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

everyone in politics is playing a 'role' so how would anyone truly know?
    Last edited by Danali; 03-20-2021 at 02:05 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Barack Obama - The Nobel Peace Price Winner ENFJ

This is the comment you are looking for

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIE-Ni works. Problem is, he's so different from Joe Biden who seems like an EIE also.

I would think it would be hard for an ESI-Fi to be as successful and remain as calm as he did. Tim Kaine is an example of a real ESI-Fi politician, and he was hot-headed. Also, he's a lot warmer with just about anyone at first than Obama was and that kind of makes sense given Tim Kaine being an I-F type and Obama being an E-F. Tim Kaine, ironically, knew how to govern better but he didn't get credit for anything other than appearing like an idiot (well, according to many people) from his debate with Mike Pence.

The main thing that points against EIE-Ni to me, is that he was not always great with non-planned communication and he was often cold, much more cold with people than Bush, McCain, and Kaine were. But then he was an EIE male and they're not real warm or the way they do it seems quite business like. For example, it was said he was cold towards the military people. I don't like what they do, but I wouldn't be cold towards them, I would try to establish rapport with them.

He seemed way more abstract in communication at times than an ESI-Fi would be likely to. EIE-Ni are often cold in communication and not real friendly and tend to think of themselves as more logical than they really are. Ironically, EIE are one of the types I'm coldest towards, but I'm more affectionate and not cold towards most other types. Don't get me wrong, I like them if they do great work, but Obama sure didn't. He was ridiculous about taxes and regulations and almost as ridiculous about spending. He thought it was okay for the government to spend, but not okay for people spending money on having their ACs on 72 degrees.

ESI-Fi is still a possibility, but it's not as likely given his national success.
    Last edited by Disturbed; 06-05-2021 at 07:29 AM.

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESI-Se given his father's economist background (on his wikipedia page) and that one of his father's son's was a physics major, had a degree in physics and he allegedly cried (source: https://www.scmp.com/magazines/post-...92/other-obama)

He's not the ethical subtype, he was more cerebral than that.

EIE just doesn't fit, they're usually not as smart as Obama is.

I'm not hungry mommy bear BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fe valuing
    Fi role makes a lot of sense
    Last edited by BrainlessSquid; 06-05-2021 at 11:56 AM.
    Sometimes you don't have motivation because you lack purpose.
    Sometimes you don't have purpose, because you lack self-knowledge
    Sometimes you don't have self-knowledge because you lack love
    Sometimes you don't have love because you lack self-love
    Sometimes you don't have self-love because you lack guess what? Ask Gulenko!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking back, it's embarrassing to recognize the degree to which my intellectual curiosity those first two years of college paralleled the interests of various women I was attempting to get to know: Marx and Marcuse so I had something to say to the long-legged socialist who lived in my dorm; Fanon and Gwendolyn Brooks for the smooth-skinned sociology major who never gave me a second look; Foucault and Woolf for the ethereal bisexual who wore mostly black. As a strategy for picking up girls, my pseudo-intellectualism proved mostly worthless; I found myself in a series of affectionate but chaste friendships.
    #neverforget

TIM
    no clue
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEI-Si

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(False) Goodie Two Shoes EIE
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIE...

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by khcs View Post
    Benefit inter-type relationship ESFP <- ENFJ

Duals.

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After learning some more, I'm going to say ESI-Fi; they can be just as good with logic as the Se subtype is. Earlier in his life, he seemed more Gamma SF, he didn't really seem Beta NF until he was campaigning for president in 2008; when he became president, he mostly relied on Fi, Ti, Ni, and Te and very little on Fe (he didn't seem to care about his mood or anyone else's, he didn't make deliberate attempts to alter moods, he seemed much more focused on his Fi likes of government control while recognizing limits and opportunities like EIE rarely do). In his speech opposing the Iraq War, he totally went with the negative facts of the case which is typical of ESI of either subtype (in fact, ESI, ILE-Ti, and LSI-Se are the most likely of all the types to present the more negative and lesser known facts of any case; Hillary Clinton was an LSI-Ti and as such she was so emotional,yet not attuned to other peoples' wishes nor to obscure facts and couldn't really differentiate... LSI-Ti are so emotional and so passionate, the sensory subtype is internally and externally cooler).

He was calm and predictable and consistent with his own preferences so Ij temperament.

EIE of either subtype doesn't seem right for Obama's type, he seemed Fe-ignoring really unless it was for practical purposes like it was for him when he was campaigning in 2008.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI normalizing

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do not think Obama is EIE, I think he is EII. His Fe is not big enough to be EIE.

IEI is a good alternative, but he seems to be more rational than irrational.

I saw a documentary on him, he was very driven and ideological. NF is a definite. I say EII-D.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Agate View Post
    I do not think Obama is EIE, I think he is EII. His Fe is not big enough to be EIE.

IEI is a good alternative, but he seems to be more rational than irrational.

I saw a documentary on him, he was very driven and ideological. NF is a definite. I say EII-D.
    EII is an interesting typing for him and not one I had considered. I was recently toying with the idea of Obama being LII, so, like you, I can see the introverted-rational temperament. The Gulenkonistas probably shudder at the idea of him as a peripheral type lol.

Your comment gave me something to think about—I think you might be right about EII.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast