Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Let's discuss this: NeFi, FiNe, NiFe, FeNi

This is a Maritsa thing:

NeFi-expands possibilities then draws conclusions
    FiNe-limits/processes possibilities to draw conclusion

Really, I don't even think that first thing is accurate for me. It's mroe like I feel it's important to look at every single possibility from the beginning, and then evaluate all equally and try to eliminate those that don't go anywhere, though I'm always willing to go back to a possibility I've eliminated earlier.
    Last edited by Slacker; 04-30-2010 at 09:13 PM.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Mirrors.

NeFi-You look at all the possibilities. You look at the big picture all the time. You just look at high volume of information but don't draw general conclusion...
    FiNe-I look at the most likely to succeed of all the possibilities. I look at the big picture and see what stands out in Red. I process a high volume of info and draw general conclusions....

This is why in close relations this match causes problems because while one can't settle (you/ENFp) the other has already settled (me/INFj).
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maritsa's explanation surprisingly well matches my views on this issue.

Accepting functions (aka dominant) are expanding; they start with a very small observation and create a huge number of interpretations as to what goes on to give rise to the perceived occasion.

(Dynamic/Accepting (Limiting) == just acknowledging a singular perception; Static/Accepting (Empowering) == chosing one interpretation out of the many possible ones)

Creating functions (aka secundary/auxiliary) are contracting; they combine a lot of observations, a large body of impressions, and identify their common properties so as to isolate a single possible state of affairs in the real world.

(Dynamic/Creating (Empowering) == having many pieces of information available to you and/or focussing on one out of these many pieces; Static/Creating (Limiting) == combining all pieces of information and isolating one possibility of interpretation)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    Maritsa's explanation surprisingly well matches my views on this issue.

Accepting functions (aka dominant) are expanding; they start with a very small observation and create a huge number of interpretations as to what goes on to give rise to the perceived occasion.

(Dynamic/Accepting (Limiting) == just acknowledging a singular perception; Static/Accepting (Empowering) == chosing one interpretation out of the many possible ones)

Creating functions (aka secundary/auxiliary) are contracting; they combine a lot of observations, a large body of impressions, and identify their common properties so as to isolate a single possible state of affairs in the real world.

(Dynamic/Creating (Empowering) == having many pieces of information available to you and/or focussing on one out of these many pieces; Static/Creating (Limiting) == combining all pieces of information and isolating one possibility of interpretation)
    Labcoat, I find when reading the interpretations offered by ENTp's on any given topic, that my mind did the math without being able to explain how; why is that? We basically reach the same conclusion on two seperate paths. Or, maybe not two seperate paths but ENTp more math or analytic, based on hard core, representative logic...like they can write out the formula for the conclusion; while I make the conclusion and I KNOW I am right about it but can't relate to the math until I look at a formula and say "yes, that's how I got to my conclusion."
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Labcoat, I find when reading the interpretations offered by ENTp's on any given topic, that my mind did the math without being able to explain how; why is that?
    ENTp thought works a lot like that. They don't use models and stable descriptions, they just skip right to adressing the answer to the problem (which they understand in a sort of shallow, subjective way rather than in one conforming to some precise description). The ENTps basically help you draw on the part of your mind that thinks the way they do, so you borrow the ability to this same thing through their guidance.

Other than that, no idea.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

ENTp thought works a lot like that. They don't use models and stable descriptions, they just skip right to adressing the answer to the problem. The ENTps basically help you draw on the part of your mind that thinks the way they do, so you borrow the ability to this same thing through their guidance.

Other than that, no idea.
    Maybe it's this the Ne, Ti
    -

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mariella View Post
    This is a Maritsa thing:

Really, I don't even think that first thing is accurate for me. It's mroe like I feel it's important to look at every single possibility from the beginning, and then evaluate all equally and try to eliminate those that don't go anywhere, though I'm always willing to go back to a possibility I've eliminated earlier.
    Maritsa's definitions are vague to begin with, but I think your description is typical for how IEEs deal with information.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe it's this the Ne, Ti
    Yes. In ENTps the possibilities don't start contracting until they address the answer to the problem (J). Their understanding of the problem is variable and multiplicitous.

Contrarily, in INxjs, the act of understanding is already a contraction. So the person identifies one situation out of many possible ones in the act of recognizing the problem.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    Maritsa's definitions are vague to begin with, but I think your description is typical for how IEEs deal with information.
    You blow at Socionics OR SUCK, TAKE A PICK EITHER WAY IT ARRIVES AT THE SAME CONCLUSION.

Yes. In ENTps the possibilities don't start contracting until they address the answer to the problem (J). Their understanding of the problem is variable and multiplicitous.

Contrarily, in INxjs, the act of understanding is already a contraction. So the person identifies one situation out of many possible ones in the act of recognizing the problem.
    Thank you, that was wonderfully said.
    -

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    You blow at Socionics OR SUCK, TAKE A PICK EITHER WAY IT ARRIVES AT THE SAME CONCLUSION.
    Well, I'm willing to admit that I suck at your version of Socionics, which is a deluded form of Socionics.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Well, I'm willing to admit that I suck at your version of Socionics, which is a deluded form of Socionics.
    I feel guilty for having said that to you. I'm sorry.
    -

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel guilty for having said that to you. I'm sorry.
    I could accept your apologies, if only I'd know the reasons why you are sorry.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I could accept your apologies, if only I'd know the reasons why you are sorry.
    I don't like lowering myself to that level, lose my emotions and temper. I'm very calm most of the time and yet something that you wrote got to the "please be smart about it" part of me. I think because I don't want to hurt your emotions and I realize that I have, that's not kind/human of me to not control my instinct for anger/rage/raw emotions.

You make assumptions about me that I am vague and I am unclear, that's just the N part of me; instead of doing that, next time, we'll call in the "guns" (ENTp's and ESTj's) to explain what we see and can't explain. With N types, you just have to trust sometimes that they know what they are talking about, that's not easy for most people to do without proof...well, labcoat provided the mathematics/logic behind that relationship dynamics and hopefully that is enough to proove it.
    -

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't like lowering myself to that level, lose my emotions and temper. I'm very calm most of the time and yet something that you wrote got to the "please be smart about it" part of me. I think because I don't want to hurt your emotions and I realize that I have, that's not kind/human of me to not control my instinct for anger/rage/raw emotions.
    Well, you did not hurt me. No one can hurt me psychologically, unless I have expectations, in which case it is not the other person who hurt me, but my own expectations.

What I read in your apology, is that you feel you are more sorry about what you have done to yourself than what you have done to me (as said, I was not hurt). Fair enough, but in that case it's you yourself who has to accept your own apologies and forgive yourself.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You make assumptions about me that I am vague and I am unclear...
    I never said that, I said:

Maritsa's definitions are vague to begin with...
    You're confusing the message (your definitions) with the messenger (you) and take things way to personally.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I look at it as the 1st function is your "aim," and creative is how you get there. I'm naturally inclined to understand general relationship dynamics and the inner emotional state of human life, and I get to the understanding via Ne, or something like that.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Well, you did not hurt me. No one can hurt me psychologically, unless I have expectations, in which case it is not the other person who hurt me, but my own expectations.

What I read in your apology, is that you feel you are more sorry about what you have done to yourself than what you have done to me (as said, I was not hurt). Fair enough, but in that case it's you yourself who has to accept your own apologies and forgive yourself.
    What is your type?
    -

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is your type?
    We've been through this by PM's already and you have drawn conclusions about my type. Besides, you should have enough information by now to be able to draw conslusions about my type.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

We've been through this by PM's already and you have drawn conclusions about my type. Besides, you should have enough information by now to be able to draw conslusions about my type.
    I'm sorry there are too many people to keep track of sometimes; ESFp, but you want INFp, or I have you mixed up with someone else.

In any case, it makes sense of ESFp because of the "what you feel bad is about your own self and not me"...power.

I do not want anything, and IEI last of all. If you want to see me as SEE, that's your perogative and right to deal with me as such. But it is funny that you typed me LSE and SLI respectively before.
    Oh, I remember now, you're not the VI case, you're the written language one...yeah. Sorry about that, I have gotten over 500 emails so far.
    -

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there a way to change the thread title to include NiFe and FeNi as well? I'd like input from those folks too.

Edited to add that I figured it out.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sorry there are too many people to keep track of sometimes; ESFp, but you want INFp.
    I do not want anything, and IEI last of all. If you want to see me as SEE, that's your perogative and right to deal with me as such. But it is funny that you typed me LSE and SLI respectively before.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She typed me as SEE before too. That's a common thing she types people as.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mariella View Post
    She typed me as SEE before too. That's a common thing she types people as.
    Really? I must admit I have been ignoring her posts for a while, before that I was under the impression she typed everyone LSE :wink:

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Really? I must admit I have been ignoring her posts for a while, before that I was under the impression she typed everyone LSE :wink:
    Great, another assumption... I did not type her as SEE; at first I thought SEI until I read her post log.

pull the post where I said SEE not SEI Mariella, thanks.
    -

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great, another assumption... I did not type her as SEE; at first I thought SEI until I read her post log.

I showed you the post before and I'm not going to show you again. You called me SEE, actually twice.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, everyone can err, but in general Mariella has her shit together, and I doubt she's dishonest in this respect.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Just tell me your type. And don't say INTp or INFj or INTj, because you're not those types.
    -

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just tell me your type.
    You just said so: SEE!

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You just said so: SEE!
    I was trying to remember from your emails...but if you like, I can pull your post log and disect it for you.
    -

Creepy-Cyclops

So CA, did you accept her apology once she met your specifications for decision? Missed that part maybe, just seen you baiting her or something.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was trying to remember from your emails...but if you like, I can pull your post log and disect it for you.
    In your emails, you first said LSE then changed it to SLI. Feel free to pull my post log and disect if for yourself, I'm not interested in your opinion, since I consider your typing methods invalid.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    So CA, did you accept her apology once she met your specifications for decision? Missed that part maybe, just seen you baiting her or something.
    No I did not, but not because of adversity, but because from her response, I don't get the impression she needs my acceptance. I have no hard feelings against her in relation to myself, and there is nothing to forgive either.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

In your emails, you first said LSE then changed it to SLI. Feel free to pull my post log and disect if for yourself, I'm not interested in your opinion, since I consider your typing methods invalid.

My instincts were correct the first time. I forgot who you were.
    I typed you based on exactly how others type you only they assign superficial names and dichotomies to these functions which in my logic arrive to the same thing; as you can view below.

I don't need anyone's acceptance that's not what INFj's need; they need PROTECTION. Protection from getting emotionally hurt by cold SOB's like yourself. I'm happy not to stand down from an argument, my stubborn side shows right through.
    -

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And how is your method valid?
    ESTj
    My method is as valid as any unscientific system can be, and I accept that insecurity. But let me add that in my everyday dealings with people, I do not go just by socionics insights, but by a large body of knowledge. It works for me, but I'm prepared to change my views when my knowledge no longer seems to work for me.

Funny that you changed your typing of me in just a few minutes. In our PM's you were quite convinced I was SLI.

Creepy-Cyclops

No I did not, but not because of adversity, but because from her response, I don't get the impression she needs my acceptance. I have no hard feelings against her in relation to myself, and there is nothing to forgive either.
    Fair enough.

I type you as a person, speak to Jung via seance for the rest.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Do you expect people to care about you over the internet, possibly even half way across the world from you, sitting at a computer screen somewhere you probably don't even know?
    I know my duals who know me will be happy to take up that post; provided they have two bit of sense in their head, which so far, seems like they don't doesn't it; except for Rasputin and Airborne and a few SLI's and a few SEE even.

My method is as valid as any unscientific system can be, and I accept that insecurity. But let me add that in my everyday dealings with people, I do not go just by socionics insights, but by a large body of knowledge. It works for me, but I'm prepared to change my views when my knowledge no longer seems to work for me.

Funny that you changed your typing of me in just a few minutes. In our PM's you were quite convinced I was SLI.
    I keep backing forth from ESTj to ISTp and you can't even see in your own writing why, can you? But I can. Because you're an S type, can't make the connections can you?
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 04-30-2010 at 09:46 PM.
    -

Creepy-Cyclops

I typed you based on exactly how others type you only they assign superficial names and dichotomies to these functions which in my logic arrive to the same thing; as you can view below.

I don't need anyone's acceptance that's not what INFj's need; they need PROTECTION. Protection from getting emotionally hurt by cold SOB's like yourself. I'm happy not to stand down from an argument, my stubborn side shows right through.
    Do you expect people to care about you over the internet, possibly even half way across the world from you, sitting at a computer screen somewhere you probably don't even know?

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Protection from getting emotionally hurt by cold SOB's like yourself.
    No person can emotionally hurt you unless you have unrealistic expectations from that person, in which case you are hurt not by me, but by your own expectations. Where does it say I have to be warm person?

I deny that I am a cold person. I can be a pain in the ass to some people, but most people know me as a warm, considering, helpful and approachable person.

You on the other hand, are not warm. Underneath this so called and assumed EII warmness and loving facade, is a person with suppressed aggression and anger. You are a ticking time bomb.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Do you want to know how duals provide that "protection"?

No person can emotionally hurt you unless you have unrealistic expectations from that person, in which case you are hurt not by me, but by your own expectations. Where does it say I have to be warm person?

I deny that I am a cold person. I can be a pain in the ass to some people, but most people know me as a warm, considering, helpful and approachable person.

You on the other hand, are not warm. Underneath this so called and assumed EII warmness and loving facade, is a person with suppressed aggression and anger. You are a ticking time bomb.
    Only if it suits/serves your needs to see me that way. Then you can pose the same argument for you; you don't see me but you see yourself.
    -

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hehe

oh maritsa yoru avatar is soo cute!

it makes me want to cuddle you
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast