Thread: Oh my... 80, feel free to randomly pick up lines to help short attention span.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Oh my... 80, feel free to randomly pick up lines to help short attention span.

Block I

1. General to specific, specific to general – what does it mean?

Applying a general concept or rule on a specific case; drawing a general conclusion, concept, rule from a specific case.

2. What does "logical" mean? What is your understanding? Do you think that it correlates with the common view?

Logical is what's reasonably following. Correlates with common view, yeah

3. How do you explain fractions on the dial of the clock?

I can use the 60 minutes and then the 12 hours shown as fractions on the clock to demonstrate the concept of fractions with enough concrete examples. Like how 12 and 60 also have many factors to be used for this.

Weirdly enough, I dislike the idea of concretizing concepts on everyday objects like this, when I was a kid I learnt about this stuff in an abstract way.

4. What is a rule? What rules do you have to follow?

A direction for specified conditions that has to be followed for some reason or simply because it's enforced. That is, have to follow them depending on consequences.

5. What is hierarchy? Do you need to follow it? Why or why not?

Ordered objects by priorities e.g. by importance. For the other questions: same answer as in the previous question.

6. What do you think of instructions? Do you use them? Could you write an instruction manual? If so, what type of instruction manual would you most likely write?

I think what of them...!? I use them when I need them, for simplicity, for optimization, to avoid possible bad consequences etc.

Yes I can write such things, I have done so before, from the simple to the exhaustive long one. In whatever I've got expertise, from a single kind of task to a whole area of expertise.

7. Please explain: "Freedom is in complying with the laws, but not in ignoring the laws"? Do you agree with the statement? Why?

This statement is just annoying, makes zero sense.

At best where I can find a connection, the foundation of laws to me is about ensuring basic human rights and that does include providing a degree of freedom for certain things but not more than that. Laws are additionally about more than just the human rights.

You are free to decide to comply with the laws or not, though, having considered all consequences and how to avoid them if that's desired, needed and possible.

8. Tell us how about consistent you are?

Not possible to be 100% consistent - that would require full understanding of this world first. As it is, one has to learn more from experiences and update the understanding and then change things sometimes...

In practice, I'm automatically consistent about daily habits, routines, consistent in how I do some tasks and in how I think about many things, very important in relationships too.

9. What is a "standard"? Why do people need it?

Set of criteria to be applied for yourself or for everyone. Why, it's the basis of many judgments in many situations. E.g. at the workplace you may not be allowed to perform below the level of quality this determines.

10. You need to put your home library in order. How do you feel about this activity? How will you approach this task?

I figure a way of organization depending on available space, kinds of books, etc. I look and see an outline of how to organize them then I go into the details. How I feel about it... what? Normal, nothing special.

Block II

1. What is work in your opinion? Why do people go to work? Are there any parameters where you can distinguish whether you can do this work or not?

Activity performed for a result, a product. They want money or self-actualization, etc. Parameters: qualifications required.

2. Is there any correlation between quality and quantity? Tell us if or how the price depends on quality?

There's a correlation if with fixed amount of resources for production.

Price depends on many things, sometimes on objective quality, sometimes that's not the biggest factor.

3. How do people determine the quality of work? How do you determine such quality? How well you can determine the quality of any purchase, do you pay any attention to it?

Compared to the expectations. With purchases for myself, these expectations depend on how important the thing is, what I need the thing for and so on. And yes I deal with this easily, often I can just look and see.

4. How do you feel if you didn't finish some work? Does it ever happen? What are the reasons?

If I start it, I much prefer to finish it.

5. What is "interesting work" for you? Please explain in detail.

Uhh... if it has a point?

6. You go to the store and see something you're interested in buying; there is a price tag on it. What parameters are you going to use to understand if it's overpriced, underpriced, or priced correctly?

My needs, my current income, future income if applicable, amount of time I'll spend on buying this, price range of other available options, incl. whether these options are better or worse and how.

7. When you work and someone tells you: "You don't do it right." What is your reaction?

Sounds irritating. If I must remain polite, I will react politely, if not then I just brush them off.

8. There is a professional right next to you. You always see that you can't perform the way they do. Your feelings, thoughts and actions?

Clearly I'm not or not yet as experienced in it as they are, that's fine. Depending on what my goal is for the whole situation, I may be already learning to be better or it's completely irrelevant.

9. When you have to ask someone else to help you with the task, how do you feel?

No problem, I feel normal. I'm more focused on getting them to do the help.

10. You need to build a pyramid exactly like in Egypt. Your thoughts, feelings and actions?

Assuming this task has been assigned to me for whatever reason and I have been already given money and other resources to utilize. This is like a maths question in school about an unrealistic situation from which you have to extract the data to calculate the answer. Lol

So, assuming that, I would be focused on the task as normal. Organize resources as necessary, incl. people. The rest depends on the actual details of this hypothetical scenario if it was elaborated more.

Block III

1. What is beauty? Do you change your opinion about beauty? Does your understanding correlate with the generally accepted notion? What goes beyond the generally accepted notion?

Something that's aesthetic. I don't think I change my opinion. Some stuff is considered to be good taste by most people and then some of it is very subjective.

2. Please describe your understanding of a beautifully dressed person. What is the core of beauty? How do you explain what is beautiful to a person who has never heard about beauty before?

Artful composition of possibly expensive and special pieces of clothing, also jewellery, make-up for women etc... Core, god knows. I don't explain it, I'll show examples.

3. Is there a template of understanding what beautiful means for everyone to use? Is there such a term as "classical beauty"? If so, what is it?

I don't understand the question on the template. This goes way over my head anyway, I cannot deeply analyze this. I look and see and that's all. As for classical beauty, sure, there's such a thing for women. Again don't analyze these things. It is what it is.

4. What is comfort? What is coziness? How do you create your comfort and coziness? How do others evaluate your skill in doing so? Do you agree with them?

Comfort is a loose relaxed feeling, not mobilized. Can be enjoyable to rest. Coziness is some additional feely atmosphere.

I create the basic comfort by doing whatever needs to be done for not feeling uncomfortable. Organize some things, keep daily routines for basic body stuff, use decently comfortable things, etc. Some of it is just little adjustments in the moment. Some of it I just let my body handle. Others have not yet criticized me.

5. How do you pick your own clothes? Do you follow fashion? Why? Do you know how to select clothes for different types of figures?

Fashionable and still special enough clothes that fit me - when I'm up to date with fashion and available selections in shops, I easily know what to look for. I definitely follow fashion to a degree but I also have my own taste. Why, I like it often and I don't care to wear old-fashioned things. Last q: yes I know ok some things about that.

6. How do you cook? Do you follow recipes? What do others think of your skill?

Simple food. I look at recipe online then I simplify it. I also learnt some things from my mother by doing the dish with her. Others have not yet criticized me.

7. Are you good at color patterns and mixing them and matching?

Yes, sometimes I can get some enjoyment from playing with this.

8. If someone is telling you what is beautiful and what is not, what goes with what color and what is not, do you agree with this person?

Depends on what I myself think about it. I may just politely nod in some situations though.

9. Tell us how you'd design any room, house or an office. Do you do it yourself or trust someone else to do it? Why?

I can and have done it myself fine, I just needed to be up to date with available options by looking at them, familiarizing myself with them. I could also hire someone to give me ideas and it could be fun seeing the ideas but I would decide myself.

10. How do you know if a person has bad taste? Could you give us an example? Do you always trust your own taste or do you seek opinions from others?

I look and see if the person's stuff looks good. Can't recall example now. I trust mine. I'm glad to help others here actually.

Block IV

1. Can you line up human resources and make them do things? What methods do you use? Can you press people? If so, how does it happen?

Yes. Asking them directly, can also discuss, provide reasons, figure out what they want and negotiate in general, all this ranging from full-on diplomacy to much less polite ways. Pressing people is done by my staying firm and not letting go easily.

2. What is incursion? How do you deal with this? Can you repulse? How easy can you do it?

Incursion as in invading someone's boundaries? Repulsing, yah. Sometimes it takes a few attempts to get someone to leave. First I might be polite depending, I often have to resort to more direct responses.

3. What does "my people" and "strangers" mean? When do "my people" become "strangers" and why?

Mutual agreement of belonging together.

4. Are there strategies of attack? Can you use them? When is it justified?

Strategies exist, sure... but I don't think very long ahead in such a very strategical way. Attack is always justified by the attacker - e.g. they decided they definitely want something out of it or they think they were wronged and it needs to be revenged or it's in self-defense, preemptive even.

5. Do you think it's ok to occupy someone else's territory? In what situations?

Everyday people stuff or big people/government stuff? The way it's worded it sounds like it's always an aggressive act. I can see less aggressive forms of it though depending how we interpret the phrase. For justification of the aggressive version, that is, making it okay, see above.

6. What are the methods of volitional force? When is it most effective and in what situations?

Intentionally directed force, expansion? Specify more please so I can be sure.

Just willpower? Method is, just keep going. Effective when you have a way to overpower the obstacles, the way is situation dependent. I don't know about "most effective", don't understand that.

7. How do you protect yourself and your interests?

Not sharing too much information and standing up for myself/my interests, incl. people, whenever needed. Explicit fighting if that's required.

8. Describe your behavior in the situations of opposition and if you have to use some force?

Directly standing up for myself. There are norms of politeness but I easily get very involved. I may have to use force to push back beyond just resisting, yes.

9. Do others think of you as a strong person? Do you think you are a strong person?

They've called me tough. Sometimes comments on physically strength, too. I don't think about it much myself.

10. How do you understand if a person is strong? Are there any signs of a strong person? What is the core of any force? Why do people listen to one person, but not the other?

Muscles or confidence and an autonomous style. I'll skip the physics question about core of force. Last q: supposedly charisma determines this, idk what that is.

Block V

1. What is boorishness? Does your understanding of it correlate with the generally accepted notion? How would you explain what boorishness mean to a 10 year old child?

Coarse manners. Yes. Explanation to kid: someone who does not keep to many social norms and being out of place with that.

1b. How would you explain the same to an adult who does not behave ethically?

Having coarse manners isn't about ethical behaviour. It's more about style.

2. How would you improve the moral of the society?

Start at the level of basic education and work from there. Profound change would take a long time.

3. Can you justify somebody's bad behavior by thinking that he/she wasn't taught how to do so?

Does the bad behaviour result in very bad consequences - no. Is it a manners issue, yes.

4. Give us your understanding of love. Can you love and punish at the same time?

Altruistic feeling rooted in a feeling of affection for another person or other living thing. Attachment easily comes with it. In some forms of that, explicit commitment is also part of it in my opinion. Some forms then involve intense emotions of attraction and desire but these can be changeable, less stable.

You can love on a level and yet be mean to someone in the way you punish them, not constructively. Then there is a type of more altruistic love where meanness like this does not go with it. You can also punish them for only what they truly deserve which is fair while it will still have a level of aggression in it. Punishing kids with the constructive intention of education also goes with it.

5. Have you heard about the Southern hospitality? Everything is for the guest. There is also a German hospitality – the master of the house is always right. What method is the right one? Try to evaluate without the weight of any cultural aspects, traditions, nations etc.

The first one is overly submissive from the part of the owner, the latter is too rigid and unsympathetic to demonstrate a truly welcoming attitude. Everyone can decide what they do for guests in their own place but I'd have some basic sensible boundaries while being welcoming.

6. What is sympathy? When do you need to express it? When is it advised not to?

Feeling for someone else who has issues, not necessarily feeling the same as they do, though. It can be polite to express it, it can be too personal too.

7. Are there any norms of behavior in the society? Do you follow them? Do people always have to follow them? Why?

Yes. I try to follow some basic ones, I feel better if I keep inside a clear framework of behaviour in social contexts or anything including other people. Depends on the consequences if you have to follow them or not. Depends on how much you care for these consequences, too, if they are of a subjective social nature beyond materially disadvantaging you.

8. How do you know what attitude among people is right or wrong?

What fits the situation. What's fair.

9. What does moral mean? What is immoral? Does your understanding correlate with the others? How can you evaluate the correctness of your own understanding?

Moral is ethically right, immoral is not. My understanding does not always correlate in specific instances, no, definitely not. It does correlate in the basics on a general level. I usually evaluate correctness by basic principles of fairness.

10. Somebody is giving you a negative attitude – what is your reaction? Could you show your own negative attitude toward someone else? If so, how? Could you give a person the silent treatment? How easily do you forgive people?

Is it really a negative attitude? Why? Justified? Yes I can show mine if it's clear I got wronged. I don't restrain some expression of anger sometimes even before that but that anger is not -yet- directed at judging them negatively. I find the silent treatment silly. As for the last question... if I truly resolved resentment that can be considered an act of forgiving though it's not the same thing.

Block VI

1. "Whole world does not cost one tear of child" – how do you understand this phrase? Do you agree with this opinion?

I don't understand this garbled line.

2. Is it acceptable to express emotions? Give examples of inappropriate expression of emotions.

Sure. Emotion clearly not fitting the situation is inappropriate. Laughing at a typical funeral, blah blah.

3. Can you use negative emotions? In what situations?

Anger... if you can call it a "use". It can sometimes be very constructive though.

4. How do you express negative emotions? What does it look like? What do others think about it?

Anger, frustration: obvious. I raise my voice, I make impulsive-seeming movements, can push or kick something that definitely won't get damaged, have an angry, irritated etc face. Sadness I don't express readily. Well, I can allow it to exceed a threshold of intensity and let it show but that's very rare.

5. Shallow emotions – what does it mean? Are there any other emotions?

Not intense, fleeting, not meaningful. Yes.

6. What are right or wrong emotions?

Wrong: invalid for the situation considering the logical evaluation of the situation or too random emotionally when it does not fit to the situation.
    Right: everything else.

7. Can you change the emotional state of yourself? Of others? To what side – positive or negative?

I don't try except once I tried to conjure up anger and that worked surprisingly well. I have less of a handle on other emotions. As for others, I don't try often, it's usually short lived attempts to try and cheer up someone.

8. What does it mean to "pour out your emotions"? How does it happen?

Enable and show them without restraint. If you decide to allow that.

9. Does your internal emotional state correlate with what you show externally?

Anger yes, the rest doesn't always. I don't always want it to. Sometimes I don't actually know if it correlates. I'm not always comfortable with this.

10. Do you track what mood you are in throughout the day? Do you notice the mood of others?

I notice in the moment sometimes, I don't try to track it. I notice basic obvious moods of people easily.

Block VII

1. Do you like surprises?

If positive.

2. How people change? How do you feel about those changes? Can others see the changes?

Result of the interplay of complex factors from biological and cultural evolution in the brain. There is a meta level too where you can attempt to effect change yourself. Positive is ok. If visible, they can see them.

3. Is it true that whatever happens is only for the best?

Bullshit - wishful thinking.

4. What do you think of horoscopes, fortune telling etc.? Do you believe in luck, lucky fortuity?

Superstitious stuff, apophenia. Maybe you can affect your own psyche positively via these beliefs if you are that kind of person. I don't believe in luck, no. The point is it's random so it's not going to reliably favour you.

5. Can you forecast events? Is it even real?

Simple stuff sure. Complex stuff, if logical topics, well, would need time and information to try and it would still not be for sure. Real is the thought's electrical activity in your head.

6. What is time? How do you feel time? Can you "kill" time? How?

Dimension along which momentary states are aligned. For some interesting reason it only moves forward. You only have the present moment truly. The rest exists in your mind only - this is a kind of power we have though. The present moment, you could argue it's nonexistent too.

I feel it by looking at elapsed time periods. Sometimes different decades, centuries, other very ancient time periods. I easily feel it by instinct for timing things for tasks in daily life.

Killing time is a phrase, you try to make it pass "faster" by doing whatever crap while waiting for something else.

7. Is it easy for you to wait for some important event? What if you don’t know when it is supposed to happen?

Yes. I will not think of it until it's time to. If I don't know when it's supposed to happen, I either need to know for some reason or not. If not, okay, if I need to know, I will be upset and try to find out, nag the person responsible for it etc.

8. Do you need help creating forecasts and determining how something will end? Do you trust those forecasts?

I haven't noticed an explicit need. Logical consequences are usually easy to see. I realize I can sometimes try and look at relationships and see how things have been playing out and go a bit by it... sometimes.

9. Are you normally late? How do you react if someone is late?

I know how to get somewhere on time when that's a must or be late by the accepted little period of time or be late without real consequences ensuing.

If someone else is late: if this does not interfere with my plans for the rest of the day or week etc and I don't have to wait for very long, ok. I will be very very pissed off if it interferes with plans. I've resented friend for being very late, too.

10. Imagine the situation where you agreed to meet with someone. Your feelings and actions: a) 20 minutes before the meeting starts, b) 5 minutes before the meeting starts, c) it is time for the meeting to start, but the person is not here, d) 20 minutes after the meeting start time and the person is not here, e) more time and the person is still not here…

OK, e.g. someone I don't know well, some little business matter: a) driven and busy getting there and if needed, preparing for things b) waiting calmly, patiently, focused looking for them c) same but slightly even more focused d) already contacted them e) I won't wait that long usually unless they are going to arrive soon. Pissed off or close neutral if it didn't interfere too much with other things

Block VIII

1. Is there a meaning of life? In what? Is it the same for everybody?

Subjective. No not the same.

2. What should be done so people can be happy?

Happiness is such a vague term. Anyway, the very basic needs are to be provided for and then everyone decides extras for themselves.

3. In the situations with a lot of potential and volatility will you trust your own guts, logically calculating everything or will you ask people you trust what should be done?

Don't understand the question. What kind of potential and what kind of volatility?

4. When you meet a stranger, what can you say about them right away? How do you know what this person is all about? Does it take long to understand someone's talents?

How good they look objectively, subjective attractiveness, social status. Don't understand second question. What's there to understand about talents, you just show you learn quickly, show achievements, etc.

5. Remember an interesting person and call out 5-6 qualities you think are interesting in them. What makes an interesting person? Are you an interesting person? Why? What if someone calls you "boring" and "not interesting"?

"Interesting" means "attractive" and "not average" to me. Meaning there is something to look at, stylish expression, intelligence, deep thoughts, etc. I've got some stuff to be looked at too, yes. I've never been called boring, the person saying that is probably just being mean.

6. What opinions, from people who know you, seem: a) fair; b) not fair; c) hurtful; d) strange.

Fair is objective. Not fair if just done out of meanness. Hurtful, well they try to be hurtful, you mean? Strange is when it's a new aspect I never looked at so then I go and confirm it.

7. Do you fantasize? What kind of fantasies do you have?

No, daydreaming is unsatisfying.

8. What qualities should a person have to be successful and why?

Resoluteness primarily and ambition. Intelligence also helps

9. What qualities can stop a person from being successful and why?

Lack of the previous.

10. What is more important in life – to be a good person or be a successful one? Why? Is a good person always successful? If not, then why?

This is subjective. Or are we talking about psychopaths now?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I have to read all of this in slow motion before I can make an assessment
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Not Fe ego

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

A logical type of some sort.

Sorry I'm not more helpful here. If there was more elaboration on the responses I might get a better idea.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    That would be great, do let me know when you get to have the time for that. I've been busy myself.

Quote Originally Posted by chips and underwear View Post
    A logical type of some sort.

Sorry I'm not more helpful here. If there was more elaboration on the responses I might get a better idea.
    Which responses would you like me to elaborate on, please let me know.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tower View Post
    Which responses would you like me to elaborate on, please let me know.
    Perhaps start with more elaboration in the Ti and Te sections. So I can get a better sense if you are more Ti or Te valuing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps start with more elaboration in the Ti and Te sections. So I can get a better sense if you are more Ti or Te valuing.
    Do you have any preference for some of the questions or do you want me to do all questions? How long should the elaboration be?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@chips and underwear

No preferences on which Ti/Te questions to elaborate on?

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ti section:
    #2- response rather vague. Following what exactly?
    #6- what type of instruction manual would you write? Why?

Te section:
    #4- you said you prefer to finish what you start but what about the situations when you don't finish or can't finish. How do you feel in such situations?
    #5- What kinds of work have a 'point to it' for you? Why those?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ti section:
    #2- response rather vague. Following what exactly?
    #6- what type of instruction manual would you write? Why?

Te section:
    #4- you said you prefer to finish what you start but what about the situations when you don't finish or can't finish. How do you feel in such situations?
    #5- What kinds of work have a 'point to it' for you? Why those?
    Ti #2 - OK, what I meant here is, you can actually provide some reasoning for why or how something follows logically. It could be very practical reasoning that's just common sense, or formal logic as a more clean form of thinking, scientific thinking is also a more clean form of it, or it could be a fully abstract form e.g. the mathematical proof of something.

Ti #6 - What do you mean by "type of instruction manual"? Please clarify for me.

As to why I write them - if I am directly asked to help, or when I see some explicit need for creating the manual, or I just think it would be good for other people. I do sometimes also just like to see it all written down as documentation of things. But doing it for other people is definitely one of the main motivations here.

Te #4 - As said, if I start it, I much prefer to finish it. I really don't like not to. If it wasn't required by someone else/by work and things changed or something so that I don't have time for it anymore that can be a reason for not finishing it, tho' I may still have a bit of a negative feeling about it.

Te #5 - Well, if it helps people or it's good money. And, where I can see myself as doing something that counts as excelling. Personally, I prefer it if it involves concrete material where I can have an edge due to having deep understanding/expertise to manipulate things finely, getting things sorted/achieved that others can't or not as well as I can. Then it's a challenge I also fancy meeting beyond the good money or helping people. Best when these three things are all there together heh.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    I did say in the title, feel free to randomly pick, heh.

Only if you got the time for that, of course.