Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting facts about you

TIM
    Something with Ni
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do security consulting for banks as a career. Half the time I think if average people had a grasp of how easy it is on a widespread scale there would be a run on the banks, and the rest of the time I think they'd do what I've learned to do--shrug and say "it hasn't burned down, yet, so maybe it won't."
    Last edited by Sisyphean; 07-19-2018 at 02:59 PM. Reason: To put golden at ease :P

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1INT Vault Dweller View Post
    I ... as a career.
    If you really do this I am wishing you’d delete the post bc I have worked w some “gray hat” people on a project or two and worried they’d get overconfident. Seems like bragging or at least needing to talk about what they do is the thing that gets some ppl caught. Hope that doesn’t sound patronizing cos I assume you’re careful ... tho Lynx posted pix ostensibly of his real face and you two have a connection ... :/
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    Something with Ni
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post
    If you really do this I am wishing you’d delete the post bc I have worked w some “gray hat” people on a project or two and worried they’d get overconfident. Seems like bragging or at least needing to talk about what they do is the thing that gets some ppl caught. Hope that doesn’t sound patronizing cos I assume you’re careful ... tho Lynx posted pix ostensibly of his real face and you two have a connection ... :/
    lol Thanks for the concern. It is appreciated. My job is all legal, though, so not much to sweat on that apart from privacy. Consulting pays less than crime but it's safer and I sleep easier

Though paying taxes does get pretty annoying...

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Bankers are among the stupidest people on earth. The profession does not attract or require intelligent people.

Investment firms, on the other hand, are filled with hyper-intelligent and seriously reckless and amoral people.

TIM
    Something with Ni
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Bankers are among the stupidest people on earth. The profession does not attract or require intelligent people.
    And that's why I will never be out of a job.
    Last edited by Sisyphean; 07-19-2018 at 03:32 PM.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And that's why I will never be out of a job.
    SORRY I ASSUMED YOU WERE A CRIMINAL

I guess it’s clear now I’ve known some, and these particular ones are nice people with a skills set applied ... sometimes questionably.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@golden, I will also admit to breaking some laws, both of this country and of others. And I'm a very nice guy.

TIM
    Something with Ni
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SORRY I ASSUMED YOU WERE A CRIMINAL
    lmao no need to apologize for assuming I'm more interesting than I actually am. I won't hold that against anyone .

I guess it’s clear now I’ve known some, and these particular ones are nice people with a skills set applied ... sometimes questionably.
    I've known a few myself and they were all really fun people with pretty bad judgement lol. One has fled the country which always stops me from feeling tempted to go that route.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i see dead people

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

The closest distance a lightning striked the ground near me was ~50m.

I will also admit to breaking some laws, both of this country and of others. And I'm a very nice guy.
    to be nice guy sometimes is imposibly without breaking the laws written by assholes

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

yeah fuck those statutory rape laws

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went out to visit my cousin once and I drank air vaporiser for almost a week thinking it was cough medicine. I remember asking why it tasted like vicks vaporub and being told because "all cough medicine tastes like vicks." I was thinking, lady you pulled that out of your ass, but I continued having it anyway putting faith in my aunt and thinking that it was simply bad tasting cough medicine.

Then one day, as I was about to have another drop, my cousin screams and slaps the bottle out of my hand. She's running around wildly and apologising profusely and I'm like "wut?". They all realise it's air vaporiser and freak out, meanwhile I am sitting there slowly nodding my head thinking "Oh, that makes a lot of sense. This thing tastes like shit and my cough still hasn't died down.".

So now I don't put faith in anyone but myself and encourage everyone to read labels for THEMSELVES.

#livedtotellthetale #yolo

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    I'm using passive income to attempt homesteading. Trying to be as self-sufficient as possible, operating under the notion that cutting expenses in effect gives you a raise.
    I love the homesteading idea, but my husband is not interested so that is not going to happen. Both have to be all-on-board for that. The homesteading family most inspiring to me are the the Colfaxes - I love their story: https://www.amazon.com/Hard-Times-Pa...es+in+paradise
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I'm not emotional, in general. With one exception. My feelings to women. When I like a woman - I open my heart to her. She then may give me very good emotions or to hurt me very strongly even by minor actions. Sometimes the 2nd mb not seen, but I become unable to get the pleasure from the life and lose the interest to it.

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I meditated on idealised group dynamics this afternoon. This was what I came up with:

For a start, the group must be offline.
    When we meet, we are always doing something creative and stimulating together, like an impromptu music practice, igniting wasps’ nests or breaking up a feminist protest. Then we eat and drink a lot.
    The atmosphere is fraternal, playful and enthusiastic with lots of jokes. People in the group are not rigid moralizers, and can entertain any idea without necessarily agreeing with it let alone taking it seriously.
    There shall be no “pecking order” or hierarchy within the group, and therefore no committee or official positions. Any member can suggest ideas and schedule events.
    The group “moves around” both ideationally (changing topics/perspectives) and physically (changing venues) to ensure that novel experiences continue.
    Cockblocking, shit stirring and power plays are forbidden and will result in expulsion from the group. Nobody pits a brother against his brother for selfish reasons.
    While women are welcome to participate in some activities (e.g. copulate with us), they cannot become members of the group and influence our maleness.

Any suggestions for where I could look?
    Last edited by Spermatozoa; 07-31-2018 at 07:09 AM.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Spermatozoa View Post
    I meditated on idealised group dynamics this afternoon. This was what I came up with:

For a start, the group must be offline.
    When we meet, we are always doing something creative and stimulating together, like an impromptu music practice, igniting wasps’ nests or breaking up a feminist protest. Then we eat and drink a lot.
    The atmosphere is fraternal, playful and enthusiastic with lots of jokes. People in the group are not rigid moralizers, and can entertain any idea without necessarily agreeing with it let alone taking it seriously.
    There shall be no “pecking order” or hierarchy within the group, and therefore no committee or official positions. Any member can suggest ideas and schedule events.
    The group “moves around” both ideationally (changing topics/perspectives) and physically (changing venues) to ensure that novel experiences continue.
    Cockblocking, shit stirring and power plays are forbidden and will result in expulsion from the group. Nobody pits a brother against his brother for selfish reasons.
    While women are welcome to participate in some activities (e.g. copulate with us), they cannot become members of the group and influence our maleness.

Any suggestions for where I could look?
    Try the Little Rascals' He Man Woman Haters Club

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crAck View Post
    lmao ok. "read squark's post #369" added to my tomorrow to-do list

(3... 6... 9...
    ...)
    "only Notifications i check asap are PMs"

You come up here and act a goddamn fool. You succeed in sounding like some autistic basement dweller though!

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Some people say that at 1st sight I look younger than I am on about 5-10 years. Psychically I do not feel myself other than was in that age. By men line the known relatives-men live some longer, keep relatively good health and working productivity on 5-15 years longer than in average. That could affect also the look. Some chance I may to have at least ~400 years of aristocrats by men line and this affected the genes.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

When I was eleven I fell in love with a created character whom I recently discovered was based on Brigitte Bardot (the prototypical ESI). The created character was introverted and sensing, pensive and beautiful, and in many ways, I still find her to be close to my ideal woman.

"You can raise a man out of Gamma, but you can't take the Gamma out of a man."

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Brigitte Bardot (the prototypical ESI)
    Fe

what character was kept in a secret

> "You can raise a man out of Gamma, but you can't take the Gamma out of a man."

video may help
    as you said that most ESI women you dislike, then those ones who you think as your duals mb other types. your own type may differ too

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Fe

> "You can raise a man out of Gamma, but you can't take the Gamma out of a man."

video may help
    as you said that most ESI women you dislike, then those ones who you think as your duals mb other types. your own type may differ too
    @Sol, I don't dislike ESI's, I just don't want to jump into bed with them at first sight, the way I do with LSI's.
    Part of this might be training. Now that I'm going out with some ESI's, I'm finding them a lot easier to hang out with. I find we're pretty compatible.

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Fe
    Typical Sol post.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I don't dislike ESI's, I just don't want to jump into bed with them at first sight, the way I do with LSI's
    You said that the ones typed by you to your duals are attractive for you very rarely. It's not what should to be. Among duals you should feel as sexually attractive ones more than average, as good type reduces the supressing of sexual attraction while the bodies are the same. What you notice can be explained by that IR are not your duals often, as you notice this situation systematically.
    The women I typed to my duals are rather cute and attractive for me more than average, - because I like them as persons and this rises the overal my attraction to them. Your case is different and against what is expected.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hag View Post
    I have visual snow / visual tinnitus.
    Holy shit, it has a name! ♡
    I have that too.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@hag
    Wow that's insane.
    Thanks. : 3

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hag View Post
    cool

I have sometimes the migraine with aura with visual defect - blind spot. And in that spot I see the similar.

TIM
    IEE 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fe

video may help

Regarding Brigitte Bardot, Serge Gainsbourg (SEI) was nuts over her and he was in relationships with duals the later half of his life (at least with Jane Birkin and Bambou both ILE). Nothing I can find in the rare interviews of her tells me she's not ILE, Nicole Kidman who I think is ILE has that same camera-loving infantile walk/poses, and also in the Bonnie and Clyde clip below Gainsbourg seems to feel assured/purposeful with her at his side more than usual, and she could well be Fi polr. Just my two cents, doesn't mean I'm right.

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I always thought Serge Gainsbourg was SEE and that Brigitte Bardot ESI.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I read somewhere that Bardot was originally considered to be the prototype for ESI’s, rather than Dreiser.

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

She would have been the only woman, then.

Personally, I think Queen Elizabeth the second is a good prototype for ESI.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

@Guillaine
    the answer is there to reduce offtop messages

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was robbed by some random druggie when I was 16, found him later and made him eat a pool cue broken I half in a dirty bar bathroom. He cried.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do security consulting for banks as a career. Half the time I think if average people had a grasp of how easy it is on a widespread scale there would be a run on the banks, and the rest of the time I think they'd do what I've learned to do--shrug and say "it hasn't burned down, yet, so maybe it won't."
    "Let's keep running Cobol code from the 60s, better not change anything or it might break"

TIM
    Something with Ni
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    "Let's keep running Cobol code from the 60s, better not change anything or it might break"
    "Let's put the Domain Users AD group in the Administrators of every windows system on the network to ensure everyone's shitty vendor services work, and also use the same password for the built-in local Administrator account and the domain's built-in Administrator account.

What could go wrong?
    "I would rather be ashes than dust"

"Ultimately, man should not ask what the meaning of his life is, but rather he must recognize that it is he who is asked."

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm still figuring shit out. Still have hella problems and am nowhere near where I want to be.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

In the childhood I had small collections of:
    - folding knives
    - flashlights
    - labels from bottles of carbonated drinks
    - anniversary coins
    - badge signes

I'm still often attracted in shops to look what they sell among knives and flashlights. The reason holds me from spares on them, though I'd wish to get some relatively expensive models. I understand there will no be significant practical usage and are better ways to use those money.

I also have some interest to old computer stuff and have some. Like P3 computer with ISA, Voodoo 5500, Vortex2, WinXP computer with hardware FM. Also I have made some noticable contributions to retro gaming.
    Last edited by Sol; 09-28-2018 at 07:15 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    INFP 9w8 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Remiel View Post
    Was robbed by some random druggie when I was 16, found him later and made him eat a pool cue broken I half in a dirty bar bathroom. He cried.
    You are a total badass.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by malignantwench View Post
    You are a total badass.
    Sometimes.

Banned
    TIM
    INFP 9w8 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Remiel View Post
    Sometimes.
    Have you developed some 2-ish traits over the years as an 8?

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by malignantwench View Post
    Have you developed some 2-ish traits over the years as an 8?
    I would not say so neccessarily. I partly identify with the possessive trait though, but that's a different discussion (sexual). I typed as 5w6 for many years because my type disintegrated under the pressure of external factors, it's first within the last two years that which I consider my true type have manifested itself.

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast