Thread: I am Alphagay for Brian

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I am Alphagay for Brian

Just some of my ponderings about life and video-ness. And Brian and my differences.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey man! I only managed to catch a little bit of this video but my thoughts:

You seem very comfortable in your own skin, even when you say 'this is awkward' you don't exude any awkwardness whatsoever, I quality I have come to really like about ISFps.

I cant see you and Gul as the same type, I refuse to see Gul as an ISFp. Using Gulenkos DNCH system to justify a typing is bullshit in my opinion; you can justify anything doing that. Gul does not seem comfortable or relaxed; which is a key component in ISFp demeanor.
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am sorry I make you feel that way Ashton.
    D-SEI 9w1

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AWWW.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by thePirate View Post
    hey man! I only managed to catch a little bit of this video but my thoughts:

You seem very comfortable in your own skin, even when you say 'this is awkward' you don't exude any awkwardness whatsoever, I quality I have come to really like about ISFps.

I cant see you and Gul as the same type, I refuse to see Gul as an ISFp. Using Gulenkos DNCH system to justify a typing is bullshit in my opinion; you can justify anything doing that. Gul does not seem comfortable or relaxed; which is a key component in ISFp demeanor.
    Because I'm up on stage, giving a performance. Interacting with people is terrifying.

Repeatedly hammering home a single point is a sign both of a weak argument and significant cognitive distortion.

You think I'm ESE right? But are you just using that as "hyperactive spazzball SEI", or is it an actual ESE typing?

You also have to contend with all these people who know me to varying degrees commenting on how seemingly relaxed I am, how seemingly low-energy I am, how much of a relaxing, upcheering influence I seem to have, etc, etc. Well fuck me sideways, apparently I'm living on a planet of delusional idiots, and only your penetrating insight can cut through this massive cultural conspiracy to obscure my true type!

That said, this could just be an issue of my S saying "Meanwhile, back in the real world--" and your N cutting it off with "Well to hell with you buddy, my imagination says this thing instead!" and we wind up talking completely in circles.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know what the hell you are saying Brian.
    D-SEI 9w1

Contrarian Traditionalist Krig the Viking's Avatar
    TIM
    C-LII
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kamajama, I would say you seem fairly clearly SEI in that video. Your observation about your groundedness and "matter of fact" manner compared to Brian's "awkwardness" is consistent with my initial assessment of Brian as IEE. (Note that this is not absolute proof of that assessment, simply a lack of contradiction that could theoretically have other explanations).
    Quaero Veritas.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok let's think about this for a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by thePirate View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Because I'm up on stage, giving a performance. Interacting with people is terrifying.
    wtf?? where does this come from? Isn't kama giving a performance too??? What does interacting with people being terrifying have to do with anything??? Social anxiety exists. Different types have it for different reasons.
    The saddest ESFj

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh also...
    Interacting with people is terrifying.

You also have to contend with all these people who know me to varying degrees commenting on how seemingly relaxed I am, how seemingly low-energy I am, how much of a relaxing, upcheering influence I seem to have, etc, etc.
    You're contradicting yourself. How do you think an ESFj would differ from this?
    Last edited by electric sheep; 07-03-2010 at 04:39 AM.
    The saddest ESFj

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't mean to ride on coat-tails of popular opinion, but I consider my social interaction a performance also. I have even called myself an actor at times in my real life.
    D-SEI 9w1

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kama you seem like a cool guy, you remind me of someone I've met but I don't remember at all who it was lol. ISFp works for you.

Well then maybe you should stop "giving performances", since clearly you're giving people an impression of yourself that you don't see as accurate. It's not fair to use it as an excuse when you do it all the time.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice video, Kam. Now you finally remind me of me. :-p Same energy levels. Bored sarcasm.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Arctures View Post
    Well then maybe you should stop "giving performances", since clearly you're giving people an impression of yourself that you don't see as accurate. It's not fair to use it as an excuse when you do it all the time.
    Ahh yes, good catch. A good indication that he is 3w2.
    The saddest ESFj

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamajama View Post
    I don't mean to ride on coat-tails of popular opinion, but I consider my social interaction a performance also. I have even called myself an actor at times in my real life.
    That's actually kinda interesting, because my ISFp mom sees herself in the same fashion. She told me once that she's learned all of her social skills from Mary Tyler Moore lol. Granted neither you nor my mom are at the same energy level as Brian

Quote Originally Posted by electric sheep View Post
    Ahh yes, good catch. A good indication that he is 3w2.
    Well I wouldn't go that far. I don't really think Brian is actively seeking image confirmation as much as he is trying to reaffirm or defend his already established self-image, something I know I've been guilty of as well and I'm no 3.

Creepy-male

wtf?? where does this come from? Isn't kama giving a performance too??? What does interacting with people being terrifying have to do with anything???
    I act crazy to make myself laugh. A lot of pretty much everything I do that involves other people is amusing myself.

You're contradicting yourself. How do you think an ESFj would differ from this?
    "Low energy"? Isha also added when I was talking to her about this that it's not just low energy--it's that I'm comfortable being low energy. "You do nothing "

"After a few days in your company, nobody who knew anything about Socionics would try to say you're an Extravert." paraphrased. Also mentioned, my lack of initiative. (And I'd add, similarly to the energy, I'm quite comfortable being moved around by other people; or in SEI fashion, particularly being The Second Guy turning the ILE's solitary spectacle of idiocy into a riotous party).

Also, this is where DCNH comes in handy. Being Creative subtype and having accentuated Se means I can quite happily move in and kickstart things that aren't happening when by all rights they should. It's not my preferred way of operating, but I can tap into it if frustrated enough. (Compare with Se dominance which seems to live in a realm where every delay and hamper needs to be minimised and is an endless vexation.)

Quote Originally Posted by Arctures View Post
    Really, it's not my problem if you lot are delusional and make sweeping assumptions about who and what I am based on an extremely narrow scope of study. What you type me as is none of my concern.

"Aha, but if you don't care, why do you post! Clearly you're lying!"

No, what I care about is how utterly wrongheaded some of the typing methodologies circulating in this community are. Some of you people are absolutely atrocious, almost offensively so.

So no, I don't think I'll stop acting up for my own amusement.

I'd like to close this discussion with a picture. After that, you can find me in the bar, making deformed men out of peanuts, and we can put this latest type intrigue debacle of mine behind us.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW, here's some probable SEIs looking pretty noticeably uncomfortable/fidgety or whatever in social situations:

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kam, push Brian aside, I am now alphagay for you.

Also, awkward turtle is mine >.<

Where did it come from? I picked it up off a mate months ago and have been doing it habitually ever since
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really, it's not my problem if you lot are delusional and make sweeping assumptions about who and what I am based on an extremely narrow scope of study. What you type me as is none of my concern.
    I find it very hard to believe that a majority of other people are delusional and that you are the only person who knows yourself 100% correctly in every facet. You have to give other people more credit, because others are always going to see things in people that they've never noticed themselves due to personal bias. I am not making "sweeping assumptions" about who you are because I see very consistent patterns in behavior, and I have yet to see anything that would make me think anything other than Ep temperament. So why would I have any reason to believe that the way you act on camera is any different from who you really are? You simply saying that you act differently is never going to convince me unless I actually see it, nor should it convince anybody else.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Khola View Post
    Kam, push Brian aside, I am now alphagay for you.

Also, awkward turtle is mine >.<

Where did it come from? I picked it up off a mate months ago and have been doing it habitually ever since
    You'd be Alphastraight for him though.

... unless there's something one of you two is not telling us?

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gulanzon, you are delusional.

your reply was a bunch of nonsense, you can spew every bullshit in the book, but I have seen you on cam and on posts and you just do not exude the presence of an SEI; as far as you being 'relaxed', I dont know what you're talking about. I have seen countless posts telling you to chill the fuck out.

not to knock on ISHA, but her socionics knowledge has seemed questionable to me; as far as other people typing you an 'introvert'; I wouldnt put too much stock into that. neither on your DCNH justifications, an SEI is an SEI, period. what your doing is attempting to use another system to back up a half assed self typing; Se is their ignoring function, PERIOD. all this accentuated Se crap isnt fooling anyone. as far as creating methodologies around here, I dont think you have room to speak. many people here are much better than you, like krig, who don't buy this SEI typing

the only people you have gotten to accept this(to my knowledge), dont know socionics well or are not familiar with you an d your posting history, taking things at face value.

get off your cloud man.
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awkward turtle was taught to me by a Gamma actually. It was my first time actually using it.

Go SEI-ness, boo to supposed Delta-ness.

And yeah, Brian, you seem to brush off criticism by not making any sense in your answer. Making peanut men? I don't get it. And what kind of person spends their time trying to make themselves laugh? I thought Fe was used to raise/lower the emotional state of others.
    D-SEI 9w1

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    Go shoot yourself, prick. Yes, the majority is delusional, now go you know where and stfu!
    ---

You fucking hypocrites in this thread, all of you used to say that Gul is an SEI previously.
    Like Rubicon said, the vast majority of SEIs are not comfortable in social situations. Not that I think that Brian is SEI, but this "argument" is full of shit. Kamajama's confidence show-off is rather non-Alpha.
    I honestly don't know what type he is. Anything I said in this thread has nothing to do with his type.

For Rubicon to say that is a vast simplification, and even she would admit that, and for you to swallow that so easily shows you are grasping for a reason to call me not SEI. How can someone say that they are not comfortable in (all) social situations? Even an ILI can be comfortable with a very close friend. The lack of thought in this statement (if meant in the absolute) is astounding. I feel sorry for someone who can't function in the real world and talk to someone without seizing up in tremors.

If you read back, I never said I was confident. I just talked about anything on my mind, and if you noticed Pinnochio, there was a point in the video where there was an "awkward silence", and I said it was awkward in the video. That is not confidence by any regard.
    D-SEI 9w1

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Go shoot yourself, prick. Yes, the majority is delusional, now go you know where and stfu!
    ---

You fucking hypocrites in this thread, all of you used to say that Gul is an SEI previously.
    Like Rubicon said, the vast majority of SEIs are not comfortable in social situations. Not that I think that Brian is SEI, but this "argument" is full of shit. Kamajama's confidence show-off is rather non-Alpha.
    Wow.. calm down. I think you're misreading people's intentions, seeing evil motives where there are none. Differences in opinion aren't evil, people can change their minds (like you've done with Gul) and keep in mind that you don't have the monopoly on holding the correct opinion.

And please don't misquote me.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamajama View Post
    YouTube - ME! being ISFp and Random.

Just some of my ponderings about life and video-ness. And Brian and my differences.
    asd;fkljads awkward turtle lol.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    asd;fkljads awkward turtle lol.
    Do you love me yet?
    D-SEI 9w1

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still don't see why ESFj is not your type. I mean, any good navigator of social situations knows when to "tone it down" and when to "turn it up" or when to affect others and let themselves be affected. It's not rocket science. How awkward you are in social situations is not meaningful when it comes to type. For all I know you just don't always know the appropriate energy level for each interaction. It can be tough to nail it sometimes. Your outpouring of emotion on this thread just seems like an attempt to flood everyone with bullshit so maybe they'll leave you alone. This is not what ISFps do in my experience. This is not "low energy". I don't buy it. I guess you'll say something like "ok I can act high energy when I want to" but then we're back to square one, you still aren't low energy, you pick your energy level for the interaction. But I get it, your hair is a bird, etc, etc.
    The saddest ESFj

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently this argument was used bu most people in this thread, that awkwardness makes someone less SEI, but it's the other way around.

[citation needed]
    The saddest ESFj

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but really, every type has some environments where they act more shy and awkward and other environments where they act more outgoing and confident. If brian only focuses on the situations where he has low energy and low confidence while everyone else focuses on the situations where he has high energy and high confidence, where does that leave us? How can we reach any kind of common ground?
    The saddest ESFj

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Rubicon: ok, you were not implying that most SEIs are uncomfortable, but you supported this opinion that they are not necessarily comfortable; definitely not more than others - I'd add. You told me yourself that you hate the fact that you're not spontaneous, now you're taking it back or something?
    I don't see what a lack of spontaneity has to do with appearing uncomfortable or not in social situations. Anyway, "not necessarily comfortable" - yeah, that's all I meant. I brought up 2 possible cases. I don't know enough SEIs to be able to speak for the majority. lol
    This all fuss against Gul and pro Kama is based on this misconception, the problem is that if this naturalness says something, it says that Gul is an SEI and Kama is not. Don't reinvent Socionics.
    That's a subjective evaluation on your part stemming from your dislike of Kam. What are you defining as "naturalness"?
    Hmm there's no crushing argument, we may call it quits. Although, the few "official" sources indicate the fact that an SEI would not say someone else "I'm SEI and you're not because you're not as confident as me", IMO.
    I think you're reading between the lines too much there. There was no 'boasting' on Kam's part. He didn't say that Gul lacked confidence. Gah.. can't someone feel they're a different type from someone from noting differences in their physical styles? He was just speaking his thoughts in the moment. No need for people to get offended. It's hard to point to differences outside the physical - it is for me anyway. Honestly, try to be a bit objective and give the guy a break.
    @Rubicon: I don't think I'm dreaming about people intentions as long as I see these people crowding on Brian to retype him by any means, including distorting understanding. Arctures is right about Brian that he appears as an Ep type, but he's stretching it too far in saying that he's an Extroverted Irrational based on the fact that he's not natural. Idem thePirate using DCNH, he apparently suggests that without using it, the idea that Kama initialized is true.
    I think these people's motivation for wanting to retype Brian is just that they would like to see the guy typed correctly. :-P What do you think their intentions are?
    Overall, if there was not this confidence/awkwardness issue and some other mistakes (one of them would be to type him as IEE, other is lack of spontaneity of extroverted types), I'd agree to participate in support of this necessary evil, to forcibly retype Gul. Otherwise not.
    Forcibly retype? Necessary evil? What the hell? Are people kidnapping him and branding a type on him against his will? I would think that if Gul said his type was no longer up for discussion, people would respect that. Haven't you rather uhh forcibly typed people in the past? It seems to me that you just don't like that people aren't playing by your rules.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- I don't type by likes/dislikes and teaming; if I did, I'd not explain myself so much because it was nothing to explain.
    - I don't assign people bad intentions. I'm judging their actions and history.
    Ok.
    Where did you get the idea that I want to take monopoly on what you of other people who agree with me say? This is total shit, probably your paranoia, the reasons why I make reference to other people are: credit merit (I don't like to claim that I figured out something when other did and inspired me), arguments that someone pointed something I agree with out - even if they overall disagree with me. I don't give a shit about who "supports me" or not, otherwise, believe me, I'd not be so dumb to be so straight, but I'd use methods like Marie's or others to just say "I agree with this" without developing based on my understanding.
    I'm not sure what you're going on about here. I only used the word "monopoly" in reference to you always being right.
    Yesterday, I created a fun video - my first one - as answer to Kama's when I said that he reminds me of an SLE friend of mine. I decided to not post it when I saw how shit is spread in the thread, that the effort to tweak and convert it (high sound noise and ogm format) is not worth it.
    Well I'm sorry we didn't get to see it.
    Yes, he did, without pronouncing the word "confidence". Is this impossible? What's your understanding in what he motivated in his video, then, what's this difference?
    Well I think the differences between Gul's and Kam's way of acting is quite noticeable. Gul often being pretty zany and tangentish etc, Kam being more laidback. I think he was just noting those differences.
    It's not the first time that you behave like a granny with me, I thought it's an isolated case, but apparently you took your role seriously.
    lol ahhh no
    Like I said, I don't give a shit about rules and influence, except when they interfere with correct typing. These people teamed together to retype him, isn't it clear? Most of these monkeys don't even know how to type, thePirate admitted this previously that he goes on gut feeling; Kama stated in this video that Socionics is weird. What justification do you think they have?

Kamajama and thePirate ignited this fuss without being invited by Brian, is this so hard to see? And if I was on stickam, I might have been able to explain the things even more, this did not appear out of the void. Don't teach me how life is, that it's impossible for the "cool guys" to crowd on the class nerd to teach him a lesson. This is a bunch of posers that I could see as anything but "socionists".
    Well Idk.. Maybe you've got a point. I think socionics is weird too though.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Better, I look like stone age, with a big beard, lol.

I'll eventually convert and send it to you on e-mail, it appears that the noise was partially caused by my playback setup, not the video itself. This thread is way too serious than the moment I made this. I'd like to do this to prove you wrong that I have a problem with Kama, I just reviewed it and I even said that I don't type him Fi because I don't like him.
    Cool.
    I might be right or wrong, but IMO this action was planned in advance by the "big stars" of the stickam, correct me if I'm wrong. Until someone sheds some light on this, I'm happy that I didn't fall in the middle of this with my video .
    I reeaaally doubt there was any planning involved. :-P

TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still don't see why ESFj is not your type. I mean, any good navigator of social situations knows when to "tone it down" and when to "turn it up" or when to affect others and let themselves be affected. It's not rocket science. How awkward you are in social situations is not meaningful when it comes to type.
    Yeah, maybe you're just shit at life.

You know I love ya Gul

Creepy-male

Bee's got the idea of the best way to deal with the type drama.

TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh no you don't, I'm not getting dragged into this. ^_^

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast