Thread: Lagunix

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Lagunix

Hello everybody.

Progressive questions and answers only.

Theories and intellectual discussions on socionics.

Maybe even a post in regards to my type?

Scary Betans please don't stay here too long you smell funny... Stoopid Deltans, you can hang around but please keep your opinions to yourselves... and Gammans you can just go suck my...

Pinnochio you better post something...
    LII

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."

Ayrton Senna

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request
    Last edited by Pied Piper; 06-11-2010 at 12:34 PM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You seem like an Ep.

that is all.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm really sorry but I do not usually participate in public forums so you will have to excuse me as I do not know how to quote.

Pinnochio:
    "I don't know why you assume that it is like/dislike which makes me type people"

I never assumed as such. I don't know where this comes from. Sorry. When you said that there was a possibility for you to "get over your PoLR disability" I simply disagreed.

You: I can get over my PoLR
    Me: No you can't.

That's simply how I meant it. No more, no less. I mean, that's it, don't read anything into it. I wasn't using your quote in connection to anything else, I was just using it.

Why would I assume that you type people based on your personal feelings? Is that how you meant it? I mean, that's how it's read right? ... shrugs*

I have already mentioned in a previous post that I will no longer use my experiences to justify my ideas on socionics. I can see now my mistake. I hope that even you will forgive my error... i mean, if that's not too much to ask?

"I hope you don't expect me to believe this myth of yours that F types understand better the human mind."

F types better understand the human mind? It's not my myth and it's not what I believe. You're reading too much into my post. I was trying to convey to you the reasons why I thought the way I did through my personal experiences but, as I've said before - my bad.

This is a thread that I created (you came up with the name, sure) with the thought that maybe we'd be able to discuss ideas... whatever the reason, it might be a little bit more difficult than i had hoped.

"This is just another prejudice/myth, I personally don't relate to it, people who use to think that anything connected to physical strength are IMO ignorant anyway."

I didn't mean it like this and I didn't say it was connected to physical strength. I was trying to convey to you my weakness in the area (e sensing) and how an SLE was able to overcome me through his vastly greater ability in it (as my supervisor, I mean - or, my supposed supervisor). I was also trying to convey my thoughts as to how I think the functions work but I see now that they have been lost on you.

"Not related to anything you said (or maybe vaguely): are you a survivalist?"

No I don't appreciate that at all. I don't think that has anything to do with what we're talking about or what we were supposed to have been talking about. I think that comment is low and unnecessary.

I've already said that my type was up for questioning, heh, despite those who can't tell when I'm being serious and when I'm actually screwing around.
    LII

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."

Ayrton Senna

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do you think you aren't IEE, or at least are LII > IEE?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

where did those quotes come from Pinocchio?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lagunaloire11 View Post
    I'm sure we would all like to believe that we have some degree of control over our PoLR but the fact is that we do not. You do realize that although you could "use touchy words or emotional influence on people, when I got their "soft spot" in both Fi and Fe manners" but you'd never be able to empathize with others the same way a EII could right? You're never going to have their insights into human psychology and behavior. You're just not.
    Agreed

I have seen unhealthy EII's in action and they can rip up your soul from something as simple as a denied smile. I have seen them manipulate people mercilessly for years while maintaining this image of a gentle martyr, the humble, the weak, the ever helpful servant. I know this because she is in my family and only now has it dawned on me her maliciousness and her true intent. And so I'll ask her why and she won't be able to come up with an answer. Probably because of the injuries she believes to have suffered at the hands of others... and it's impossible to explain it to the rest of my family, they won't believe me. Sometimes I think I'm wrong, that I must be going insane. But that's how good she is. Do you reckon you could do that? I think not.
    Same with my friend; it was with her father, but even after all of that, she is trying very hard to reestablish bonds.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The main reason why I don't consider myself an IEE is that I'm not confident in the sphere of human relations. I tend either to be really distant and polite, as I am now, or really in your face and annoying and getting on everyone's nerves. I have noticed very recently that this is not something I have a great degree of control over.

I typed myself as an SEI at first. That time, however, it really was ignorance (I know how much you love that word Pinocchio) and I had only glossed over most of the terms and definitions in socionics. In fact, I think I had typed myself based on definitions I had read (I can't remember what it is called) MBTi?

I came however, to an understanding that SEI's are supposed have some degree of skill or at least be confident in a physical/sensual sense... and I am somewhat lacking in that regard (basically I'm saying that I'm an ugly bastard... or at least I think I am!). I cringe at even the thought of having to have my photo taken (keep thinking, ugh, god I'm not going to look good in this...).

So I abandoned any allusions as to me being an SEI or any sensory type and I switched over to IEE :wink:

Why am I an LII? Because, among other things, I'm pretty sure that my talents lie in an ability to keep a cool head and remain objective, most of the time. :wink:

I have mentioned before in regards to my type that nothing is set in stone.

What do you think I am?
    LII

Ayrton Senna

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tend either to be really distant and polite, as I am now, or really in your face and annoying and getting on everyone's nerves.
    That sounds a lot like me. Maybe just a very wordy LII?
    ILI (FINAL ANSWER)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
    That sounds a lot like me.
    I'm the same.

Problem: Is it probable that an LII would find it this difficult to type himself? the basics of socionics are really easy. Most of the time, it seems, people more frequently mistype themselves as LII, but very few LII type themselves as something else.

Personally, I realised that my strong kept me from 100% certainty of my type: I always left open the possibility that there may be some bit of knowledge I hadn't come across yet, that could flip all I thought I knew on it's head, but came to the rescue. There are only 16 types. Using a process of elimination, weeding out the types that imply contradiction to the way you are and your relationships with others should be really easy, imo.
    LII

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Realizing your self takes time; you have to look at what other see in you and what you see in yourself...

The first function I realized was Ne...Fi was hidden for me, mostly because I didn't undersand how much I valued it or didn't realized I used it; I value people/humanity and goodness.

So, what do you value and be honest to yourself.
    -

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Realizing your self takes time; you have to look at what other see in you and what you see in yourself...

The first function I realized was Ne...Fi was hidden for me, mostly because I didn't undersand how much I valued it or didn't realized I used it; I value people/humanity and goodness.

So, what do you value and be honest to yourself.
    do you think most people notice the extroverted function in their ego first? Or do you think they notice the creative function first whether extroverted or introverted?
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    do you think most people notice the extroverted function in their ego first? Or do you think they notice the creative function first whether extroverted or introverted?
    No, I believe that the order varies all over the place so what's true for me isn't true with everyone. It's all about how we want to be viewed or how type suits and serves our needs or reflects our psychic vision of who we want to be as opposed to who we really are.

I realized Ne, it was dead obvious to not only myself but also to others in my speaking tone and style. Then I realized that I wished to be more logical, which obviously was an internal wish rather then a reality, the reality was that I was very people centered and I stove to help them and most importantly, I experience empathy and feelings of others with such clarity of perception.

My empathetic nature sometimes bothers or bothered my ESE cousin and sis who thought I must have some emotional need to help others (they would wish for me to be more selfish, which I've never been), those needs were projecting outwards in form of actions. All the altruistic causes and comments reflected deep seated emotions and values of that function that were apparent to others but somehow made me more annoyed of myself, so I tried to deny it's existence or to hide it from myself, wishing for a "stronger" function, which I related to T types.

Sometimes brings on extreme depressions and I feel, periodically, the need to divorce myself from it (which obviously can not be done), which also causing me to deny its existence as a primary function. I, in attempt to deny it, would delve into the world of T, knowledge and Ne, ideas. All the ways I strove to express myself with others in writing were me pushing myself to look like more of a T type. Rick noticed this in me, the more emails I sent him, I was persistently calling myself a T type and denying the F traits he saw in my writing or VI.

was something that I accepted when I spoke to a good friend who said that I get feelings from people and that she was sure that according to descriptions can't really do that and neither cares to unless feelings are clearly said or displayed...which is somewhat true. But that particularly, she noticed that my outside nature, calm, peaceful, not overactive, logic, requiring order to me, just a lot of things.

Comparing to herself, she said she doesn't give a "shit" about people and what they think about her and her actions and that I am careful and concerned...we typed her as ISTp, she's existential and I am proactive, I think change can be influenced by our actions.

Fe was obvious to Rick, because I came off that way to him; I have a good amount of Fe influence in my life, so I do become comfortable faster around people more so then most EII seem to be, but I notice the difference with Fe ego types and myself when I speak. I speak differently and project that function's traits differently then they do.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 06-14-2010 at 03:33 AM.
    -

TIM
    INTJ - intuitive sub
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey, Maritsa.

1. my EII friend had similar issues. He complains alot to the point where people complained about how much he complains. Apart of it was he was frequently bullied or teased or disrespected at work. He worked in a mechanic shop which definitely is not his calling. He is unsocialable yet has a caring nature toward other people's suffering - the meaning of empathy. However in an unhealthy environment where anyone who listens to soft rock is immediately mocked and teased as being gay; a mechanic shop is not the ideal environment for EII's imo who enjoy admitting to their vulnerabilities. Due to an unhealthy environment he would not be able to handle the stress at work and unfortunately the same treatment he received at work is the same treatment he gave toward his friends - myself included. He would insult others and put them down but then apologize to them since that is the way he is treated at work, what he was really working toward was gaining pity for how unfairly he is treated at work. However because he kept apologizing again and again, his friends lost pity and respect for him. Marista, you mentioned your proactive and your an EII, well in an unhealthy state, my EII friend is very reactive and as you can see very manipulative.

2. Not everything travels in a straight path. For an EII, though they can be very empathetic, they can also be fairly logical when they feel it is appropriate. In the same manner LII can show a great deal of empathy toward others, though, this may not be their first, second, or even third inclincation in how to respond to the situation. If I had to guess, I'd likely accredit empathy to their intuition, if they have a well rounded intuition that allows for the possibility to be emotionally understanding. In my opionion one person can be subjective and objective when the situation calls for it as they're a requsite for life, more than a requsite to determine type.