Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which forum member do you feel has the biggest potential to "dual" with you

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Which forum member do you feel has the biggest potential to "dual" with you

If you remember any post of any forum member posting how their prefect partner should be and you felt like that that is completely you, or getting a vibes from them that you can easily dual with them.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

Creepy-male

Brilliand comes pretty close.

It's just a pity that he's not female, in Sydney, and vaguely my age; in order of preference.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 07490 View Post
    getting a vibes from them that you can easily dual
    I don't know what it means to "dual", but the following (in order) sometimes give me vibes I associate with duality:

1. Allie.
    2. Implied.
    3. Ashton.

If we're talking real life interactions, I don't think either member would form a dual socionics communication pattern with me. Allie because she's much quicker than me intellectually, Implied and Ashton because they almost certainly are not actual duals.
    Greetings, ragnar
    ILI knowledge-seeker

Creepy-bg

JRiddy, Blaze, Vero, Elro, hkkmr (it's a little different with hkkmr, but still feels very dually to me)
    Last edited by bg; 07-05-2009 at 03:33 PM.

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kam, Bee, Maliafee, pinkcanary
    The end is nigh

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

does dual mean fuck

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by crazedratXII View Post
    does dual mean fuck
    yes.

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know anymore
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol
    The end is nigh

Quote Originally Posted by tereg View Post
    I don't know anymore
    Your avatar agrees with you.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mm. Ahah, this thread is a bit embarassing to reply. Thinking about the girls I've been most compatible with, I suppose Implied would be the most likely. Then there would be a girl that's not been around the forum for a long time, Raisonpure - I don't know if any of you remember her. Then Allie, but I'm not whimsical enough for being compatible.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Se-ISTjs:

* Rocky (wish he still posted here)

* Idolatrie

* DeAnte (come out of the closet already. LSI.)

(I'm not reasonably certain, but I suspect that Jessica129 and implied are LSIs.)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm...as Socionics is STILL over my head, this is a hard question to answer. I mean, I could choose people whom I feel a warm connection to whenever we talk, or people who's posts are enjoyable to read...however, apparently duality, in a way, is supposed to be so natural that you hardly notice it, or it takes you by surprise...or something like that. With that in mind, I don't think I can pick anyone just from forum interaction alone.

But I guess Numbers was referring to what people said in the "perfect dual" thread, and going by that, I'd have to choose Isha. A lot of what she said just seemed to...resonate with me. I don't know exactly what that means, but, well, there you go.

Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cone View Post
    But I guess Numbers was referring to what people said in the "perfect dual" thread, and going by that, I'd have to choose Isha.

It doesn't have to be necessary, I made this thread because I've read several ISTj's post where how they talk, how they seek another person and what they want from them just completely in awk with who I am. your prefect partner, rather you know socionics before or after, you always have image of how your prefect partner is, you think about it, you envision it, then you read a post here and there from someone, from online you sometimes speaks your heart out and that helps a lot. More than a few have told me their dual's behavior was something they subconsciously want from someone they mapped out even before they knew socionics.

1)

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, Numbers. With that in mind, I'd say that I am a bit too young yet to understand what I would want subconsciously. I mean, I'm trying to understand and put together what I do in both relationships and friendships, and what I'm aiming for. But still, I think I'm too young yet.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely Ezra. Jimbean. Oh, and I'll throw in Nick for good measure.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for me it's Shakealittle, Idolatrie and Carla.

1)

2)

Creepy-bg

I didn't know we were supposed to go by their stated stuff in the other thread. I just listed the people who it's most effortless and natural and dually to talk to about stuff. With Blaze, I've met her IRL and there was honestly like a natural draw I felt that was almost physical (for me at least, and not just because she's hot) besides all the other dually understanding.
    Last edited by bg; 07-05-2009 at 12:24 PM.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bionicgoat, Mune, Bee/Khola, LokiVanguard (not an attempt to subtly retype Luis, I think he's SLI)
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

Pretend like it's the weekend Banana Pancakes's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gulanzon

(this should be everyone's answer)
    ILE-Ti
    6w7 sx/sp (low level of confidence)

Creepy-bg

also just wanted to say that this is a kind of hard topic to respond to because I HATE not listing people and the thought that I might forget somebody and hurt their feelings.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ezra, maybe Herzy, idolatrie for sure. To a lesser extent implied and Khamelion.

To me, "Feeling" duality is less about getting along with someone or feeling a "connection," but seeing that they give you something that you need; they can see from angles that you just wouldn't even think to. Like, I would say I feel more of a "connection" with strrrng and Khamelion than anyone on the board, but my interactions with strrrng are more like mental fencing practice, and with Khamelion its sort of like we're feeding each and smearing pie all over each other's faces other more than anything but I can tell that they don't give me what I'm "looking for."
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    To me, "Feeling" duality is less about getting along with someone or feeling a "connection," but seeing that they give you something that you need; they can see from angles that you just wouldn't even think to.
    It's both imo (at least for this thread).

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I dont mean the thread, I mean actually "noticing" duality.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

heath!

other people too but he comes to mind as someone i almost always understand.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mimosa feels the most natively compatible to me, in the sense that I always feel like I know where she's coming from, despite it being from a completely different angle than where I am. And her post in the duality thread (being one of like 5 that I read) felt very, very familiar.

Other than that, I would say herzy, just because our interactions have always felt pretty effortless, in terms of 'being on the same page'.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux View Post
    Definitely Ezra. Jimbean. Oh, and I'll throw in Nick for good measure.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Ezra, maybe Herzy, idolatrie for sure. To a lesser extent implied and Khamelion.

To me, "Feeling" duality is less about getting along with someone or feeling a "connection," but seeing that they give you something that you need; they can see from angles that you just wouldn't even think to. Like, I would say I feel more of a "connection" with strrrng and Khamelion than anyone on the board, but my interactions with strrrng are more like mental fencing practice, and with Khamelion its sort of like we're feeding each and smearing pie all over each other's faces other more than anything but I can tell that they don't give me what I'm "looking for."
    Yeah. I get a similar feeling from you and scarlett, in that regard; and while there is a compatibility, it has more of a frictional quality, because of the similarities.

Quote Originally Posted by Carla View Post
    ...(and strrrngy's NiFe)
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I still hate all of you for being way too dorky and scaring off my gay dual. (Sean)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't the slightest clue how to answer this question because is duality something that other people can feel through text? I can't. I can say who I think are awesome, who's posts I always read, who are more like 'real people' to me than others, but not so much 'I feel duality with X and Y'. Christ, I barely notice duality when I'm talking to idolatrie - all I know is that I like talking to her and we get more 'conversational' depth with minimal friction than any other conversation I have. But that's not something I can replicate on an online medium.

Is it because other people here also communicate with each other off-forum? Or is it sort of like idolatrie used to point out to me - that I was uniquely stunted in my ability to realise virtual (non-real life) interactions?

Duality is the way in which someone responds to me, listens to me, approaches me, looks at me; I recognize my dual from body language and the cues of interaction. All of these things are unavailable online. I kind of maze through these online places, with a vague sense of things, and I could probably say: so and so are in my quadra, but aside from that, I'm not sure I get a whole load of anything more. All in all, it's much easier to recognise identicals than duals online.
    ()
    3w4-1w2-5w4 sx/sp

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    Se-ISTjs:

* Rocky (wish he still posted here)

* Idolatrie

* DeAnte (come out of the closet already. LSI.)

(I'm not reasonably certain, but I suspect that Jessica129 and implied are LSIs.)
    Pretty much anyone can be justified as LSI in JuJu-onics.

Quote Originally Posted by Banana Pancakes View Post
    gulanzon

(this should be everyone's answer)
    I basically feel the same way.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jriddy, Vero, Look to the Sky, Steve perchance

bonus <3s for glam, hitta, carla, cracka, mysticsonic, and dolphin though

Hell, Jake can even have one too.

And Gulanzon.

Yeah, pretty much all of you!
    Last edited by munenori2; 07-06-2009 at 06:12 AM. Reason: brodogmcmandude <3
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty much anyone who wants to be my dual.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Isha View Post
    Um, why?

Not that I have any kind of problem with this, it just never occurred to me. It probably still wouldn't occur to me even after you mentioned it. Aren't I too boring for you?
    Well...I actually haven't had much experience with anyone on the forum since coming back to say anything absolutely definitive. Plus I have the same problem identifying duality as unefille said. So, I wanted to answer the question, but I really only had the "perfect dual" thread to go by. And most of what you said resonated with me, like, you would be a pretty cool person to hang around.

And boring? Because I am supposedly INTp and we're supposed to be look-alikes? (Personally, I think I live somewhere on the Ne-Si axis, but Socionics is hard enough for me to understand as it is...) But seriously, from a subjective feeling, no, I wouldn't consider you boring. You're heavily involved in music. I can't find someone like that boring.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by DeAnte View Post
    I basically feel the same way.

You can be my ultra-dual.

P.S. fear of sleep is a pretty cool guy.

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Am I allowed to be polygamous in this hypothetical?

Dead-heat between Vero, Banana Pancakes and Riddy.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    I still hate all of you for being way too dorky and scaring off my gay dual. (Sean)
    LOL

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Khola View Post
    Am I allowed to be polygamous in this hypothetical?

Dead-heat between Vero, Banana Pancakes and Riddy.
    I get first dibs!!
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by mn0good View Post
    I get first dibs!!
    I personally vote for Riddy, because he's sexy and Ne sub.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Isha View Post
    It wasn't really based on our supposed intertype relations (I don't currently have an opinion on your type), you just seem like a kind of "poetic" person, and I'm really not.

... but I suppose a mutual passion for music is duality enough. You play cello, yeah? You can play continuo for me.
    Poetic, eh? Wow, that's a really big complement for me, even if you do find it boring!

And I tried to learn cello, but I had a difficult time trying to keep the damn thing tuned and up-to-shape. Mostly I just play piano now in various settings. Continuo? You give me the most boring part!

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone else feel like it would be easier to answer who is very much not their dual?

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Then Allie, but I'm not whimsical enough for being compatible.
    I would've thought it the other way around. I figured you were way more whimsical than me. But now that I think about it, I've never really been serious around you what with Stickam tits or gtfo? chats, your lolli pop & boom boom music, oh and that great bomba bomba guy I want to marry. Does that stuff count as whimsical? Because you're plenty already, imo. More than anything though, I appreciate the somewhat crude but true things you say to forum morons. Like I remember reading: “you're a fucking idiot and I will come with a bottle of vodka redbull at your funeral to celebrate” in response to something ephemeros said and I couldn't stop laughing. Hah.

Anyway, I would put you down as my dual in this thread too. So you, along with Ashton (who I'm certain about, given how easy and natural our interactions with each other are), and… I can't really think of anyone else right now. I communicate rather well with some Beta NFs, but I don't think they're my duals because at times they're attitudes towards things are either foreign or annoying to me. I think Jimbean is great and when I talk to him I feel like we understand each other pretty well, but I don't think we're duals either because our temperments seem too similar to be compatible really. Numbers isn't my dual, and JuJu the GuRu would be the worst dual ever because he's an evasive little shit and that would drive me crazy. I like crazedrat, but we're not duals. Gilly is too inconsistent, and the majority of the time I don't really get where he's coming from. I think Maria is in my quadra, but I don't think she's my dual. What else… I keep scrolling down to the Topic Review below this little Reply to Thread box to gather names because I can't think of people off the top of my head if I don't interact with them a lot. Um… oh, as much as I like and understand dolphin, she is definitely not my dual because I feel like when we talk we're mostly bitching about the same problems without really being “right” for each other in any way compatible for solving them. Btw, I love CPig/cogsci but he is not my dual. Anyway, that's all because I can't think of anyone else (though I'm certainly leaving out people and it'll make me feel slightly shitty later hah).

Again, it would be much easier for me to go on telling who is not my dual and to explain why.
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    Anyone else feel like it would be easier to answer who is very much not their dual?
    yeah, not hitta, not banana pancakes. so that's two alphas down, maybe an alpha and a beta.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast