Thread: What are LSIs/ISTjs like when they don't get enough Fe?

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What are LSIs/ISTjs like when they don't get enough Fe?

So, we all know that without Se, IEIs tend to be sluggish, slovenly, unmotivated, useless clods of dirt living on a couch or bed somewhere and only rousing themselves for the basic necessities of human existence (and that reluctantly: Si role ). But, what I want to know is, what are LSIs like who don't have a good source of Fe?

The reason I ask is, one of my best friends from high school is LSI, I'm pretty sure (although on one test, he actually tested ExFx, but I'm pretty sure that's just wrong), and during middle school (which is the worst part of everyone's life), he was all unhappy and actually kinda mopey about stuff, and this appeared to improve when he a) took command of a variety of clubs around school (Se?), b) joined a marching band thing (which I interpret as beta-style "collective action"), and c) sort of got more emotionally excited about things (which I interpret as getting more Fe). So, I'm wondering what specifically LSIs "get" from Fe, and how the presence or absence of it in their lives tends to manifest in behavior. Thanks.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    So, we all know that without Se, IEIs tend to be sluggish, slovenly, unmotivated, useless clods of dirt living on a couch or bed somewhere and only rousing themselves for the basic necessities of human existence (and that reluctantly: Si role ).
    I'd like to know how SEIs would look in comparison.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkster View Post
    I'd like to know how SEIs would look in comparison.
    Same, except doing something enjoyable like playing video games.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    So, I'm wondering what specifically LSIs "get" from Fe, and how the presence or absence of it in their lives tends to manifest in behavior. Thanks.
    I have a friend, Ti-ISTj, named Josh who has described long periods of time without Fe... He's told me that during these times he becomes (I'm paraphrasing) "like a zombie"--desperately bored, devoid of meaning, and confused about the direction of his life. He's described himself as functioning somewhat like a robot during these times--he carries on living, but he's not 'alive.' Outwardly, I imagine that this manifests in looking depressed, or "mopey" as you put it. (People have described him as looking "mopey" regardless of Fe, which is common with ISTjs--both subtypes, in my experience.)

When he's supplied Fe, he's much more talkative and involved with life... More sympathetic too.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JuJu gives mopey mummies meaning.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    JuJu gives mopey mummies meaning.
    strrrng makes meaning mocking people on the internet... the rest of the world laughs... I wonder if he knows at what (?)

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No more meaning than your futile self-promotion.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    I have a friend, Ti-ISTj, named Josh who has described long periods of time without Fe... He's told me that during these times he becomes (I'm paraphrasing) "like a zombie"--desperately bored, devoid of meaning, and confused about the direction of his life. He's described himself as functioning somewhat like a robot during these times--he carries on living, but he's not 'alive.' Outwardly, I imagine that this manifests in looking depressed, or "mopey" as you put it. (People have described him as looking "mopey" regardless of Fe, which is common with ISTjs--both subtypes, in my experience.)

When he's supplied Fe, he's much more talkative and involved with life... More sympathetic too.
    I have personally met Josh, and although I only saw him for a few hours, this seems to be really true about him. And as for myself, this rings very true to me. Without Fe, I exist, but I don't feel like it. It's kind of like a 'floating through life but nothing really happened' kind of thing, and afterwards, it's all just a cloudy blur. Honestly, it's almost like blacking out, in a way. People constantly tell me I look upset or unhappy or that I look like I'm about to cry... When supplied Fe, I'm more positive and talkative overall and interactive in general.
    LSI (ISTj)

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    I keep starting flame wars because I like people on the internet to think I'm cool, witty, and important...
    As people here start to apply Socionics, in earnest, to their inter-type relations, I believe that they'll begin to realize for themselves what's correct.

I'm not after "getting credit" for anything--not "wow Justin! You were right! omg... strrrng was wrong..."

I don't want people to take my word for this stuff--I want them to think for themselves.

I hope that--after seeing that there's a conflict of ideas here--people here slowly start to examine their own beliefs, find their correct types, and then enjoy the benefits... Hopefully they'll tell their friends... I've found this system to be remarkably accurate and I think it could help a lot of people... To me, that's not "self-promotion," although I've noticed that you like to characterize it like that in flame wars.

To Numbers--yes, THAT Josh! Haha... You two remind me of each other... Two duals of mine.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu
    I don't want people to take my word for this stuff--I want them to think for themselves.
    Which is why you patronize anyone who doesn't agree with "real socionics."
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find a real void without Fe, not when alone, but in a group. I know I cannot create it myself, it cannot come from within. ISTJs have a firm grasp of real life, with all its grittiness. Fe can lift our spirits and give us hope. One of the best keep secrets about ISTjs is that secretly, deep down, we're romantics - and Fe will usually put a smile on our faces.