TIM
    ESTp / SLE
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default SLE Identical Relations: Two ESTps walked into a bar

So what happens next?

Who has had experience with a double SLE confrontation and has lived to tell about it? Or, even better, who is an SLE and has experienced how it feels like to be in the same room as another SLE, friend or otherwise?

Going off of personal experience, SLE identical relations aren't all fun and immediate understanding as Wikisocion made it out to be. When I was at a convention, I met a girl who I have reason to believe is also and ESTp. We had all contacted each other prior due to similar interests, and now we were supposed to be going out to dinner together. She was leading a group of people, and I had arrived with an IEI friend. Within a few minutes, I started getting definite vibes of aggression from her, probably because she was feeling that I was challenging her leadership by making so many jokes and laughing it up with everyone. I backed down immediately because she was obviously the rightful lead wolf here, but still, there was a background of tension throughout the whole evening.

Also, I feel like I get similar feelings from ESTjs. I've met one ESTj who apparently couldn't rest easy until she had the upper-hand over me. We were in a group together, and she kept on striking down all of my ideas. I'm not sure if she was like that with everyone, but at that moment, it felt like I was being targeted.

So that brings me back to my original question. Can SLEs coexist peacefully (or even two EST-types), or must the less aggressive one tone down their or take on a less volatile position if they want to get along?

Also, if you've had a different experience, a positive experience, or any experience whatsoever with this situation, do tell. I'm extremely curious.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

estj's are assholes.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

estp's can or cannot get along, depending on the spheres, and the individuals.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

also aggression is a hole, being "more aggressive" can make one look like an asshole. don't undervalue the significance of such.

TIM
    ESTp / SLE
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    estj's are assholes.

Thank you, dearest.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel that many SLE's try to take too much room from me in social events. If I'm enough witty, I'll reach some attention of the Fe-egos present If I don't like the particular Fe-interceptionist, I might try to take most of his attention light away.
    This is not a declaration of war for precious Fe-resources, Yukiko. Welcome to the 16types.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two SLE bitches walk into a bar and I immediately begin formulating a plan to get them into bed. I will abandon them later but it doesn't matter, I will fuck the shit out of them and I will enjoy it.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I read that two SLEs actually dont get along well, as you described, but they can if there is a clear-cut hierachy that allows for one to be in a position of power over the other. Not sure how much thats true though, as Im not sure Id enjoy it if someone was in a position of power over me and I constantly had to deal with them, and Im not even SLE!

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's muchly a matter of territorial issue on some matters. They can share if they are respectful due to perceived balance of power, especially willpower, though they will be watching their backs and propably looking for weaknesses if the other one isn't perceived too assertive.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESTps are holding hands because they are lesbian lovers and the INFp has to try to get in on a 3some with them by being incredible in every way.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Two SLEs walked into a bar...
    ...and they don't know what hit them.

...and the gay bartender ask 'are you a couple.'

"Cool Mafia Godfather" ~SLE Leader's Avatar
    TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Couldn't give a fuck.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Agee View Post
    Couldn't give a fuck.

TIM
    ESTp / SLE
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    This is not a declaration of war for precious Fe-resources, Yukiko. Welcome to the 16types.
    Wouldn't have taken it that way in either case, and thank you for the welcome! ;P

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I think identical can be social and work rivals.

"Cool Mafia Godfather" ~SLE Leader's Avatar
    TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Is this supposed to be a fucking joke? Are you retarded? Quit posting random pictures you dumbass drunkard.

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't suppose that this is Se vs Se per se, but Alpha female vs Alpha female per se.

IMO, the true Alpha female steps down and recognizes hierarchy and leadership... same with the true Alpha male.

Also when I say alpha I mean it in the conventional sense not the socionics sense lol.
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    through her, and in her, is
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbie
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I've never seen SLE-SLE friendship, usually it is LSI-SLE pairs who make good friends.

Identical relations are classed as repulsive in socionics but smoother if one identical has some advantage over the other (age, experience, skill, knowledge, etc.) so that the other one naturally steps down. However having a common goal or common interests makes even conflicting types get along together. Such factors override 'socionically prescribed' relationships all the time, so it is quite possible for two people who type as SLEs to get along given the right circumstances.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Identical types compete for their attention.

ESTjs do want to be right and they won't strike your ideas down but they are looking at it as being useful and productive; if they are just ideas without any productive qualities, then they tend to ask the "but what if..." questions to get you to see the structure like they do.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Agee View Post
    Is this supposed to be a fucking joke? Are you retarded? Quit posting random pictures you dumbass drunkard.
    Just wanted to check something, no need to cry like a little baby. But hey, you can call it random any time, I don't mind at all. Quit being a baby.

Cheers.

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    I've never seen SLE-SLE friendship, usually it is LSI-SLE pairs who make good friends.

Identical relations are classed as repulsive in socionics but smoother if one identical has some advantage over the other (age, experience, skill, knowledge, etc.) so that the other one naturally steps down. However having a common goal or common interests makes even conflicting types get along together. Such factors override 'socionically prescribed' relationships all the time, so it is quite possible for two people who type as SLEs to get along given the right circumstances.
    SLE-Ti with SLE-Se
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    through her, and in her, is
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbie
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!

TIM
    INFp, e5
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Michelle Rodriguez and Jessica Alba are suspected to be ESTps. From this interview, it looks as if two ESTps could get along fairly well.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two Alpha (not the alpha quadra, you know what I mean) females like that together feels very tense even if they seem like they're getting along. It seems really tense to me. I don't think they'd ever go shopping and get a frappuccino together, for example.

TIM
    INFp, e5
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    Two Alpha (not the alpha quadra, you know what I mean) females like that together feels very tense even if they seem like they're getting along. It seems really tense to me. I don't think they'd ever go shopping and get a frappuccino together, for example.
    I got that same vibe, but it didn't seem as bad as Katy Perry's spats with Kara Dioguardi on American Idol, so I assumed it was a tame sort of tension. It's interesting that you brought that up.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm. I didn't get that vibe. I felt really comfortable with it. It's similar to how I am with my better friends and it actually felt like a better, more comfortable sort of getting along than a lot of women's relationships with the "shopping and frappuccino" kind of thing. More real. Didn't seem tense to me, except for the tension inherent in getting interviewed. They weren't competitive or upstaging each other or making little jabs at each other. Not catty at all iow, which is nice.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno, to be honest I didn't really watch much of it but I know their personalities separately and I don't see how it wouldn't be a tense vibe. Like competition. I hate that feeling I get when I'm around some women. You'll smile and be superficial but in the back of my mind I'm thinking, step down bitch lol

TIM
    INFp, e5
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's an even better example. Apparently, they had a falling out too, so this might give you a better view into identical SLE relations.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Angela Lindvall

Sandra Bernhard is not a p type.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    INFp, e5
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Angela Lindvall

Sandra Bernhard is not a p type.
    I dunno... Here's where I found her: http://www.socionics.us/celebrities/sle_2.shtml

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yukiko View Post
    Bahahaha so true!

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Rockwell View Post
    I dunno... Here's where I found her: http://www.socionics.us/celebrities/sle_2.shtml
    If Rick knew how to type, he could type all of us accurately.
    -

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Rockwell View Post

Michelle Rodriguez and Jessica Alba are suspected to be ESTps. From this interview, it looks as if two ESTps could get along fairly well.
    Fuck me, why are SLEs so sexy? Michelle Rodriguez is hot.

Jessica Alba seems like an obvious SEI. Her beginnings in show business is much indicator of that, especially that series which she has been in for a good 4 years or so (not sure about the time but she did that for a good while), where she plays a young girl who loves and take cares of dolphins and swim with them, etc. Then she made Dark Angel where she played a SEI as well and fell in love with an ILE. Most of her old stuff were not popular per se but definitely had alpha themes all over them. Also, she speaks of liking action movies but prefers to show her feminine side as well in the movies - a concern she shares with Angelina Jolie (whom I believe to be SEI as well).

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I don't think Alba is SLE either, though Michelle Rodriguez is. Don't know about the SEI thing for Alba, haven't pinned down a type for her, but SLE seems off.

TIM
    INFp, e5
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    Yeah, I don't think Alba is SLE either, though Michelle Rodriguez is. Don't know about the SEI thing for Alba, haven't pinned down a type for her, but SLE seems off.
    This is where I found Jessica Alba's type: http://www.socionics.com/advan/estpcelebs.html. That's not to say that it's to be taken for granted, but it's been on that site for quite a while now (years).

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I apologize, I was incorrect in my assumption, after viewing a video of Sandra Bernhard, she is SLE type.
    -

TIM
    INFp, e5
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol Best one yet! Two SLEs, opposite sides of the same coin, apparently.
    I apologize in advance if this gives anyone a negative view on SLEs.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol poor Kurt Loder. Courtney Love is awesome.

Creepy-Snaps

Quote Originally Posted by Yukiko
    Quote Originally Posted by poli View Post
    Bahahaha so true!
    Maybe they should watch where they're going next time!

not fully certain of my sociotype
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    ESTp 7w8
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I played basketball several times with ESTps (mid 20s). Most of the time there was an initial 'sizing-up' phase. In all cases but one, we avoided direct physical confrontation with each other. I believe we could sense equal competition and neither of us were attentive in engaging the other in physicality (we all were 6'0"+ so getting hit does hurt occasionally). But it was definitely tense, neither ESTp is willing to submit but prefer not to challenge the other. When we were on the same team, it generally worked well in a silent-like camaraderie.

I've had the most difficulties with ESTjs and ESFps trying to tell me what to do, or intuitives trying to inappropriately flex weak Se. I noticed ESTps are not verbally aggressive/rarely engage in trash talk. I also type Mike Tyson as a ESFp, not ESTp.
    Last edited by Living 2Day; 10-14-2022 at 09:35 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast