Thread: ILE's, what were you like as young children?

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ILE's, what were you like as young children?

I am increasingly starting to think that my son might actually be ILE instead of SLE. Ti-Creative seems quite solid to me (though I could be wrong), but Se vs. Ne for Base is still up in the air. Especially after recently watching some old home videos of myself at his age.

Those of you who type ILE, what were you like as kids? What signs do you think I should look for in my son?
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My child may be ILE--boy age seven. Let me know if you'd like me to PM you some photos or share a little info about him.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder at which approximate age you can actually type someone. I've read that j/p is already easy to recognize in very yound children in their daily routine.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDoomer View Post
    I wonder at which approximate age you can actually type someone. I've read that j/p is already easy to recognize in very yound children in their daily routine.
    Yeah, I'm at least 80% certain my kid is an Ep of some sort. He just turned 4.

Golden-- thanks for the offer. Maybe a brief description would be helpful. Though for now I'm particularly interested in those on these forums who are certain of their ILE typing. I saw some pics of your boy a while back when you posted them for VI
    My life's work (haha):

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pianosinger View Post
    Yeah, I'm at least 80% certain my kid is an Ep of some sort. He just turned 4.

Golden-- thanks for the offer. Maybe a brief description would be helpful. Though for now I'm particularly interested in those on these forums who are certain of their ILE typing. I saw some pics of your boy a while back when you posted them for VI
    Yes, that thread still exists and has a description, so I'll skip it for now. Good luck!

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's my mom's description of me as a child from when we had a thread about mother's descriptions of their children:

(Note: My bold for emphasis of what I remember of my childhood self-image)

Descriptors

Self directed
    Level headed
    Forward thinking
    Open-minded
    Leader
    Influential
    Intense
    Very bright/Intelligent
    Versatile
    Optimistic/sunny
    Creative (? - Depends on the context)
    Gregarious
    Debater for sport
    Assertive
    Bold
    Messy
    Procrastinator/Problems with Followthrough
    Strategic/cunning
    Caring
    Alpha Quadrant qualities

Vero demonstrated special qualities from a young age; feedback from others revolved around her sunny disposition, being very bright and also intense. For the most part she was laid back and content as a child, although, certainly had no issues communicating her objections. She loved to talk about a lot of things. While I was concerned about timidness on her first day of nursery, this was a non-issue as she didn't even lookback to say goodbye. She walked on into the class and explored her surroundings and engaged in play with the others immediately. This first day was a good predictor of future life events. Throughout school, she was considered one of the top students, qualified for advanced learning opportunities, and occasionally tutored, as well as participated in various leadership opportunities/roles. All was well, so long as she was not constricted to hard-nosed, conventional rules *(like forced to write the letter 'O' a specific way when learning cursive writing). She would either argue or find a way to creatively slip out of following the rule if she felt strongly about it. As a young adult in University, she struggled with narrowing options for a major. She's now settled in a direction. Some big issues arising over the last few years is procrastination. Generally though, I think she works about 1/2-2/3 intellectual capacity. When interested and motivated, she is capable of stepping up to the challenge, rising the bar and blowing away her competition. I have no major negatives, although, anyone's qualities taken to the extreme can be considered a negative. Vero is no different. She can be strategically creative/deceptively cunning, and/or, may hold back on something painful. While on the surface, relations are pleasant and innocuous, she may be a step or two ahead with the knowledge of some news that may pull the rug from under you in the future. I've been blind-sided once or twice. Overall, I'm immensely proud of her, and find it an absolute joy to have a daughter who is bright, assertive, level headed and open-minded .

*I remember this specific example from grade 4/5 hahaha
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was typically very quiet, didn't share my thoughts, and still am.

I liked to go off on my own and make up new games, invent things, use my imagination.

Always influenced by a new idea I got from somewhere and wanted to try it out, easily picked up on the potential of those ideas.

Was a troublemaker/goofed off in class, and was pretty weird and detached, though attention-seeking. I liked the idea of exploration and coming up with brand new worlds during recess, and liked when my best friend (still to this day) would join me. I wasn't too conscious of the fact that most people were doing/thinking normal things. All I knew is what I was doing, and it was different.

I knew I could easily solve all the homework and problems in class, but was too bored by it and distracted by more interesting ideas. Always unfocused on schoolwork, would think more about what wasn't going on around me, "what could be," "what I could create" and would get bad marks in school because I'd procrastinate.

When a big creative project came up I would go all out and get the only 100% in class.

Often I would be hyperactive, stay up late, could never go to sleep. Loved staying up late with my friends.

Probably annoyed a lot of people while being unconscious of it, because of my craziness. Pretty much the only time I would talk is when I would annoy people hahaha. Thinking back on it, it makes sense. Some people came up to me and told me what they thought about me straight up. I did have some qualms about my friendships and sometimes had to ask for reassurance from those I wanted to hang out with because I most typically felt out of the loop with everyone.

I really saw creative potential in some certain people I chose to befriend (and whether it was real enough, I felt it was good enough to inspire them.) Some of them would seem really different from me and my lifestyle, upon being invited over to their house to live their lifestyle, yet I found this to be the most interesting.

I had throughout my childhood, and getting better to this day, an immense dislike for reality, ie "the town." The people, the place, the physicality of it all. My best bet was always to escape to a safe haven.

Loved the creative process, never finished anything: might spend a couple hours making up a game, and then never getting around to playing it fully... so the next day I would make up another game because my mind was in a different place, or influenced by something else once again. Loved creating worlds and plots, using my imagination. A big part of my enjoyment was definitely playing these fantasy games out, in backyards or parks. The adventure. Those are my fondest memories.

I don't like my current neighborhood, to dark and dull. My old neighborhood down the street I was very fond of: very pleasant place--somehow it was a place of new imaginative opportunities. Great place to think. I would be inspired by a thought, suddenly a new character riding around on a bike. It was like a lucid dream: every same street would become a new alley, houses would tumble over and form into futuristic buildings, I'd grow armor and muscles, and my pod would race through the sky and I'd find myself continuing onto another mission. There would be highs and lows of creative/theoretical freedom throughout my day depending on if I was alone or in the presence of others.

There were a number of philipino people on my street, and I was very fond of them--their look, language and culture. I had a few good friends I would play my imaginative/made up games with or adventures with. Most of them were many years younger than me. I really wanted to influence kids' imagination who were creative like me, bring in new people for us, whether they be real or imaginative, make a new world come alive. I would just like getting out and exploring the depths and angles of my own perception, being free / an individual, and I was and still am much more of a detached explorer or thinker than a social/reaching-out kind of person.

I didn't and still don't really like adult things that remind me of reality. I tried my hardest to view everything and everyone as distinct and detached, not a part of a "normal world," but my own unusual perception. I still today have this same sense.

I remember fondly all the unique things people did and their unique ideas and remember how I would react, wanting to do the same thing in my own way or participate with them because I saw them as my kind of people. I never did any normal activities, ie. play football, play multiplayer video games others were in on. So not very focused on competition or connection. I was always my own person/leader in my own world.

You could say my view of reality was similar to a lucid dream.

etc.

TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm. Well, I've read through all the above descriptions, as well as Golden's from her previous thread. Thanks everyone

Some things you all described do remind me of my son, other things not so much.

I'm still not sure...gonna have to keep an open mind about it all for a while lnoger, probably until he's in grade school at least.
    My life's work (haha):

TIM
    ENTp or ILE
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was very shy in until I was in the sixth grade. When I was in preschool and there was some kind of art project, my mom recalls how I was always the last one done but it was the best out of all of the other kids. In third grade, I would not get my school work finished in time but I aced the tests. At home, I was silly and fun at times but stubborn and belligerent at other times.

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shy
    Competitive
    Read a lot
    Ask a lot
    Move a lot
    Laugh a lot
    Eat a lot
    Joke a lot
    Not interested in local culture (flamenco) but in The A-Team
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm. Well, I've read through all the above descriptions, as well as Golden's from her previous thread. Thanks everyone

Some things you all described do remind me of my son, other things not so much.

I'm still not sure...gonna have to keep an open mind about it all for a while lnoger, probably until he's in grade school at least.
    Yeah, open mind is good. I do continue to think my son is an Alpha, and NT>SF, but over time we'll see how he develops.

Edit: Did you ever happen to read this description, a child portrait of ILE?

Don Quixote - child portrait, the author - Mr. Ovcharov

Don Quixote - Baby description

Fairy-tale characters - from tales of Alice L. Carroll's Alice in Wonderland ".

Showing an increased curiosity in everything new, unusual, and in various areas. His interests are often chaotic, unstable nature - it is hard for a long time to focus their attention on one lesson. Loves to dream and gather around their peers, engaging them with their stories, often fictional, but serve hot, emotionally and convincingly.

At times, it finds the apathy, and then he loses interest in everything and misses, with a change of scenery, the appearance of new people and things quickly revived and included in the communication or enjoys another matter. Usually he has a lot of familiar guys (or girls), but this was not always worth the permanent and serious relationship, it's the familiar "just for the company, often by chance.
    Make him do something against the wishes of useless, he resists, can fall into aggression and even do the opposite. Easily shared with other children their own stuff and just take from others, absent-mindedly forgetting to give. Do not take offense and not vindictive.

To the creative qualities of the child's sotsiotipy include the following: developed imagination, fantasy, and a tendency to meet the challenges of the logical nature and the ability to find their explanation. Therefore, more often praise him for his resourcefulness and ingenuity. If you want to engage him in some sort of thing when he has been passive, play to his vanity: Say it is beyond him, he did not have enough capacity to implement it, etc., but do it diplomatically, with a sense of humor . The result will exceed expectations.

Encourage your child to a variety of logic puzzles, brain teasers, puzzles. To attach it to a chess or checkers - these games contribute to the development of analytical thinking.

Normal and tolerant is often perceived shift of his interests and hobbies - this is very typical for sotsiotipy Innovator.

Adaptive and therefore more vulnerable qualities Innovator are weak willpower and inability to build proper relationships with others, flexibility in the conflict. Do not put him under pressure, forced to do something against his will, even more so with the help of physical punishment - in response are likely to follow an aggressive response.

Cultivate a child's will power introduction to any particular sport, gradually increasing exercise, accustom regularly do exercises, hardened.

Teach him constantly monitor their appearance and order in things, to be persistent in achieving their goals.

Nurture it courtesy towards others, no inclination to cultivate familiarity and sense of superiority over other children. Develop sensitivity and responsiveness, using the motif of the type: "People trust you and are waiting for your help - try not to lose their respect and trust, do not let them."

Recommendations

Do not cause an gpubogo pressure. It is better to gently ugovapivayte perform tpebovaniya, based PRECIOUS motives, such as: "You can bring people kotopye vepyat you waiting for your help, potepyat kho.posho their respect and attitude." Or, referring to his NATURAL dobpotu, p.posite help the weaker or less capable people, which is free will be able to do something just kho.posho like him. Often praise him for his resourcefulness and activity. If that fails, sygpayte his pride, say that "he can not do it, and that he did not have enough capacity to implement it, but delayte.eto diplomatically, with a sense of yumopa. Potopaplivayte, customize, ugovapivaya do everything vovpemya, padi sohpaneniya avtopiteta and his relationship with one another in kho.posho.
    Last edited by golden; 02-09-2011 at 05:05 PM.

TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, Golden. Where did you find that description? Is there an SLE child portrait, too?
    My life's work (haha):

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, Golden. Where did you find that description? Is there an SLE child portrait, too?
    You can find them here:

http://www.socionic.ru/index.php

Under the pulldown tab "Types," each type has a child description by the same author.

TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    You can find them here:

Under the pulldown tab "Types," each type has a child description by the same author.
    Thank you Already been having fun reading some of the articles (though the poor translations are hard to wade through after a while).
    My life's work (haha):

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    You can find them here:

I feel like you are a surrogate identity for another, older forum member.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    I feel like you are a surrogate identity for another, older forum member.
    Hm. May I take that as a compliment? I always wanted to be more like this:

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

They come up with ideas
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ILE/ENTp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My mother told me I asked her questions about absolutely everything until one day she said "I don't know have the answers."'

But from what I remember as a child, I did random things:
    • I built a satellite dish that capture people's cell phone conversations.
    • Model rockets.
    • LEGO!
    • Video games (NES, SNES, TurboGraphx16, Lynx, Sega)
    • Experimented with "brake systems" on a skateboard at the expense of my childhood friend. I also added tail and front lights to my skateboard after realizing cars had them too.
    • I was seriously trying to build a spaceship; I made airtight O2 tanks by putting a plant there (my thinking was if we inhale O2 and exhale CO2 then that should work together.)
    • I made miniature baseball and soccer field, after architectural work on a movie.

My intellectual stimulation hit tenfold when I got my first computer and in middle school I hung with da' computer club kids.

That's all I can remember for now.