Thread: food your not supposed to eat

Creepy-bg

Default food your not supposed to eat

I find that it's 10x harder not to eat something when I'm told "Don't eat that! I'm saving it for _____."

I've been battling NOT eating some cranberry white chedder and smoked sausage things that my uncle sent us from Wisconsin all week (and failed miserably). atm I'm really trying not to eat some chocolates under the christmas tree that our neighbor gave to us, but about to go get another one.

anyone else have this problem?

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I don't think cats should constitute food.

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean View Post
    I don't think cats should constitute food.
    I wouldn't eat MY cat because I'm emotionally attached to it, but I would eat a neighbors cat or a stray if I had to.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yeah this happens to me a lot. I'm trying to tell myself not to eat too much stuff so that I enjoy Christmas eating more.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guess I'm a freak. I'm rarely inspired to eat something by looking at it, knowing it's around. Instead I'll get an idea in my brain, don't know where it comes from, like "must have cookies, must have cookies."

And it always makes me a little sad to have to eat boxes of chocolate and whatnot, because they're special and sort of perfect and I'm gonna make them go away forever. And it's going to be all messy. So I postpone eating food presents.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have horrible impulse control when it comes to food. XMAS time is the worst cuz all the candy and the cookies and what not. I basically accept i'm going to feel disgusting from dec 20 to jan 2. That's just a given. I try and stop after new years. Usually works.

Creepy-bg

I so want to say something about the hot dogs right now.

Creepy-Korpsey

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat View Post
    I so want to say something about the hot dogs right now.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

my bf gets mad whenever anyone eats the last of anything because its "rude" or something so we end up with a bunch of bags and boxes with just a tiny little bit left until it goes bad. argh, its ridiculous! lol.

i also feel bad eating gifted chocolate boxes. i eat the first one and then look at that empty space like :/ ok its desecrated now.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by laghlagh View Post
    my bf gets mad whenever anyone eats the last of anything because its "rude" or something so we end up with a bunch of bags and boxes with just a tiny little bit left until it goes bad. argh, its ridiculous! lol..
    LOL.

Yeah I don't really have this problem. Usually its other people eating my stuff that makes me mad. It's like, come on, its 2 cents go buy your own stop making me go to the store to feed you.

I'd happily buy stuff for food for my family, I'm not selfish. But if you don't even live here and show up all of a sudden and eat all my stuff I'm going to be mad, because I wasn't prepared for that crap and now I don't have lunch for tomorrow.

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just have a hard time not eating food in general...

I find, though, that I can much more easily exercise constraint when I'm out shopping for the food; so I rarely let myself buy something unhealthy that I know I will be tempted to binge on once it's safely home
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pianosinger View Post
    I just have a hard time not eating food in general...

I find, though, that I can much more easily exercise constraint when I'm out shopping for the food; so I rarely let myself buy something unhealthy that I know I will be tempted to binge on once it's safely home
    SAME!!!!

And if i do, it's the first thing i eat before i start on the healthy food. I broke my own rule this week
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Creepy-male

On food your not supposed to eat: I don't have this problem, usually I'm not too much of a food person (more mental). Occasionally I'll gorge on something for like a week, but then burn out eventually, the more intense I gorge on something, the quicker I burn out.

On eating the last of something: It doesn't bother me, if I am really worried about someone stealing my food, I'll stash it away in my room or hide it in the fridge/freezer. If its out its usually fair game, although it would piss me off if someone was purposefully draining me dry and freeloading in a very hardcore way. But I'm passive aggressive I'd probably just hoard my stuff away, padlock my leftovers or something, and have them come to me.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I eat a little more healthy now, imo baby steps are the key. I don't drink nearly as much soda as I used to. Before I was addicted pretty bad. I've found out cutting down one thing at a time is better than trying to make a grand gesture all at once.

I still eat real chips, desserts, and other fatty foods though.

I'd recommend meditation and some natural exercise moves, and you can still eat what you want. Most people don't have the money or social support like celebrities do to eat a 'perfect diet.' (lol remember when jason mraz was all 'I'M JASON MRAZ I CAN DO WHAT I WANT I'M BETTER THAN YOU ARE BECAUSE I EAT A NATURAL RAW SEAFOOD DIET UNLIKE THOSE DAMN MID-WESTERNERS AND THOSE SNACK CAKES!)

it is kinda fucked up tho that the system charges an arm and a leg for healthy food *rolls eyes* all to make miley cyrus think she's better than you are. I'd encourage everybody to steal everything they can.

I mean it's just gay because natural food comes out of the earth for everybody to enjoy. It's not making distinctions with people and classes like we do. It's just saying 'come eat me, everybody.' then it's gay cuz we put a bigger price tag on what is natural and make cheap chips 99 cents. It's sort of retarded. End money now! fight the system! be a good guy! hehe.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dont understand this entirely. but yeah, i certainly don't feel too bad when i eat chinese. however, eating only pizza in a day will make me really irritable and lazy. it's like 'if i give up on my health, why not just give up on so many other things?' plus you can't eat a bunch of cheap pizza and not feel like total ass, mayeb thats me. also i have a somewhat weak constitution.
    asd

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My SEI brother must have the same problem. If there's something special being saved, and it's not hidden, he eats it. It's a horrible habit. Personally, I like hoarding special food. On computer games, too, which can be a bad thing when I finish the game and realize I still have a stash of special expendable items.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    I eat a little more healthy now, imo baby steps are the key. I don't drink nearly as much soda as I used to. Before I was addicted pretty bad. I've found out cutting down one thing at a time is better than trying to make a grand gesture all at once.

I still eat real chips, desserts, and other fatty foods though.

I'd recommend meditation and some natural exercise moves, and you can still eat what you want. Most people don't have the money or social support like celebrities do to eat a 'perfect diet.' (lol remember when jason mraz was all 'I'M JASON MRAZ I CAN DO WHAT I WANT I'M BETTER THAN YOU ARE BECAUSE I EAT A NATURAL RAW SEAFOOD DIET UNLIKE THOSE DAMN MID-WESTERNERS AND THOSE SNACK CAKES!)

it is kinda fucked up tho that the system charges an arm and a leg for healthy food *rolls eyes* all to make miley cyrus think she's better than you are. I'd encourage everybody to steal everything they can.

I mean it's just gay because natural food comes out of the earth for everybody to enjoy. It's not making distinctions with people and classes like we do. It's just saying 'come eat me, everybody.' then it's gay cuz we put a bigger price tag on what is natural and make cheap chips 99 cents. It's sort of retarded. End money now! fight the system! be a good guy! hehe.
    Lol your not paying for the food, your paying for the logistics to get the food from nature to your mouth in a convenient ready to eat form. As a kid I used to go walk around in the greenbelt at the border of the neighborhood I lived in, I remember I found some green onions out in the middle of nowhere, I picked them, cleaned them and ate them.... big whoop. The government didn't stop me, nor would they have really cared if I told them I did it.

Also the problem with all this new-agey diet crap and fast food craze is also a logistics problem. Fast food isn't made for nutrition, its made for quick satisfaction, and the newage diet crap is just a stupid reaction against all these. Learning to cook and exercise regularly is all you really need to do to off-set the obesity epidemic. And start extremely simple.... just walk (most americans don't even do this), preferably outside and not in some spandex bullshit at some ultra modern gym, and then start cooking with the basics.... fish + tomato sauce, steak + carrots/potatoes, chicken and so forth.... pick a main dish and two sides, figure out what foods sustain you and which ones are just empty calories, which ones you like, etc....

Also fuck that miley cyrus shit, the guy who trained miley cyrus probably mastered nutrition through walking the same path I just laid out.... he probably learned how to cook, what foods are empty calories and which food sustain him.... probably learned to use his bodies energy efficiently etc.....

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    It's because we always naturally want what we can't have. It's simply human nature.
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    I have horrible impulse control when it comes to food. XMAS time is the worst cuz all the candy and the cookies and what not. I basically accept i'm going to feel disgusting from dec 20 to jan 2. That's just a given. I try and stop after new years. Usually works.
    I have a hard time with this too. I've learned to keep my sweets consumption under some degree of control but I could do better. Over the last couple of days, several people were bringing leftover holiday treats into work and there were like 10 different kinds of treats. I limited myself to one piece of chocolate and that only. I've already gained a few pounds in the last couple of weeks and I can't stand to gain any more. I wish I was one of those people that didn't like to eat sweets.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP