Thread: recent developments

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default recent developments...

ahem, this is probably going to sound sort of weird to some of you but after some recent developments i have discovered my "real" type. turns out i'm not SLE after all but IEI. of course, i might be totally off the mark here but i really can't believe i could be SLE now. i've always thought there was something off about this typing. it's not so bad though, i mean, i'm still beta.

tell me what you think. is this even remotely possible? could it be that i've been compensating my dual-seeking by acting like my dual? i've found that this could also explain my inability to see other INFp's. it might be that i just didn't want to look at myself? i dunno. in any case, this small discovery (though it may be wrong) has seriously taken a whole lotta weight off my shoulders. i'm absolutely certain i'm IEI now.
    IEI - the nasty kind...

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

probably wrong.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

probably a joke?

I personally used to think SEE>SLE, but I haven't seen much of you since our little spat about Saddam's execution.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eh? Are you capable of posting a video of yourself explaining how you're IEI with a straight face?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mustachio View Post
    turns out i'm not SLE after all but IEI. of course, i might be totally off the mark here but i really can't believe i could be SLE now. i've always thought there was something off about this typing. it's not so bad though, i mean, i'm still beta.
    It's really, really bad to tell you the truth. One of the main reasons so many people on this forum are wrong about their own type and the types in general is that they have got this ridiculous idea that it is a good idea to start with figuring out to which quadra you belong. That is a very misleading and bad typing method, and you should start from scratch instead.

tell me what you think. is this even remotely possible?
    No, it isn't -- unless you are insane or so totally lost that you have got it all wrong in the first place. In that case you should not believe anything you happen to think about yourself or Socionics in general. But maybe that can be interpreted as an indication that you might be an INFp who is totally unable to connect the dots ...

i'm absolutely certain i'm IEI now.
    What an utterly stupid remark. If you could believe that you were an SLE before, and now believe that you are an IEI, you understand absolutely nothing of Socionics.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Phaedrus

Go find people who care

Nobody likes you or thinks you're smart or special

You're just a fat retard

Kill yourself

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Hey Phaedrus

Go find people who care

Nobody likes you or thinks you're smart or special

You're just a fat retard

Kill yourself
    I don't care what you or anyone else think of me. I just tell you the truth. If you are not willing to listen and learn, that's your problem.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Learn from you, that's a good one...

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mustachio you'll have to lay out some evidence in convince people here of being IEI. your style has been pretty clearly SLE on the forum. but i spose sometimes people could come across as more forceful in writing than they would IRL.

three things come to mind: first, that infp man flares his Se on a regular basis....but still i would never mistake him for an SLE since he's quite relaxed IP style.

second, you and i had a conversation about religion/spirituality which i was surprised to see from an SLE but really you were more asking questions than making statements. this might point to IEI but honestly i'm really not sure. even your questions were based on er questionable ethics? to put it nicely....lol

third, you say you are in the music industry..are you on the creative or business side? business i'd think would point a little bit more toward SLE.

but anyway yeah, you've got to give some evidence.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mustachio, I'd really suggest reading into SEE a bit.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well... i'm not going to post a video of myself. that's kinda weird and embarrasing. i don't think i'm SEE at all. i'm in film production if that helps in any way. who's Phaedris? never heard of him...

i really hate doing this. starting a thread about my type again like i'm dee's clone or something. i just recently noticed that my ethics were a bit too developped for an SLE. i sometimes don't give a damn about other people but i must almost train myself to do so. plus, according to Reinin's erotic attitudes i'm definitely a victim. that at least has always been clear to me. there's not much evidence i can give you over the internet. but i assure you that i'm not kidding this time.

you might say this is silly but i met someone recently. she is SLE. it surprised me that she pretty much dominates our interactions, telling me she's going to rape me and i not being able to muster much of a resistance. the weird thing is that i totally enjoy it without showing it to her. i feel almost girly around her. and i'm probably one of the most masculine guys around.

on a side note, unlike most SLE's, i'm easily able to see different versions of an issue. picking a stance is therefore sort of hard. the best i can do is playing devil's advocate where i can see the flaws in each version but decide to pick to defend the one that will shock the most individuals.

and then, there's the whole subject of time. when i went back to university, i counted the years it would take me to finish. i didn't want to spend my entire twenties wasting on a chair. i can easily see the possible consequences that my actions might have on future events or people over time. of course, i can also see how i have changed gradually. the discovery of my true typing is just a new transformation that i've recently undergone.

the only thing that cold force me to act unethically is if i feel like i'm in my right. it's like this girl i know that ratted out on my circle of friends at work. it seems ethical to me to be extra mean to her whenever i get the chance.

i'll get back to you when i think of something else.
    IEI - the nasty kind...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

shut up or i'll rape you

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    shut up or i'll rape you
    sorry but i'm not gay. guess you'll have to find somewhere else to squirt that bottle.
    IEI - the nasty kind...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

who's Phaedris? never heard of him...
    Neither have I ... but more than once I have seen glimpses of him ... lurking in the shadows ... in the most hideous places ... that's the only thing I can recall from my worst nigthmares ... Brr! A shiver just ran down my back ... Who knows what that creature is capable of ...

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

could it be that i've been compensating my dual-seeking by acting like my dual?
    I think it's possible, but in my understanding it would make you appear fake and/or annoying.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ifmd95 View Post
    more than one gamma SF on the board has identified with the "victim" thing. i'm not saying you're gamma SF but i am saying maybe these stereotypes don't apply to Se/Ni very well.

i may be Ni-ego and i do identify with Gulenko's point about Ni types being unsure of mutual attraction. but that could just as well be lousy Fe on my part.

so i'd type yourself by other criteria before giving too much thought to that department.
    i'm not basing my re-typing solely on my being a victim. it's only a small part of what has caused me to rethink my type. and i don't consider it to be a stereotype.
    IEI - the nasty kind...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    I think it's possible, but in my understanding it would make you appear fake and/or annoying.
    perhaps.
    surely, i've been annoying to certain users. i would have to have been a saint not to have gotten on somebody's nerves. and even then, some people hate saints.

but i couldn't possibly have been fake seeing as i wasn't purposely trying to mislead anyone. in my mind, being fake would mean that i was posing as somebody i am not. and i never said a lie about myself on this forum. i might not have meant some of the things i said but it wasn't in order to seem more or less SLE. i reallly did believe i was SLE. it figures now that i might have been wrong all along. nevertheless, i might have exaggerated certain aspects of my personality on quite a few occasions.
    IEI - the nasty kind...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I had wondered if you were SEE in that thread about internet bullying when you seemed so sympathetic to people. But then I had thought maybe it was a manifestation of Fe dual-seeking. I then thought you could be Beta NF, but then I didn't think so... And it also occurred to me that there is nothing to say that an SLE can't be sympathetic... I mean sympathy is a human thing, and most of us have it.

That does sound like Fe. But, conversely, it's possible to be an ethical type and not care about people, yes? Ethical types don't necessarily have good "ethics" (in the sense of being moral or ethically sound). What Fe types do have is a keen awareness of the emotional atmosphere around them. They generally know how others are feeling, and generally know how to change the emotional mood. They're not likely to be terribly surprised by someone else's feelings on something as they will have already known. I have noticed with myself, I'm not very good at telling if people like me or dislike me and have some weird issues there... but in the realm of emotion itself (feelings, the atmosphere of it) I know what's going on and feel completely confident with my perception. So are you confident and clear on an Fe perception?

I generally can't ignore Fe input from other people (or can only do so up to a certain point)... it is very unlikely that I'm capable of being merciless for instance. But then there are characters like Iago in Othello (granted he's fictional, and I could be wrong about him), but Iago seemed to be very good at reading the emotional atmosphere... and it didn't stop him from being merciless... So whether you're kind or cruel with your Fe has nothing to do with whether or not you're an ethical type. ****** is another wonderful example of a grossly unethical ethical type.

I think if you care about people (and anyone can) and you have Fe or Fi in the id block, that you would try to "do right" by that form of ethics, because you value it and care about it.

I wonder if some of that's Ti... Ti can go over different arguments, analyze them, find their flaws... Some people seem to think that seeing different sides of things easily means strong Ne. Perhaps it does, but is it the only thing that it might mean? Hmm. I just don't know. Not knowing where you stand could be weak Se though.

Could be Ni. But I don't know. It gets iffy sometimes with this stuff, because can't we all see the consequences of our actions in our minds regardless of type.

For some reason I associate that kind of thing with Se.

Anyway, I was just musing. I can be swayed that you're IEI. Right now I'm not sure what you are.
    yeah, i might have to think this through a bit further. but the more i ponder the more i'm certain of my new type. or rather, true type.
    IEI - the nasty kind...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mustachio if you were actually INFp some the posts in this thread would have Te-PoLR'd you back to late Jurassic era, which obviously didn't happen as there was no pcs or internet in late Jurassic era that you could use to reply to this thread.

That being said I think I can kinda see what you're getting at. Like sometimes when I'm forced to deal with others incompetence in life I get so frustrated that I'll play the role of my dual (ESTp) for a short amount of time (obviously much poorer than an actual ESTp). This reaction is never natural and always forced
    INFp-Ni

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find this revelation quite interesting.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    I find this revelation quite interesting.
    what are you getting at?
    IEI - the nasty kind...