Thread: Enneagram type 9: all things Nine

Banned
    TIM
    INFP 9w8 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is 2018 and people have to realize that 9w8s exist. I'm tired of 9w8s constantly having their 9ness questioned because we tend to be badasses with some outbursts. The 9 stereotype is the so 9w1 which i'm not even sure is the average 9 in general.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cookie123 View Post
    Beyonce is a 3w2 but this song is about a 9 integrating into 3

She is nowhere near a 3 her motivation is about keeping the peace at all times, she's just a 9 that's been in a very supportive family and that has boosted her along with Jay-Z supporting her too. 9w1 probably but 9w8 is possible sp/sx for sure. I can't even see Beyonce having a 3 fix even. Just watch an interview of her it's pretty clear she's not really image conscious she couldn't care less on what people thought of her.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by malignantwench View Post
    It is 2018 and people have to realize that 9w8s exist. I'm tired of 9w8s constantly having their 9ness questioned because we tend to be badasses with some outbursts. The 9 stereotype is the so 9w1 which i'm not even sure is the average 9 in general.
    I think the descriptions on 9 are total nonsense aswell and with the way people look at the 9 description they are completely ignoring the wings. 9s usually have either 1 or 8 with them so the 1 and 8 is going to influence the 9 massively, if anything 9s might be one of the types to stand up to adversity the most depending on how strong the wing is, now yes 9s are very conflict avoidant and it is very difficult for them on a day to day basis but with a well developed wing I think the problems can be overcome.

Banned
    TIM
    INFP 9w8 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheUltimateDJ391 View Post
    I think the descriptions on 9 are total nonsense aswell and with the way people look at the 9 description they are completely ignoring the wings. 9s usually have either 1 or 8 with them so the 1 and 8 is going to influence the 9 massively, if anything 9s might be one of the types to stand up to adversity the most depending on how strong the wing is, now yes 9s are very conflict avoidant and it is very difficult for them on a day to day basis but with a well developed wing I think the problems can be overcome.
    Story of my life, dude. I literally had a venomous hag just tell me that i'm not a 9 because I assert myself a lot here. It is because no one else is telling the truth about the types since there are no actual 8s here.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Story of my life, dude. I literally had a venomous hag just tell me that i'm not a 9 because I assert myself a lot here. It is because no one else is telling the truth about the types since there are no actual 8s here.
    Most 9s are usually assertive or aware of their boundaries(8 wing probably more likely to be assertive) I think especially sp/sx ones are assertive. One blind spot for 9s could be that when the possibility of conflict arises then possibly the assertiveness is reduced.

Banned
    TIM
    INFP 9w8 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheUltimateDJ391 View Post
    Most 9s are usually assertive or aware of their boundaries.
    Really? I have never heard the concept of 9w1's being assertive before but they definitely aren't compliant like most people seem to think.

I think especially sp/sx ones are assertive
    9's as a whole are stereotyped as so first 9w1s.

One blind spot for 9s could be that when the possibility of conflict arises then possibly the assertiveness is reduced

Well, yes. I literally told her that despite her belief - I don't want conflict. I was agitated by a couple of members for some time and apparently me rightfully confronting them is making her stupid ass doubt my type. This is something that I have to deal with on a daily basis, i'm sick of it. 9w1s and non-9s constantly questioning my core type when I know enneagram inside out. I relate to everything about 9s except the spineless hippie stereotype.

Banned
    TIM
    INFP 9w8 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beyonce is an SX 3. SX type threes crave being desired, their image is one that tries to amplify their attractiveness and desirability. Beyonce constantly references her physical appearance in her music. Sexual 3's are also softer and I think she probably has nine in her tritype. But everything about her is so carefully constructed, from her interviews (which she rarely does) to her album Lemonade (deciding to control the narrative on her marriage breaking down), to managing her music (her deciding to take control of her music after being managed by her Father for years). She is incredibly hardworking, more so than any nine that I've ever known. I can't imagine a type 9 having 11 hour rehearsals for Coachella a year after giving birth or performing on stage whilst pregnant with twins. Even her performances scream 3, she is such a natural entertainer. Theirs a reason why Beyonce is the most famous member of Destiny's child.

I have to agree. Beyoncé is a 3 with a strong link to 9 and marrying Jay Z probably caused it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

The stereotype would be the neutral position. 1 and 9 are opposite the most. And it is doubtful to underesteemate the "badassness" of E1s.

Seems I communicated with ESI 9w8 sx.

Banned
    TIM
    INFP 9w8 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 and 9 are opposite the most.
    3s and 9s are the opposite. A 9 could possess a 1 wing and a strong one at that.

And it is doubtful to underesteemate the "badassness" of E1s.
    1's may be badass but 9w1s are mostly pathetic. I'm sick of them being so spineless because i'm constantly having my 9ness questioned because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post

Seems I communicated with ESI 9w8 sx.
    I don't care about Socionics, so don't randomly try to type me.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

1's may be badass but 9w1s are mostly pathetic. I'm sick of them being so spineless because i'm constantly having my 9ness questioned because of it.
    Don't you think you might be mistyped? You say yourself type "is not about traits or behavior but about motivation", then you argue that 9w1s posses certain traits that delineate them from 9w8s, and that this is why people don't agree with your self-typing.

So which one is it? Traits and behavior correlate to motivation, except when it comes to defending a self-typing that is clearly trying to fit a square peg into a circular hole? So they correlate to motivation it seems, when you want them to, and don't, when it suits you.

The reason I "goaded" you as you put it, and am doing so again, is because you come off really defensive, hostile, antagonistic and immature. I know you're not targeting me, but it's toxic. I'm tired of this, I wish you'd stop taking this so damn seriously, it's just a theory, not settled science.

You claim to have "vast knowledge" of the enneagram and yet get really defensive whenever anyone even so much as suggests you might be wrong in your self-typing. If you were so confident, you'd more likely brush it off. And no, this is not because I am an "ignorant moron", the contents of your arguments may be true, or not, but you don't act like anyone debating you is your equal unless they totally agree with you and this is really disturbing.

If there are more than three assholes in your life, you are most likely the problem.

Banned
    TIM
    INFP 9w8 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Avebury View Post
    Don't you think you might be mistyped? You say yourself type "is not about traits or behavior but about motivation", then you argue that 9w1s posses certain traits that delineate them from 9w8s, and that this is why people don't agree with your self-typing.
    People only disagree with it when i'm pissed off. I don't think I am mistyped because I know enneagram as a whole. I literally made a thread on what enneagram is actually about.
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...s-of-the-types

The reason I "goaded" you as you put it
    It was goading because you made several accusations that weren't true about me.

You claim to have "vast knowledge" of the enneagram and yet get really defensive whenever anyone even so much as suggests you might be wrong in your self-typing.
    I am defensive because i'm tired of it. It makes zero sense to judge people based on behaviour or traits because people have gone through different journeys.

If you were so confident, you'd more likely brush it off.
    I am confident. I'm not going to brush it off when i'm constantly surrounded by people that find it intimidating when someone knows so much about enneagram. If they aren't calling me a mistype for having conviction then they are coming out with it doesn't really matter at all because it's a theory like you. I don't care if you think it's a theory, it is something that has changed my life and many others. People only talk down about enneagram because it is hard for them to get which you have proven.
    Last edited by malignantwench; 09-23-2018 at 11:55 AM.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@malignantwench

I don't care if you think it's a theory, it is something that has changed my life and many others. People only talk down about enneagram because it is hard for them to get which you have proven.
    Ok, I get that and I hear you, but I think you missed my point (though to be fair I may not have communicated it effectively). My remark about enneagram not being settled science means we have no facts to go by, it is all experience. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I'm not saying enneagram is useless either, but when you discuss whether something is true or not, it is question of the map vs the territory. If you take the map to be the territory, you will most likely end up dogmatic and intolerant. Your answer here proves to me you able to do better than that. The map tries to be as accurate as the territory, but is not the territory.

The problem with enneagram and with typology in general is the problem of methods, by what method do we identify types? Different schools of enneagram reach different results because of different methods, also because the gap between experience and the theory needs to be bridged by some conceptual means which not everyone will agree on, if that last part makes sense. That's why there are different schools, because not everyone agrees to the same methods for diagnosing type, even if they have the same theory as basis.

Banned
    TIM
    INFP 9w8 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Avebury, i'm not trying to be an antagonist, all I want to do is help others figure out their type. I simply informed you that I was tired of non-9s stereotyping 9s and then you came back with ''what makes you think you know enneagram more than us''. It was a salty response and you denied that but then you came back with a short novel of how much you didn't like my energy.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

THIS LINK has really good descriptions of the 9w8 imo. It shows the ocassional bursts of anger and aggression, while not being an overly aggressive or hostile type of person. It shows them as placid, agreeable people in general, with a harder edge, and with an enduring and competitive side. Their temper is rare, and flares up in brief bursts, with the 8 wing showing up most in their general stubbornness and defensiveness. The healthy 9w8 is described (imo quite accurately) as "powerful and gentle" "seeking peace and power", comforting, good-natured and independent. All the information in that link is good and informative imo.

Banned
    TIM
    INFP 9w8 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    THIS LINK has really good descriptions of the 9w8 imo. It shows the occasional bursts of anger and aggression, while not being an overly aggressive or hostile type of person. It shows them as placid, agreeable people in general, with a harder edge, and with an enduring and competitive side. Their temper is rare, and flares up in brief bursts, with the 8 wing showing up most in their general stubbornness and defensiveness. The healthy 9w8 is described (imo quite accurately) as "powerful and gentle" "seeking peace and power", comforting, good-natured and independent. All the information in that link is good and informative imo.
    Yes, occasional because they aren't being constantly goaded. Every post that you make is not taking into consideration the annoyance that you lot have put me under.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

3s and 9s are the opposite
    E1 is concentrated on the world's improvement
    E9 on the adaptation to the world as is

I see this as the direct opposing between the essence of these types. Also as the basis for a complementation and self improvement between them. For person's correction through the suppression of redundant types' expression, the suppression by the opposite.
    My current view mb not a common one. Though I may accept the views on E-types from other points too.

> 1's may be badass but 9w1s are mostly pathetic

In my perception all E9 inspire some sorrow, including 9w8. They often look sad and childish, give the wish to care or help them. Some assertiveness of 9w8 looks as the result of their inner tenderness, which leads them to easily feel the pain. And such they develop to be (by the dissociation from themselves) and partly only to look as more rough to protect that inner tender self, it's like to wear a mask for yourself and for others.

> I don't care about Socionics, so don't randomly try to type me.

I've said there not about you.
    Also as Socionics types and Enneagram may to have the correlations and Socionics is the forum's theme, your assertion and demand are inappropriate and will be ignored. Your types are interesting and there are no good reasons to trust to your opinion about them. To have the assured opinion about your types needs more data about you still. At least, you've given the initial arguments to doubt in your E9 and N types already - too aggressive for E9, too touchy to other opinions about your traits and do not understand good the contexts - mb due to weak Ne. Some plain in the language for IEI, too active and assertive for them. At now, you more remind Se type than IEI.
    I recommend you to make a typing theme with your video to mb correctly understand your Socionics type.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

E1 is concentrated on the world's improvement
    E9 on the adaptation to the world as is

I see this as the direct opposing between the essence of these types.
    I agree with this, and think it makes a good distinction between the types as I see them too.

Banned
    TIM
    INFP 9w8 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

your assertion and demand are inappropriate and will be ignored. Your types are interesting and there are no good reasons to trust to your opinion about them. To have the assured opinion about your types needs more data about you still. At least, you've given the initial arguments to doubt in your E9 and N types already - too aggressive for E9, too touchy to other opinions about your traits and do not understand good the contexts - mb due to weak Ne. Some plain in the language for IEI, too active and assertive for them. At now, you more remind Se type than IEI.
    I recommend you to make a typing theme with your video to mb correctly understand your Socionics type.
    Shut up, fool.

Banned
    TIM
    INFP 9w8 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reyne View Post
    Forum rule 1.4: Personal attacks, bullying, harassment, threats: Please refrain from doing this,
    You conveniently didn't notice this ''you come off really defensive, hostile, antagonistic and immature.'' from Avebury to me.

instead of calling someone stupid, tell them why you think they're wrong. Not everyone will be able to figure out everything immediately, it's ok for people to hold on to their personal beliefs, even if you believe them to be wrong.
    I have explained several times that enneagram isn't based on behaviour or traits but they don't listen.

Calm down.
    I'll be calm when they leave me the heck alone.
    Last edited by malignantwench; 09-23-2018 at 08:00 PM.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reyne View Post
    Ok. I think you're in some vortex of negative emotions towards the forum members. It's ok. It can happen. I just recommend you to calm down and realise nobody's got anything personal against you. I'm not saying you're wrong, and I don't actually care. Just enjoy your time in here and don't get bothered so much by people that have different opinions.
    ^

Banned
    TIM
    INFP 9w8 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok. I think you're in some vortex of negative emotions towards the forum members. It's ok. It can happen.
    No, i'm not. I let it go but they won't leave me alone. Why is what Avebury said to me fine but I get the third degree when he has said much worse.

Banned
    TIM
    INFP 9w8 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Avebury View Post
    I didn't wish to reply to you any further but you keep bringing me up so I spoke in my own defense.
    I'm bringing you up with good reason. Of course, you speak in your own defense as always. I have tried to bury the hatchet but you don't want to. I have told him that I have tried asking you to dm me because this constant arguing is exhausting but you didn't want to know.

I think you're just distorting my words here and those of others,
    I'm not distorting anything. What you said is posted above.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

malignantwench reminds me of me

fighting with squark is like a rite of passage, im 99% sure shes LSI and we're EIE. its okay, in the long run it should work itself out. there's like a weird attraction (not physical but Ti/Fe) and its not conflict, its just feisty betas

my advice is to give up on enneagram because its garbage and focus on learning gulenko's system because its very cohesive and workable

this took me over a year to figure out, so I don't expect instant compliance or anything

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beyonce is an SX 3. SX type threes crave being desired, their image is one that tries to amplify their attractiveness and desirability. Beyonce constantly references her physical appearance in her music. Sexual 3's are also softer and I think she probably has nine in her tritype. But everything about her is so carefully constructed, from her interviews (which she rarely does) to her album Lemonade (deciding to control the narrative on her marriage breaking down), to managing her music (her deciding to take control of her music after being managed by her Father for years). She is incredibly hardworking, more so than any nine that I've ever known. I can't imagine a type 9 having 11 hour rehearsals for Coachella a year after giving birth or performing on stage whilst pregnant with twins. Even her performances scream 3, she is such a natural entertainer. Theirs a reason why Beyonce is the most famous member of Destiny's child.

I still disagree but I appreciate your insight on her type
    I think you are underrestimating how hard working any human can be and she is under pressure obviously
    I disagree because she has just grown in confidence and performing is becoming a comfort zone for her so that's why she is such a natural entertainer at it. Still she doesn't fit the sx 3 temperament or 3 in general. She is just raised in a very supportive family and thrives on pressure. I can see a lot of 9s being like that actually the coachella part.
    Whilst everything about her is carefully constructed, I attribute that to her being very passionate about her career which can apply to any type. I just don't see her being a 3 at all, she is very behind the scenes and whilst she is in the limelight(temporarily) in a big way, it's really to make as much money as possible and not about her image, money is part of her survival which she is aware of and I attribute that to exactly why she is an sp, an sp 9 imo.

"type 9 having 11 hour rehearsals for Coachella a year after giving birth or performing on stage whilst pregnant with twins" - Pressure trust me, she wants to please everybody and she knows if she lets someone down she will be confronted about it, no other reasoning behind it for her. She also cares about her career definitely and knows its a big event for her, Coachella is huge for any musician.

9w8 is a possibility also but i'm going with 9w1 for now.

Banned
    TIM
    INFP 9w8 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A song about a low-level 9.

Banned
    TIM
    INFP 9w8 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A song about an integrated 9.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Banned
    TIM
    INFP 9w8 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    Or doing a bunch of things that i'm not meant to be doing, to avoid what I should be doing.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Banned
    TIM
    INFP 9w8 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Diana was a 6w7 ISFP not a 9.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Diana was a 6w7 ISFP not a 9.
    mb INFJ

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

9w8 so/sx - Jared Taylor

9w8 so/sx? (LSI?) - Bryan Melvin

9w8 sp/sx the "ascetic" strong SP subtype - Les Carton

9w1 - Lisa A. Romano
    Last edited by silke; 01-01-2019 at 10:05 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

reminds one cute and not easy girl

another pirozhok alike E9w8 sx

at [1:16:36]

hm... another pie looking one for today (7 Nov). this one even also has yellow eyes
    Last edited by Sol; 11-07-2018 at 10:44 PM.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

e9 + Ti

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Last edited by Sol; 01-28-2019 at 02:55 AM.

TIM
    LSI
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast