Thread: a brief message

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default a brief message

quasi-identicals and contraries are not similar types to each other.

they are extremely different in quadra values and rarely resemble each other except in the most superficial of behaviors.

if you are stuck between two quasi-identicals or two contraries for a person's type, then you are probably doing something wrong.

apparently some people need to hear this.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    yawn
    It's a point worth making anyway.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by Wynch; 08-05-2008 at 01:53 AM.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

patronizing

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    sure, but I don't think that you're necessarily doing something "wrong" if you come up with a typing such as INFx. it shows that you are seeing NF club (confidence in ) and introversion, for example. I don't think this is totally unreasonable sometimes, especially when it can already be tough typing people over the net whom you've never met in real life.
    i suppose what i was trying to communicate is that i've seen zero situations in which it has been merited, as far as i can think of.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    I'll post my opinions on things you say whenever I'd like. You may respond or not respond to me whenever you'd like. If you do respond, I may respond or not respond to you whenever I'd like. You may also post your opinions on things I say whenever you'd like, and I may respond or not respond to you whenever I'd like. You may respond or not respond to my response whenever you'd like. See how it works?

(This is quoted from something I once said. It isn't a perfect fit to this situation, but the idea is the same. Just take out "on things you say" and "on things I say".)
    basically, i have a right to have a big mouth and i have a right to not know what the fuck i am talking about. i also have a right to throw shit on your face. you have the right to throw bullshit back at my face, but you cannot complain about me throwing shit in your face because right now we are in the "shit zone". If you do not wish to have shit in your face then leave the shit zone. this is the shit zone because i just named it the shitzone. see how it works?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol @ niffweed who can't even type hoodrat / phaedrus in the right quadra

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    INFps are so cute when they're hostile.
    That seems a bit unfair to the number of rational INFps who are on this board.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For those of you that responded to my response to niffweed, it was directed personally at niffweed and is something we're dealing with privately in PM. I would appreciate it if you could remove my quotes, please
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17 View Post
    quasi-identicals and contraries are not similar types to each other.

they are extremely different in quadra values and rarely resemble each other except in the most superficial of behaviors.

if you are stuck between two quasi-identicals or two contraries for a person's type, then you are probably doing something wrong.

apparently some people need to hear this.
    Niffweed I disagree. Aushra herself noted that on the surface quasi-identicals can be easily confused. Quasi-identicals can resemble each other until you get to know them personally. Some types, i.e. IEIs and EIIs are difficult to get to know personally, hence are more likely to be mixed up. For you to generalize that quasi-identicals, regardless of which pair, should never be mixed up is an over generalization.
    INFp-Ni

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by misutii View Post
    Niffweed I disagree. Aushra herself noted that on the surface quasi-identicals can be easily confused. Quasi-identicals can resemble each other until you get to know them personally. Some types, i.e. IEIs and EIIs are difficult to get to know personally, hence are more likely to be mixed up. For you to generalize that quasi-identicals, regardless of which pair, should never be mixed up is an over generalization.
    i think this is highly based in theory and hardly based in socionics observation.

its a generalization, but my experience leads me to believe that its basically an appropriate one.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I disagree. Take Expat for example, he thought he was INTj for a while. Or take Rocky, people's opinions have been thorn between ISTp and ISTj. Or take Juju, Sirena, jewels, and Angel Alliterator as NF examples. Or take Clint Eastwood as a celebrity typing example. I am sure I could think of others...
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember you having great confusion on whether or not you were Ti or Te valuing in the past. I'm just sayin'....
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    I disagree. Take Expat for example, he thought he was INTj for a while. Or take Rocky, people's opinions have been thorn between ISTp and ISTj. Or take Juju, Sirena, jewels, and Angel Alliterator as NF examples. Or take Clint Eastwood as a celebrity typing example. I am sure I could think of others...
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticSonic View Post
    I remember you having great confusion on whether or not you were Ti or Te valuing in the past. I'm just sayin'....
    all of these are examples of inexperience or general idiocy (including on the part of myself, with regard to one of these typings) and are not based on very sound socionics arguments.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your initial message is almost pointless. You could generate hundreds of the like. Mental masturbation? No, that's a weak term.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.