Thread: Vote on my type

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Vote on my type

Hakuna Matata

Creepy-Cyclops

How do you feel about rules in for instance the workplace? Do you think rules and procedures are a good thing or do you feel that they stifle creativity and innovation?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    How do you feel about rules in for instance the workplace? Do you think rules and procedures are a good thing or do you feel that they stifle creativity and innovation?
    I think a mixture of rules and creativity are both highly important in a workplace. Creativity to improve and make better, rules or i would call them morals to follow e.g. do not steal, and have a good work ethic, but having fun is quite important too. (In most situation i personally don't like rules, however for things to function, sometimes rules are needed).
    Hakuna Matata

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by sarahcoles View Post
    I think a mixture of rules and creativity are both highly important in a workplace. Creativity to improve and make better, rules or i would call them morals to follow e.g. do not steal, and have a good work ethic, but having fun is quite important too. (In most situation i personally don't like rules, however for things to function, sometimes rules are needed).
    Ah OK, although it's a bit of a generalisation, I tend to find that J types thrive with rules and procedures and P types tend to find them more so stifling.

Anyway, this link sort of mentions it, some people may disagree with it, and to certain degree they're right. I'm not so sure about the VI part, but it's interesting to see the 4 main dichotomies being used to type someone - quite successfully imo on this one:

Career checkups (Part 2)

My own thoughts based on what you said is that too many rules and procedures sort of not your preferred way of working. Anyway i'm not going to say it's conclusive on your type, but you already know my opinion on your type, but seems that there are still some people who think you are ESE (but last I checked other thread are starting to doubt themselves...)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah OK, although it's a bit of a generalisation, I tend to find that J types thrive with rules and procedures and P types tend to find them more so stifling.

Anyway, this link sort of mentions it, some people may disagree with it, and to certain degree they're right. I'm not so sure about the VI part, but it's interesting to see the 4 main dichotomies being used to type someone - quite successfully imo on this one:

Career checkups (Part 2)

My own thoughts based on what you said is that too many rules and procedures sort of not your preferred way of working. Anyway i'm not going to say it's conclusive on your type, but you already know my opinion on your type, but seems that there are still some people who think you are ESE (but last I checked other thread are starting to doubt themselves...)
    I think perhaps by this generalisation, i am a p, I don't enjoy being bound by rules and obligations, it tires me
    Yes they are starting to doubt, i never thought i was ESE, i believe im intuitive, so would they i think if they met me in real life. but hey, i might be wrong
    Hakuna Matata

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You actually seem normal, healthy and well-adjusted.

RUN FAR AWAY FROM HERE!

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I think perhaps by this generalisation, i am a p, I don't enjoy being bound by rules and obligations, it tires me
    Yes they are starting to doubt, i never thought i was ESE, i believe im intuitive, so would they i think if they met me in real life. but hey, i might be wrong
    Why do you think you are intuitive?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You mostly resemble an INFJ. Or in socionics language: EII 'The humanist'.

I'm quite confident about this, cause I remember seeing a video of you on youtube which gave a good impression.
    Last edited by Jarno; 03-16-2010 at 04:30 PM.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    You mostly resemble an INFJ. Or in socionics language: EII 'The humanist'.

I'm quite confident about this, cause I remember seeing a video of you on youtube which gave a good impression.
    Can I ask why? You are the only person I think, to think I am, perhaps a n explanation may be helpful as to why?

It's one of my lesser possibilities (maybe 3rd or 4th) but still a possibility.
    Hakuna Matata

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can I ask why? You are the only person I think, to think I am, perhaps a n explanation may be helpful as to why?

It's one of my lesser possibilities (maybe 3rd or 4th) but still a possibility.
    Well you are soft spoken, no ENFJ is softspoken. They are energetic, dominant and sometimes dramatic.
    I can understand that people would think ESE, but as you said yourself you got a strong feeling of being intuitive, so I don't think ESE would work.
    ENFp women show more energy, you seem an energy saver instead of spiller.
    I know how INFP's react and respond, you don't seem to follow their pattern.
    There is nothing then I can find that contradicts INFJ. You are an idealist, you are softspoken, and a lot of subtle things that make the picture complete. I'm sorry if I'm not clear enough but as many people on this forum always say, it's the vybe or impression that you give. You resemble all the INFJ's that I know. I'm still not 100% sure, but at this moment I cannot conclude anything else...

edit: I just saw your other vid in vi sarah thread. Again I see quite clearly INFJ. You seem more shy (many INFJ's give the impression of being shy) You seem a humanist at heart. Not a superficial bitchy ESE, but someone with deeper goals. I stick to INFJ, but we'll see what type you eventually are. Try to learn more about types and their relations (not on this forum but in real life!) and by comparing yourself to those, eventually the puzzle will solve. Good luck.
    Last edited by Jarno; 03-17-2010 at 10:40 AM.

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno
    Well you are soft spoken, no ENFJ is softspoken. They are energetic, dominant and sometimes dramatic.
    One of my reasons of why ENFj isn't an option either.

I can see why INFj too, can't (or wont..or see point in) really debate it with you in depth, except to say i've seen some quieter ENFp's too, and from experience I think Sarah fits this bill.

She also appears to identify with P dichotomy over J - whether people want to put credence in that, dunno.

I suppose, at least from what I can remember, she seems to have been I think surprisingly busy and diverse for an INFj at particular stage in her life - this kinda suggests to me that her Ne wins over her Fi - seems a bit more focused... keen perhaps on pursuing new things than INFj who a bit more conservative in comparison this way.

But, mirror types and all, so I wouldn't say outright no to INFj and all that, and you make some good points I think.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I can understand that people would think ESE, but as you said yourself you got a strong feeling of being intuitive, so I don't think ESE would work.
    ENFp women show more energy, you seem an energy saver instead of spiller.
    I know how INFP's react and respond, you don't seem to follow their pattern.
    There is nothing then I can find that contradicts INFJ. You are an idealist, you are softspoken, and a lot of subtle things that make the picture complete. I'm sorry if I'm not clear enough but as many people on this forum always say, it's the vybe or impression that you give. You resemble all the INFJ's that I know. I'm still not 100% sure, but at this moment I cannot conclude anything else...

edit: I just saw your other vid in vi sarah thread. Again I see quite clearly INFJ. You seem more shy (many INFJ's give the impression of being shy) You seem a humanist at heart. Not a superficial bitchy ESE, but someone with deeper goals. I stick to INFJ, but we'll see what type you eventually are. Try to learn more about types and their relations (not on this forum but in real life!) and by comparing yourself to those, eventually the puzzle will solve. Good luck.
    INFj's are global thinkers...they would have to be if they are matched up with ESTj's don't you think; and energy saver is more character of ESFp...then INFj.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

The Administrator (ESTj) is very hard working; he rationally spends his time and does not like getting distracted by extraneous talk. He is very practical and economical. He strives to be competent in business issues, accumulating necessary information on problems interesting to him. He tends to take on too many responsibilities. So he needs The Humanist (INFj), which can suggest, which actions are most promising. The Humanist willingly helps in this work, doing it diligently and qualitatively.

The Administrator does not tolerate inferior quality. He likes integrity and uprightness in relations. The Humanist, as a rule, is an exceptionally honest and conscientious partner. He willingly processes great quantities of information, draws general conclusions and schedules actions. The Administrator sees planning as a problem. On the one hand, he is sometimes too impatient, on the other – he may be distracted by outside matters, procrastinating on important issues and failing to fulfill them in due time. He accepts this fact very painfully. He needs an undemanding regulator, a provident and prescient partner.

The second bright trait of The Administrator is his ability to take care of his family's welfare. He strives for a high standard of living. He demands quality and possesses well-developed esthetic taste. He is a kind of gourmet, likes tasty and healthy meals; parties for his close friends or family members organized by him are distinguished by very high taste. The Humanist is very reserved in communication. He is devoted to his narrow but stable circle of friends. He possesses 'clever hands' and interest in various technologies, culinary and medical recipes. While The Administrator creates comfort on a whole, his dual perfects all the details.

The Humanist is very attentive towards people, which is not applicable to his dual who is interested more in results of work and communication rather than in the very process. For this reason The Administrator, who is usually reserved and polite, may give way to irritation and wrath, especially when people take his precious time. At such moments he loses the feeling of tactfulness, may become blunt. He needs an ever-reserved, diplomatic and peaceful partner by his side. The Humanist softens ethical mistakes of his dual, performs peacemaking activities. By his persuasions he softens harsh behavior of the Administrator, appeals to his inborn nobility, magnanimity and conscience. By doing this, he facilitates communication with others. This helps The Administrator to keep stable the circle of his business partners.

The Humanist also foresees well the outcome of undertakings and relations. By his advice he helps his improvident dual to avoid many mistakes, the main of which is wishful thinking, especially about health and relations with people. He recognizes well the perspectives of new theories or technologies and he is among the first to struggle for their implementation.

The Administrator is conservative enough in his views, and without such support he tends to fall into routine, may even stop in his development, stagnate in everyday chores, or lose his spirituality, romantic feelings and interest towards intellectual novelties.

On the other hand, The Administrator is capable of thinking clearly and logically, of noticing what’s most important, of modernizing inefficient, outdated structures or technologies. He strives for higher quality and better outcome. The Humanist needs such a partner, who switches his attention from trivialities to more global undertakings. In addition, his dual attracts him as a protector and leader.

The Humanist is a very softhearted and sensitive person. His kindness if often misused by the others. By contrast, The Administrator is full of initiative, but does not like when others impose their own initiatives on him. He may show aggression, but hardly perceives aggression of the others. The Humanist, in spite of his indecisiveness, defends his own interests silently but impertinently, if he is sure of his being right. In practical affairs he is not very capable of protecting his interests, letting his more penetrative dual do it. He tolerates The Administrator's inability to praise, make compliments, which is caused by his insufficient understanding of individual traits and human potential capabilities. The Humanist understands this aspect and considers it to be so obvious that he does not require words of approval. He likes the integrity and hard work of his short-spoken dual.

This dual pair is characterized with certain reticence, isolation from other people, hard work, and attention to details and integrity in everything.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

So ask yourself Saracoles, which action would you suggest one take that is promising in let's say someone who is interested in Music and Children, and teaching and volunteerism?

As an INFj, you would need to process a lot of mass information all the time from a lot of different sources...how many news papers, magazines and journals have you read today, from 4am to 12pm?

Do you like gropping or to be groped? If no, then you might not do very well with ESTj.
    -

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    So ask yourself Saracoles, which action would you suggest one take that is promising in let's say someone who is interested in Music and Children, and teaching and volunteerism?

As an INFj, you would need to process a lot of mass information all the time from a lot of different sources...how many news papers, magazines and journals have you read today, from 4am to 12pm?

Do you like gropping or to be groped? If no, then you might not do very well with ESTj.
    I've spent all day in the crapper, so i've had plenty of time to fit in my magazine and journal reading.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I've spent all day in the crapper, so i've had plenty of time to fit in my magazine and journal reading.
    We don't read in the restroom; we consider that rude...try again.

If you can't answer this question, then you're not ENFj...

-

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and energy saver is more character of ESFp.
    ESFP bounce around. The are busy body's.

a socionics criteria of extraversion is energy spiller
    a socionics criteria of introvert energy saver

You switched those things, why?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

is this a joke?

ESFP bounce around. The are busy body's.

the definition of extravert is energy spiller
    the definition of introvert is energy saver
    You can be an ESFp and because of low cortisol have fatigue that doesn't change a person's type nor does it change their morphology.
    -

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We don't read in the restroom; we consider that rude...try again.

If you can't answer this question, then you're not ENFj...

Maritsa, Next year i am going overseas for 6 months to do volunteer/missionary work. This is more of an INFj trait than your display of "I want to rule the world and give my support (money) to charities" (without putting in much effort to show you care, or give a greater impact on peoples lives in a personal way). INFj's are humble and often are found in this type of work (volunteer).

However i know by your standards that this in fact if VERY un-INFj, so there is no need for you to repeat yourself.
    Hakuna Matata

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Maritsa, Next year i am going overseas for 6 months to do volunteer/missionary work. This is more of an INFj trait than your display of "I want to rule the world and give my support (money) to charities" (without putting in much effort to show you care, or give a greater impact on peoples lives in a personal way). INFj's are humble and often are found in this type of work (volunteer).

However i know by your standards that this in fact if VERY un-INFj, so there is no need for you to repeat yourself.
    That's very nice of you, but it's NOT INFj because INFj is not about missionary work and you just don't get it... there are a lot of humble people, that doesn't make them INFj because INFj is about ethics and morals of relations not vounteering...have a nice trip. When you come back, you will still be SEE
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suzzy View Post
    The 'little room is in fact one of the best spots in this busy life that we have created for ourselves to have time out and catch up on a little reading. It would be even better in that room if I could have a little table or shelf for my reading materials and maybe a spot for my i phone which I also like to read information from. If only...And it is not rude...It's just one person in there making use of time enjoying the quiet .
    LMAOOL
    -

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can be an ESFp and because of low cortisol have fatigue that doesn't change a person's type nor does it change their morphology.
    yes but now you are adressing an exception. That's not what you meant in the first place. You were simply changing a criterium just to fit her into it.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Next year i am going overseas for 6 months to do volunteer/missionary work.
    wow

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's very nice of you, but it's NOT INFj because INFj is not about missionary work and you just don't get it...
    wait... it also doesn't contradict INFJ. Actually I think it's reasonable to assume there is a greater percentage of NF's doing this work then other clubs.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

yes but now you are adressing an exception. That's not what you meant in the first place. You were simply changing a criterium just to fit her into it.
    You don't seem to get something about me; I don't lie.
    -

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

You don't seem to get something about me; I don't lie.
    you're delusional. you think all that shit is real.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    you're delusional. you think all that shit is real.
    And you don't know human types.
    -

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its not that, your just an idiot
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

it's fortunate for you that you're a dog then.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pinocchio -What's this trigram typing system you've got on your signiture?
    Can you start a thread on it?
    IEE-Ne

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by somavision View Post
    Pinocchio -What's this trigram typing system you've got on your signiture?
    Can you start a thread on it?
    it reminds me of a bruce lee philosophy. (bruce lee was phd or something in philosophy)

one who knows and knows that, is wise
    one who doesn't know but knows it, needs help, teach him
    one who thinks he knows but doesn't know is foolish

and one more, but can't remember exactly....

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not liking rules in the workplace is fairly universal. I appreciate CERTAIN rules and understand why they exist, but I have a very bad attitude about authority and rules and just hearing "rules" makes me cringe.

J's don't looove rules. We just understand that there needs to be an order to things. That doesn't mean we want others' crappy rules imposed upon us...
    I totally agree. On top of the fact that liking stable procedures doesn't mean one likes ANY system of rules, tons of people say they hate rules and authority and at the same time profit from- and abide by both of them. It means nothing when someone just says they hate the two.

@OP: how anyone could suggest a non-Fe type after having seen your video is beyond me. As to whether you're Beta or Alpha Fe, your emotional state seemed to be of a rather stably positive kind. The emotions of Beta NFs tend to be more melodramatic, contrasting the positive to the negative, kinda like an emotional rollercoaster that doesn't look relaxed at all. You're also less negative and inhibitted than the average ISFp (think mememolly), so I think you are an ESFj.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    I totally agree. On top of the fact that liking stable procedures doesn't mean one likes ANY system of rules, tons of people say they hate rules and authority and at the same time profit from- and abide by both of them. It means nothing when someone just says they hate the two.

@OP: how anyone could suggest a non-Fe type after having seen your video is beyond me. As to whether you're Beta or Alpha Fe, your emotional state seemed to be of a rather stably positive kind. The emotions of Beta NFs tend to be more melodramatic, contrasting the positive to the negative, kinda like an emotional rollercoaster that doesn't look relaxed at all. You're also less negative and inhibitted than the average ISFp (think mememolly), so I think you are an ESFj.
    Um, ok, i think here is needed a huge clarification. I can be one of the most negative people you could ever come across. In this video i was in a happy state of mind, being my 18th birthday and all. usually i am cynical, unhappy with my life and fairly morbid. life sucks in general, but has its moments of happiness.
    Hakuna Matata

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hm; ok. You do seem to cast un-Fe ish vibes from your posts on the forum. I might consider ENFp as an alternative. Do you find it restrictive when someone tells you their opinion without clearly explaining how they arrive at it, or do you find the kind of "leadership" or "authority" this conveys attractive?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hm; ok. You do seem to cast un-Fe ish vibes from your posts on the forum. I might consider ENFp as an alternative. Do you find it restrictive when someone tells you their opinion without clearly explaining how they arrive at it, or do you find the kind of "leadership" or "authority" this conveys attractive?
    I don't find it overly attractive. I do not take many people on their word alone, in some ways its almost foolish to do so. I like people to have proof, back up to their viewpoint/opinion.
    Hakuna Matata

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, that's the standard response (so is much about the negativity actually; dissatisfaction is a very common sentiment). It doesn't say particularly much about you other than that you are relatively sane.

I'm generally just confused now and don't know how to proceed with the typing. Good luck with any further effort to find out what you are.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, that's the standard response (so is much about the negativity actually; dissatisfaction is a very common sentiment). It doesn't say particularly much about you other than that you are relatively sane.

I'm generally just confused now and don't know how to proceed with the typing. Good luck with any further effort to find out what you are.
    Sorry to confuse.. if personalities were as easy as some people think, i would have figured my type out by now. Alas, tis not simple. Thanks for your words nonetheless.
    Hakuna Matata

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast