Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: IEIs-INFps enneagram type 9

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Exclamation IEIs-INFps enneagram type 9

How does an enneagram 9 type influence the way IEI characteristics manifest? Compared to 4s or others.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

something like Gandhi . I actually think Jung (suspected IEI by the nature of his works) is E5, not E9.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Hmm gandhi, eh? Any other examples? Maybe more contemporary?

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@GuavaDrunk types as E9 IEI.

i also think, Kurt Vonnegut was an IEI E9 (even though some people typed him ILE).

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

it strikes me that the person i'm thinking of usually sees positive potential in people a way associated with delta nfs more typically. i think with delta nfs its attributed to +Fi and Ne, right? but this person is Fe-IEI.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    it strikes me that the person i'm thinking of usually sees positive potential in people a way associated with delta nfs more typically. i think with delta nfs its attributed to +Fi and Ne, right? but this person is Fe-IEI.
    Both EIIs and IEIs are positivists, so it's possible.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Martrix View Post
    Both EIIs and IEIs are positivists, so it's possible.
    yeah, but E4 will dwell on negative emotions and impressions and will be selfishly absorbed in their own desires, fears, and webs of uniqueness. E 9 will likely have some more abstract ideals (less narrowly personal) and will have increased diplomatic abilities. As members of the positive outlook triad, they tend to focus on beneficial and constructive experiences, they dislike conflict and morbidity. I've only known one IEI 9 chick irl. She was cool, but a bit on the passive side. I sometimes had the impression that getting along with people had precedence over having some definite opinions of her own.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

The person I'm thinking of seems to have a very high morbidity tolerance.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why does this thread have an exclamation point in front of it?

I THOUGHT E9s ARE PRETTY MELLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jim, Invisible. "Socionics something something". The16types.info shoutbox; May 15, 2014.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rosewood View Post
    yeah, but E4 will dwell on negative emotions and impressions and will be selfishly absorbed in their own desires, fears, and webs of uniqueness. E 9 will likely have some more abstract ideals (less narrowly personal) and will have increased diplomatic abilities. As members of the positive outlook triad, they tend to focus on beneficial and constructive experiences, they dislike conflict and morbidity. I've only known one IEI 9 chick irl. She was cool, but a bit on the passive side. I sometimes had the impression that getting along with people had precedence over having some definite opinions of her own.
    Do you reckon the Ni subtype could correlate with E4, and the Fe subtype with E9?

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i hit the exclamation point on accident on my phone. but if it makes ppl click on the thread and answer thats cool

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheWholeEnglish View Post
    Why does this thread have an exclamation point in front of it?

I THOUGHT E9s ARE PRETTY MELLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It's there to warn the E6s of danger. Otherwise, it's just the thread pointing out its uniqueness, E4 style.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you reckon the Ni subtype could correlate with E4, and the Fe subtype with E9?
    Most IEI-Fe i've met have been 4's.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    What about IEI E5s?

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's there to warn the E6s of danger. Otherwise, it's just the thread pointing out its uniqueness, E4 style.
    EEEKKK I'M E6!!!!!!!!!! U GUYZ I GOTTA GET OUTTA HERE!!!!!!!!!

Jim, Invisible. "Socionics something something". The16types.info shoutbox; May 15, 2014.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Definitely, in my experience this has been the case. I have only known a couple irl though.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about IEI E5s?
    They're rare. Doubt i've met one. E5 would inherently devalue the skill of Fe(You don't use it, you lose it), and seems more fitting for an ILI.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I could see Bergman possibly being a 9w1, if not a 4w5.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Definitely, in my experience this has been the case. I have only known a couple irl though.
    Which subtype are you, @Aylen?

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They're rare. Doubt i've met one. E5 would inherently devalue the skill of Fe(You don't use it, you lose it), and seems more fitting for an ILI.
    I'm possibly a candidate, but that's because I use tons of Ti as well as Ni. Always have. Fe came later.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Which subtype are you, @Aylen?
    My quizzes never give me a subtype. this was my last one.

http://www.sociotype.com/tests/result/ost/12862

I don't know how to read the percentages of strengths and values or really what they mean.

I am thinking the % means there is not enough of a difference to subtype me.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My quizzes never give me a subtype. this was my last one.

http://www.sociotype.com/tests/result/ost/12862

I don't know how to read the percentages of strengths and values or really what they mean.

I am thinking the % means there is not enough of a difference to subtype me.
    Neither do I. It seems you're quite balanced on the IEI scale. I generally come up Ni, but the description is nothing like me. I am probably most like the description for EIE-Ni. But then again, I've never seen myself as an extrovert.

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

What about IEI E5s?
    Most famous one off the top of my head I got would be Kurt Cobain at Fe-IEI 5w4.
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Neither do I. It seems you're quite balanced on the IEI scale. I generally come up Ni, but the description is nothing like me. I am probably most like the description for EIE-Ni. But then again, I've never seen myself as an extrovert.
    If I were to describe myself I could include a lot of the EIE description but I am not an extrovert either. An introvert usually knows they are an introvert even when they appear extroverted it is something "different". I can't explain it.

YWIMW

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by woofwoofl View Post
    Most famous one off the top of my head I got would be Kurt Cobain at Fe-IEI 5w4.
    Not 4w5, then? I thought he was all about the emotion.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I don't know what the averages are but it looks like I am high on the ignoring and demonstrative.

YWIMW

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I were to describe myself I could include a lot of the EIE description but I am not an extrovert either. An introvert usually knows they are an introvert even when they appear extroverted it is something "different". I can't explain it.
    I know. When introverts try their hands at being extroverted, the effect is just over-the-top, without the naturalness of the Extroverts.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know what the averages are but it looks like I am high on the ignoring and demonstrative.
    Ne and Fi?
    What does demonstrative Fi look like, anyway?

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I know. When introverts try their hands at being extroverted, the effect is just over-the-top, without the naturalness of the Extroverts.
    Mmhmm., it usually involves dancing on tables and other shenanigans.

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Ne and Fi?
    What does demonstrative Fi look like, anyway?
    I guess I use it to make fun of people. I am a terrible human being.

8. Demonstrative Function

A person uses this element mainly as a kind of game, or to ridicule those who he thinks take it too seriously. They often intentionally go against its conventional usage simply to prove a point in favor of their creative function. However, this function is used quite often in private, to produce information of its element to support their creative function when focusing on making contact with the external world.A person will often have just as sophisticated an understanding of this function as his or her leading function. Unlike the ignoring function it plays a major part in a person's worldview, since as the vulnerable function of one's dual it requires especially delicate attention. Thus, when a person is given information regarding the element in the demonstrative function by someone else, they will tend to take it as obvious information that is irrelevant to completely focus on. One will often use the demonstrative function to defend and further support their beliefs made in the vulnerable function.The demonstrative function is easiest function to use (after the base function) yet often occurs sporadically. When one experiences a problem regarding this function, one must correct it as it does play a vital part in a person's worldview.- See more at: http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/f....u9oQagak.dpuf

YWIMW

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

so...bout those iei 9s...

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Emotion breathing life into lyrics that suggest a more removed approach, and I recall him making lyrics assembled out of truisms in the alt-rock scene, bohemia, etc., purposely arranged in contradictory manners; subtle humor, sarcasm, especially in the Bleach album; looking in the heavy rock world, my closest comparison for IEI E4 would be Jonathan Davis from Korn, and the difference is enormous.
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I have 9 in my tritype. I would say it gives me a stronger conscience and need to right a wrong. It helps me realize when I need to seek some inner peace and make amends. It gives me a wider perceptive on human nature and curbs the impulse to judge negatively and be self-absorbed.. I can shift into the nine profile easily when my heart or intuition is telling me something needs to be balanced.

Edit: It does fuel my spiritual side.

YWIMW

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

in my (not very rich) experience with IEIs Fe subtype has been more dramatic and manipulative, especially if Sx. Theoretically I see how the two could be correlated, but dunno ... Fe subtype ime has been quite far from the Wikisocion IEI-Fe The Diplomat :-??.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm possibly a candidate, but that's because I use tons of Ti as well as Ni. Always have. Fe came later.
    wait. you're a IEI? That dude in the pic looks kind of SEI or SLI.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Cobain is texbook IEI-Fe E 4w5 , but Woolfie has his own favorites

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I thought martrix looked iei. Shrug

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by woofwoofl View Post
    Emotion breathing life into lyrics that suggest a more removed approach, and I recall him making lyrics assembled out of truisms in the alt-rock scene, bohemia, etc., purposely arranged in contradictory manners; subtle humor, sarcasm, especially in the Bleach album; looking in the heavy rock world, my closest comparison for IEI E4 would be Jonathan Davis from Korn, and the difference is enormous.
    There difference is enormous. I agree. I'm still thinking it could be the difference of 4w5 and 4w3, though.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rosewood View Post
    wait. you're a IEI? That dude in the pic looks kind of SEI or SLI.
    Really? An Si-dom? What gave you that impression?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast