Thread: the most valuable concept of socionics

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default the most valuable concept of socionics

I think the most valuable concept, the "takeaway lesson" that everyone should learn from socionics is the idea of complementary traits. Everything else--dichotomies, quadras, temperaments, etc--those are all extraneous extraneous and they stray from the main point of socionics. I think that if you truly grasp the idea of complementary traits you should be able to figure out the rest of it on your own.
    The saddest ESFj

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, all the rest is explication of that basic point about complementary functions. So yes, that's all you really need, and it is probably the core of the core of the core of the theory (meaning that it is the part most likely to be true of more people, as it is closer to the "reality"), but assuming the people who sort of drew other conclusions from that basic idea (which is sort of a refutation of Jung, who found that the primary "shadow" fell on the complementary function) know what they're doing, the explication is at least good food for thought, although, like everything in socionics, it should by no means be taken as gospel.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    At least the antagonistic/conflicting traits are of the same importance as complementarity/compatibility.
    I agree with this. The idea of complementarity is all over the place... Socionics also describes antagonistic traits, a concept which... is also all over the place. Perhaps Socionics' contribution is that it holds both views without contradicting itself.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As I see it, there isn't a "most valuable" concept in socionics. However, there are two concepts which lie at its core, which are equally valuable. One is the proposition that a person's nature affects how they see the world, and how they relate to it. The other is the proposition of a supreme categorical system by which all information may be apprehended intuitively by humans. The former is not respected enough by western culture, and the world at large is sorely ignorant of the second.