Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guy types me IEI. Is this possible?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Guy types me IEI. Is this possible?

So I made a video for a guy. I talked about how I got into typology and other stuff. You can watch some of it here if interested.

Here was his response to said video:

We have in the past been deliberating over Beta or Delta for you. I think we can reach a conclusion on the matter by looking at what you say quite early in the video, how you were drawn to typology as it was a means of categorising people into different sorts and that this allowed you to belong to a group of people similar to yourself and different from others. This is a very Merry way of looking at things. Essentially, it is an appraisal of Ti and Fe, group belonging ordained by logical categories. As such, I don't think your value system could be Serious like Delta. Instead, Beta or Alpha would make more sense.

Further evidence of Fe valuing is in your focus on the 'right attitude', i.e. the emotions you bring with you to a job should change depending on the scenario you are working. You feel there is a certain amount of zeal and pep with which one should conduct oneself in the workplace which is quite different to the Fi valuer who tends to cling to however he or she feels regardless of the situation.

I want to address what Susan said in the above post about reflecting and thinking over one's past and future. It is true that both of you do this, yet I would say that you are an Ni lead while Susan is an Ne lead. This is because both of you are Intuition leading so your main focus will both about perceiving information from your imaginations. As intutive types, you will both use Ne and Ni for this purpose. However, the difference between one's leading and ignored function is essentially value (and temperament), which one you go with and which one doesn't tend to surface in your behaviour. Susan as an Ne lead is essentially a jumper, she focuses on exploring the multiple possibilities and as such, she has done a large variety of different things in her life. From watching your video, you seem like more of a lingerer than a jumper, you carry on wondering and doubting, continually thinking about what you did in the past and what you will do in the future without running with any particular option. This would be leading Ni.

I had already been considering Te as a vulnerable function when you were explaining your switch to biology from mechanical engineering due to the difficulty of the work. It makes sense for someone with Te PoLR to want to evade such a Te-centric discipline as Engineering. What confirmed this hunch came at the end when you brought up again (we had considered this same anecdote a while back) the supervisor of yours that continually criticised how you were doing things, which is textbook Te PoLR inflammation. In disagreement with Susan, I wouldn't say that you need someone to tell you how to approach your future career, (she would prefer that because she is Te valuing), instead I would say you need someone to come along and just say "right we're doing this!", providing an Se call to action that can shake you out of your deliberation.

In conclusion, I would say that your video provides a reasonably solid confirmation of IEI for your type. A positive of this is that if you are still considering a career in the armed forces, the Beta Pragmatist environment might not feel so oppressive as I had thought it would be when we still believed you were a Delta Humanitarian.
    At this point, I am very set on being an NF humanitarian, but I think it would be important at this point to distinguish further somebody who values Te over Ti as well as Se over Si.

Absurd: You Ti dominants sure say things I don't really know where to put.
    labtard: fml
    Absurd: Hah.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I at first noticed: Your eyes. Slightly remind me of my own. The way they move around. You often stare somewhere at the ceiling while searching for the right words. Then the squinting and suddenly smiling and snickering a little bit, it's subtle but I can see the extroverted feeling.
    Just based on visual identification I can tell we're identicals. So IEI is possible, I guess.
    Love is like an energy, rushing in, rushing inside of me...

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kadda1212 View Post
    What I at first noticed: Your eyes. Slightly remind me of my own. The way they move around. You often stare somewhere at the ceiling while searching for the right words. Then the squinting and suddenly smiling and snickering a little bit, it's subtle but I can see the extroverted feeling.
    Just based on visual identification I can tell we're identicals. So IEI is possible, I guess.
    Fascinating observation. Let's see what others think...

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Your way of speaking is similar to mine...sorta start, stop, start...go in a different direction for a sec but bring it back to topic...Like a broken speech pattern but not quite broken. Hard to explain, I agree with Kadda on the staring off thing. I do that too.

@Suedehead you had a smoother speech pattern overall. I just remembered that in comparing to his speech pattern. Did you settle on a type yet?
    Last edited by Aylen; 03-17-2014 at 03:24 AM.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

idk... the explanations this "guy" offers in what you quoted dont really make sense to me.

Who is this guy who is trying to type you? does he really know what he is talking about? It's not DJ Arendee is it? I saw he is a big presence on youtube acting like he is a socionics guru when in fact, people even question whether he has his own type right. A lot of people go around professing to be expert socionists when they are in fact newbs.

I think that ultimately you are going to have to try to figure out your type on your own... take into consideration what people say but do so with discretion and ultimately know that you are the best judge of how you process info, which is ultimately what socionic types represent
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just finished watching your video... hmmm... i'm not really sure what your type is...I am curious though because i know 2-3 people with similar mannerisms, manner of speaking, and general "look", one of whom was a guy i used to have a crush on.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@WorkaholicsAnon: The guy who tried to type him is probably not DJArendee, cause he's not called "Jack". By the way, I think DJA's views on socionics, what he is talking about in his videos, is very much in line with what you can read on pages like wikisocion. And you said, that someone can judge their personality best for themselves, so why question his type?
    Just a thought...

Anyway, in terms of VI I can tell the OP is my identical, but I can't draw much information concerning his type out of what he's actually saying...

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    Just finished watching your video... hmmm... i'm not really sure what your type is...I am curious though because i know 2-3 people with similar mannerisms, manner of speaking, and general "look", one of whom was a guy i used to have a crush on.
    Could it be that.... we're duals? OMG!

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@WorkaholicsAnon: The guy who tried to type him is probably not DJArendee, cause he's not called "Jack". By the way, I think DJA's views on socionics, what he is talking about in his videos, is very much in line with what you can read on pages like wikisocion. And you said, that someone can judge their personality best for themselves, so why question his type?
    Just a thought...

Anyway, in terms of VI I can tell the OP is my identical, but I can't draw much information concerning his type out of what he's actually saying...
    OK and you're certain that you're IEI then?

regarding DJArendee's type, I'm not questioning it (I dont have an opinion), but many are, and when it comes down to a consensus, if a lot of people feel something is off, then it could be so.
    My impression of DJA is that he is much too confident about his socionics for the time he's been dealing with it. I was confident too as a newb, until i realized i was totally wrong about some things. The more i study socionics, the more I question myself about whether what I know really manifests in the way that I think it does. One can be well versed in what is written on wikisocion, but does that necessarily that one really knows what it means and how it all manifests?

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HandiAce View Post
    Could it be that.... we're duals? OMG!
    lol, well.... having a crush on someone doesn't necessarily mean duality... i really dont know what either of your types is. I'm curious!
    Last edited by Suz; 03-17-2014 at 01:55 PM.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i have a hard time seeing IEI for you personally. your interests and intuitive leaps are pretty external and tangible.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    OK and you're certain that you're IEI then?

regarding DJArendee's type, I'm not questioning it (I dont have an opinion), but many are, and when it comes down to a consensus, if a lot of people feel something is off, then it could be so.
    My impression of DJA is that he is much too confident about his socionics for the time he's been dealing with it. I was confident too as a newb, until i realized i was totally wrong about some things. The more i study socionics, the more I question myself about whether what I know really manifests in the way that I think it does. One can be well versed in what is written on wikisocion, but does that necessarily that one really knows what it means and how it all manifests?
    I'm just as certain as I can be.
    The problem with socionics is, I guess, it's just like any science and people have different opinions about certain things. I cannot speak Russian, or else I would read the books for myself...

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm just as certain as I can be.
    The problem with socionics is, I guess, it's just like any science and people have different opinions about certain things. I cannot speak Russian, or else I would read the books for myself...
    Yeah, i hear you. But even so, reading is one thing... putting the material into practice is a whole other skill altogether.

Well I dont discount the possibility of HandiAce being IEI...

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, no, IEE. c:

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HandiAce is the opposite of NIMQ... everyone wants him in their quadra!

I am perfectly happy with an IEE typing for you Handi, as i feel we resonate on many things. That said, i have resonated some with IEIs too.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    i have a hard time seeing IEI for you personally. your interests and intuitive leaps are pretty external and tangible.
    Interesting. Well how would you distinguish me from other IEIs on the forum? How is my behavior different from theirs? What do you think makes a person IEI?

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Interesting. Well how would you distinguish me from other IEIs on the forum? How is my behavior different from theirs? What do you think makes a person IEI?
    hm. its hard to compare one person to an entire group of other people. i guess you seem more scattered and more explicitly looking for interaction...even the really friendly IEIs seem sort of like they're halfway talking to themselves a lot of the time but its really obvious you are communicating outwardly and looking for feedback. youve talked really out in the open about how you feel when i'm around and your impressions of me and ime the IEIs hold their cards a little closer as far as that goes or express it in a more roundabout way. just a couple things..idk

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    yeah, no, IEE. c:
    Something tells me you want to secretly murder me.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I generally get a strong feeling around female IEI...like, wow, they're are me from a different perspective. It is confusing for me because I see some people here self-typed IEI and I don't feel that with them. They feel more extroverted and I am only going on the feelings. Those on my friends list typed IEI give me that strong feeling, both males and females.

I don't know what type you are but see if you relate to any of this.... I know I do.
    @kadda1212 do you?

http://www.personalitytypist.com/201...nize-infp.html

There are manyexcellentdescriptions of the INFp (Intuitive Ethical Introvert) out there, so I'll try to refrain from a rehash of all of those articles. But I'd like to take this opportunity to provide some of my personal observations of the type and how to know if you're in the presence of one.

1. The INFp is a romantic. And not just concerning matters of love--INFp's desire a life drawn from movies and fairytales. They are idealists, dreamers, poets, etc, and they care strongly about beauty in art and in life. The INFp's head is often in the clouds--when you are in a conversation with one, it is not unusual for them to appear distracted by thought, only to interject with a seemingly off-topic comment or observation.
    2. The INFp is an optimist. Though their lives are often far from ideal, the INFp is always notably optimistic about their prospects and future. It isn't that they don't understand sometimes harsh realities of life, but the majority of their thoughts are focused on larger ideas concerning the human condition. Outside of sporadic (and usually private) bouts of brooding, they remain positive and they love to joke, generally having a playful, albeit subdued demeanor.
    3. The INFp is quietly sociable. Here is another case where "introvert" does not correlate with "anti-social"--in fact, the INFp is very curious about people and has an interest in creating and sustaining positive emotions when interacting with other people. They have a strong control over their own emotions and can easily use them to influence the people around him.
    4. The INFp is both serious and frivolous, simultaneously. Somehow in conversation, INFp's are uniquely able to mix humor with serious emotion very naturally and sincerely. This stems from their tendency for contemplation (Introverted Intuition) combined with their ability to create a positive emotional atmosphere (Extraverted Feeling).
    5. The INFp is impractical. Like most of the intuitive-feelers, the INFp has little capacity for practical matters. They can have poor impulse control when it comes to purchases. Strangely, they can sometimes be successful when it comes to business matters--a side effect of their particular social skills and ability to be passionate about things.
    6. The INFp is [generally] slim and has a characteristic shy grin. This is true of both males and females. Having an attractive, elegant appearance plays into their romantic imaginations and they can go to great lengths to maintain that appearance. [Note: I have no idea where the grin comes from, but it's very noticeable on INFp's].

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mmhm. He's been eying you for days. Maybe he owes someone a lot of money or something? I hear kidneys fetch a good price on the black market.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    I generally get a strong feeling around female IEI...like, wow, they're are me from a different perspective. It is confusing for me because I see some people here self-typed IEI and I don't feel that with them. They feel more extroverted and I am only going on the feelings. Those on my friends list typed IEI give me that strong feeling, both males and females.

I don't know what type you are but see if you relate to any of this.... I know I do.
    @kadda1212 do you?
    I identify with every one of those, especially 1, 2, and 4.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=Aylen;1006595]I generally get a strong feeling around female IEI...like, wow, they're are me from a different perspective. It is confusing for me because I see some people here self-typed IEI and I don't feel that with them. They feel more extroverted and I am only going on the feelings. Those on my friends list typed IEI give me that strong feeling, both males and females.

@kadda1212 do you?

I identify with this INFp description completely and I get the same feeling from girls that are similar to me. It's funny Aylen, I get this feeling from you - that we are similar, but on the other hand, to me you seem much more extroverted . I would have never imagined you're an introvert or 4w5 by the way you write . So I think the way we express ourselves on a forum can make as seem more extroverted than we actually are.

In comparison to you (and me I guess), most of the IEI girls here give me somewhat colder and more serious vibe, not that playful or quirky. Maybe it's the subtypes, what do I know ?

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@kadda1212 do you?
    I do relate to that, not IEI btw
    (and yes I relate to all of the above strongly)

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reficulris View Post
    Are you thinking of switching teams, Ref?

Look at my "what's my type" thread and see what our first interaction with each other was. heh

I'm not suggesting anything here just look if you feel so inclined.

Edit: I hope I am not coming off like I am trying to build an IEI army. hahah
    Last edited by Aylen; 03-17-2014 at 08:13 PM.

YWIMW

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Aylen: I can relate to most of it. However, I don't consider myself as an optimist. I have learned to worry and developed a lifestyle of worrying, get sudden panic attacks. It's something I'm uncomfortable with and try to change and it's slowly getting better, I guess.
    I'm also not really impractical. I know how to spend my money. But I guess I'm more impractical than some people.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post

I identify with this INFp description completely and I get the same feeling from girls that are similar to me. It's funny Aylen, I get this feeling from you - that we are similar, but on the other hand, to me you seem much more extroverted . I would have never imagined you're an introvert or 4w5 by the way you write . So I think the way we express ourselves on a forum can make as seem more extroverted than we actually are.

In comparison to you (and me I guess), most of the IEI girls here give me somewhat colder and more serious vibe, not that playful or quirky. Maybe it's the subtypes, what do I know ?
    It is way easier to seem extroverted online. In person it is a different story. I often seem like I am in my own world in groups, then all of a sudden I will make a comment out of nowhere then stare back off into space. People are surprised I was listening but I was. I can take the spotlight for short periods before getting overwhelmed. In one of my small groups I am called on to answer questions and I get somewhat uncomfortable being put on the spot. I tell my story and immediately shrink back in my chair and, say "ok enough about me, next". It always makes them laugh but that is how I feel. I just say it in a silly way.

Edit: One on one, with the right person, I can talk almost nonstop about anything and everything. If I trust them.

YWIMW

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hahahaha

nah

kind of

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Also in my group, when we take breaks, I will sit in my car alone and listen to music. Unless someone catches me before I can get there and then I will chat with them until breaks over but I prefer listening to music. I do two things that may make me seem extroverted to people who don't know me. I dance in my seat at stoplights and I wink at strangers when I catching them staring. Like it is our little secret.

I got caught dancing at a stoplight by a girl in my group last week and it was embarrassing 'cause she mentioned it in front of everyone and said how cute it was. She said she didn't know it was me until we both pulled into the parking lot. My face was every shade of red. I don't care if strangers see me doing it but then to have someone I know catch me was too much. Thing is they don't even know how uncomfortable it made me that she saw me because I laughed it off.

YWIMW

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also in my group, when we take breaks, I will sit in my car alone and listen to music. Unless someone catches me before I can get there and then I will chat with them until breaks over but I prefer listening to music. I do two things that may make me seem extroverted to people who don't know me. I dance in my seat at stoplights and I wink at strangers when I catching them staring. Like it is our little secret.

I got caught dancing at a stoplight by a girl in my group last week and it was embarrassing 'cause she mentioned it in front of everyone and said how cute it was. She said she didn't know it was me until we both pulled into the parking lot. My face was every shade of red. I don't care if strangers see me doing it but then to have someone I know catch me was too much. Thing is they don't even know how uncomfortable it made me that she saw me because I laughed it off.
    I also dance in my car at stoplights. If the songs good. Or I sing really loud. I have this old Genesis cassette I listen to once in a while. I know all the lyrics by heart and it sure must be amusing when I sing along.

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default words errywhere! :p

Quote Originally Posted by guy to Handi
    We have in the past been deliberating over Beta or Delta for you. I think we can reach a conclusion on the matter by looking at what you say quite early in the video, how you were drawn to typology as it was a means of categorising people into different sorts and that this allowed you to belong to a group of people similar to yourself and different from others. This is a very Merry way of looking at things.
    If this is to be attributed to anything, especially a Reinin dichotomy that bissects the entire socion neatly into groups of two whole quadras, it would be the Democratic/Aristocratic dichotomy. Putting you in the Aristocratic camp would exclude Alpha and Gamma, while including both Beta and Delta.

Essentially, it is an appraisal of Ti and Fe, group belonging ordained by logical categories.
    That would be Beta Aristocracy.

As far as the Democratic/Aristocratic divide across the socion, the Aristocratic zones would serve as two different midpoints between the different interpretations of "everyone is one person" found in the Democratic quadras. Beta Aristocracy tends towards the more explicitly tribal and hierarchial, with Pod'Lair being an excellent example of this in the typology world alone.

Further evidence of Fe valuing is in your focus on the 'right attitude', i.e. the emotions you bring with you to a job should change depending on the scenario you are working.
    Well, duh; if I'm smiling, approachable, and easy to deal with in a place where, for instance, I serve food and deal with a lot of people, it leads to an easier experience for everyone, and it also leads to me keeping my job longer. A focus on having the "right attitude" largely has to do with the requirements of the job itself; in a job that requires a huge amount of human interaction, it's crucial. Pissed-off customers bog down lines and make the place look bad, and when the workers are more busy being furious at each other than doing the job, then that's just more problems for everyone to get pissed at.

You feel there is a certain amount of zeal and pep with which one should conduct oneself in the workplace which is quite different to the Fi valuer who tends to cling to however he or she feels regardless of the situation.
    Where is the Fi valued for that person? Up front in the Base? In absence of any other information, IEE is an Intuitive type first and foremost. EP temperament. Extroverted. Irrational. Fe Demonstrative too, which can be as potent and as dimensional as the Base itself.

I want to address what Susan said in the above post about reflecting and thinking over one's past and future. It is true that both of you do this, yet I would say that you are an Ni lead while Susan is an Ne lead. This is because both of you are Intuition leading so your main focus will both about perceiving information from your imaginations.
    Hmm, not too sure about this one. Main focus being the perception of information from personal imaginations? What's being imagined?

As intutive types, you will both use Ne and Ni for this purpose. However, the difference between one's leading and ignored function is essentially value (and temperament), which one you go with and which one doesn't tend to surface in your behaviour. Susan as an Ne lead is essentially a jumper, she focuses on exploring the multiple possibilities and as such, she has done a large variety of different things in her life. From watching your video, you seem like more of a lingerer than a jumper, you carry on wondering and doubting, continually thinking about what you did in the past and what you will do in the future without running with any particular option. This would be leading Ni.
    The most glaring problem with the distinction of "jumper" is that there are a vast number and wide variety of things that could constitute "jumps". A non-sequential cognitive pattern, consistent with the Vortical-Synergetic style, would mean that "jumps" would happen. A dichotomized form of "jumping" would be present most notably in Dialectical-Algorithmic types. The only cognitive style that I can say would be almost completely devoid of these aforementioned types of "jumping" would be the Causal-Deterministic style, which is shared by only ILE, LSI, SEE, and EII.

The jumps that were referred to in the following post include, if not totally consist of a sort of lateral movement, and once again, the CD types would be the most obviously devoid of this. On the issue of "jumps" outside of any attention to this sort of directionality, I've seen Ti itself referred to as "jumping" by at least one person who almost definitely had it in their Ego block, and I'd agree. Same with Fi.

The apparent "lingering", "wondering" and "doubting" can also be explained well by Enneagram 6 issues, as well as being on the Judicious side of the Judicious/Decisive divide. Judicious plus Aristocratic equals Delta.
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    hahahaha

nah

kind of
    don't be EMBARRASSED I'm not Delta.

I just got the memo...

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reficulris View Post
    How does one "fake" irrationality?

Since you mentioned it please explain. I am open to your perspective. Examples that made you think that would be helpful to me. I am very self-aware but it is always nice to get others opinions purely for introspective reasons... 1, 2, 3, go Oh and one person here has actually seen my movements (vid) and I am pretty sure I am not stiff. I have gentle movements.

Rationals

(Also called shizotymes in early socionics literature)

1. Tend to plan ahead, make decisions early.
    2. Are more often rigid and stubborn.
    3. Do not like to change their decisions.
    4. Tend to finish what they started.
    5. Usually have stiff movements.
    6. Usually more 'authoritarian' leadership style.
    7. Low stress tolerance.

Irrationals

(Also called cyclotymes in early socionics literature)

1. Tend to wait and see, more spontaneous.
    2. Are more often flexible and tolerant.
    3. Change their decisions frequently.
    4. Tend to start new things without finishing them.
    5. Usually have gentle movements.
    6. Usually more 'democratic' leadership style.
    7. High stress tolerance.

Last edited by Aylen; 03-18-2014 at 02:59 AM.

YWIMW

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@HandiAce, one thought i just had is that one other way you can figure out between Delta NF and Beta NF is by interacting with the betas on the forum, hanging out in their subforum, seeing how you resonate with the discussions in there, and doing the same in Delta. I know you've been around delta a lot, which is why mentioned beta first.

I dont know if you know this about me, but when i first came upon socionics, i erroneously typed myself IEI because i was trying to convert from my MBTI type (INFJ). So I was frequenting the Beta forum getting to know the betas, and while I became close with about 2 or 3 people, there was a lot about the public topics of discussions and how people went about the discussions, even the joking around, that just rubbed me the wrong way most of the time, and I guess i rubbed some people the wrong way too. Also I found myself not always well understood even by the people I got along well with (in terms of the perspective i was coming from ) and vice versa. Over time it became clear to me (and to everyone in Beta for that matter) that I was in the wrong place. In fact, the more blunt people in Beta were the first to let me know I didn't belong.

At first this experience made me think this forum was full of crazies, but then once I realized I was delta and started interacting more with the deltas here, I realized that my impression had only been such because i was trying to bond with my opposing quadra -- people with completely different values.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So for the sake of personal development and confronting my own comfort zones, fears, and self-sabtotaging tendencies, I have switched to IEI as my type.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So for the sake of personal development and confronting my own comfort zones, fears, and self-sabtotaging tendencies, I have switched to IEI as my type.
    That sounds like something you could do as any type. I mean, if IEI makes sense for you from a theoretical standpoint, that's great, but personal development is possible no matter what label you slap on yourself, so I wouldn't go around switching types sheerly for something like that.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Creepy-male

First impression based off of video: Ne-IEE, you remind me of Zach Braff.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McBain View Post
    First impression based off of video: Ne-IEE, you remind me of Zach Braff.
    Thanks for your input. What sorts of specific traits do you see that suggest to you I'm IEE?

I can sort of see the Braff resemblance...

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddly McFluffles View Post
    That sounds like something you could do as any type. I mean, if IEI makes sense for you from a theoretical standpoint, that's great, but personal development is possible no matter what label you slap on yourself, so I wouldn't go around switching types sheerly for something like that.
    It's possible the label could be a limiter to my own personal growth. On the other hand, simply saying I have the XNFx humanitarian label speaks volumes about who I am and how I see the world.

Creepy-male

Thanks for your input. What sorts of specific traits do you see that suggest to you I'm IEE?

I can sort of see the Braff resemblance...
    Mainly in the mannerisms you display that bring to mind associations of the various IEEs that I know. Perhaps in your asking for specific traits that could be interpreted as a trait of IEEs that I've noticed -- they tend to focus on one particular part of something in order to grasp the whole. I think it's more a difficulty with Ti system building in many respects...but I'd have to observe more to really get a good feeling about that with you. The emphasis you place on establishing your career by seeking out authoritative opinions on the subject seems Te to me...It's the way that you speak that reminds me of Zach Braff and a little bit of the eyes too.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's possible the label could be a limiter to my own personal growth. On the other hand, simply saying I have the XNFx humanitarian label speaks volumes about who I am and how I see the world.
    Labels are only limiting if you allow them to be.
    Johari/Nohari

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast