Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dragon Ball Z

Creepy-male

So you're ILE now again? How long is this going to last? And are we going to have HOT SENSUAL DUAL SEX?

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, don't know, we'll see.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
    Alphas are Social Analysts.
    That's Delta.

Alphas run parallel to society.

Think of it this way: aristocrats run perpendicular, democrats run parallel.

Decisive quadras intersect with society, Judicious quadras do not.

Alphas = parallel + disjunct. Alphas go off and make their own little world, freely interacting with whoever comes along.

Gammas = parallel + intersecting. Gammas form the social systems and standards of acceptable behaviour, institutions, systems, whatever.

Betas = perpendicular + intersecting. They challenge the existing systems and structures of society, imposing new ones upon it.

Deltas = perpendicular + disjunct. Deltas observe and criticise society, being somewhat a part of it, yet being outside and looking back in from a distance.

Rick, an IEE, is the most ridiculously terrific example of this and wtf when have you ever seen an Alpha like that. (p.s. tcaud is pretty self-evidently either not Alpha or too disconnected from reality and unhealthy to be accurately typed (case-in-point, his rants about good & evil on OKCupid, that is not the writing of an Alpha, end of story); his best fit is really Beta NF if he's even socionics-typable at all to begin with.)

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Hey, please learn Socionics, k thx.
    ^Not to be as blunt as this, but basically yeah. None of any of what you said, Pookie, is Socionics. I'm assuming you're coming from MBTI or JCF; they are not Socionics.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You guys are morons.

Goku is SEE, so obvious it's retarded.

Vegeta is LSI.

Don't care about the others, but they're mostly all typed wrong.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vegeta is SLE. He is obviously an extrovert, and not Goku's supervisor by any means.

Under cerulean skies...

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah okay, I can see SLE, but he still has the demeanor of an IJ imo.

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Egbert Human View Post
    That's Delta.

Alphas = parallel + disjunct. Alphas go off and make their own little world, freely interacting with whoever comes along.

Gammas = parallel + intersecting. Gammas form the social systems and standards of acceptable behaviour, institutions, systems, whatever.

Betas = perpendicular + intersecting. They challenge the existing systems and structures of society, imposing new ones upon it.

Deltas = perpendicular + disjunct. Deltas observe and criticise society, being somewhat a part of it, yet being outside and looking back in from a distance.

Rick, an IEE, is the most ridiculously terrific example of this and wtf when have you ever seen an Alpha like that. (p.s. tcaud is pretty self-evidently either not Alpha or too disconnected from reality and unhealthy to be accurately typed (case-in-point, his rants about good & evil on OKCupid, that is not the writing of an Alpha, end of story); his best fit is really Beta NF if he's even socionics-typable at all to begin with.)
    No.

Extraverted perception, specifically Ne, is tuned into worldwide happenings. It has a higher dimension than . valuers need to be tuned in to what's going on everywhere else, this feeds their shortsighted .

Introverted = Unrelated to the object = Concerned with the subject
    Extraverted = Unrelated to the subject = Concerned with the object

Introverted perception = passive awareness
    Extraverted perception = active awareness
    Introverted judgment = passive judgment
    Extraverted judgment = active judgment

Thus Alpha is social. I call them Social Analysts because of /, more specifically because they like to voice their critical and highly offensive opinions.

and wtf when have you ever seen an Alpha like that.
    Serious? Every single ESE, LII and ILE I have ever come across has been distinctly tuned into news and politics

The Creators/Systematizers (-Ti/+Te in ego, -Fe/+Fi agenda) INTj; ENTp; ISTp; ESTj

This group is the producers of ideas in the world. The intuitive types introduce and implement new and extraordinary ideas. The sensing types attempt to produce and implement ways to be economical. This group can be very analytical, they analyze the situation and put the best idea into production. This group tries to break things apart and analyze them as them are at their deepest core. This group can be very rude, as its their functional need to be sarcastic and mean to people. In the intuitive types though, social anxiety can get in the way of this. This group wants to love and be happy. This group has a hard time appearing happy to the people around them. They are hardly ever completely nice to people.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    Yeah okay, I can see SLE, but he still has the demeanor of an IJ imo.
    He has the "demeanor" of an SLE-Ti 3w2: ambitious, forceful, unpredictable, impulsive, driven, ruthless, and deeply insecure of his connection with others because his sense of self-worth is derived from concrete accomplishments, so he persistently rejects these connections until his actions can speak for him; for his desire to connect. SLE 3s are insanely tragic.

Under cerulean skies...

Creepy-male

^You're mistyping people then. None of my activators, duals, or mirrors are at all like what you're describing, from my point of view. Calm down, I'm just trying to understand where you're coming from, even if it seemingly contradicts my own experience.

The extratims can be very social, yes, but none of them ever seem to really care about anything other than whatever their own "world" is, even though that can intersect with current affairs. I have an ESE friend who is pretty much my portal into the happening stuff in the world around me, especially when it comes to MMOs, because he obviously keeps himself up to date in the world where I... really don't.

Look, just compare any ILE and any LSE. LSEs tend to be really tuned toward "social issues", doing right in the world, trying to change perceived injustices, etc, etc; Ryu is an example on this very board. ILEs OTOH are more like disconnected researchers. I have never really heard an ILE talk or show an orientation to anything other than what is personally relevant to them, either through being a part of their world directly, or just through curiosity. Those +/- definitions aren't kosher socionics either and are already suspect just based on the descriptions.

This pattern also supports SEIs being typically the "own drumbeat" types without making them the odd one out of Alpha quadra. SEIs are characteristically not a part of any kind of world other than their own, and they're one of the types that very typically makes their own world and their own life and lives that largely without any kind of interest in or influence from outside, especially especially especially "society".

You can't just use extremely logically flimsy "reasoning" and then claim that that's superior to reality, or more correct. That's not how it works.

I'm still allowing for the possibility that we're either miscommunicating or framing things different. From my P.O.V. the distinction between how Deltas actively criticise society and Alphas are basically running in a parallel universe to it is very clear.

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Egbert Human View Post
    ^You're mistyping people then. None of my activators, duals, or mirrors are at all like what you're describing, from my point of view. Calm down, I'm just trying to understand where you're coming from, even if it seemingly contradicts my own experience. The extratims can be very social, yes, but none of them ever seem to really care about anything other than whatever their own "world" is, even though that can intersect with current affairs. I have an ESE friend who is pretty much my portal into the happening stuff in the world around me, especially when it comes to MMOs, because he obviously keeps himself up to date in the world where I... really don't.

Look, just compare any ILE and any LSE. LSEs tend to be really tuned toward "social issues", doing right in the world, trying to change perceived injustices, etc, etc; Ryu is an example on this very board. ILEs OTOH are more like disconnected researchers. I have never really heard an ILE talk or show an orientation to anything other than what is personally relevant to them, either through being a part of their world directly, or just through curiosity. Those +/- definitions aren't kosher socionics either and are already suspect just based on the descriptions.

This pattern also supports SEIs being typically the "own drumbeat" types without making them the odd one out of Alpha quadra. SEIs are characteristically not a part of any kind of world other than their own, and they're one of the types that very typically makes their own world and their own life and lives that largely without any kind of interest in or influence from outside, especially especially especially "society".

You can't just use extremely logically flimsy "reasoning" and then claim that that's superior to reality, or more correct. That's not how it works.

I'm still allowing for the possibility that we're either miscommunicating or framing things different. From my P.O.V. the distinction between how Deltas actively criticise society and Alphas are basically running in a parallel universe to it is very clear.
    It's because you're taking Social Analyst too literally. I'm not creating a new perspective, I'm applying a label to something that already goes on.

I'm not referring to Alpha going against or with current Social norms. Or if Alpha is the quadra in the streets campaigning for reforms.

I'm referring to the way they interact on a daily basis. Alpha/Delta are the most social quadras on a functional level(+Fi/-Fe). That has been acknowledged. But Alpha is the quadra of innovation, they start things. The whole point of this argument is to bring it back to how Goku is:

too peaceful for Alpha.
    It's Socionics common knowledge that Alpha - Beta - Gamma - Delta, with Delta being Stabilization, which can be another way to say peaceful.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Alphas run parallel to society is correct.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He has the "demeanor" of an SLE-Ti 3w2: ambitious, forceful, unpredictable, impulsive, driven, ruthless, and deeply insecure of his connection with others because his sense of self-worth is derived from concrete accomplishments, so he persistently rejects these connections until his actions can speak for him; for his desire to connect. SLE 3s are insanely tragic.
    Okay, that makes sense.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Out of curiousity, which enneatype derives it's sense of self-worth solely from the stated opinions of others?
    4w5 sp/sx

Please, direct all questioning of my self-typing to this thread. Thank you.

Creepy-male

we should come up with a random type generator and a script and determine what correlation this board has in terms of typings... I bet it a pretty weak correlation maybe like 0.1 or something, mostly random, no consistency....

we could also do this with self typings lol then weight peoples typings based off of this and see an increase in correlation or something.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I remember DBZ.

Goku- Si-ISTp

Vegeta- Ni-ENFj

Gohan-? INFp

Shishi- Te-ESTj

Frieza- Ni-ENFj

Trunks- ? ENFp

Piccolo-Ti-ISTj

Bulma-? ENFp

Nappa-? ISTj

Thats my impartial typing of the characters from DBZ. There are others but I either dont know their type or havent watched the show in too long.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How can anyone possibly think Goku is anything besides SEE? It's the most obvious typing ever.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Goku - SEE
    Vegeta - LSI > SLE
    Master Roshi - ILE
    Piccolo - LSI
    Krillin - Se - PoLR
    Yamcha - EIE

I agree with all these.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eh...I spose Vegeta could be LSI; if so then maybe 3w4>3w2. But he's so unpredictable and impulsive; definitely Se sub if he's LSI, but I personally think SLE-Ti works best, he seems extroverted to me.

He was always my favorite...

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Goku

I know a couple SEE's and they have difficulty tieing in the events that happen to the reasons why they did. Goku always knows whats up, and is usually on point with prediciting future events based on specific occurences that have happened.

I see IEE. Goku will miss the obvious details that are right in front of him, and have a humble chuckle at it. Maybe apologize to bulma for missing something that is so clearly apparent to the group. But he almost never misses signs of foreboding danger.

Also, Him and Piccolo dont have a Dual Relationship. I think A Mirage relationship more accurate characterizes their viewpoints toward each other.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm gonna go back and say Vegeta is LSI. Talked to Pirate about it and I agree that he's too confident in his goals and too ruthless and unwavering to be SLE. SLEs have far more doubts and uncertainties, I think, though they're still a lot better at here-and-now sort of stuff.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eh...I spose Vegeta could be LSI; if so then maybe 3w4>3w2. But he's so unpredictable and impulsive; definitely Se sub if he's LSI, but I personally think SLE-Ti works best, he seems extroverted to me.

He was always my favorite...
    Pirate stressed very strongly that I remind him of Vegeta a great deal. The similarities he described were "arrogance, ruthlessness, straightline behavior and emphasis on crushing the opponent." So it sort of confuses the subtype question.

Only bumping this because of the talk with Pirate. Sorry to be annoying.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    Goku - SEE
    Vegeta - LSI > SLE
    Master Roshi - ILE
    Piccolo - LSI
    Krillin - Se - PoLR
    Yamcha - EIE

I agree with all these.
    I agree with these too, except Krillin as Se-polr doesn't seem right. Always saw him as ISXp. I'd say:

Krillin - ISFp
    Gohan - INFj
    Ten Shin Han - ESTj
    Chiaotzu - IEE
    Chi-chi - ESI
    Midget witch with crystal ball - LSI - Judge Judy subtype

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

*Bump*

I loved this show as a young teen ! Anyways, even though I agree with most of Gilly's typings, I disagree with some of the typings. Here are my typings of the characters:

Goku: SEE-Fi - No doubt, as SEE as they come, Goofy and amiable most of the time, but can bring serious pain to those he feels deserve it. Can be extremely motivated and determined to protect the ones he loves.
    Gohan: IEE-Ne - The way he gets angry and powerful for short immediate bursts is quite reminiscient of IEEs. Also his IEEness is quite obvious in the Buu saga when he gets older and less shy.
    Piccolo: SLI-Si - Clearly Gohan's dual and fits the SLI mold quite well.
    Krillin: ESI-Se
    Chichi: ESE-Fe
    Roshi: ILE-Ne
    Bulma: EIE-Ni
    Yamcha: EIE-Fe
    Tien - LSE-Te
    Chiatzu - IEE-Fi
    Vegeta: LSI-Se - Strikes me as too strict and organized to be an SLE, so LSI would be a better fit.
    Nappa - SLE-Se
    Future Trunks - IEI-Ni
    Frieza: ILI-Ni
    Kami: EII-Fi
    King Kai - EIE-Fe
    Mr. Popo: EII-Ne
    Cell - LIE-Ni
    Android 17 - IEI-Fe
    Android 18 - EIE-Ni
    Android 16 - SEI-Si
    Ginyu Force - Alpha
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

can goku be IEE-Fi?
    anyway I like more this version

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Goku - SLE
    Gohan - EII
    Piccolo - ILI (I think he's an Se valuer)
    Vegeta - LSI
    Krillin - ESI (he's an entirely different character in the Abridged series though, comes off as an SEI)
    Roshi - ILE
    Tien - SLI
    Future Trunks - SEE
    Frieza - EIE (Beta as fuck)
    Cell - SLE
    Mr. Satan - ILE

I don't get the ESI typing for Chi-Chi.

I can see people typing Goku as an ESE because of the original Funimation dub editing his dialogues to make him look like Superman, he didn't let villains go because of mercy, he let them go because he wanted to fight them again, what made me choose SLE over SEE was his treatment of Gohan during the Cell Games and his interaction with Piccolo while Gohan was fighting Cell. I feel his reputation for being a bad father comes from his Fi polr, how he made Gohan fight Cell without even considering Gohan's feelings about the situation, not knowing what he wanted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aDcWucKFjA
    Last edited by Phantom; 10-25-2015 at 12:17 PM.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Goku IMO is pure IEE. Some might assume him to be Se base because he is a fighter looking for challenges but his general demeanor is more of an IEEs. He is too light-hearted for SEE. He also shows his Si-seeking quite blatantly, remember how much he loves it when Chi-Chi makes him food?

Piccolo is strict, disciplined and introverted. This becomes especially clear when he trains gohan. Textbook LSI-Se.

Vegeta is SLE-Ti. He may seem IJ-ish but that actually fits with SLEs as their holographic panoramic cognitive style can make them seem that way. Compare him to piccolo and the p/j difference becomes obvious.

Frieza is an EIE gone bad. Very pronounced Se-HA.

Yamcha is also EIE but not as fucked up as Frieza is.

Roshi is a pervy Fi polr ILE-Ne.

Cell is ILE-Ti. Likes to play around with his opponents in creative ways.

Tien SLI probably.

That's all I got for now.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Goku SLE-Ti (Fi polr = doesn't give a shit about his family but everyone loves him. An organizer and a leader. Unpredictable. Calm and strategic.)
    Gohan EIE-Fe (emotional, but serious: single-minded, with a strong hidden power)
    Vegeta SLI-Te (irrational, stubborn, but efficient. Doesn't follow rules nor fits in society)
    Piccolo SLI-Si (same, but way more relaxed.)
    Krillin ESI-Se (protective, strong, correct)

Bulma IEE-Ne (Vegeta's dual. Crazy, unpredictable, emotional.)

Trunks LSI-Ti (Calm, serious, focused, responsible, cool-headed)
    Goten SEI-Fe (Soft, childish, emotional but composed)

Chi Chi LSI-Se (Serious, stubborn, aggressive, demanding. Goku's Mirror - Not healthy relationship)
    Videl LSI-Se
    (Serious, stubborn, aggressive. Gohan's Dual)

Future Gohan EIE-Fe
    Future Trunks LSI-Ti (Nice dual relationship of a mature EIE mentoring and protecting a young LSI)

Tien LSI-Ti (Serious, focused, calm)
    Yamcha EIE-Ni (Unpredictable, Don Juan, brave, focused)

------------------------------------------------------------------

Nappa SEE-Se (Impulsive, aggressive, little thinking)

Freeza EIE-Ni (Strategist, manipulative, power-seeking)

Broly SEE-Se (Impulsive, aggressive, little thinking)

Cell LIE-Te (Farsighted, analytical, logical, power-seeking)

Majin Buu ESI-Se (Angry, aggressive, little thinking)

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Raver View Post
    *Bump*

I loved this show as a young teen ! Anyways, even though I agree with most of Gilly's typings, I disagree with some of the typings. Here are my typings of the characters:

Goku: SEE-Fi - No doubt, as SEE as they come, Goofy and amiable most of the time, but can bring serious pain to those he feels deserve it. Can be extremely motivated and determined to protect the ones he loves.
    Gohan: IEE-Ne - The way he gets angry and powerful for short immediate bursts is quite reminiscient of IEEs. Also his IEEness is quite obvious in the Buu saga when he gets older and less shy.
    Piccolo: SLI-Si - Clearly Gohan's dual and fits the SLI mold quite well.
    Krillin: ESI-Se
    Chichi: ESE-Fe
    Bulma: EIE-Ni
    Tien - LSE-Te
    Chiatzu - IEE-Fi
    Vegeta: LSI-Se - Strikes me as too strict and organized to be an SLE, so LSI would be a better fit.
    Nappa - SLE-Se
    Future Trunks - IEI-Ni
    Frieza: ILI-Ni
    Kami: EII-Fi
    King Kai - EIE-Fe
    Cell - LIE-Ni
    Android 17 - IEI-Fe
    Android 18 - EIE-Ni
    Android 16 - SEI-Si
    Ginyu Force - Alpha
    Goku: ESE-Fe
    Gohan: EII-Fi
    Piccolo: SLI-Si or ILI-Te
    Krillin: LII-Ne
    Chichi: ESI-Fi
    Bulma: SEE-Se
    Tien - LSI-Se
    Chiatzu - IEE-Fi
    Vegeta: SLE-Ti
    Nappa - ESE-Si
    Future Trunks - LSE-Te
    Frieza: LSI-Se or IEI-Ni
    Kami: SLI-Te
    King Kai - IEE-Ne
    Cell - EIE-Ni
    Android 17 - IEI-Fe
    Android 18 - SLE-Ti
    Android 16 - SEI-Si
    Ginyu Force - Alpha
    Last edited by mclane; 11-24-2016 at 07:31 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Son Goku - SEE (IEE?)
    Bulma - LIE
    Kame-Sennin - LII-Ne
    Yamcha - ???
    Kuririn - SEI
    Tenshinhan - SLI
    Piccolo - ILI-Ni
    Son Gohan - EII-Fi
    Vegeta - SLE-Ti
    Chaotzu - ???
    Chi-Chi - ESI-Fi
    Yajirobe - SLI-Si
    Piccolo Daimao - ILI-Te?
    Freeza - Hard one... LIE-Ni? ILE? IEI?
    Baba Uranai - ILI
    Dende - IEI-Ni
    Dr. Briefs - ILE-Ti
    Ginyu Force (all of them) - ESE
    Grandpa Gohan - SEI?
    Kaio - ILI?
    Kami - IEI-Fe?
    Mr. Popo - SEI?
    Nappa - SEE
    Raditz - LSI-Se
    Tao Pai Pai - LSI
    Zarbon - EIE

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by male View Post
    That's Delta.

This is one of my favorite posts on this site. Searched for it for hella long, didn't think I would find it in a Dragon Ball Z thread.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Knight View Post
    Out of curiousity, which enneatype derives it's sense of self-worth solely from the stated opinions of others?
    4w3, or 3w4 I would think. Off chance that 2w1 or 1w2 can be like that.

3, Self image is based on how others see you. Energy directed towards creating that image, prioritized heavier than actually being that person if no one knows it.
    4, high level of energy focused on yourself, energy directed at "who you are" internally rather than "you are" what you do.

Based on theory alone, this fits you question the most.

2w1 or 1w2, having the desire to do things for people to have others view them fondly as a 2, and 1 being perfectionistic could fall into the neurotic pitfall of needing to be "perfect" for others to love them, or if others see their "perfection" then they have value. Though I'm not sure which of 1w2 or 2w1 aligns with which of those listed in this paragraph.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Dragon Ball Z was like a soap opera for teenage males" - Amazing Atheist.

I never really got into the show that much.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh and for what it's worth, my posts on this thread were my first on this site. My opinion on alot of these has since changed.

Cool to see my thought process back then.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Dragonball Super:

Goku - SEE
    Vegeta - SLE
    Gohan - IEE
    Piccolo - SLI
    Krillin - ESI
    Bulma - EIE
    Freeza - ILI
    Future Trunks - EII
    Android 17 - IEI
    Android 18 - SLI
    Whis - EIE
    Beerus - SLE
    Hit - SLI
    Jiren - ILI
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

best show ever

video I made on youtube lol:

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do think Krillin in DB is completely different than he is in DBZ

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What type are Beerus and Whis?

Japanese dub:

Last edited by suedehead; 04-03-2018 at 06:39 PM.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSI - IEI or LII - SEI

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Other characters introduced in Dragon Ball Super:

Hit: SLI
    Zamasu: EIE
    Gowasu: Delta
    Kale: IEI
    Caulifla: Se-base
    Cabba: Fi-IEE
    Jiren: SLI or Se-creative
    Toppo: LSE
    Champa: Se-SEE
    Last edited by suedehead; 04-03-2018 at 07:49 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast