Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Se-Ego Type Reservation

Creepy-Snaps

Default Se-Ego Type Reservation

I wasn't sure what better to call this thread. I've noticed, it seems Se-egos are more likely to with-hold their opinion regarding someone else's socionics type.

I get the impression that @lungs doesn't openly discuss how she classifies others, nor does it seem she particularly cares for classification. She self-types ESI as far as I know.

@dolphin doesn't seem to call out what other people's types are, instead maintaining a 'light' atmosphere. She self-types SEE.

@squark doesn't seem crazy about expressing their opinion. LSI.

Ananke back in the day, from 2 years ago, SLE, also seemed to keep her opinion to herself, only expressing it when asked.

Let's contrast these 4 people to Se-POLR. @Maritsa Darmandzhyan is one of the most vocal people in expressing her typing of other people. She self-types EII. @Subterranean is fairly willing to express his typings of others, and also @Marie84. Both self-type EII.

@tcaudilllg seems more-than-ready to express his opinion on many subjects, also self-types LII, Se-POLR. @Ryan quite often shares his open opinion of others' types, and also @Crispy, who both also self-type LII.

BUT MOUNTAINDEW/SNAPS, WHOEVER YOU ARE, DO YOU HAVE ANY NUMBERS TO BACK UP YOUR CLAIMS?

Yes, I actually put some time/thought into this. According to the 16types Typing Spreadsheet, as of July 5th, 2012, there are 40 people, listed in the 1st row, who openly share there opinions of everyone else's types. Of those 40 people, only @woofwoofl and @Bardia, whose type-consensus are SEE and ESI respectively (type-consensus being defined as not just self-typing, but the plurality of people's opinions being a single type), are the only 2 Se-egos to share their views of others.

2/40= 5%. Only 5% of people who share their opinions of everyone's types are Se-egos. Is this statistically significant? Is this due to a lack of Se-egos on the forum?

Again, let's look at the Members' Spreadsheet. I counted 30 people out of 242 contributors whose consensus type, the plurality vote of people’s opinions, is Se-ego. NOT INCLUDED in those 30 are the following who self-type Se-ego, but whose consensus type are different:
    Jessica129 self-types as Beta ST, but the consensus for her type is SLI.
    Joy self-types there as SLE, but the consensus is ESE.
    Liveandletlive self-types SEE, but the consensus is ESE.
    Scapegrace / Garmon self-types ESI, but nobody confirms that.
    ScarlettLux types there as SEE, but the consensus is EIE.
    Uwace self-types as SLE, but the consensus is IEI.
    Myself, as I self-type LSI, but the consensus stands ESE.

Still, that being said, 30/242 is 12.4%.
    12.4% of the forum is Se-ego, (theoretically, if all types were split evenly, and all types were attracted to an online forum evenly, you would expect 25% for Se-ego), and only 5% openly express their opinion of everyone’s types.
    If the forum had 20% Se-egos, and only 10% shared their opinion, you would say Se-egos were ‘half’ as likely to share their opinion, or 20/10= 200%, or twice as likely to with-hold their opinion of others types.

In our case, you could say we have 12.4% Se-egos, of which 5% shared their open opinion, so 12.4/5=2.48. You could say Se-egos are two and a half times, or 250%, as likely to keep their opinions regarding others’ types to themselves, as opposed to the average forum member.

Why don't I contribute to the typing thread? Well, I must ask, why? These won’t be everyone’s reasons, but these are my personal opinions:

1) Would reveal too much of my own inner thoughts toward others, and same/opposite quadra bias. Typing someone as my dual feels like an 'I like you' popularity contest.
    2) If my typing of someone and their self-typing mismatch, it could create unnecessary drama.
    3) If my typing of someone matches their self-typing, it 'proves' my knowledge of socionics more, and I feel no need to prove myself.

Se-egos, do you relate to any of these 3 reasons above?

Se-egos could be more likely to express their opinions in other ways, but perhaps with sharing their typing of other people, it can feel more personal and complicated.

Everyone else, have you noticed this tendency for Se-egos to with-hold their opinions of socionics typing as well? Do you think there is a correlation? Is there some part of my analysis I overlooked, that would lead you to believe Se-egos are NOT 250% more likely to with-hold their opinion of others' types? Was the sample size too small, n=40 for expressing opinions of others' types, to give a true indication of Se-egos?

Let me know what you think.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm reluctant to throw typings out there and i have publicly advised people to lower the precision of their typing statements at various points.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i have no idea if theres actually anything to this or not, but hey you have numbers!

i think i throw out typings more often than some of the other Se egos you mentioned but my impressions are often pretty visceral and comparison-based and if i try to delve into justifications and theory i become painfully aware that its just building castles in the sky and i feel ridiculous about it.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Now, why do you think Se eqo types have this reservation? I certainly don't. LOL
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edited for gayness - watever.
    Last edited by strangeling; 07-20-2012 at 08:19 PM.
    good bye

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Snaps View Post
    Jessica129 self-types as Beta ST, but the consensus for her type is SLI.
    I'm pretty sure she "converted" to SLI a while ago.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    i have no idea if theres actually anything to this or not, but hey you have numbers!
    Ye, he does. Some math and everything becomes credible.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Ye, he does. Some math and everything becomes credible.
    it makes it a little more interesting than other correlation threads that either reference people the poster knows irl and we don't or are just out of thin air. as for credibility, i dunno.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

it makes it a little more interesting than other correlation threads that either reference people the poster knows irl and we don't or are just out of thin air. as for credibility, i dunno.
    There's no credibility at all. Taken into account some of the people he mentioned were not typed the way they have been before adhering to some consensus is just hilarious. Take the recent "who am I, what am I doing here DJ thread."

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

There's no credibility at all. Taken into account some of the people he mentioned were not typed the way they have been before adhering to some consensus is just hilarious. Take the recent "who am I, what am I doing here DJ thread."
    well yeah i mean theres the whole typology being bullshit thing but you kind of have to set that aside to even play the game in the first place.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

well yeah i mean theres the whole typology being bullshit thing but you kind of have to set that aside to even play the game in the first place.
    I didn't mean that, what I meant was how can one trust some numbers referenced to some spreadsheet when members in it defy the notion of a consensus to begin with

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I didn't mean that, what I meant was how can one trust some numbers referenced to some spreadsheet when members in it defy the notion of a consensus to begin with
    i know, i was just following that thread to my own conclusions

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

i know, i was just following that thread to my own conclusions
    Cool.

Well then, I'm going to leave Mountain Dew with his hypotheses which are quite inconclusive for I know how some of those people have been typed by "broader" community in the past that was hailed consensus, which later on changed to consensus no.2, consensus no.3 and so on.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I don't have any typings on that list.

I think you'll find some irrationals may have a tendency to keep their judgments close to the vest so to speak. I don't think the cause is likely to be influenced.

From what I can tell of my limited analysis of the data that's avaliable, valuers, rationals have the highest quantity of typings.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan View Post
    Now, why do you think Se eqo types have this reservation? I certainly don't. LOL
    But you certainly should. =)))))
    Other types are more confident about "building castles in the sky" (as per lung) because that is what they practice doing and not just rely on things they (Se)e.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    From what I can tell of my limited analysis of the data that's avaliable, valuers, rationals have the highest quantity of typings.
    That means they're very keen on typing people.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

That means they're very keen on typing people.
    Maybe some people like lists...

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    Maybe some people like lists...
    Maybe I am a tiger...

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

As for me, I took a shit ton of time, busted my brains out over theory, got some solid typings down that way, then looked for commonalities between those typings in all sorts of ways by shit tons of dichotomies; looked at videos, looked at pics, kept in mind commonalities in the way they talk, what their eyes do, all sorts of shit like that, much of which I'm currently incapable of putting into words because it's a raw vibe thing. It's to the point now where I just look at a person for a while and I got a type down. Minimal thinking involved. Boom, I got a type, time to check it against the other types I've typed, and it gets easier and easier.

I've yet to nail down these visual cues for Enneagram, and I'll have to do a shit ton of foundational work to get to that point where I can just rattle off types and move on to the next...

And really my interest isn't in any inherent typings, which I want people to put forth the effort to warp if not transcend, but in IE/Reinin/whatever related atmospheres in terms of places/groups/etc., like with rock music leaning largely Aristocratic, with the subset of classic rock being Delta as fuck, shit like that...
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Niffweed types a lot. Everyone else PALES in comparison.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

these kinds of threads that socioanalyze the people on the forum (socionics, sociology, whatever) are my favorite. i think there should be more like it. but i have trouble coming up with ideas for threads along this vein that aren't blatantly shit-stirring and embarassing lol. if anybody has ideas but is shy about it pm me and i could be your ghostwriter or something. seriously.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm sure as hell I'm not touching that spreadshit, not anymore.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

are you mad?

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Niffweed types a lot. Everyone else PALES in comparison.
    He still ain't got no type for me! what the fuck Niffweed
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

are you mad?
    I'm not

Quote Originally Posted by woofwoofl View Post
    He still ain't got no type for me! what the fuck Niffweed
    He had you as SEE.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Snaps View Post
    Why don't I contribute to the typing thread? Well, I must ask, why? These won’t be everyone’s reasons, but these are my personal opinions:

1) Would reveal too much of my own inner thoughts toward others, and same/opposite quadra bias. Typing someone as my dual feels like an 'I like you' popularity contest.
    2) If my typing of someone and their self-typing mismatch, it could create unnecessary drama.
    3) If my typing of someone matches their self-typing, it 'proves' my knowledge of socionics more, and I feel no need to prove myself.
    not Se-ego but, i'm not that interested in putting up a typelist because of reason #2 given above, and because my typings may simply be very well wrong. reasons #1 and #3 sound very foreign to me; i don't type people for political reasons nor to prove anything to anyone.

it's interesting to look at others' typelists however.

actually, i think hearing people's reasons for choosing or not choosing to create public typelists would be an interesting topic on its own.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i've been waiting to see what aestrivex will type woofie! @woofwoofl you should talk to him.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ye, woofwoofl, you should.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glam View Post
    actually, i think hearing people's reasons for choosing or not choosing to create public typelists would be an interesting topic on its own.
    for the most part i just take peoples' self-typings for granted unless something strange really strikes me to the contrary. socionics is such a part of my thought process that i certainly NOTICE things as i interact with people, but i don't usually actively analyze so a lot of the typings that i'd have on a list would just be kind of taken-for-granted, lazy typings.

also whenever i get into one of my wtf-why-do-i-even-bother-with-this-shit moods i'd feel like an asshole for having a list and so its easier to just not have one in the first place.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

for the most part i just take peoples' self-typings for granted unless something strange really strikes me to the contrary. socionics is such a part of my thought process that i certainly NOTICE things as i interact with people, but i don't usually actively analyze so a lot of the typings that i'd have on a list would just be kind of taken-for-granted, lazy typings.
    I have never made a list, be it a grocery list, sociotype list and so on, that is, what can be called a list is in my head in the form I have to do this and that, be here and there. In real life I mean.

What is this strange thing you're talking about that makes you change your mind?

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

What is this strange thing you're talking about that makes you change your mind?
    eh?

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

eh?
    Strange that you actually go against the grain.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Esaman View Post
    But you certainly should. =)))))
    Other types are more confident about "building castles in the sky" (as per lung) because that is what they practice doing and not just rely on things they (Se)e.
    or because I love people and enjoy figuring them out.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well it makes sense. Se-egos are paying more attention to the objective form of things then of the essence behind the form. They are dual seeking that but aren't producing much of it themselves. They're able to live fully and be happy & cheerful to an extent, but they crave other people being insightful for them. They probably help cure some of the Ni-ego's narcissism by showing them how their insights are going too far in a way that they will generally absorb.

Also when the Ni-ego works at it, they can produce and learn Se themselves (it just takes effort and they don't lose themselves). Likewise, the Se-ego can learn insight. However I still think a large part of this is them picking up social patterns and behaviors from people that they've enjoyed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is the biggest differences between Se and Te?

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    Well it makes sense. Se-egos are paying more attention to the objective form of things then of the essence behind the form. They are dual seeking that but aren't producing much of it themselves. They're able to live fully and be happy & cheerful to an extent, but they crave other people being insightful for them. They probably help cure some of the Ni-ego's narcissism by showing them how their insights are going too far in a way that they will generally absorb.

Also when the Ni-ego works at it, they can produce and learn Se themselves (it just takes effort and they don't lose themselves). Likewise, the Se-ego can learn insight. However I still think a large part of this is them picking up social patterns and behaviors from people that they've enjoyed.
    Yeah, I guess if you take Se as only for what it represents abstractly, that does make sense (minus Ni being narcissistic and Se being objective, because that word has many meanings, some contradictory). What do you think about Ne and Si then? In my opinion, I guess with that too, if you go by the nature of what Si represents, Si types would probably find the theory completely circumstantial to what it means to them. I guess Ne would abstract socionics as a way to create meaning for them and others.
    good bye

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're all too stupid to know your own type.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scapegrace View Post
    You're all too stupid to know your own type.
    But thats how you know you're an Se ego.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

funny thread. actually I think there's something to this in general. Perhaps Se ego is more reserved in expressing their opinions period. All of the ones I know, keep their opinions pretty close to them and don't reveal things easily. Only when they feel like they trust the person they're speaking with. They're observers. I'm thinking of the SLEs, LSIs and ESIs I know. It's not that they don't have opinions, but the SLE reserves the right to change his opinion, and the introverts hold the opinion perhaps more steadily but don't feel the need to express it.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast