Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: home beauty remedies

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default home beauty remedies

i just rinsed a raw oatmeal and honey mixture off my face and now i'm snacking on the leftover. i can't speak for the long-term benefits but my face feels really taut and smooth right now. i don't remember the recipe i came across but it was just the two ingredients so i just tossed them together and i'm guessing it probably only matters for the sake of the texture because it was kind of lumpy and i glopped it on awkwardly, lol.

last weekend i made a homemade sugar wax for hair removal. it went like this:
    -2 cups brown sugar
    -1 cup lemon juice
    -1 cup water
    boil and then simmer
    (http://www.ehow.com/way_5775253_homemade-sugar-wax.html)

it didn't turn out very well for me but there was a lot of user error involved because it was my first time and i had never even waxed before. i'm confident that it will work out much better next time. some things i learned (most of which you probably know if you've ever waxed at all):
    1. it had to simmer for a lot longer than i expected. if it spreads really thin and doesn't take out any hair when you pull it off, it means that it just isn't finished- put it back in the pan and simmer it longer.
    2. it should go on pretty thick. well, thicker than i thought at first, anyway.
    3. don't try spreading it with your fingers. this is probably obvious, i know. but...yeah. i got desperate and used a spoon but the hardcore home remedy people keep popsicle sticks on hand, i guess.
    4. i had read about people cutting up old shirts to pull the wax off with, which i'm sure is a really good idea, but i went ahead and cut up an old tank top which was not such a good idea. don't use material that stretches. lmao.

WHAT ARE YOUR EXPERIENCES WITH HOME BEAUTY STUFF?

i once tried to make wax but i put more water and it got crystallized.when i got it off the fire, i tasted it. i had burns in my mouth for a few days.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

lol

yeah it was a reflex

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I LOVE this topic!

One of my favorite home beauty treatments is actually to mix cinnamon into a good size dollop of honey, spread a medium layer over the face, let it sit for about 15-20 minutes and then wash off. As you wash it off it actually acts as an amazing scrub too.

ooh i haven't done this in a while! my face def needs it!
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh another couple of treatments:

1. Turmeric + chickpea flour 1:1 ratio, adjust , liquified in milk (or water). Spread over face, let sit until dries, wash off in the shower. You wont look jaundiced I promise.

2. Crushed papaya - smear over face/body, let sit for about 15 minutes, wash off. Papaya has a lot of enzymes that will help exfoliate dead skin. Dont leave it on too long though, because it could eat a little too much and irritate.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One more:

Powdered clay mud mixed with apple cider vinegar to make a thin paste +/- a couple drops of neem oil. Spread over face, let dry, wash off.

"Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post

WHAT ARE YOUR EXPERIENCES WITH HOME BEAUTY STUFF?
    For better skin:

- Take it easy with the wheat (avoid pasta)

- Eat walnuts. They make your skin smoother in no time. Don't believe me? Try it!

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nowisthetime View Post
    Take it easy with the wheat (avoid pasta)
    I think this is a good idea in general.

If you have a sore throat / stuffed up ears / similar:
    Mix one part cayenne pepper and one part ginger powder. I store it in one of those little spice jars and keep it in my bathroom near the medicines. Take a pinch or two and sprinkle it into the back of your throat, tilting your head WAY back and aiming for your ear canals if possible/needed. If you don't want your mouth feeling like it's on fire, avoid your actual mouth and tongue... Swallow a few times to get it spread around.

My mother gave me this recipe. She calls it "Blasting Powder."
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've tried body sugaring a few times but I usually only end up with a huge mess and no results. I'm glad it washes off of everything so easily
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

applying a thin layer of honey (antibacterial and all) one your face and then spread a pinch of baking soda makes a grreat scrub.i've also used crashed aspirin instead of baking soda but it's harsher whereas the soda is more homogenous.i've also tried salt water on oily areas and it works but the first time ,i did this after the scrubbing process and i woke up with wounds on my nose.
    i guess that the scrub with the cinnamon and the honey is more like a wash than a scrub since cinnamon is so soft.i mean you can apply it daily without scarring the skin or sth.sounds good =o

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Have you tried salads? Pretty light and fulfilling.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(idk if everyone knows this already but I'm posting it anyways) To clean my makeup brushes, I put dish soap on one side of a plate, and olive oil on the other. Then I swish the brushes around the plate and rinse them off. It works really well.

Creepy-female

Quote Originally Posted by Fireyed View Post
    Extra virgin olive oil makes a great cleanser and moisturizer (if you don't mind smelling like a salad)
    This might go without saying, but don't do this if your skin doesn't like oil. I've tried this and even got the special DHC olive oil cleanser. It made my skin feel nice and soothed but it also made me break out.

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I find it.. darkly ironic that these are called "remedies." The stuff of a smirk to oneself in the night. This mostly applies to the scrubs etc rather than the Cayenne pepper tip and other more medicinal or tool maintenance recipes.
    Reason is a whore.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I use honey on my face, but not just any honey, I use raw honey, the one that's very tough and solid like; it moisturizes my face and keeps me from breaking out and heals break outs fast.

-
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Creepy-female

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan View Post
    I use honey on my face, but not just any honey, I use raw honey, the one that's very tough and solid like; it moisturizes my face and keeps me from breaking out and heals break outs fast.

I'm not sure if I wanna put this on my face or swim in it.

Creepy-bg

I like to smear bacon grease on my taint. no reason.

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, if you have oiler skin & tend to breakout easily, witch hazel makes a great toner & spot treatment.
    For the guys: Witch hazel also makes an excellent aftershave. It doesn't burn or dry out your skin like the alcohol-based aftershaves most guys use or traditional alum, but it still has the same antiseptic and astringent properties. I haven't had any breakouts since I started using it.

Other tips:
    - Green tea is a great remedy for eye infections. You can just squeeze some into your eye with a teabag once every hour. The caffeine constricts the blood vessels and reduces redness, but I also find that it helps speed healing from the infection. Usually, it clears up within the day using this method.
    - Don't shower with really hot water. Use warm or cool water within a few degrees of room temperature. Hot water strips your skin and hair of moisture and also leaves you feeling de energized.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Creepy-female

Quote Originally Posted by bionicgerbil View Post
    I like to smear bacon grease on my taint. no reason.
    I like to squish it on my titties. Let's be friends!

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Extra virgin olive oil makes a great cleanser and moisturizer (if you don't mind smelling like a salad)

I LOVE the smell of EVOO.

I sometimes use it in my hair too. NOrmally i use coconut oil for my hair though, but sometimes I need a change.

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Have you tried salads? Pretty light and fulfilling.
    Not on my face though.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    I like to squish it on my titties. Let's be friends!
    This in combination with your profile pic just made me laugh hysterically!
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These food skin care ideas sound great. I will have to try some. I have used sugar as an exfoliant in the shower mixed into lathered soap.

I used to swear by Virgin Coconut Oil. I would always use it everywhere after shower, particularly in winter for my fair dry skin. Dr. Mercola recommends it highly for everything.

Then last winter I got an unexplained rash on my face and nothing would stop it. I started a special strict diet with supplementation supervised by a Naturapath, but kept up with the Coconut Oil on my face because its supposed to be so amazing for you, and I'd used it so long. I felt great on the diet, but rash came back.

My Naturapath when Q'ing me on everything said stop the Coconut oil. He said NO vegetables oils ever at all on skin, OR ever digested, with the exception of consuming Extra Virgin Olive Oil raw - never cooked. Vegetable oils clog the skin and the digestive system, he said. [and that is a beauty tip right there, because a clean digestive system makes clear skin]. He said he used virgin coconut oil on his scalp and his hair started to fall out! [so it is good for the hair, but keep it off the scalp!]. He said if you MUST use something on your skin, try butter or lard. Which I passed on. His partner did recommend for me an Essential Orange spray which is nice.

But as he told me, his diet eliminated the dry skin, even in the dead of winter. It was the best skin I have ever had. I am starting it again for the winter, and its not easy to follow particularly at first, but you do feel great on it. Besides the supplementation: minerals, probiotics, prozymes, enzymes, and lacto-flora pwdr to build things and Bentonite Clay to cleanse things and Medical Miracle Supplement (very cheap) to kill things (and I mean everything, even odors, which is nice because no deodorant is needed once you work up to a higher dose, and, I cannot get sick while I use that daily, so, I am totally well all winter, and I work in schools) - there is the unusual diet:

No carbs, no grains, no nuts, no seeds, no tubers. Never veggies and fruits in the same meal and never protein & carbs in the same meal (but carbs should be avoided anyway). Eat lots of whole milk dairy products, organic if possible (I use un-homogenized and lowest-temp pasteurization) including plenty of butter, heavy cream, sour cream and fermented foods. No oils except raw EVOO, uncooked. Only cook with butter, bacon fat or lard.

Yes, its limited. I make pizza or spaghetti as requested here and I have just the tomato sauce (I prefer a good vodka sauce). But once I get in a routine its easy because it does keep me full and feeling great. And I lose weight, which is nice.

I decided to trust this Naturapath and I am glad I did because the health, energy and beauty results were beyond anything I ever tried (and I have tried a lot). I felt so great I thought I did not need to stay with it so strict and eventually moved away from it. But i should have, so I am getting back to it with renewed dedication.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    These food skin care ideas sound great. I will have to try some. I have used sugar as an exfoliant in the shower mixed into lathered soap.

I used to swear by Virgin Coconut Oil. I would always use it everywhere after shower, particularly in winter for my fair dry skin. Dr. Mercola recommends it highly for everything.

Then last winter I got an unexplained rash on my face and nothing would stop it. I started a special strict diet with supplementation supervised by a Naturapath, but kept up with the Coconut Oil on my face because its supposed to be so amazing for you, and I'd used it so long. I felt great on the diet, but rash came back.

My Naturapath when Q'ing me on everything said stop the Coconut oil. He said NO vegetables oils ever at all on skin, OR ever digested, with the exception of consuming Extra Virgin Olive Oil raw - never cooked. Vegetable oils clog the skin and the digestive system, he said. [and that is a beauty tip right there, because a clean digestive system makes clear skin]. He said he used virgin coconut oil on his scalp and his hair started to fall out! [so it is good for the hair, but keep it off the scalp!]. He said if you MUST use something on your skin, try butter or lard. Which I passed on. His partner did recommend for me an Essential Orange spray which is nice.

But as he told me, his diet eliminated the dry skin, even in the dead of winter. It was the best skin I have ever had. I am starting it again for the winter, and its not easy to follow particularly at first, but you do feel great on it. Besides the supplementation: minerals, probiotics, prozymes, enzymes, and lacto-flora pwdr to build things and Bentonite Clay to cleanse things and Medical Miracle Supplement (very cheap) to kill things (and I mean everything, even odors, which is nice because no deodorant is needed once you work up to a higher dose, and, I cannot get sick while I use that daily, so, I am totally well all winter, and I work in schools) - there is the unusual diet:

No carbs, no grains, no nuts, no seeds, no tubers. Never veggies and fruits in the same meal and never protein & carbs in the same meal (but carbs should be avoided anyway). Eat lots of whole milk dairy products, organic if possible (I use un-homogenized and lowest-temp pasteurization) including plenty of butter, heavy cream, sour cream and fermented foods. No oils except raw EVOO, uncooked. Only cook with butter, bacon fat or lard.

Yes, its limited. I make pizza or spaghetti as requested here and I have just the tomato sauce (I prefer a good vodka sauce). But once I get in a routine its easy because it does keep me full and feeling great. And I lose weight, which is nice.

I decided to trust this Naturapath and I am glad I did because the health, energy and beauty results were beyond anything I ever tried (and I have tried a lot). I felt so great I thought I did not need to stay with it so strict and eventually moved away from it. But i should have, so I am getting back to it with renewed dedication.

The problem is that i've heard just as rave reviews about using coconut oil internally and externally, and also it's been pretty extensively studied that diets high in saturated fats (butter, lwhole milk, lard, coconut oil all included in that category) lead to atherosclerosis and cardiovascular disease such as heart attacks and strokes, such that i'm not really sure what to believe anymore.

All of these claims need to be each studied in a well-designed randomized controlled trial.

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    The problem is that i've heard just as rave reviews about using coconut oil internally and externally,
    Me too! I have seen it too. And that's what got me started using it on my skin. Which stayed soft. Though nothing ever did as much for my skin as that diet, w/ the supplements. Which included plenty of fat. (and made me lose weight, so, I feel the carbs are the fat culprit. At least for how I ate carbs before and how I then followed this diet.

... and also it's been pretty extensively studied that diets high in saturated fats (butter, whole milk, lard, coconut oil all included in that category) lead to atherosclerosis and cardiovascular disease such as heart attacks and strokes, such that i'm not really sure what to believe anymore.
    So true, and I mean to ask my Naturapath, Wil, howcome; he will tell me. It just took so much of my focus to follow the diet before the I didn't research it or ask a lot of how/why questions. I have always done my own research into what I eat and what supplements. This time I decided to follow professional Natruapath advice and researched Naturapaths and Nutritionists instead, and after much research settled on Wil Spencer (lives in next state; I consult over phone and email) whom I found online because I believed in him and because the price was right.

[and as to these studies, I have to wonder, how many of those diets high in saturated fats also included protein and carbs in the same meals? Al of them? Probably.]

He could/would explain to me all about why this diet but I put my effort into following it instead of asking the why. But this time I am going to ask more questions, get more understanding as I follow it. I just have been very involved with work these past few weeks. I did last year put a lot of effort into studying his Advanced Oxygen Therapy (his brand of Medical Miracle Supplement, and is the same thing) and I am convinced on that. I just was trusting his learning for the diet.

This time I am using his special diagnostic so if I am at risk for any of those things it will show up and also we will address them.

All of these claims need to be each studied in a well-designed randomized controlled trial.
    See this is Western Allopathic Medicine philosophy["must have controlled trials"], which are very expensive, and pretty much only the Pharmaceuticals will pay for these. I think its possible to get to the heart of health matters without extensive controlled trials... But that is just my thought, and I am not trying to sell these ideas. Just sharing.

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I give my bald dog a warm olive oil and brown sugar scrub every month. Her skin feels incredible for two weeks after.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me too! I have seen it too. And that's what got me started using it on my skin. Which stayed soft. Though nothing ever did as much for my skin as that diet, w/ the supplements. Which included plenty of fat. (and made me lose weight, so, I feel the carbs are the fat culprit. At least for how I ate carbs before and how I then followed this diet.

So true, and I mean to ask my Naturapath, Wil, howcome; he will tell me. It just took so much of my focus to follow the diet before the I didn't research it or ask a lot of how/why questions. I have always done my own research into what I eat and what supplements. This time I decided to follow professional Natruapath advice and researched Naturapaths and Nutritionists instead, and after much research settled on Wil Spencer (lives in next state; I consult over phone and email) whom I found online because I believed in him and because the price was right.

[and as to these studies, I have to wonder, how many of those diets high in saturated fats also included protein and carbs in the same meals? Al of them? Probably.]

He could/would explain to me all about why this diet but I put my effort into following it instead of asking the why. But this time I am going to ask more questions, get more understanding as I follow it. I just have been very involved with work these past few weeks. I did last year put a lot of effort into studying his Advanced Oxygen Therapy (his brand of Medical Miracle Supplement, and is the same thing) and I am convinced on that. I just was trusting his learning for the diet.

This time I am using his special diagnostic so if I am at risk for any of those things it will show up and also we will address them.

See this is Western Allopathic Medicine philosophy["must have controlled trials"], which are very expensive, and pretty much only the Pharmaceuticals will pay for these. I think its possible to get to the heart of health matters without extensive controlled trials... But that is just my thought, and I am not trying to sell these ideas. Just sharing.
    The great thing about a well-designed randomized study though is that you can see whether the effect is really there or not. The most trustworthy ones are those coming out of academia, not funded by pharma, obviously. The key word here though is well-designed (some are just not). Also you can only interpret a study for what it was designed to look at, and often what we see going on in the world of information are all these extrapolations from studies to populations that were not looked at in that study.

Otherwise, anyone can make any sort of claim and market it, and hype it up, and you just dont know whether it's real. On the contrary I am skeptical about these unproven claims, especially when touted by ONE guy - some naturopath. Empiric observations made over centuries and millenia I am willing to consider more (such as certain herbal remedies) without RCT evidence, but otherwise to me it's just hype for a business venture until proven otherwise. Someone will say something "unique" and tout it as the "next best thing", people will fall for it, pay them a lot of money (to buy their book, to get consultations, to buy their products or products they are invested in, etc) until people realize it's not really all that, or that it has some detrimental effects that aren't worth the benefits; then that someone will come up with some new cool sounding gimmick and the cycle repeats itself.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scapegrace View Post
    I give my bald dog a warm olive oil and brown sugar scrub every month. Her skin feels incredible for two weeks after.
    That sounds amazing!! what a spoiled lucky little doggie!!!

Creepy-female

This is so going in my signature.

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Skin Brushing

I just remembered a very important and also very affordable affordable beauty tip. Skin Brushing. This is recommended daily or as close to that as you can. All you need is a long-handled natural bristled brush and a bit of your time before every bath. Follow instructions properly - I will find some and give a link. Wash the brush from time to time. Always brush dry, not damp or wet skin. Then always shower afterward to wash off the dead skin (even if you can't see it) immediately after.

http://healingtools.tripod.com/skinbrush.html

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Regarding skin brushing, it can be done dry or wet. Many people with sensitivity start by using the brush in the tub or shower with soap so it slides easier as they get used to the feeling of the bristles against the skin. Then they gradually reduce the soap and water until they can do dry skin brushing.

Regarding fats/oils, I think there is a link to the solidity/fluidity of the fat/oil and temperature/activity. If the fat is solid at normal human temp, avoid. If the fat is somewhat fluid at human temp, can use in warm climates. If the fat is a nonsolid fluid fat (like olive oil or fish oil), then can be used in cold environment. But....i have questions on that regarding rancidity, so *shrugs*.

Regarding fats and arteries and such, I don't remember the details, but I recall reading a few times that having fats in the diets helps the arteries and such strengthen up and be flexible. But when fats are removed, they weaken and so have to build up plaque to keep the arteries and such open for the blood to flow through. Unfortunately, this plaque leads to stiffening of the arteries.

Regarding hair beauty 'remedy', if have oily scalp, baby powder sprinkled and brushed through the scalp can help remove much of the oils, but may lighten the hair some. A baking soda and water mix makes a decent scalp scrub but can dry out already dry or very curly hair. An apple cider vinegar and water hair rinse can help remove any of the left over bakingsodawater wash as well as soften and smooth the hair. None of these, however provide protein for the hair, but they also don't damage normal healthy hair like many shampoos do. For a little extra protein, use a thick leave in conditioner, mix with water, and spray on evenly and lightly throughout the hair, don't rinse til next shower/bath.

Also for hair, don,t wash every day. Washing removes the natural helpful oils making the scalp go into over production to replace it, and thus making the hair and scalp super oily. Instead wash once a week or so...it may take a while for the oils to even out and such. But the hair is significantly softer with the natural oils. Vinegarwater rinse won't remove enough oils to harm scalp/hair so can be used a couple times during the week. Brushing hair regularly helps pull out dirt and cloth fuzzies. Also, covering the hair when outside in smog, in garden dirt, around smokers, etc greatly helps in keeping nasty scents from attaching to the hair.

For the hair rinse we're talking something like 1tbs per 3 cups water or so. Experiment to find what works for you.

Also, if you're used to washing your hair everyday, you'll feel better if you do a gradual extending of time between washes rather than suddenly jump into once a week. The body needs time to adjust to the changes happening to it. So say, every other day. Or do a cycle of shampoo & conditioner days with no shampoo but only conditioner days.

For dry lips in winter, use olive oil or...um, i'll edit when i can access the bathroom cupboard for the other oil i use.
    For dry lips in summer, use a beeswax and oil mix (melt beeswax over stove and drizzle some oil in, mix, pour into container, let cool, and see how easy it is to smooth over skin. If not smooth enough, gently rewarm and add more oil.)

For perfumes, can make a really nice beeswax with scent oils (use ones that are safe to use on skin.) Melt the beeswax, add some of the scent oils, pour wax into a mold, let cool. When ready to use, apply a small amount of the beeswax to one of the heat zones that most perfumes are placed on the body. As the beeswax melts from body temp, the scent is released.

Edited to add: oh and a really awesome deoderant type thing are the salt stones. They kill the bacteria and create an inhospitable place for them to grow. Using regular deoderants often provides those bacteria with a food rich environment. My daughter used to constantly get complaints at her school for her body smell, particularly underarm odor. We tried everything we could to get it under control. Then we discovered the salt stones. Within a week of regular use, she had no more problem with b.o. And now she only needs to use it once or twice a week, and, of course, after a heavy workout.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Not on my face though.
    Hmm, okay. It is actually meant to go on your face.

Creepy-female

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    Edited to add: oh and a really awesome deoderant type thing are the salt stones. They kill the bacteria and create an inhospitable place for them to grow. Using regular deoderants often provides those bacteria with a food rich environment. My daughter used to constantly get complaints at her school for her body smell, particularly underarm odor. We tried everything we could to get it under control. Then we discovered the salt stones. Within a week of regular use, she had no more problem with b.o. And now she only needs to use it once or twice a week, and, of course, after a heavy workout.
    You apply it right after a shower correct?

I wanna get back to a washing my hair less routine like I had in highschool but I'm not sure if I could do it. I remember every other day working but it took my hair a couple weeks to adjust. Also diluting the shampoo with water was helpful. You just fill a shampoo sized container with water and squirt enough shampoo in there to make it bubbly. It's hard to adjust to though because it doesn't feel like it is cleaning your scalp properly.

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah so my dog is...
    ...well looked after.

People think that hairless dogs are low upkeep, but they aren't. That's why you see so many at ugly dog competitions. Skin neglect. I brush her skin too.

I used to have *horrible* dry lips until I discovered raw shaebutter. I always keep a little in an old Burt's bees lip balm tin. It works better than anything and trust me. I've tried everything. Even stuff for cracked nipples. Haha
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    You apply it right after a shower correct?

I wanna get back to a washing my hair less routine like I had in highschool but I'm not sure if I could do it. I remember every other day working but it took my hair a couple weeks to adjust. Also diluting the shampoo with water was helpful. You just fill a shampoo sized container with water and squirt enough shampoo in there to make it bubbly. It's hard to adjust to though because it doesn't feel like it is cleaning your scalp properly.
    Yes, apply after shower. It works faster when used after a fresh wash. So she Initially also had to wash underarms at school and reapply.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah so my dog is...
    ...well looked after.

People think that hairless dogs are low upkeep, but they aren't. That's why you see so many at ugly dog competitions. Skin neglect. I brush her skin too.
    poor pups

I used to have *horrible* dry lips until I discovered raw shaebutter. I always keep a little in an old Burt's bees lip balm tin. It works better than anything and trust me. I've tried everything. Even stuff for cracked nipples. Haha
    I personally cant use shaebutter on my lips...i get a fuzzy scratchy throat, no matter how little i use.
    Most lip balms do the same. I still have some troubles with beeswax, but it's very minor. No, i,m not eating it.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    poor pups

I personally cant use shaebutter on my lips...i get a fuzzy scratchy throat, no matter how little i use.
    Most lip balms do the same. I still have some troubles with beeswax, but it's very minor. No, i,m not eating it.

That's so weird. You must be allergic to something. Maybe if you get stuff without additives? I use this: http://www.nasabb.com/Unrefined-Shea...1lbs_p_11.html

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's so weird. You must be allergic to something. Maybe if you get stuff without additives? I use this: http://www.nasabb.com/Unrefined-Shea...1lbs_p_11.html
    I had a block, but it had been given to me by a friend. She,s one of those everything organic kinda of people, but she also doesnt pay much attention to anything other than that term. So who know what i was using.
    But yeah, it,s the fuzzy throat Possibly allergy thing that led me to using a very simple base for my lips.

But kewl, cuz now the readers here have options!
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, jojoba oil...i think that,s the other lip oil i sometimes use, but only a tiny tiny amount, in hot weather.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast