Thread: possible ISFp behaviour?

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default possible ISFp behaviour?

Last edited by xerx; 03-05-2008 at 04:33 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    Did you pull the idea of Socionics from thin air, did you spring it on her all at once? Or did you lead up to it, gradually, and give her time to process the information? It seems reasonable to be distrustful of something you've never heard of before. Why should she believe you just because you're telling her? Do you think there's any possibility of you coming off as arrogant to her? That would be a real turn off.

You make it sound like it's a bad thing that she's not ready to believe your (to her) perhaps far-out theory. Like she's being unreasonable or "hiding" something. I mean, "details of their personality into the open?" Not cool man. Who are you to judge her like that? I mean, are you qualified to analyze her? Are you a very good, trusted friend, or just an aquaintance?

Why are you explaining Socionics to her, anyway? Does she want to know about it? Did she express an interest in it? If so, why not just write down some info websites and give them to her to research on her own, if she wants. Otherwise, just leave it. Don't force it down her throat. No one likes that. It's not type related.

I'm not saying you're doing any of this, but without details it's hard to tell. You're not really acknowledging the whole situation or her point of view. Maybe "flesh out" your story with a bit more evidence? :wink:

wow.
    yeah I agree completely with everything you just said.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fucking feelers.

I agree though
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    Thanks I will try that. So IxFp's associate openness with an icky sensation. That's very interesting.
    I guess that's true. If I'm too open with my secrets in real life, I feel like I have lost something, but truly, Socionics is just generic information, and it wouldn't affect me much.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    How the heck are EXTP the duals...
    I guess our type just poke until the shell cracks...

I'd feel comfortable telling an ENTp that I know well any secret in real life, because I get the feeling that whatever I say, he/she would understand.

But anyway, I have no comment on the above problem. I can't get my head into it, because something like that has never happened to me.

Though I was owning this INFp one day, telling all her secrets. She was getting all offended, calling me a freak who uses Personality Types as a crutch. I just loled.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doesn't everybody get an icky feeling when they accidentally expose too much info. about themselves? Or when other people pry and discover their personal business? It's kind of a sense of loss. The word "violation" also comes to mind.

And in response to what hkkmr said: It all just depends on the level of comfort, trust, closeness. I open up if I feel comfortable doing so.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    Well, that's not set in stone, don't take it as an ultimatum or anything....but I have a feeling that since you guys aren't exactly "good friends" but rather somewhere in between, she's feeling a little freaked out. :wink: I would be too.

Like, it's not really being vunerable and open that's the issue, but where she feels like she can trust you with that info.....she doesn't know if you're going to use it to manipulate her/feel/act superior to her, act like it's trivial/stupid/dumb/random/insignificant, ETC and the list goes on - don't leave an IxFp to brood on the possibilities. Be open and honest about how you're using the info (I think you are, but a little reassurance wouldn't hurt) and don't imply that she's silly to be worried about such a dumb/little/insignificant thing. She doesn't know you, so she doesn't know how you're going to treat the info.

Once you guys have settled the issue, try not to bring it up again. She'll appreciate it.
    WOW.
    There you go again! You hit the nail right on the head!

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theMime. View Post
    Doesn't everybody get an icky feeling when they accidentally expose too much info. about themselves? Or when other people pry and discover their personal business? It's kind of a sense of loss. The word "violation" also comes to mind.

And in response to what hkkmr said: It all just depends on the level of comfort, trust, closeness. I open up if I feel comfortable doing so.

I find it really endearing when others give off too much info about themselves for some reason...... especially if they then realize it and try to take it back, but obviously can't. Like they can't hide who they are or how they feel cus it just flows out from them.
    Suomea