Default Jeremy Hambly

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yes, he always struck me as ILI.

Gamma is said to be "exposure of defects" and ILI particularly so, given their name "the critic". He basically criticizes the way WoTC handles their policy, but also what he calls political correctness in the MtG scene. He's basically a social critic, so ILI fits him pretty well, imo.

Btw, I agree with him to a large extent regarding what MtG has become in the past few years...imo, the fact wotc is pushing for so many political agendas as a company is killing the game. His criticism towards wotc's reprint policy and quality of new cards is also valid. The player base has gone down by half in recent years and I think this is largely why. I've all but stopped playing myself.

I do think his accusations towards the mtg judge program, calling them a pedo ring or whatever is tin foil hat stuff, though.

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Avebury I'm open to being wrong, but if I am, then I'll have to reclassify some people.

I think he has some fair criticisms of Wizards business decisions in terms of how Wizards has bent over for Hasbro and neglected the fan base in a few ways. Obviously, I disagree with him politically in several ways, but that's neither here nor there.

I get the impression that he's a rational type, leading with Ti, with rather fixed principles. He's been fairly consistent in his views, resembling an DCNH N type, which corresponds to introverted judgment in Socionics. And I think he looks at matters in a far-reaching, overarching way - which of course is extremely typical of ILI - but when LII deeply understands the material of their interests, they start to understand the mechanisms behind certain phenomena, able to make good educated guesses about long term trajectories. For example, Jeremy perceives the trajectory of Wizards business model, as it relates to a product he has expertise in.

To counter your point, I've known a few LIIs who think that sunlight is the best exposure, too. As an alpha NT, I think sunlight acts as an effective solution for duplicity and inconsistency. This value seems fairly common among NTs, generally speaking.

Could you explain how you think he's an irrational type? Or explain anything else you think is working in the background?

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@A Moderator, I actually watched his videos and he just struck me as ILI - often I don't analyze my reasons for typing someone too deeply - I just create a mental model in my mind of how they behave and pick the type which just kinda feels right. This is what Sol calls nonverbal elements, and of course this can also be misleading if you don't analyze why you get those impressions... After I get the impression of the person's type in my mind's eye, I kinda try to subtantiate it with reasoning, which can, some would argue, be confirmation bias. Sometimes I find my impressions are unsubtsantiated, other times I find there is something to it.

Anyways, I get alot of childlike behavior from LIIs. Not so from Hambly. He seems kinda to play victim alot, also he is not afraid of getting aggressive either (I don't know if this indicates Ni/Se quadra or related to erotic attitudes, it might just be counterphobic e6 behavior). I agree that NTs, both gamma and alpha, like to challenge and test systems to see what gives, but he seems rather upfront about it, not afraid of being unpleasant in the process. I suspect alpha quadra to be more into the pleasant side of things - though there can be exceptions to this rule with LIIs specifically, for example my brother, who I have typed LII, can get pretty angry and hostile, he didn't used to be this way but I suspect he has his share of problems which pushes him to act that way. Could be a similar story with Hambly.

Anyways, with the principles thing, there are ILIs which seem to hold onto principles pretty firmly. I'm thinking of Ron Paul for example, though I've seen him typed LII, too. base is self-righteous and firm in its convictions, especially about how the future will unfold, which could lead them to use their rational elements in a rather dogmatic manner maybe? Or at least, in a way that seems dogmatic, since they are backing up a perception of a future outcome which the base sees as inevitable unless one changes course. I don't see irrationality as necessarily incompatible with having principles.

So what I'm getting at is: he might not be ILI, but he might not be LII either. I'm open to being wrong as well.
    Last edited by WVBRY; 10-31-2018 at 03:00 PM. Reason: fixed typo

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I thought LII. His style is very definitive. Some sort of interactive stuff would be great.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Avebury View Post
    @A Moderator, I actually watched his videos and he just struck me as ILI - often I don't analyze my reasons for typing someone too deeply - I just create a mental model in my mind of how they behave and pick the type which just kinda feels right. This is what Sol calls nonverbal elements, and of course this can also be misleading if you don't analyze why you get those impressions... After I get the impression of the person's type in my mind's eye, I kinda try to subtantiate it with reasoning, which can, some would argue, be confirmation bias. Sometimes I find my impressions are unsubtsantiated, other times I find there is something to it.

Anyways, I get alot of childlike behavior from LIIs. Not so from Hambly. He seems kinda to play victim alot, also he is not afraid of getting aggressive either (I don't know if this indicates Ni/Se quadra or related to erotic attitudes, it might just be counterphobic e6 behavior). I agree that NTs, both gamma and alpha, like to challenge and test systems to see what gives, but he seems rather upfront about it, not afraid of being unpleasant in the process. I suspect alpha quadra to be more into the pleasant side of things - though there can be exceptions to this rule with LIIs specifically, for example my brother, who I have typed LII, can get pretty angry and hostile, he didn't used to be this way but I suspect he has his share of problems which pushes him to act that way. Could be a similar story with Hambly.

Anyways, with the principles thing, there are ILIs which seem to hold onto principles pretty firmly. I'm thinking of Ron Paul for example, though I've seen him typed LII, too. base is self-righteous and firm in its convictions, especially about how the future will unfold, which could lead them to use their rational elements in a rather dogmatic manner maybe? Or at least, in a way that seems dogmatic, since they are backing up a perception of a future outcome which the base sees as inevitable unless one changes course. I don't see irrationality as necessarily incompatible with having principles.

So what I'm gettng at is: he might not be ILI, but he might not be LII either. I'm open to being wrong as well.
    Agreed that Hambly has cp6 tendencies, probably a real cp6. In many ways, he resembles cp6s I've seen online who are probably LII or ILI.

Also, I do the same thing with type methodology; the debatable portion is which nonverbal pattern corresponds with which profile.

I see Hambly has someone who values Si and Fe. I think he enjoys MtG (or used to enjoy it) because it used to satisfy his needs revolving around Si Fe. Historically, it's a relaxing recreational activity that doesn't need to be taken very seriously (unless played competitively). IMV, he dislikes the direction it's taken because Wizards has implemented more Fi and Te into the mix, making decisions for efficiency's sake and for politics - creating a more serious-minded franchise. Essentially, Wizards more recent decisions are somewhat gamma oriented and delta oriented, which seems to bother him, as it relates to his own political views and motivations.

In contrast with gammas and betas, alphas and deltas tend to act in service of old modes or norms to varying degrees; psychologically, they have what we might call a "conservative" element that gammas and betas lack. Even Ne leads try to take old systems in new directions in a way that ultimately serves Si needs (making them more comfortable). Alphas and deltas act as renovators for this reason. I think this is essentially what Hambly is trying to do with MtG by trying to bring the franchise back to earlier instantiations. As a comparison, we could look at Edward Snowden. Even though many view Snowden as a kind of revolutionary figure (which could be explained by Ne creative), he's mobilized by the need to instill old cultural norms of "liberty" that the U.S., in some sense, had before the Patriot Act. If the U.S. reduced its surveillance measures and policies, then it would make Snowden more comfortable in the Si sense, easing his anxiety as well.

Furthermore, I think Hambly produces much of his content "for the lulz", as it were, which is more of an Fe thing. I get the impression that he wants the viewer to be amused by whatever provocation he causes.

Irrationality isn't incompatible with having principles. The relevant aspect lies in what's valued. Hambly seems to value his own thinking more than the thinking of... anybody else.

Do you know of any celebrities, Youtubers, or people who remind you of Hambly?
    Last edited by Desert Financial; 10-29-2018 at 12:27 AM.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He looks like Hitta ( @Hitta :-)
    Last edited by Delilah; 10-30-2018 at 04:18 AM.