View Poll Results: What subtype is Director Abbie?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • LSE-Te (base)

1 12.50%
  • LSE-0 (no subtype)

0 0%
  • LSE-Si (creative)

1 12.50%
  • LSE-F (female)

1 12.50%
  • LSE-M (male)

0 0%
  • Enneagram type is the subtype.

1 12.50%
  • I like polls.

6 75.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: What's my subtype?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default What's my subtype?

I am definitively LSE. (Here's my original type thread.)
    But I don't know what subtype I am. And some people have opinions on that. So here's a poll.
    I am also accepting input on my enneagram stacking at this time.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It's actually remarkable how few (read: none) supportive arguments there were for the typing in the original thread. It seems like it would be useful to refer back to and build upon those to help determine a subtype, but...yeah. Are there any other instances where your self-typing was discussed in detail?

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I won't choose a poll option as that might suggest I am strongly confident of your self-typing.

I think even if the DCNH system was useful, it would be difficult to assign definitively, especially as an entity distinct from your Socionics type.

Nonetheless, I would say you are not C or H, and that you are probably N. I may have said this before. It is possible that this perspective reflects aspects of your personality however.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Gonna go with Te subtype for you. You remind me a lot of an LSE-Te that I know in real life. Based on your posts on this forum, your demeanour comes across as very rational and calm, which is commonly seen in Te subtypes. The Si subtype would be more laidback. The Te subtype has a more reserved and serious demeanor to them.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
    Are there any other instances where your self-typing was discussed in detail?
    Few people have typed me something other than LSE, and they were not in agreement. So I don't know whether that would be found. I don't ask people what my base type is because I never questioned it.

Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post
    even if the DCNH system was useful...I would say you are not C or H, and that you are probably N.
    I briefly considered DCNH after making the poll, but figured there was no need to complicate matters with one of the more questionable (to my mind) theories.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    I briefly considered DCNH after making the poll, but figured there was no need to complicate matters with one of the more questionable (to my mind) theories.
    Oh sorry, I just deleted my post when I realised you weren't actually asking about DCNH subtype (I think I had DCNH on the brain because I was discussing it in the chatbox recently with someone else). It would be good if you could restore my post if you can!

Reading the LSE subtypes on the wiki, I would undoubtedly say you were the -subtype if you were an LSE, because you come across as dry, not prone to being energetic etc.. I do not know you personally however. Such traits could just as readily be indicative of other types altogether.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

typing needs video
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...=1#post1096450

anyway, there are no subtypes in socionics

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    anyway, there are no subtypes in socionics
    Well then this is a useless thread, isn't it?

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Abbie, very few people agree with your self-typing. Expect the most common vote to be "I like polls".

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Schildmaid View Post
    Abbie, very few people agree with your self-typing. Expect the most common vote to be "I like polls".
    Very few? I think most people here accept her self type and don't question it so they won't vote. She is delta according to her stated values and who would claim delta values if they didn't have to? Kidding!

She is a logical type which is evident in her posts over the years. She seems pretty traditional, has more literal, and practical, thinking than most here. She is also younger so her cognitive abilities are probably not fully formed yet. I have no problem with her self type plus I like her but who doesn't.. We have never attempted to close any psychological distance between us so my perception of her is probably superficial compared to those, on the forum, who actually know her from years of one on one contact. I think she and I view the world in very different ways and our perceptions would probably be foreign to each other. I am not voting though. I don't like to lock myself into any answer since things always change and I might need to reevaluate. As of now I don't feel a particularly strong subtype in either direction.

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...STj-by-Beskova

http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/types/LSE-ESTj/

LSEs typically are docile and friendly individuals. They are almost entirely unconcerned with ostentatious displays of power politics or obedience. They typically try to treat everyone respectfully and create a commodious, welcoming atmosphere. They may apologize when they perceive that they have displayed excessive crudeness, though usually they have not. Occasionally LSEs may express confrontational tendencies. As a rule, however, this occurs when LSEs ability to perform useful work has been limited. LSEs are minimally motivated by adrenal or energetic impulses; instead, they try to maintain a stable and organized approach to anything.
    Last edited by Aylen; 09-26-2016 at 12:59 AM.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's the thing: She's focused on values. Also, in my culture thread, she posted that she had what I consider alpha values rather than delta, since those descriptions of American/Canadian and German-speaking cultures were just the intersection of observed quadra behaviors and cultural stereotypes (that are not necessarily always accurate). The reason that most people agree with her self-typing on that other thread is that she is influencing everyone to through a mix of charisma and intimidation, which is an Fe thing from my experience.

I said few people agree because I was talking to a bunch of non-agreers in chat once. I think I had a biased sample then.
    Last edited by Pallas; 09-26-2016 at 02:13 AM.

Melodies from Mars~
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Idk if its because youre female but you seem very LSE-Si. In fact, I would even say your second most likely typing imo is ESE-Si!

Here's a small box of Randomly Assorted Adjectives~ ( i ate a package of starburst recently)

Motherly

Self-controlled

Micro-managing

Good-natured

Hoping-for-the-best-for-every-situation-and-person

Helpful

Reasonable

knows what to do

good at things that im not

Purity

Devoutly faithful

charming

lightweight (not literally but that too) and fairylike (idk just accept this)

delicious(just your everyday generic word from the language of english : ) )
    Last edited by chrys; 09-26-2016 at 02:39 AM.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I said few people agree because I was talking to a bunch of non-agreers in chat once. I think I had a biased sample then.
    Woah, really? Who are these people?

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chryssie View Post
    ( i ate a package of starburst recently)
    Should we assume it was a "reds" package? Or did you just throw all of the other colors away?

Melodies from Mars~
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
    Should we assume it was a "reds" package? Or did you just throw all of the other colors away?
    NOOO I eat all of them!!! ... I just eat the bad ones first and savour the reds and pinks, giving them more mouth love and tongue time if u know what i mean.~

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chryssie View Post
    NOOO I eat all of them!!! ... I just eat the bad ones first and savour the reds and pinks, giving them more mouth love and tongue time if u know what i mean.~
    Why do you eat the ones you don't like instead of giving them to someone who likes them?

Melodies from Mars~
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Why do you eat the ones you don't like instead of giving them to someone who likes them?
    cus i like to pretend im fat

eh.... but really I just have no one to offer them to cus no on likes them.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    Well then this is a useless thread, isn't it?
    If you have heard truth here, - it's useful.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Director Abbie

Definitely Si subtype. You are more like homemaker-ish and make art for people and design stuff and less mansplaining Te asshole about stuff. Well when you do bluntly state your opinion, it's not really in a direct pure Te way. That all points to Si, not Te. Although we clash- you do not hit my polr as directly as a Te-subtype would.

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*whispers @BulletsAndDoves* That's because she's not actually LSE at all...

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

*whispers @BulletsAndDoves* That's because she's not actually LSE at all...
    I spent Friday evening making a chart showing the trend in likes, comments, and shares for a Facebook page over the past two years. It's ultimately useless. Want to see?

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure, sounds cool, but I'm not sure how that makes you LSE...

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Sure, sounds cool, but I'm not sure how that makes you LSE...
    Jeff Goldblum.png
    The page posts the same picture every day.
    The reactions are divided by 10 so the chart won't be too enormous. So there are actually ten times as many as shown.
    That big jump happened in June/July of this year. The first slump was August/September of 2014.
    October 29, 2015 was out of order. So was March 2016.
    February 23, 2016 had a double post.
    There's no correlation between post popularity and day of the week.
    There were 469 pictures. Given the start date, there should have been 715.

This is my hobby.
    Are you just typing me ESE because you're beta and you like me and you can't like a Delta?
    (Why do I like ILIs so much?)
    Would you like to see me dualize with my some EIIs?

Back to the topic: there's still no consensus on subtype. B&D had the best explanation so far though.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like Deltas generally, actually, I just don't understand them. LSEs just generally don't do work as a hobby, nor do any Deltas as far as I know.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

LSEs just generally don't do work as a hobby, nor do any Deltas as far as I know.
    This isn't work. I'm not a professional graph-maker.

Some Deltas like to garden as a hobby. It's not work to them; it's pleasant.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I had a second thought on whether it counts as work.

I know in physics, work is force multiplied by distance, meaning if you're just sitting at a computer moving the mouse occasionally, that's less work than breathing.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/work
    According to definitions 3 and 4, graphing is not work. But according to definition 1, it is. (And according to definition 2, it's not in this case.)

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari