Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EIEs-ENFjs enneagram type 4s: do they exist?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4 almost directly correlates with IEI but if another type was to be a 4 then certainly EIE could be.

Quote Originally Posted by Olimpia View Post
    Type 4 is about endless self introspection, trying to constantly define how they personally feel about things at unhealthy levels.
    This seems consistent with an EIE who is more spiritually driven. I would put Christopher McCandless (the subject of Into the Wild) as an EIE 4.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

In a recent survey, over 3000 participants indicated their Myers-Briggs personality types and their Enneagram types (including wings and instinctual variants if known). The compiled responses are as follows:

Here is a summary of the cognitive functions + E type based on on a survey, I guess. No way to know how many typed correctly but it is interesting anyway.

https://thoughtcatalog.com/heidi-pri...nneagram-2/18/

It is important to indicate that the compiled data was entirely based on self-report. Participants were not required to obtain a professional assessment of their type or display an understanding of type theory, therefore a large margin of error must be taken into account when reviewing the results.TC mark
    First page of article: https://thoughtcatalog.com/heidi-pri...e-enneagram-2/

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Here is a summary of the cognitive functions + E type based on on a survey, I guess. No way to know how many typed correctly but it is interesting anyway.
    Is it even possible to be correctly typed in MBTI though?

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post
    Is it even possible to be correctly typed in MBTI though?

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    EIE-Ni 415 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe I'm an EIE with a strong Ni subtype and I'm definitely an ennea 4w3. I focus a lot on my "victim" identity and typically view myself as some sort of tragic "fallen aristocrat" who must search for the aristocracy to which she belongs. (Melodramatic, I know.) Fe conveys my feelings of loss and alienation from this aristocracy; it is subtly smug and elitist. It is actually Fe which has most strongly contributed to my 4 status due to the fact that many of my childhood authority figures attempted to suppress my emotional expressiveness from a young age, leaving me upset and defiant. These figures isolated me from my peers and made an example out of me. Moreover, I express myself not only to display originality, but to galvanize others into self-expression which stands in opposition to conventional standards of politeness and subdued emotions, many of which are propagated by Fi, especially sx-blind Fi. I'm also sx/so, which may explain these behaviours.

TIM
    749 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I'm supposed to be a 2 or 6 just because of goddamn Fe and Fi ignoring or whatever, just fucking shoot me now. Don't even get me started on the tragedy that is of enneatype 2, the concept alone absolutely sickens me. Anyways - The answer is yes. The struggle of social 4, which is what I am, is/sounds realistic in regards to Fe. Our creative function is how we interact with others and how we shape our reality , correct? Ni Creative sounds quite correlated to 4's motivation. I dont see the reason for confusion.

Isn't Shakespeare EIE 4 sp? Isn't Morrissey EIE 4 Soc first?
    Last edited by VOGUE PARIS; 01-08-2018 at 12:48 AM.

I have performed the necessary butchery. Here is the bleeding corpse.

HENRY JAMES, AFTER A REQUEST BY THE TIMES LITERARY SUPPLEMENT TO CUT THREE LINES FROM A 5,000 WORD ARTICLE

EIE-Ni 479 sp/sx Gentle Spirit

TIM
    749 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright so, I am a self pres 4 a bit of debating enneagram and I couldn't tell if I was a social 4 or a self pres 4 because at the end of the day 4s have to deal with social shame anyways - no matter the subtype. I have known I was a 4 for a while but things can make you doubt, naturally. Anyways I felt like I didn't want to really getting into this because I tend to get nasty when I feel like others are asking me to prove my identity to the world. But for the sake of education or whatever, here I am.

Enneagram heart types at the end of the day, are image types because they have dealt with some kind of narcissistic abuse. All other types can but the other triad centers end up wanting something else instead - thinking types seek security and each types complex with that goes inward, outer, or explicitly onto others. That is why the inward types are called withdrawn. They go IN to deal with those issues. It has nothing to do with extroversion, introversion or how you handle others. gut types want autonomy. Its going to be blunt but heart types want attention to validate their existence. 2 goes outward with others, 3 goes outward with whatever idk, and 4 goes inward. Okay? So would an ethical type Fe, have that kind of issue? Yes. Why not? Could an Fe ego type want to look inwards to feel complete rather than outers? Absolutely.

A 4 has the issue of being incomplete, as all do image types but they figure that the answers are not in the world and not with how well they do with others but the answer is within themselves. because once they can accomplish that, then they can actualize themselves. I am not sure why someone with leading Fe could not look inwards, and find the answers within themselves. That is so absolute putting someone inside the box and thinking inside these perimeters that its absolutely ludicrous. ludicrous! 4s and Fes are absolutely profound, when healthy, when it comes to human conditions and therefore have colorful inner worlds and a 4 Fe would certainly help others realize that need to connect with that inner world. I've already mentioned that Ni Creative fits 4s agenda.

Tell me what is the honest difference between Leading and Creative? Maybe I am too new in Socionics.
    If you need a EIE 4 to come out and say it, then Hello, it's me.

I have performed the necessary butchery. Here is the bleeding corpse.

HENRY JAMES, AFTER A REQUEST BY THE TIMES LITERARY SUPPLEMENT TO CUT THREE LINES FROM A 5,000 WORD ARTICLE

EIE-Ni 479 sp/sx Gentle Spirit

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@VOGUE PARIS To me lead is also an expression of 4, it doesn't need necessarily. It's still the emotional rollercoaster infused with romance, being withdrawn is not such a huge aspect since we only talk triads here. Though you can easily divorce function and enneagram drive anyways, socionics elements are not motivations, just ways of expression.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12