Thread: Ne doms and creatives and cats

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ne doms and creatives and cats

From what I have experienced many Ne doms and creatives are fascinated by cats (maybe even obsessed).
    Last edited by Iwantpeace; 09-07-2020 at 02:33 PM.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Haha. I don't know if there's actually anything to this or not but I love hearing my IEE friend talk about her cats and all the things they do. She has very developed and sophisticated ideas about their personality and intelligence level and feelings and stuff, which is maybe not out of the norm for pet owners but I could see Ne being involved in that.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like cats but I'm probably not gonna be too interested in the logic behind anything they do. They are just cute and cuddly and make me feel good. Or they are complete bitches.

I had two female cats before. One we gave away to somebody else- the other we had to put to sleep. One was very introverted and bitchy and more mean, but had these moments of intense compassion when you were sad and upset and stayed around you to make you feel good. That cat was like this total Fi valuer as if you were too Fe she hated you- but she was always there when you needed her the most. The other one was like a fucking dog. It was so affectionate/extroverted and playful and always nice to everybody. It was like a female woofwoofl.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I know one LII who doesn't seem fascinated with his cat but is nonetheless nice to it.
    Reason is a whore.

TIM
    EII 4w3 Sx/sp
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe it's more Fi based than Ne? I definitely love cats, they're easy to be with and they're cuddly and playful but not too playful like dogs.
    I read somewhere that Fi HA causes SLIs to seek company in pets, and I've seen that first hand with my SLI dad. He is overprotective of pets (cats and dogs) and would argue with my mum all the time over not feeding them well or taking care of them. He has had a very deep connection with all the
    pets we've ever had, and often talks about them nostalgically. The only times he's playful are around pets. My IEE sister also loves cats, but she's not too connected to them.

C-EII-INFj 4w3 Sx/sp 479

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I like cats. Am not obsessed, but very happy that such creatures exist. I do see the appeal to , they are cozy and preoccupied, lost in their own ways, looking for snugness and pleasant activity. And obviously they are fluffy to the touch and can melt your heart with their beauty.

Wow Come here gorgeous

They represent some sort of PoLR archetype of an independent entity roaming about, a bit moody and hard to love, rejecting overt affections and sociability. Very selective in everything, minimalist. The SLI ones are domestic, the ILI ones stray around handling their business and appear mysteriously out of nowhere. Cats are hardly Alpha, that would be dogs. I am sure they are popular in Delta where subdued comfort is the way to go. Literally the only disruptive SEE cat I know is this one:

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ILE prefers dogs over cats (Talanov). True. Dogs are funny.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

SLE :
    He believes that pets should be neutered.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

There are plenty of ESIs who love cats too, so.

I also know of several Gamma NTs and SEEs who prefer cats...

Beta STs usually prefer dogs. With Beta NFs, it's a mix, with most EIEs preferring dogs and most IEIs preferring cats, afaik.

The choice of a pet seems closely connected to one's motivation for having a pet, and also attachment style.
    People who want a pet to be "extroverted" with a la being active outside etc., and/or who want to be closely attached to their pet tend to gravitate towards dogs.
    People who want a pet to share some "introverted" quality time or down time with, and/or who prefer looser attachment and less responsibilities tend to gravitate towards cats.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After watching any relatively active cat for a while, a few things can be learned:

1) Life is ridiculous, so don't take it too seriously. Disregard rules and social expectations whenever you feel stiffled by them.
    2) Cats are interactive alarm clocks. The fanciest of alarm apps will fail you, but a cat won't put up with it.
    3) Napping for half the day is completely normal. Anyone who believes otherwise should be redirected to the nearest cat for an argument a rude stare.
    4) It is ok to live off others and make them feel grateful for it.
    5) Being eccentric can make you a YT star. You don't need to update social media or take selfies/videos because a fan someone else will do all the work for you.
    6) 3 AM is a good time to work out.
    7) Minimalism: Cats can live off $30/month. Maybe humans can minimize their expenses too.
    8) Sitting around and staring people down is a real hobby.
    9) Cuddling on-demand is a hobby.
    10) It is perfectly natural to jump up high just so that you can relax on a pull up bar.
    11) It is equally natural to race solo going back and forth in front of others without an explanation.
    12) Cat can commit crimes without being arrested. They are excellent scapegoats.
    13) There is no shame in licking your own crotch in front of others

I enjoy training dogs but cats are wired to "train the trainer." While that doesn't please me, it does impress me.
    Last edited by Audacious; 01-05-2018 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Because I remembered things

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I had a Poodle when I was a kid, and some of the women I know have cats, which I like to visit, but I’m not presently fond of the idea of having animals in the house. People are enough trouble.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

any type can like or dislike any animal and that would be a pretty stupid conversation, but more to the point of OP's question, I think its arguable that Ne 'seeing the internal state' or whatever could relate to reading characteristics and qualities into behavior that isn't immediately observable, like "knowing" what a cat is thinking or feeling when it does something and entertaining yourself with these kinds of observations.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    but I’m not presently fond of the idea of having animals in the house.
    What about a robot pet? https://joyforall.hasbro.com/en-us You don't have to clean up after them and they are perfectly creepy. What's not to like?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably not type related. I’m sure if any child grew up bonding with any sort of animal they’d have an attachment/fascination to it either way. I grew up loving birds and will always have a soft spot for ‘em. Cats and dogs are okay though; they both have their pros and cons.
    “You are a little soul carrying around a corpse.”
    - Epictetus

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Liking cats in itself probably isn't related to type to any significant degree, though obsessing over them and being a "cat person" probably is. I can't really picture an LSI being as likely as an IEE to own 8 cats and cater to them all, for example.
    Last edited by Muddy; 01-05-2018 at 05:52 PM.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Really?? It makes sense now I'm in love with cats

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    SLE :
    He believes that pets should be neutered.
    My LSI/SLI father neuter cats lol

I hate him :/

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by idontgiveaf View Post
    Really?? It makes sense now I'm in love with cats
    My LSI/SLI father neuter cats lol

I hate him :/
    He neuters them to deter your romance with cats.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Audacious View Post
    He neuters them to deter your romance with cats.
    Lol.xD i only receives powers from cats through boob hugging

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol.xD i only receives powers from cats through boob hugging
    Ooh. Powers! Can you turn my blanket into a pile of money?

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Audacious View Post
    Ooh. Powers! Can you turn my blanket into a pile of money?
    Nah.
    Just removing my negative buffs in me ;p

Cat's purr do wonders you know.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like intriguing creatures like this regardless of the species. She clearly has a mind of her own. Although the cleanup would be a lot, I think her activities would be strangely inspiring. Being around anyone who disregards constraints every day in the strangest manner possible would compel a person to achieve unconventional things using unconventional methods. You won't need a pep talk again.

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Cats are evil and want to kill you. Several studies have demonstrated their resentment and malice. They even carry parasites which have infected the brains of millions of innocent people in America. Beware these creatures, for they are of the devil.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I LOVE cats. And dogs. Always had pet cats and dogs growing up. I was always connected to them and loved them like they were humans, if not more. They have a calming affect on me and they are drawn to me. I used to find baby animals and try to take care of them. I never got used to them dying, it hurt every time to lose one. I was obsessed with cats as a kid, I would collect things that had cats on them and collect books and magazines.
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I don't think it's possible to make that link.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yea. It's like majority only. Not all

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I am more of a dog person. Though I will pay a lot of attention to a cat if it is at a friend's house and I love all animals. I just don't want one myself. I recently had a cat who died. I liked the cat but found him annoying and was secretly relieved he was gone. I can't imagine I'd feel that way if my dog died. I don't understand liking cats more than dogs.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have four amazing cats, with a fifth who just passed away a few weeks ago. He could stand on two feet and even walk a few steps so I would tell him he was a real boy just like Pinocchio :-)

Unfortunately I’m having to dose all four cats twice a day x2 with antibiotics etc as there is a chance they may have the bacterial infection which played a large role in the death of the fifth.
    Ouch though, as this is causing my finger to receive multiple teeth wounds each day as it’s the only way I can get the pills down their throats and I’m only half way through their dosing.
    I’m imagining a badly scarred and infected finger at the end of this!

Each cat takes a fair amount of time each day along with their united needs however we took on the newest addition from a breeder who wanted a home for a kitten where it could be taught by other cats necessary skills and behaviours. All of her siblings had passed not long after birth and the mother had rejected this lone survivor.
    On top of this the breeder was placed into hospital for a couple of weeks during the kittens early stages, all making for a fairly wild temperament. Are hoping however for her to quickly adjust.

It wouldn’t overly matter to me what breed a cat is but ours are tonkinese who are quite intelligent and sort of like little doggies who follow me around partaking in my life.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm more curious about the types of pets themselves than what type of owners have pets, or more like how they mesh together.

My first pet I had hated my guts. Female black lab. She even bit my finger when I tried to pet her lol. She just totally hated me, and so I grew up for many years just always avoiding her and pretending that she didn't even exist because we didn't get along well. I wonder what type hates IEIs the most, is it really LSE or is it something else. She was very nasty, and she was kind of ornery in general but she especially didn't like me and I knew it. Probably an unhealthy ILI? When she died I felt absolutely nothing because there wasn't ever really a connection. She liked my ESE mom okay.

The next pet I got was a male golden retriever who really liked me. But they tend to like everybody. You could kick him in the balls and he would wonder why it was his fault. (it's just an expression, nobody ever did that. people who abuse animals anger me.) So submissive and loyal and cute. I think he was ILE. Fi polr, didn't know how to make special connections but just Fe-ishly loved everybody. When he licked my face and showed me love it felt like he was saying 'you don't need TE swammy just ruv.' <3 SEI might make better sense though. Definitely in the alpha quadra, my two alpha parents loved him the most.

The two female cats I mentioned earlier were ILI and SEE duals I think?

TIM
    LII 5w6-1w9-2w1
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am Ne creative and I'm not interested in them.

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I would be a creative type right? Is that the same as contact subtype?

Anyways, I would gladly side with the cats if they ever tried to take over the world and subjugate humans
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AWellArmedCat View Post
    I think I would be a creative type right? Is that the same as contact subtype?

Anyways, I would gladly side with the cats if they ever tried to take over the world and subjugate humans
    Apologies if you're joking and I'm too dense to realize it, but usually when people say x-creative they mean people who have it as their second function. So Ne-creatives are xII.

For the record, I'm more of a dog person, but I like most animals.

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    Apologies if you're joking and I'm too dense to realize it, but usually when people say x-creative they mean people who have it as their second function. So Ne-creatives are xII.
    You're not dense, I just misunderstood the prompt sentence

In my defense I just got back into the forums after speaking Japanese a bunch so my brain just forgot how to parse sentences. I was interpreting the prompt as "Ne-doms and creative subtypes" for some reason. My bad lol
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    524 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AWellArmedCat View Post
    You're not dense, I just misunderstood the prompt sentence

In my defense I just got back into the forums after speaking Japanese a bunch so my brain just forgot how to parse sentences. I was interpreting the prompt as "Ne-doms and creative subtypes" for some reason. My bad lol
    I see -- in your defense, now that I've re-read that sentence in the OP, that seems like a valid interpretation . Most of us are usually less precise in expressing ourselves than we probably ought to be.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have no strong feelings about cats. The only animal I care about is my dog, which is actually the cutest dog in the world.

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You'll find some are and some aren't. Also some who aren't also are. I wonder why? It's because cats are loved by people not because of a group reason, but for a personal reason. Growing up with cats is a big reason to love or hate them. Growing up with dogs is a big reason to not like cats. Preference of cats is learned behavior. To assign people groups like this is a thing I've noticed people do, however, like my brother, who now no longer hates all westfielders for that group of people who heckled at him once. In other words, my aristocracy beeper is beeping. So uh yeah.

Also, to add to this, I like cats, but I'm probably not INTj or ENTp. I am probably democratic NT, though, as shown by the fact that I instantly try and stop so called aristocratic behavior, which is where the person tries to organize people into groups like so, and then judge them by that group.

I use knowledge of this often when talking to people so as to mirror and fake being part of the group.

You can see who has the trait and who doesn't by what people say fairly quickly, and can generally assume they do, it is incredibly common.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko