TIM
    6w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@niffer thank u love!!

okie bbl
    "Not everything that is faced can be changed; but nothing can be changed until it is faced" -James Baldwin

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vertu View Post
    @Bertrand

I'll answer everyone else later bc I gotta go take a final now
    I'm definitely thinking EII

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    slugabed about to make me

fwiw, that's exactly how I feel about duality, and knowing this and seeing your dual run away because they're not ready is heartbreaking, but even then its got that transformational dynamic (for both sides) going on in the background and its beautiful (years, like you said)... it reminds me of what @Adam Strange once said about how this theory is actually a wonderful theory of hope, because it allows you to 1) accept yourself and accept that there's someone for you and 2) accept that its hard and takes time and isn't a disney prince, not right off that bat anyway, which provides strength to persevere in real hope... and finally to accept 3) that it may not work out the way you want, but that's ultimately ok

You:

Me:

@GuavaDrunk

We have a quarrel and its not over yet.

I hope you haven't forgotten...I'm ready.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slugabed View Post

this is hilarious because while watching gattaca I started crying and this was exactly my SLI ex's reaction--the picture is so dead on, start to finish, right down to the body language (for both of us) and everything (even the little back pat). I feel kind of bad for her cause she totally didn't know what to do, but not in a bad way

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@vertu

This sounds STRONGLY like duality indeed. It seems like Delta infantile/parenting romancing style, because as long as I know other duals have different styles (like businesslike, etc). I'd go with IEE/SLI. IEEs before dual have problems with settling down on anything. Also they can experience "dual parenting" as cohesive. As long as I know, the style that EII/LSE tend to be rougher than SLI/IEE. If you are EII then he is LSE, but how you described him doesn't seem LSE at all (my dad is LSE). Just the cleaning part that actually can come from any type (my IEE said it to me too, even when he himself rarely clean, lol).

LSEs aren't really similar to SLIs. LSEs are extroverted, they enjoy going outside, doing physical activities and hanging out with friends and having social meetings. They can also seek for traveling and having new experiences. And on the negative aspect, they can be domineering and I see a constant need for verbally denigrate their partners (especially if they are feelers). NOT saying that this is a RULE, it has to be probably much more with unhealthy ppl or stress, but I've seen this pattern repeatedly. LSEs are the type who would dominate a conversation and try to push their view on others, also they can mock others openly.

SLIs can laugh at others internally, but are much more tenderhearted and its pretty unlikely that they would bring violence (emotional, physical, verbal) in the relationship. Still, it would be tons of playfulness and teasing. Socially they would avoid meetings, parties and crowded places, on these situations they would stay mostly quiet and not entirely involved.
    Also all the fixing things and his computer work that you mentioned, as long as what he does on daily basis (staying at home working or searching information) its the typical ISTP thing.

About your questionnaire you seem IEE to me (you seem to go to e 6,2,9). I identify with a lot of things that you say (I'm 952), I'm awfully messy and I mostly clean and else for other people (common areas) and tend to give up a lot on my whole agenda over other ppl (specially mate).

Finally, what you described sounds exactly like my own relationship, that's how it has developed and how it's now, with daily physical playfulness and teasing.

Anyway I'd say that the better way of typing is taking a good test (both of you in this case).
    Last edited by Hope; 05-21-2017 at 01:44 PM.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

slugabed is probably right, I think I may have got too fixated on rationality v irrationality, whereas I know from experience, IEE comes off as one of the most rational irrationals to me (when not totally zany )

that picture definitely says IEE + SLI more than EII LSE (although sometimes in pictures there's a lot of role switching when people pose; so I guess the question becomes was that a very "natural" moment or was it a spontaneous kind of "act" for the sake of a neat/novel picture)

TIM
    6w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@niffer yeah. sigh i'm gonna post a video later on today! i just want this solidified bc i'll keep wondering/changing my mind
    "Not everything that is faced can be changed; but nothing can be changed until it is faced" -James Baldwin

TIM
    6w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Chae Mmmm okay! Ima do further research

TIM
    6w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@lungs all good. hahaha i wish my opinions were as solid as yours, I probably would've been set on a type already if I were like that. btw I love your new avatar

I think I'm doomed to forever be indecisive

TIM
    6w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Bertrand I do not think I am an Fi dom because my moods are not stable or static at all :/ My emotions are very changeable and so I agree with Fi creative more than Fi dom. Hmm I'm wondering how you'll see me when I post a vid.

Yes that picture is our most recent and it is how we look naturally
    Last edited by scio; 05-18-2017 at 02:58 PM.

TIM
    6w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Slugabed I would make him take a test but he is so stubborn and doesn't believe in typology hahahhaa. I kind of prefer that tbh.

Hmmm. He can be mocking though and condescending. I wonder if he is a Te subtype. He is also immature emotionally and is a poor listener. He has very weak Fi and is bad at giving personal attention to people. It's annoying. He forgets to ask questions and will not show personal interest adequately. You have to completely read between the lines. He is also quite silly, maybe even sillier than I am. He doesn't get caught up in his feelings and is much more "go with the flow" than I am.

The poor social skills I think is just an age thing though and I think he will be more attentive in time. I can tell that you are a much more mature person in general than he is. Granted, we are both still very young.
    Last edited by scio; 05-18-2017 at 06:47 PM.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Slugabed I would make him take a test but he is so stubborn and doesn't believe in typology hahahhaa. I kind of prefer that tbh.

Hmmm. He can be mocking though and condescending. I wonder if he is a Te subtype. He is also immature emotionally and is a poor listener. He has very weak Fi and is bad at giving personal attention to people. It's annoying. He forgets to ask questions and will not show personal interest adequately. You have to completely read between the lines. He is also quite silly, maybe even sillier than I am. He doesn't get caught up in his feelings and is much more "go with the flow" than I am.

The poor social skills I think is just an age thing though and I think he will be more attentive in time. I can tell that you are a much more mature person in general than he is. Granted, we are both still very young.

LSE DUAL EII
    Te
    Si
    Fe
    Ni-PoLR

SLI DUAL IEE
    Si
    Te
    Ni
    Fe-PoLR

LSI DUAL EIE
    Ti
    Se
    Fi
    Ne -PoLR

Fi is not poor social skills, its Fe PoLR. Fi is own feelings. Anyway SLI have poor (undeveloped) Fe and Fi, lol.

What you describe is the same way my IEE thinks of me .
    Its really funny that he thinks this way because he's the only person who could say something like that about me. The truth is, that I barely can speak with him like I normally do with other ppl because of his Ne and Ti PoLR, and lack of Te. So I've to use alternative ways of communication and being goofy and funny is one of them.
    Last edited by Hope; 05-19-2017 at 07:53 AM.

TIM
    6w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Slugabed

P.S

Video is posted!!! (I posted two) I babbled about literally nothing

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Err where did you post it @vertu ? I double checked the google link you posted and I can't find it there or anywhere else on the forum.

Btw I saw the dress pic and you look sooooooo beautiful there in it and VERY EIE to me.

TIM
    6w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@niffer It is at the bottom of my google link i have two seperate ones, they should be available for everyone to see. thank u soo much!! haha aw ur so sweet

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I could kind of see EIE just based on your predictions in regards to technology, but also IEE. truth is I suck at typing so I don't know

I think we can definitely rule out EII though

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Slugabed

P.S

Video is posted!!! (I posted two) I babbled about literally nothing

Ooohh IEE 6 all the way. Deep vibes of Natural Manic Pixie Dream cutie.

IEEs aren't aware of how cute they are I'm sure.

Just for input, they are EIE:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i-DUcflF7oA

and an EIE celebrity:

And they are IEE:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bQ6AX5_3AXY

Also as you for sure know at this point, the functions of EIE and IEE are totally different (EIE- Fe Ni Te Si; IEE-Ne Fi Se Ti). I see you with the IEE Ne Fi cute rambling.
    Last edited by Hope; 05-19-2017 at 06:04 PM.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

its true, I have real admiration for her because I feel like her theory is on the level of a medical breakthrough that saves lives

I feel like its qualitatively different than what EIE's try to do which is what I feel amounts to smoke and mirrors (Fe + Ni), whereas A. created a far more rigorous Ti/Ne structure, and my admiration for her is based on that; but I could see how projection (in the case of a competing EIE) would view it as if it were more EIE bullshit and thus ground perceived admiration from others as nothing more than weakminded followers-of-oprah looking for their cult narrative to provide meaning to their otherwise useless lives. the difference being viewing socionics through the lens of greater than 1D Ti, you see how its actually incredibly substantive, elevating it to a level beyond pure ideology (although it is far from being finished and pure science--it has the base stuff required to someday perhaps become such an article of knowledge [true justified belief]).

I feel like EIE's perceive all "meaning" fundamentally as bullshit that originated in the head of a competing EIE so they reserve the right to attack it at its source and otherwise be incredibly cynical in general. even when not so aggressive they fundamentally act as if it is within their rights to adjust its course or otherwise manipulate and modify what other's hold dear for the aforementioned reasons, even though they consider this "benevolent" for the reason that it originated in them

a lot of this has to do with EIE's real inability to think and appreciate Ti beyond a 1d caricature as well as devalued Te that manifests mainly as machiavellian ambition over real concern for facts (facts are useful only inasmuch as they help discern whether the dictates are being obeyed or not--i.e. "is the mind control working?" not "maybe I should inform my worldview"), hence the difference between A. Augustinavičiūtė and Oprah is lost on them
    But they make such excellent cult leaders.
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Bertrand

My own personal experience with EIE has been as follows: If you don't accept cherished beliefs, get the fuck out.

Nothing to do with truth.
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Slugabed

Don't move! There is a bee on your nose!

Reason is a whore.

TIM
    6w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Envisioner your comments consistently remind me of how I feel when I think I've ran out of shampoo but then find I have a few extra bits in there. It is a nice pleasant surprise

TIM
    6w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Slugabed yes yes I am most certainly not that organized in my thoughts out loud like the ENFjs.
    I use a much more uncertain language than I've seen from the examples. I do not have solid language really at all unless I am talking about how I feel about something.
    I can type out in an organized way but when I have to speak about something it's like sydhifuhsdifushdfiushfisdf
    awwww stop u r cuter who wouldn't want a relaxing safe haven of a human????
    SLIs are like fallout shelters from the rest of the world
    you and @Chae have been so so so so so so so SOOOO helpful

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

NO they are not being helpful because they are misleading you

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    NO they are not being helpful because they are misleading you

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TIM
    6w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dunno if they're accurately typed at all but this conversation rlly stressed me out.
    it felt passive aggressive

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

that video is grating on every conceivable level for me

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

dunno if they're accurately typed at all but this conversation rlly stressed me out.
    I saw this before and commented on it elsewhere on the forum. My impression of her was SEI. I don't recall getting much of an impression of him which is unusual for me in relation to SLE. They usually make strong impressions, good or bad. I was just like... Nothing against them. I just don't find them relatable at all. If they are correctly typed, according to socionics, then socionics is even less useful, to me, as a tool than I thought. I will just stick to to the purity of Jung and type people accordingly. I may still give them the acronym to be understood by others on the forum but that is about it. Actually, that is what I have always done here. When in rome...

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    I will just stick to to the purity of Jung and type people accordingly. I may still give them the acronym to be understood by others on the forum but that is about it. Actually, that is what I have always done here. When in rome...
    TL;DR: "Your cult sucks, mine is better."

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post
    TL;DR: "Your cult sucks, mine is better."
    Don't do that. That is not what I said. Just because I am not finding it matches up with my experience, as well as others seem to, doesn't mean mine is better, just different. I find some things do correlate but the things that do can be applied across different systems, not just this one. It is no surprise people cannot agree on types. Different types of information appeals to different people which makes a lot of it very subjective. But you are the one who just told me, in another thread, that my inkblot thoughts, at first glance, means I am probably a sexually abused schizophrenic so I am not surprised here.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    6w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Bertrand literally tho.................. it just felt so contrived and awkward @Aylen Hmm okay I could see that. It does obviously make sense that we are all interpreting it differently and trying to gain our own inferences but if nobody reaches an agreement on anything, it does make me question how valid it is to ever type people irl sigh the theory would just be fun on its own without any application. But still it is irresistible to keep trying

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    I saw this before and commented on it elsewhere on the forum. My impression of her was SEI. I don't recall getting much of an impression of him which is unusual for me in relation to SLE. They usually make strong impressions, good or bad. I was just like... Nothing against them. I just don't find them relatable at all. If they are correctly typed, according to socionics, then socionics is even less useful, to me, as a tool than I thought. I will just stick to to the purity of Jung and type people accordingly. I may still give them the acronym to be understood by others on the forum but that is about it. Actually, that is what I have always done here. When in rome...
    Mmm this girl isn't IEI and I'm not sure about him either.

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

[vid]

They feel aggressively boring. *faints to escape the annoyed boredom*
    Reason is a whore.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

*switches E3-I-can-get-it-done-for-y'all-engine on*
    @vertu I went through the two videos of yourself element-wise. Thank you for uploading, it was nice to see you aweh ;~;

Surprise result: EIE.

Valued and strong:

authenticity, nervousness, elephant in the room, being afraid, interpersonal communication, fear, understanding, making something socially okay, collective lack of awareness, laugh at yourself, taking oneself not too seriously, jokes, funny, astounding, shock value, scariness, empathy, image, fun, how you want to come across, concern for others, searching for who you are, mean what you say, be whoever you want to be, right and wrong of behaviour, arrogance, putting up an act. Your persona is quite expressive non-verbally, too, like the way you sigh in frustration or sassily imitate someone but the emotion is constant, Ej. The reason why you made the videos was venting and expressing yourself, to have it off your chest. Dynamic-negativist, you see what's lacking over time as it progresses, also had a dialectical approach: "can see both sides".
    time, waste, progressively worse, progression, backlash, [jokes, ] for a reason, "why?", purpose, being a product/result of, consequential, what matters, your generation, 5 costumes a week, every day

Valued and weak, you need this supplied to you:

wanting someone to fight against it, having the power, control, "do whatever you wanna do!"
    wanting to know, structure, non-rambling, non-confusion, no irony/hypocrisy & contradiction, learning

Devalued and strong, you can see the point but deprioritize it:

weird, walking memes, babbling nonsense, distraction, new digital age, experimenting, "nothing new", innovation
    hate, dislike, bonding, getting away from something you hate

Devalued and weak, the reason you are upset originates here:

getting something done, tech, use, tutorials
    human perfection, make-up, looking your best, focus of awareness, surroundings

Your dual LSI is conservative and anti-novelty/anti-change, enforces clarity, makes sense of everything, can help you develop order in thoughts and has a polished understanding, is naturally attuned to surroundings and open to free, non-tech expression. They HATE meme communication (which is all ) and like to debug nonsense. They can prevent bad progress with power as you give them warnings through your deterministic .

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Subtype: probably .

TIM
    6w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay thanks @Chae fdhgiuhdgiudf
    gotta contemplate this

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Okay thanks @Chae fdhgiuhdgiudf
    gotta contemplate this
    Glad it's useful! Another plot twist As I said, read up the descriptions, see what characteristics you find yourself in.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

this is an aside but can anyone post who actually likes, or at least is neutral towards, that video? I want to know what types metabolize it in such a way that it is inoffensive, etc and what their thoughts are on it and what's going on with it

for me it feels like conflict distilled into a video or something

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

this is an aside but can anyone post who actually likes, or at least is neutral towards, that video? I want to know what types metabolize it in such a way that it is inoffensive, etc and what their thoughts are on it and what's going on with it

for me it feels like conflict distilled into a video or something
    It's not my favorite vid, but it doesn't seem so horrible.

I think your observation of the video feeling like conflict is interesting, because she seems like an Fi-dom and Delta. She actually looks a bit like Maritsa. He very well could be SLE, even though I thought at first he was IEI. I think a person can look like their dual sometimes. Those shared functions are strong in some.

I watched about half the video, and she seems more and more like an EII. "I like to feel safe", she said. Personally, I liked the part where he said he thought she was not one of the hot girls. Smooth, dude.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    It's not my favorite vid, but it doesn't seem so horrible.

I think your observation of the video feeling like conflict is interesting, because she seems like an Fi-dom and Delta. She actually looks a bit like Maritsa. He very well could be SLE, even though I thought at first he was IEI. I think a person can look like their dual sometimes. Those shared functions are strong in some.

I watched about half the video, and she seems more and more like an EII. "I like to feel safe", she said. Personally, I liked the part where he said he thought she was not one of the hot girls. Smooth, dude.
    Maritsa made me really uncomfortable too, but I don't buy EII for either of them. could be wrong, but I can't wrap my head around it. maybe there's a subtype of "gross EII"

I really gotta think about it. i'd be open to hearing any ideas you may have about this

also I don't know if it "feels like conflict" in the technical socionics sense, but rather it really bothers me in a more colloquial sense. its a kind of buzzing I cant put my finger on

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast