Thread: Temperaments: EP vs IP vs EJ vs IJ

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Temperaments: EP vs IP vs EJ vs IJ

First of all, I have been reading on the smilingeye's socionics.

Let's suppose he's on to something.

He says there are 4 type of person.

Hot-Dynamic
    Hot-Static
    Cold-Dynamic
    Cold-Static

Which are all 4 temperaments.

So instead of trying to type people with polr and ha, I'm trying to see the temperaments in people.

I believe I'm pretty good at this, but I need your help.
    How do you evaluate if someone if static or dynamic, and introvert or extrovert?

TIM
    FSE
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

are you serious?

Edit: oh, yes you are. (didn't know that was a real thing, my bad)

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Destroypuppy View Post
    First of all, I have been reading on the smilingeye's socionics.

Let's suppose he's on to something.

He says there are 4 type of person.

Hot-Dynamic
    Hot-Static
    Cold-Dynamic
    Cold-Static

Which are all 4 temperaments.

So instead of trying to type people with polr and ha, I'm trying to see the temperaments in people.

I believe I'm pretty good at this, but I need your help.
    How do you evaluate if someone if static or dynamic, and introvert or extrovert?
    What does "hot" and "cold" mean in your context?

Introvert. Spends more time thinking, zoning out, and processing the data they recieve when in front of the computer.
    Extrovert. Spends more time gathering data when in front of the computer.

Static, life is a series of episodes: (this period of time was my childhood, this period of time were my teenage years, this period of time was college, this was my "wtf do I do with my life" phase, this period was the "execute life" phase.
    Dynamic: life is one giant flowing journey with each event caused by a previous event.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I like the descriptive names for the temperaments:

Ip: Receptive-adaptive
    Ep: Flexible-maneuvering
    Ij: Balanced-stable
    Ej: Linear-assertive

Introverted
    tries to conserve energy (energized by extroverts)
    narrower range of interests that are understood in greater depth
    speaks about things in terms of relationships and how they personally feel/think about them
    in communication & relationships are responsive to others' initiative

Extroverted
    must expend energy
    more expansive and broad range of interests & knowledge
    speaks about things as existing more "objectively" and apart from themselves
    main initiators in communication & relationships

the above is kind of a summary of this chart, which i like: http://www.socionics.us/theory/ext_int.shtml

not sure about Static/Dynamic, it's not a dichotomy i can identify relatively consistently. when trying to identify temperaments, it's Rationality/Irrationality that stand out more to me. http://www.socionics.us/theory/rat_irr.shtml
    Last edited by glam; 09-08-2013 at 02:49 AM.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Temperament is a very good way to type people, but there are a few ways to do so. Static/Dynamic is one of the ways to achieve a piece of the puzzle.

http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=Static#Statics

I think verbalization and communication tendancies is quite important in socionic typing and use this as my gold standard in type analysis. The article above has a few way of thinking about evaluating static/dynamic.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have found that the best thing for static and dynamic is to talk to them. Don't look for episodic versus sequential thinking. Instead, you are to look for whether or not you can pick up on their subconscious thoughts. The whole point of Socionics is personal interaction. If you have the same memory type, you will exchange information. If you have opposite memory types you will recognize each others needs.

Example, I met this guy (my dual an ESE) at the art museum. We started talking about photography and his life. I liked him and wanted to get to know him. When he started to leave, he stopped and gave me his business card. He saw my subconscious need. I met another ESE (the Corporate Operations Officer at the art museum) and I basically can see all of her unstated needs, like if she needs company or if she is happy, sad, in love, or so on. I see those unstated aspects better than what she actually says. (And this is the whole purpose of observing this trait ... this is a theory of marriage counseling!)

Static / Dynamic sets up easy communication in a family setting.

Static / Static and Dynamic / Dynamic does not work as well inside the home. Same memory style = "friend zone" or workplace acquaintance. You will notice this, once you look for it.
    Last edited by Saberstorm; 09-09-2013 at 08:47 PM.

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I typed my mom today, she is a ESE, and I could hear the focus on the actions that took place, rather then focus on the changes of states.

Ps: I am now certain that i'm an ILE. (Just like The Doctor )

But i'll check this out, mister LII, about needs and stuff, seems cool to know.

Getting typed by my parents helps.

Anyway, its not like I have a fixed way of life, that is the thing about ILE, we are only constant in our inconstancy.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

When I first hang out with a group of people, I watch the female SEE be the loud and attention grabbing ones. And, I watch myself say nothing and just listen to others talk.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    I have found that the best thing for static and dynamic is to talk to them. Don't look for episodic versus sequential thinking. Instead, you are to look for whether or not you can pick up on their subconscious thoughts. The whole point of Socionics is personal interaction. If you have the same memory type, you will exchange information. If you have opposite memory types you will recognize each others needs.

Example, I met this guy (my dual an ESE) at the art museum. We started talking about photography and his life. I liked him and wanted to get to know him. When he started to leave, he stopped and gave me his business card. He saw my subconscious need. I met another ESE (the Corporate Operations Officer at the art museum) and I basically can see all of her unstated needs, like if she needs company or if she is happy, sad, in love, or so on. I see those unstated aspects better than what she actually says. (And this is the whole purpose of observing this trait ... this is a theory of marriage counseling!)

Static / Dynamic sets up easy communication in a family setting.

Static / Static and Dynamic / Dynamic does not work as well inside the home. Same memory style = "friend zone" or workplace acquaintance. You will notice this, once you look for it.
    I find that when I talk to an ESE, she will notice someone wearing something odd and try to describe it to me, laughing and teasing or making sarcastic remarks about it. She's using an extraverted Fe to pick up on my cues as she makes fun of someone else's style, but someone like an LSE will look at my own behavior as they make fun of someone else's dress.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    SEE sx sp (8)46
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like your ghandi quote and se is definitely force. Per theory, its definately force (I know I shouldn't pick on the eii's but I can't help it)