Thread: How to make an EII to forget about you

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default How to make an EII to forget you

How to make an EII to forget aboutyou? Is it possible or they will always remember you and try to talk to you again forever? Why does Fi would want to continue relations even if s/he feel bitter about it? Why an EII doesnt want to end up relations or just leave stuff as it is (when this other person already stopped talking to her)?
    Last edited by Hope; 01-08-2020 at 05:58 PM.

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Make them hate you by telling them that you eat babies and crank call old widows on Christmas.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Forgetting is a function of memory not type. EIIs tend to be rather objective in a moralistic sort of way so they are able to communicate rationally even though they may despise someone's behaviour or actions. When EIIs don't distance themselves, there's usually unfinished business. EIIs tend to rehash their mistakes with various what-ifs but this doesn't mean that they'll repeat them. It may be possible to notice them deliberately holding themselves above the fray when they do communicate, often appearing somewhat sanctimonious. EIIs may regret and will always look back but they do move on......

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by A Moderator View Post
    Make them hate you by telling them that you eat babies and crank call old widows on Christmas.
    It doesn't work. They don't care. We did that together on past Christmas.
    Last edited by Hope; 12-16-2018 at 11:15 PM.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Time to take it to the next level.

Eat *their* baby.

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post

Eat *their* baby.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post

Eat *their* baby.
    Lmao

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BOT View Post
    In how many years that is likely to happen exactly? Because 2 years at least already passed since zero contact, and before that like 12 with intermittent/uncomfortable contact.
    And yes, she's sanctimonious thats one of the reasons why I decided to not talk to her anymore.
    About the unfinished business, I don't think there is something like that, she just said that she needs my help, but thats probably not even true, I think its just a way to bring my attention back at her because she knows I rarely deny that kind of help.
    All in all, I think some ppl of these types just create along time large webs with ppl they like/interest them, as ways to supply several needs...novelty/boredom (they approach one, let others in stand by, then approach again when bored of those others), affection, self worth/ego (they compete and compare themselves with others and try to make others recognizing their qualities), support, romance etc When someone gets off naturally they'll try to bring him/her back periodically.
    Have you ever told her straight out that you didn't want any contact with her whatsoever - no weasel-words? As direct and cutting as ISTp can be to people that don't matter, they tend to be rather uncommunicative about their true wishes with people who do, as if they hedge their bets, just in case.

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remembering is Si.

EIIs are capable of giving up, as is any other type.

Just let go instead of letting it bother you and it will be easier to break the psychic bond.
    ~* astralsilky

Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

Post types & fully individuated before 2012 ...

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unless you tell her directly she won't stop. She'll still think that she can fix relations because, bitter or not, cutting off people just like that is no option. By avoiding her you're only shielding yourself from the responsibility of communicating your thoughts to people who can't read your mind.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vesstheastralsilky View Post
    Remembering is Si.
    Remembering is not Si, that's a misconception took from Jung text and extended mistake on this forum. Saying that remembering is Si is like saying that running is Se, which is not. Running is a body function, remembering is a brain one, Si is a personality trait. Jung proposed a theory of personality not a theory of brain functioning. Just wanted to point out that.

EIIs are capable of giving up, as is any other type.
    Just let go instead of letting it bother you and it will be easier to break the psychic bond.
    Yes, that's very true, thanks for the advice and the reminding. In such relations there are indeed psychic bonds.

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remembering is not Si, that's a misconception took from Jung text and extended mistake on this forum. Saying that remembering is Si is like saying that running is Se, which is not. Running is a body function, remembering is a brain one, Si is a personality trait. Jung proposed a theory of personality not a theory of brain functions ...
    I do disagree with your philosophy and am still a bit traditional wrt Jung, but time will tell how cognitive science will unfold on these topics. There are obviously many ideas on this site and we should feel safe enough to freely discuss them so thank you for expressing your view to help others know of the varieties of thought still occurring on these things.
    ~* astralsilky

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If they valued you, or something like that, then there is little you can do on your end, except physical distance. You don't get to control the tempo of other people. Why they would want to continue even if bitter I have no clue, you would have to ask them.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vesstheastralsilky View Post
    I do disagree with your philosophy and am still a bit traditional wrt Jung, but time will tell how cognitive science will unfold on these topics. There are obviously many ideas on this site and we should feel safe enough to freely discuss them so thank you for expressing your view to help others know of the varieties of thought still occurring on these things.
    yes, though is not about my philosophy, its about what Jung textually said.

Si is centered on the Subjective Perception of objects. Se is centered on Objective Perception objects.

A subjective perception is basically a genuine and unconscious interpretation of objects, through the self and the psychic elements of the higher order in the background of the object, in a "sub specie aeternitatis" sense. Which means Si is an atemporal element.

Sub specie aeternitatis (Latin for "under the aspect of eternity"),[1] is, from Baruch Spinoza onwards, an honorific expression describing what is universally and eternally true, without any reference to or dependence upon the temporal portions of reality.
    The conception of Si related to past came from the example of the old conscience given by Jung in Si description, but that's just an example or illustration, not that Si is actually centered in past.

Jung on Si:

Sensation, is concerned with the object and the objective stimulus. It, too, has a subjective factor, for beside the object sensed there stands a sensing subject (the I), who contributes with his subjective disposition to the objective stimulus. In the introverted attitude sensation is definitely based upon the subjective portion of perception.

It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them. Such a consciousness would see the becoming and the passing of things beside their present and momentary existence, and not only that, but at the same time it would also see that Other, which was before their becoming and will be after their passing hence. To this consciousness the present moment is improbable.
    Then, others socionics authors don't understand Si as past or memory either, it just happens in MBTI as a misconception of Jung texts. That's why Si in MBTI is not Si in socionics. And actually Si in MBTI has not much relation with Jung texts either.
    Last edited by Hope; 12-16-2018 at 10:04 PM.

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, though is not about my philosophy, its about what Jung textually said.

Si is centered on the Subjective Perception of Objects. Se is centered on Objective Perception of objects.

A subjective perception is basically a genuine and unconscious interpretation of objects through the self and the psychic elements of the higher order in the background of the object in a "sub specie aeternitatis" sense. Which means Si is an atemporal element.

The conception of Si related with past came from the example of the old conscience given by Jung in Si description, but that's just an example or illustration, not that it actually is centered in past.

Jung on Si:

Then, others socionics authors don't understand Si as past or memory either, it just happens in MBTI as a wrong misconception from Jung texts. That's why Si in MBTI is not Si in socionics. And actually Si in MBTI has not much relation with Jung texts either.
    Yes, I have read and considered these ideas intently before. I have read all of Jung on his notion of functions as well as tons of Socionics literature over the years. PoLR hit forgiven.
    ~* astralsilky

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Mentally part of them will always remember you and the emotional impact you had on them and others. For eternity. Esp. with 4D Fi.

If they are still trying to engage to be with you and you want them to just leave you alone, idk maybe pretend to act like their illusionary for awhile. Eventually they should get bored and move on.

It is impossible to wipe away the Fi footprints we make in the world though. Nobody gets away that easy.
    Last edited by Hot Scalding Gayser; 11-26-2018 at 12:38 AM.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Jung proposed a theory of personality not a theory of brain functioning. Just wanted to point out that.
    So you don't think that personality originates in the brain?
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

8. EII. The need to dominate.
    For Dostoevsky it is important to be the one who directs, teaches, and instructs.

The instinctive "right to correction" for the EII is not only a psychological defense, allowing him or her to be above criticism and thus feeling free from it. It is also a method to obtain compensation on reconstructive, corrective, involutionary aspects of -Ne, -Fe, -Se and -Te, and a program of full-fledged expansion, and planned, natural "conquest" via step-wise broadening of his sphere of opportunities and privileges on the evolutionary, constructivist aspects: +Fi, +Ti, +Si, +Ni. With his remarks, statements, and criticisms, the EII tries to make up for the lack of attention, care and beneficial services coming from his partner. This essentially constitutes EII's way of pulling the privileges over to his side.

The more the EII taken care of, the more attention she or he requires. From his side, the EII pays a lot of attention to his new acquaintances and friends. The closer the EII becoming to a person, the more he thinks of them. And therefore he demands a "report" from them: "Where were you and what were you doing? Were you thinking of me? I was thinking of you. When were you thinking of me? Me too! I could feel that you were thinking of me, this is why I'm calling you...". For the EII it is very important to be the "possessor" of the mind of his partner, to enter into close personal contact with this person, to build a close soulful connection with him at close distance, and then proceed to keep the person at this distance and not lose ground.

As a result a particular model of relations is built with which the EII can effortlessly manipulate his partner, keep him under constant moral and psychological dependence, entangle him with various requests and obligations, requiring attention to his persona and ever-increasing amount of care, and know of all his partner's plans, intentions, and actions, thus obtaining all the necessary information about him or her.

Isn't this a little too much to ask for? These are only the starting requirements.
    Strat.'s EII-LSE dual description

Tell her that encounters with her leave a bad taste and that you don't need her. She'll find that offensive and break off relations.

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The EII makes many "strategic" concessions during the period of "conquest" of a person. Once he has established himself in a relationship, he starts trying to regain what was "lost", to "win back" lost grounds with unlimited expansionism.
    To why she won't let go.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olimpia View Post
    So you don't think that personality originates in the brain?
    I never said it doesn't. I said that a theory to standardize personalities has nothing to do with actual brain and physical abilities, such as run, think or talk.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    Have you ever told her straight out that you didn't want any contact with her whatsoever - no weasel-words? As direct and cutting as ISTp can be to people that don't matter, they tend to be rather uncommunicative about their true wishes with people who do, as if they hedge their bets, just in case.

a.k.a. I/O
    Yes, a direct "I need to break contact with you. I wish you the best. Goodbye." is best. If there's uncertainty, it keeps those loose threads, as mentioned.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Atari View Post
    Why an EII doesnt want to end up relations
    feelings may stay

> How to make an EII to forget about you?

try to wait