Thread: ESI - EII Dynamic (ISFj-INFj)

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ESI - EII Dynamic (ISFj-INFj)

I was wondering if you have any personal experience with and observation on this (I've read the theory bits already and wanted to get more of a first hand feel for the thing); I'm talking about general relationality rather than romantic (any setting)

TIM
    EII 4w3 Sx/sp
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have an ESI guy friend, and we get along quite well, it's just that there's a communication barrier and some awkwardness around each other; he had a crush on me once and I didn't know till it was over because he was so shy and I misinterpreted the gifts he gave me and things he did for me. Online, however, we'd talk on and on and our conversations were damn interesting.

C-EII-INFj 4w3 Sx/sp 479

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know, not much experience... they seem to get along okay but there are moments of brutality between the two. From my Beta perspective it's usually the EII being more unfair than the gamma. EIIs are often downright sociopathic when they are upset about something or even when they are just teasing- the idea that people have them as harmless angels I don't get. When an ESI is upset about something it feels more justified from my vantage point. Benefactor bias.

Speaking of EIIs being innocent and perfect- did Maritsa leave us forever lol.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Fairly good with respect to casual relationships. They often seem to conflict on perception and importance, which could be a source of division in more interdependent relationships......

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    Fairly good with respect to casual relationships. They often seem to conflict on perception and importance, which could be a source of division in more interdependent relationships......

a.k.a. I/O
    like a work relation for instance, is that more interdependent?

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tons of Experience. Family.

Its truly a terrible dynamic.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Tons of Experience. Family.

Its truly a terrible dynamic.
    Curious minds want to know more.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    like a work relation for instance, is that more interdependent?
    Yes, I've seen several work situations come unhinged - and socially, two sisters that stared daggers at one another......

a.k.a. I/O

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ESI is a representation of someone who is quicker to act than EII representation. EII seems to consider things that do not seem to hold as much weight in matter at hand. However, the weakness of ESI is that it should take a little more time to think before acting.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nebula View Post
    ESI is a representation of someone who is quicker to act than EII representation. EII seems to consider things that do not seem to hold as much weight in matter at hand. However, the weakness of ESI is that it should take a little more time to think before acting.
    Yes, exactly, i was wondering what happens when these two come together from what members here have observed.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One pattern I have seen: the EII forgets something / is neglectful and the ESI gets mad and calls him out for being lazy/inattentive. He in turn tries to get the ESI to calm down and tries to explain what happened, but this is seen as an excuse (Ne vs Se).

Overall didn't seem to be a very comfortable relationship for close-range interaction (similar to my experiences with LSIs).

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    One pattern I have seen: the EII forgets something / is neglectful and the ESI gets mad and calls him out for being lazy/inattentive.
    The abbility to forget or don't do a promised is same at both types.

> Overall didn't seem to be a very comfortable relationship for close-range interaction (similar to my experiences with LSIs)

This depends on what to do. Cooperation based on same functions is good. In general, it's neutral relations close to identity. You saw 2 people of random types and random context and then generalized them on everything about concrete types.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post

> Overall didn't seem to be a very comfortable relationship for close-range interaction (similar to my experiences with LSIs)

This depends on what to do. Cooperation based on same functions is good. In general, it's neutral relations close to identity. You saw 2 people of random types and random context and then generalized them on everything about concrete types.
    How much have you observed the differences in valuing Se versus valuing Ne come into play? I'd guess it'd a be a big part of it since the creative is the function of personal breakthrough it seems

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    I'd guess it'd a be a big part of it since the creative is the function of personal breakthrough it seems
    Bush said wrong for comparision of traits of two types (seems his "EII" was P type). EII don't break promises significantly more than ESI, and sure have not worse memory.

They may get opposing in how to do secondary things, what background support is needed to achieve the main aim, what ways to choose to achieve the aims.
    For example. EII may offer new ways to follow, ESI will stay suspicious to them. ESI will try to force simple and proved decisions, EII will not like to be forced to follow banal ways.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The abbility to forget or don't do a promised is same at both types.......
    I agree. A lot of it seems to stem from the Ij's tendency to treat data as transient and disposable. And, in their search for the appropriate strategies or answers, they can subconsciously reinvent data that better suits their plans; here, I'm not referring to deliberate lying, of which all types are capable.
    a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No. Weak Se.

I've seen other comparative relations work better. But most people by definition have very little (if any) experience with any particular pairing.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    No. Weak Se.
    Optionality relates mostly to: P, non valued Fi.
    To weak Se may relate in extreme conditions when a human needs high will to do something.
    And mb in conditions of weak regions work, as people tire and bad there (like I may to come late anywhere not because of Se, but damn Ni management).

> I've seen other comparative relations work better.

Same IR should work similarly at all pairs of types.
    The difference in efficiency of the cooperation may appear from: 1) situations, where roles of different valued functions arise and hence they get more of contradictions, 2) wrong types.
    Such may be explained the differences in your observations without input of new entities.

> But most people by definition have very little (if any) experience with any particular pairing.

Most people type so awfully, that even having the experience they'd mostly did not understood what they had to make the correct conclusions. And some people have too much of the inclination to pass the borders of the classical theory, which claims these IR as neutral and the favorableness of IR is independent to the concrete pair of types.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A little update on my end: this relationship at work is not as good as in other settings, esp. if there is competition. Also ESI seems more prone and quicker to want to influence one's attitude towards other people in the work place. I'g guess mostly the EII would feel pressure from ESI so it is not a relationship of equals exactly.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a guy EII and I dated a girl ESI, and there was that strong Fi/Fi connection that made me feel like we understood each other deeply. Well we understood how deeply we felt about each other but later found out a bunch of things we did not understand about each other and it was a bunch of little irritating things, foods we liked, didn't like, house etiquette like what should be kept clean or not. Looking back now the most difficult thing was, and I didn't realize at the time, was her punches to my weak Se. She would get a very sharp temper sometimes, like a quick burst of anger, and that sometimes felt like it caused me physical pain, but it also made me look weak to back away from confrontation like that, and she might of lost respect for me because of that, also she would be playfully forceful and I did not really find the fun in that, she would also make objective comments like if I could not pick her up she would say "You're weak." and that just kicked me right in the ego, and I had no real way to justify my emotional butthurt from those comments lol. Also I realized I was kind of sentimental and romantic and she was not lol, she felt weird with my more sentimental expressions of affection, and that just killed the moment for me. I felt like we really loved each other because of how intense the emotional connection felt, but there were issues beyond intense emotional connection. I also think we both secretly expected the other to be good at Te, she actually told me she needed someone who was more organized and could help her get her shit together, I felt sort of scared that I would disappoint her in that area. There were times where she would have a feeling and just go with it and I would tell her we have to think before we do things, she agreed with me but also felt like I needed to follow my feelings more sometimes.

Overall I felt like we were two wobbly children fumbling around in an adult world filled with responsibilities, we understood the "wobbliness" of the other and felt like we strongly related to each other in that.

TIM
    ESI 468 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pixel View Post
    I'm a guy EII and I dated a girl ESI, and there was that strong Fi/Fi connection that made me feel like we understood each other deeply. Well we understood how deeply we felt about each other but later found out a bunch of things we did not understand about each other and it was a bunch of little irritating things, foods we liked, didn't like, house etiquette like what should be kept clean or not. Looking back now the most difficult thing was, and I didn't realize at the time, was her punches to my weak Se. She would get a very sharp temper sometimes, like a quick burst of anger, and that sometimes felt like it caused me physical pain, but it also made me look weak to back away from confrontation like that, and she might of lost respect for me because of that, also she would be playfully forceful and I did not really find the fun in that, she would also make objective comments like if I could not pick her up she would say "You're weak." and that just kicked me right in the ego, and I had no real way to justify my emotional butthurt from those comments lol. Also I realized I was kind of sentimental and romantic and she was not lol, she felt weird with my more sentimental expressions of affection, and that just killed the moment for me. I felt like we really loved each other because of how intense the emotional connection felt, but there were issues beyond intense emotional connection. I also think we both secretly expected the other to be good at Te, she actually told me she needed someone who was more organized and could help her get her shit together, I felt sort of scared that I would disappoint her in that area. There were times where she would have a feeling and just go with it and I would tell her we have to think before we do things, she agreed with me but also felt like I needed to follow my feelings more sometimes.

Overall I felt like we were two wobbly children fumbling around in an adult world filled with responsibilities, we understood the "wobbliness" of the other and felt like we strongly related to each other in that.
    Very well described.

I am ESI in a ten-year (PLUS) relationship (and seven-year marriage) with an EII. The above is pretty accurate. Definitely accurate (especially about the ESI's aggressiveness and making the EII feel weak maybe unintentionally). I am guilty of telling my husband to man up in certain situation, which he HATES to hear.

A recurring theme is me trying to get my EII to do things he doesn't want to do. A nightmare. "Hey, let's drive to the coast for the day with the kids." He gets very nervous and overwhelmed. Wants like a week's notice or something. Thinks driving is boring (I think it's a fun road trip) and thinks just a day somewhere is pointless. He doesn't want to travel unless it's easy and everything's done for him.

Another theme is me trying to get him to do his fair share around the house. I do a ton and I don't want to rub it in his face but I do expect a similar amount of effort on his part.

Lots of frustration. Lots of communication misunderstandings. Lots of him wanting me to read his mind. Lots of mumbling stuff and then when I say, "What was that?" refusing to say what it was. Probably an insult, LOL.

The positives? When we didn't have kids we could get into all night conversations. Really felt fun and interesting. We enjoyed going out to see music and to play music together. We are both artists and admire each other's creativity. We both like the serenity of nature. Pretty good sexual chemistry although less so in the beginning stages of the relationship. I admire how hardworking he can be, and what a WONDERFUL father he is to our kids.

Any questions about relation dynamics and I will be glad to fill you in. I realize my response above is incomplete and disjointed.

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsTortilla View Post
    Very well described.

I am ESI in a ten-year (PLUS) relationship (and seven-year marriage) with an EII. The above is pretty accurate. Definitely accurate (especially about the ESI's aggressiveness and making the EII feel weak maybe unintentionally). I am guilty of telling my husband to man up in certain situation, which he HATES to hear.

A recurring theme is me trying to get my EII to do things he doesn't want to do. A nightmare. "Hey, let's drive to the coast for the day with the kids." He gets very nervous and overwhelmed. Wants like a week's notice or something. Thinks driving is boring (I think it's a fun road trip) and thinks just a day somewhere is pointless. He doesn't want to travel unless it's easy and everything's done for him.

Another theme is me trying to get him to do his fair share around the house. I do a ton and I don't want to rub it in his face but I do expect a similar amount of effort on his part.

Lots of frustration. Lots of communication misunderstandings. Lots of him wanting me to read his mind. Lots of mumbling stuff and then when I say, "What was that?" refusing to say what it was. Probably an insult, LOL.

The positives? When we didn't have kids we could get into all night conversations. Really felt fun and interesting. We enjoyed going out to see music and to play music together. We are both artists and admire each other's creativity. We both like the serenity of nature. Pretty good sexual chemistry although less so in the beginning stages of the relationship. I admire how hardworking he can be, and what a WONDERFUL father he is to our kids.

Any questions about relation dynamics and I will be glad to fill you in. I realize my response above is incomplete and disjointed.
    Is he the one who drives?

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very well described.

Yup, everything you say to me makes sense. Especially the needing a weeks notice, because if you just pulled up on me randomly and said "Hey let's drive some where far." especially if I was looking forward to lazing around all day, I would say no before I even had time to really think about it lol, just because I am comfortable and do not feel like getting up to do something let driving far away. But with a weeks ahead of time notice I start to look forward to the drive and anticipate it. Also vulnerable Se is a major insecurity in masculinity for male EIIs so you telling them to man up is pouring gas on a fire he is lit his whole life, he probably secretly fears he's not a real man, so when you say that to him it's like "OUCH!" lol. Or that's my experience at least. But him expecting you to read his mind or see all these possibilities he sees probably doesn't feel good for you either.

But all this can be BS because apparently I'm IEI and not EII, idk anymore it's all confusing lol. All I know is that I'm INFP in MBTI and this was my relationship with ISFP in MBTI. Two MBTI Fi dominate types.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

: ( sorry Lord, I didn't mean to make it bad for you and cause more uncertainty. I just meant to share my reasonings.. but tbh I'm not sure of the typing I gave you so much, because of a series of reasons that I didn't really consider and I'm gonna post on your type thread later. I haven't stopped thinking about it and yeah.. it's more complicated than what I first thought!

And yeah lol, I can see myself in your certainty about the MBTI INFP type while in here things are far more complicated... and yeah, I have a relationship with an MBTI ISFP who's quite obviously a socionic ESI, just to make things even easier... aha.

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yup, everything you say to me makes sense. Especially the needing a weeks notice, because if you just pulled up on me randomly and said "Hey let's drive some where far." especially if I was looking forward to lazing around all day, I would say no before I even had time to really think about it lol, just because I am comfortable and do not feel like getting up to do something let driving far away. But with a weeks ahead of time notice I start to look forward to the drive and anticipate it. Also vulnerable Se is a major insecurity in masculinity for male EIIs so you telling them to man up is pouring gas on a fire he is lit his whole life, he probably secretly fears he's not a real man, so when you say that to him it's like "OUCH!" lol. Or that's my experience at least. But him expecting you to read his mind or see all these possibilities he sees probably doesn't feel good for you either.

But all this can be BS because apparently I'm IEI and not EII, idk anymore it's all confusing lol. All I know is that I'm INFP in MBTI and this was my relationship with ISFP in MBTI. Two MBTI Fi dominate types.
    I think ESI gets anxious if they have to wait for a week.

Due dates make him really nervous. This is why The Enterpriser, his dual, having bought tickets to a theater, will keep it secret until the last day.*
    That seems a fundamental difference between ESI and EII.

*http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.p..._.28Dreiser.29

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    : ( sorry Lord, I didn't mean to make it bad for you and cause more uncertainty. I just meant to share my reasonings.. but tbh I'm not sure of the typing I gave you so much, because of a series of reasons that I didn't really consider and I'm gonna post on your type thread later. I haven't stopped thinking about it and yeah.. it's more complicated than what I first thought!

And yeah lol, I can see myself in your certainty about the MBTI INFP type while in here things are far more complicated... and yeah, I have a relationship with an MBTI ISFP who's quite obviously a socionic ESI, just to make things even easier... aha.
    Haha, you sure did confuse me, but it pushed me to make a video so hey that's good right? lol

I think my real struggle is not even if I am EII or IEI anymore but moreso what is IEI or EII, is it MBTI INFP or INFJ, but not sure it's the simple either. I'm starting to feel like on this site theire might be a few MBTI INFPs and INFJs that are typed as EII, and the mixture might be what's confusing for me. One EII might agree I am like them and am EII and another might think I am not like them and am IEI. So bleh, who knows, I'm gonna make a vid.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Avebury View Post
    I think ESI gets anxious if they have to wait for a week.

That seems a fundamental difference between ESI and EII.

*http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.p..._.28Dreiser.29
    This makes sense. It sounds like an Si/Se difference. I'm concerned with my comfort and they are concerned with the present moment? Idk anymore but in MBTI it makes sense lol.

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

This makes sense. It sounds like an Si/Se difference. I'm concerned with my comfort and they are concerned with the present moment? Idk anymore but in MBTI it makes sense lol.
    I would say the problem is that they have weak which they value but can't control properly.

This leads them to project into the future but also be too anxious about its unfolding. Like, what if this and that goes wrong? I've noticed polr can't properly estimate the likelyhood of something happening or not, so if you can imagine it, it probably will happen. To the ESI at least.

That is, what I would speculate at least. Keep in mind the ESI psyche is a mystery to me. Maybe I am just theorycrafting out of my ass. Keep that in mind.
    Last edited by Ave; 07-15-2018 at 08:40 PM.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Looks like EII and LSI shares some similarities. Shows that result types tend to thrive for novelty out there whereas process types tend to be more homebodies (yes, Aushra described it that way).
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say the problem is that they have weak which they value but con't control properly.

This leads them to project into the future but also be too anxious about its unfolding. Like, what if this and that goes wrong? I've noticed polr can't properly estimate the likelyhood of something happening or not, so if you can imagine it, it probably will happen. To the ESI at least.

That is, what I would speculate at least. Keep in mind the ESI psyche is a mystery to me. Maybe I am just theorycrafting out of my ass. Keep that in mind.
    Actually your ass theorycrafting makes sense.

TIM
    ESI 468 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is he the one who drives?
    Yes but he demands it! He doesn't like my driving apparently...

TIM
    ESI 468 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I definitely should never question his manhood. I know he's sensitive about it. He's also pretty manly looking (naturally muscly and tall) albeit soft-spoken so I kind of think he should just own that manliness and not be insecure about it. Just be confident!!!! haha (not really fair to him, I know.)

Another thing that strikes me as "weak" is the way that if I push back about something or am a bit critical he can't then just discuss it or laugh about it or consider it and respond. It's like an instant bruise from me to him, and then he doesn't come back with anything, just sulks like I have wounded him, which I find TIRING. I then beg him to engage me in the discussion and he seems offended and just says he doesn't know what to say or doesn't have anything to say. ARRRGGGGGHHHHHH

It can definitely seem like a lot of walking on eggshells sometimes.

And yeah, he likes his lazing around and doesn't want that disturbed by my spontaneous ideas. His term is "bombardment." Anything I bring up that is something to do (Se) seems to feel to him like I'm just bombarding him. I have to be quite careful about bringing things up that cause him anxiety, and incidentally for this reason I also handle all the bill paying and managing finances, etc.

And @Avebury, yes, I hate waiting. My EII LOVES the anticipation of things (loves surprises, loves to NOT know what a present is going to be, loves looking forward to things he is excited about, etc). I like to have something to look forward to but I don't like that anticipation. If I want to do something I'd much prefer to do it NOW NOW NOW. ;->

TIM
    ESI 468 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    Looks like EII and LSI shares some similarities. Shows that result types tend to thrive for novelty out there whereas process types tend to be more homebodies (yes, Aushra described it that way).
    Interesting! My EII and my LSI brother get along quite well so I wouldn't be surprised.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I definitely should never question his manhood. I know he's sensitive about it. He's also pretty manly looking (naturally muscly and tall) albeit soft-spoken so I kind of think he should just own that manliness and not be insecure about it. Just be confident!!!! haha (not really fair to him, I know.)

Another thing that strikes me as "weak" is the way that if I push back about something or am a bit critical he can't then just discuss it or laugh about it or consider it and respond. It's like an instant bruise from me to him, and then he doesn't come back with anything, just sulks like I have wounded him, which I find TIRING. I then beg him to engage me in the discussion and he seems offended and just says he doesn't know what to say or doesn't have anything to say. ARRRGGGGGHHHHHH

It can definitely seem like a lot of walking on eggshells sometimes.

And yeah, he likes his lazing around and doesn't want that disturbed by my spontaneous ideas. His term is "bombardment." Anything I bring up that is something to do (Se) seems to feel to him like I'm just bombarding him. I have to be quite careful about bringing things up that cause him anxiety, and incidentally for this reason I also handle all the bill paying and managing finances, etc.

And @Avebury, yes, I hate waiting. My EII LOVES the anticipation of things (loves surprises, loves to NOT know what a present is going to be, loves looking forward to things he is excited about, etc). I like to have something to look forward to but I don't like that anticipation. If I want to do something I'd much prefer to do it NOW NOW NOW. ;->
    All that anticipation and love not know, Ne all the way, that is definetely Ne lol. That is me also to a T.

Yup everything you said just makes me smile because I'm like this is Sooooo MBTI ISFP MBTI INFP relations right here lol.

And yea the bruising him with the push back, that's another blow to Se. I remember my ISFP girlfriend said to me one time "SHUT UP!" and I just sulked for the rest of the time I was with her, it was confusing because like I wanted to tell her "DO NOT TALK TO ME LIKE THAT! EVER!" But I felt like that would have been an overreaction, even though I thought her telling me to shut up was an overreaction, but I did not want to overreact myself, but I also wanted her to know what she had done hurt me, so I became silent and hoped she picked up on it, but I also did not want to overreact because I thought she might think me getting so mad at her telling me to shut up is weak or petty, and that would make me more mad if she thought that. It was complicated lol -_-. It just didn't want to make a big deal out of it, and solve the problem within myself, even though it hurt me still. I so badly did not want to get mad at her yelling at me like that, but I could not develop the thick enough skin.

Also the bombardment makes sense as wel. I remember one morning I woke up and had my whole day planned out in my head, I was gonna finish up some artwork I started the previous day, I had ben looking forward to working on the computer, then my friend comes and asks me if I want to go to the movies, I told him no, he looked at me like I was a jerk, but I mean I wish I had know before I started looking fo much forward to working on my artwork all day, I just wanted a nice day to myself and a 2 hour movie would take me away form that, if I wanted ot get something to eat for 10 mins I would of said yea, but 2 hours of distraction away form what I really want to do, I wouldn't be able to watch the movie without wanting to rush home and make up for the time I lost. So those spontaneous ideas sometimes can take me away form something I was really anticipating lol.

I loved the Fi/Fi connection with her though, it was so intense and felt like we spoke the same language, and I felt like I could be my WHOOOOLE self around her. It's funny how different we are.

TIM
    ESI 468 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All that anticipation and love not know, Ne all the way, that is definetely Ne lol. That is me also to a T.

Yup everything you said just makes me smile because I'm like this is Sooooo MBTI ISFP MBTI INFP relations right here lol.

And yea the bruising him with the push back, that's another blow to Se. I remember my ISFP girlfriend said to me one time "SHUT UP!" and I just sulked for the rest of the time I was with her, it was confusing because like I wanted to tell her "DO NOT TALK TO ME LIKE THAT! EVER!" But I felt like that would have been an overreaction, even though I thought her telling me to shut up was an overreaction, but I did not want to overreact myself, but I also wanted her to know what she had done hurt me, so I became silent and hoped she picked up on it, but I also did not want to overreact because I thought she might think me getting so mad at her telling me to shut up is weak or petty, and that would make me more mad if she thought that. It was complicated lol -_-. It just didn't want to make a big deal out of it, and solve the problem within myself, even though it hurt me still. I so badly did not want to get mad at her yelling at me like that, but I could not develop the thick enough skin.

Also the bombardment makes sense as wel. I remember one morning I woke up and had my whole day planned out in my head, I was gonna finish up some artwork I started the previous day, I had ben looking forward to working on the computer, then my friend comes and asks me if I want to go to the movies, I told him no, he looked at me like I was a jerk, but I mean I wish I had know before I started looking fo much forward to working on my artwork all day, I just wanted a nice day to myself and a 2 hour movie would take me away form that, if I wanted ot get something to eat for 10 mins I would of said yea, but 2 hours of distraction away form what I really want to do, I wouldn't be able to watch the movie without wanting to rush home and make up for the time I lost. So those spontaneous ideas sometimes can take me away form something I was really anticipating lol.

I loved the Fi/Fi connection with her though, it was so intense and felt like we spoke the same language, and I felt like I could be my WHOOOOLE self around her. It's funny how different we are.
    So interesting! Same with us: we actually will say to each other how we just wouldn't be able to be ourselves with anyone else (or so we think). And that includes completely silly, completely WHATEVER in every circumstance, we just don't have to put on any false personality. Whatever our problems, that is a very good thing.

Something I have realized regarding your main paragraph above (and I only have recently figured this solution out and have told my husband to try it): If he could respond to a "bruised" situation with humor and doggedly do so until I crack and just lighten up, that would work. It would take a little effort and a learning curve, but it would probably fix a lot of our communication troubles. If he sulks it annoys me, if he occasionally flips out angry back it's way too over the top, but if he jokes back (RARELY) it seems to work. Sometimes he'll try the humor approach but I stubbornly don't react. So I have told him to keep at the humor just a little longer and it WILL work eventually. This is what I'm hoping we'll master in order to dissolve our issues in future.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So interesting! Same with us: we actually will say to each other how we just wouldn't be able to be ourselves with anyone else (or so we think). And that includes completely silly, completely WHATEVER in every circumstance, we just don't have to put on any false personality. Whatever our problems, that is a very good thing.

Something I have realized regarding your main paragraph above (and I only have recently figured this solution out and have told my husband to try it): If he could respond to a "bruised" situation with humor and doggedly do so until I crack and just lighten up, that would work. It would take a little effort and a learning curve, but it would probably fix a lot of our communication troubles. If he sulks it annoys me, if he occasionally flips out angry back it's way too over the top, but if he jokes back (RARELY) it seems to work. Sometimes he'll try the humor approach but I stubbornly don't react. So I have told him to keep at the humor just a little longer and it WILL work eventually. This is what I'm hoping we'll master in order to dissolve our issues in future.
    Yup, that sweet Fi leading connection is wonderful. That's how I knew ISFj was my kindred IR. Even before I new about Socionics I felt like my ISFP ex was related to me like a cousin or something. No changing myself trying to be something I am not, she loved me for who I really was and I loved her for everything she was. Yup I agree with everything you say there, I felt like she was the only perosn I could be that way with.

Hah so I was right, lashing out in anger is too way over the top just like I thought, see that's why I refrained because I knew YELLING SO LOUD BACK AT HER would not really work and just look immature and super butthurt about something so small lol. Funny thing is I learned to deal with pain through joking later in life, but sometimes when someone forcefully yells at you it's hard to say a joke when you either feel physical pain from their tone of voice or you just feel intense anger, in those moments I naturally either sulk or shut down trying to calm myself down and fix the problem inside myself. I do remember one time where my ISFP ex was mad at me, and I sort of just grabbed her in a playful hug and she broke into a smile and couldn't be mad anymore looool, that was great.

TIM
    ESI 468 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup, that sweet Fi leading connection is wonderful. That's how I knew ISFj was my kindred IR. Even before I new about Socionics I felt like my ISFP ex was related to me like a cousin or something. No changing myself trying to be something I am not, she loved me for who I really was and I loved her for everything she was. Yup I agree with everything you say there, I felt like she was the only perosn I could be that way with.

Hah so I was right, lashing out in anger is too way over the top just like I thought, see that's why I refrained because I knew YELLING SO LOUD BACK AT HER would not really work and just look immature and super butthurt about something so small lol. Funny thing is I learned to deal with pain through joking later in life, but sometimes when someone forcefully yells at you it's hard to say a joke when you either feel physical pain from their tone of voice or you just feel intense anger, in those moments I naturally either sulk or shut down trying to calm myself down and fix the problem inside myself. I do remember one time where my ISFP ex was mad at me, and I sort of just grabbed her in a playful hug and she broke into a smile and couldn't be mad anymore looool, that was great.
    I really understand why it is hard to implement the joking thing when actually in the situation. VERY hard to forcibly do this. But if it can be done it totally diffuses the tension. In the bolded above, this is the PERFECT way to deal with this stuff. That and validating stuff she was upset about. I feel like my husband also does very little to say, "I understand why you're upset, I'm sorry, and here's what we'll do about it." I really wish he WOULD. Instead he assumes I know he gets it and never validates me. I don't know if this is just what anybody wants to hear when they're upset or if it's what Fi's want to hear or ESI's want to hear, but it's definitely what I need to hear and would quash my upset pretty quickly if he reassured me like this. If you're ever in a situation like this again now you know what to do. ;-D

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really understand why it is hard to implement the joking thing when actually in the situation. VERY hard to forcibly do this. But if it can be done it totally diffuses the tension. In the bolded above, this is the PERFECT way to deal with this stuff. That and validating stuff she was upset about. I feel like my husband also does very little to say, "I understand why you're upset, I'm sorry, and here's what we'll do about it." I really wish he WOULD. Instead he assumes I know he gets it and never validates me. I don't know if this is just what anybody wants to hear when they're upset or if it's what Fi's want to hear or ESI's want to hear, but it's definitely what I need to hear and would quash my upset pretty quickly if he reassured me like this. If you're ever in a situation like this again now you know what to do. ;-D
    I think it would be easier for him to do it if he knows for sure that it will work, if not he might be unsure and think "Maybe she doesn't like the joking this time, ok I'll stop." Also it might be easier for him to do it if he know that when you are mad or push him it's really not your intention to bruise him, he might then think it's his own personal problem, not something you are trying to do, and he might joke just so he can solve the problem for himself, so he's not internally mad or sulking. I can see how he would assume you get that he gets why you are mad, Ne once again. I think he is very capable of voicing that he gets it if asked like " Do you get why I'm pissed." Or "You don't even get why I'm pissed!" But that might also be hard to voice if you are angry. Yes I think your Fi want's the be validated, like you want someone to acknowledge your feelings as valid, instead of dismissing them or not understanding them, same with me, I think it's an Fi thing. I think the "here's what well do about it part is largely Te, ready to take action and solve the problem, he might understand why but not always know a solution. But I imagine understanding is half the battle and relieves the heart greatly.
    But yea thanks, that's useful information, this is exactly the sort of stuff I came to this site for lol.

Just for, idk, giggles, on an MBTI site their are ISFPs that do creative :^D face emojis too, and my ex used to do face crazy face emojis too, not the normal : ) ones. Lol idk, just saw that.

TIM
    ESI 693 Sp/Sx
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My sister is EII. I have seen her often choosing the easiest way out or the path with the least resistance even though she knew deep down she should have chosen differently. And the most annoying part is she always framed it as her being open minded and me not giving people or situation enough benefit of doubt while all I wanted is for her not to be a doormat and not to be taken advantage of.

She is now married to her dual and her dual has helped her with Te and Se and now we see eye to eye much better.

Interesting enough the only time she stands up for herself without outside help is when she is dealing with SLE's.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A lonng time ago I wrote about ESI-IEE interactions, the dynamics between them is not unlike that between ESIs-EIIs:

http://mavericksocionics.blogspot.co...vs-iee-vs.html

Basically it boils down to this: ESIs are hands-on people that get things done, first and foremost by just doing it, thus Se or sheer will power. This is also the message that they subconsciously send out. Now Se is the EIIs PoLR, so you can understand how EIIs will respond to that. If you want an EII to be productive, you need to feed them Te, not Se.

And obviously, EIIs will have their moments when they want to direct the course of the ESIs as well, feeding them Ne instead of Ni.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Banned
    TIM
    EII-Ne 6w5 SP/SX 629
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have experience with ESI , and that's my dad and my little brother type. We get along and rarely fight. But , he annoyed by my PoLR Se.
    It's weird , I'm close with them

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast