Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Feel awkward... but thanks

This will be looooong!
    I have a very complicated overreactive sensitive skin that itches or breaks down for nothing.
    I do not buy any specific skincare because creams for dry skin make me break out and shine.
    Those for normal skin are not soothing enough, those for combination skin are overdrying etc...
    I react even to overeractive skin skincare It is not perfect either but I consider it decent at the moment.

So before putting anything on my skin there are some rules I follow even if I am dead drunk:
    Always wash my skin in the morning with gentle foam for sensitive skin (no soap!)
    Always take my make up off (very important) or wash my face before going to bed to get rid of impurities of the day

I do not get tanned or very rarely with SPF50 and never between 11 and 16. I wear a sunscreen in summer

So usually I use asian cleansing foams as they are less aggressive.
    http://www.pinkbeautyninja.com/2014/...ring-foam.html
    I buy them online. Everything of a kind on French market is too abrasive.

For moisturising, I found a super tip.
    I use moisturisers for acne-prone skin under treatment: they are safe AND very sothing. They do not make shine.
    At the moment, I have this one, it is nature friendly, contains 96% of natural ingredients and also is affordable (less than 10 euros):
    http://www.noviderm.com/eng/produit/...epair-skincare

I also use eye care morning and evening.
    I buy more expensive brands here, for the moment I use one from Kiehl's.

So basically:
    Morning
    Cleansing foam
    Moisturiser
    Eye care

Evening
    Cleansing foam
    Moisturiser
    Eye care

Additional tips:
    Face masks every week
    I put lip balm before going to bed
    If needed I can use a scrub but not very often, usually once a month. Too much scrub is way too aggressive for my skin.
    During winter, I may start a cure with AHA/BHA skincare but this is another topic as my regimen changes during this period.

Technically, my bathroom is another Sephora
    I am not a professional but I know a lot about skincare and make up.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Everyone knows the French age gracefully and don't need anything except wine and cheese for the most radiant glow.
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kore View Post
    Feel awkward... but thanks

This will be looooong!
    I have a very complicated overreactive sensitive skin that itches or breaks down for nothing.
    I do not buy any specific skincare because creams for dry skin make me break out and shine.
    Those for normal skin are not soothing enough, those for combination skin are overdrying etc...
    I react even to overeractive skin skincare It is not perfect either but I consider it decent at the moment.

So before putting anything on my skin there are some rules I follow even if I am dead drunk:
    Always wash my skin in the morning with gentle foam for sensitive skin (no soap!)
    Always take my make up off (very important) or wash my face before going to bed to get rid of impurities of the day

I do not get tanned or very rarely with SPF50 and never between 11 and 16. I wear a sunscreen in summer

So usually I use asian cleansing foams as they are less aggressive.
    http://www.pinkbeautyninja.com/2014/...ring-foam.html
    I buy them online. Everything of a kind on French market is too abrasive.
    Kore thanks for all the awesome tips! My skin could be better, but I also have been using a korean face cleanser & toner for the past 6 months or so, which have helped a ton, i love them. You're right they have been very gentle to the skin, while still cleaning well (i can't stand the cleansers that leave the face oily). This is the cleanser I've been using: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/s...eige/Cleansers. I have the "Moisture" toner with it; I'm thinking probably for the summer i should have gotten the non-moisture one, but it's been great nonetheless.

I might try the cleanser you use next though to see if i like it even better!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck. My. Life.

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elina View Post
    @Kore, I also have sensitive skin that reacts to about everything, so I wonder, what kind of weekly mask is it that you use? Most anything I'd put on my face long enough to consider it a mask would make it react
    As @Jimmers said I use wine and cheese for masks

To be serious at the moment, I use this one that I tolerate well:
    http://www.mondebio.co.uk/organic-br...50ml/6565.html

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Yeah, no matter what you do, never forget SPF 50+, AHA/BHA, retionoids, an antioxidant serum and a sufficient moisturizer.

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suz View Post
    Kore thanks for all the awesome tips! My skin could be better, but I also have been using a korean face cleanser & toner for the past 6 months or so, which have helped a ton, i love them. You're right they have been very gentle to the skin, while still cleaning well (i can't stand the cleansers that leave the face oily). This is the cleanser I've been using: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/s...eige/Cleansers. I have the "Moisture" toner with it; I'm thinking probably for the summer i should have gotten the non-moisture one, but it's been great nonetheless.

I might try the cleanser you use next though to see if i like it even better!
    I know this brand but did not test it yet. Looks as it would fit more during the summer.
    Mizon has a good range too, I tested 3 products a couple of months ago that I liked pretty much.
    I am very unfaithful with cleansers

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    Yeah, no matter what you do, never forget SPF 50+, AHA/BHA, retionoids, an antioxidant serum and a sufficient moisturizer.
    All good here, I just do not tolerate retinoids at all and have to be extremely prudent with acids.

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mega View Post
    Fuck. My. Life.
    Vie de merde right?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vie de merde right?
    A mais carrément tu peux même pas test meuf

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

All good here, I just do not tolerate retinoids at all and have to be extremely prudent with acids.
    Yeah, I know some people react badly to them :/ . Have you maybe tried some milder version of retinoid, like 0,1% retinaldehyde in Avene Triacneal? That doesn't seem that agressive to me. Well, I'm sure you did, since you're French lol.

Here we have really shitty options when it comes to retinoids (you have to get a prescription for Retin A and go buy it to another country, so that's a bit much lol), but I would like to order that Avibon cream of yours, if it's any good : ).

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mega View Post
    A mais carrément tu peux même pas test meuf
    I like to waste my time

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    Yeah, I know some people react badly to them :/ . Have you maybe tried some milder version of retinoid, like 0,1% retinaldehyde in Avene Triacneal? That doesn't seem that agressive to me. Well, I'm sure you did, since you're French lol.

Here we have really shitty options when it comes to retinoids (you have to get a prescription for Retin A and go buy it to another country, so that's a bit much lol), but I would like to order that Avibon cream of yours, if it's any good : ).
    I tried pretty everything on the market diacneal too when it existed years ago. I am an old lady
    I also have an unfinished tube of Ketrel that my dermatologist gave to me. I was like a tomato while using it.
    Abivon is full of mineral oil...careful

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I think it's ineffective and dries your skin out. The American way is the best way
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is AHA/BHA?

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Snail secretion?!?!

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    What is AHA/BHA?
    Alpha hydroxy acid or beta hydroxy acid. Chemical exfoliants, not socionics quadras
    In short: http://www.paulaschoice.com/expert-a...ant-skin#works

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have dry, acne prone, and very sensitive skin that has improved 500% since I started using coconut oil instead of cleanser (just use a warm wash cloth to wipe it off several times) and either 100% tea tree oil or tea tree oil mixed with 10% benzyl peroxide on blemishes.

Even super gentle cleanser and moisturizers irritate my skin.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

''Intensely nourishes the skin and compensates for the dryness caused by some treatments.''

had they written ''certain'' instead of ''some'',i would consider buying it

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Spider View Post
    I'm the worst girl ever
    We love you anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by sev View Post
    ''Intensely nourishes the skin and compensates for the dryness caused by some treatments.''

had they written ''certain'' instead of ''some'',i would consider buying it
    This is just a bad translation..

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Spider View Post
    I'm the worst girl ever
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Creepy-male

Get yourself some beta karotine and a scrub brush.

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    Snail secretion?!?!
    Sounds freaky but it is a natural ingredient that helps to reduce skin inflammation and restores its balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    I have dry, acne prone, and very sensitive skin that has improved 500% since I started using coconut oil instead of cleanser (just use a warm wash cloth to wipe it off several times) and either 100% tea tree oil or tea tree oil mixed with 10% benzyl peroxide on blemishes.

Even super gentle cleanser and moisturizers irritate my skin.
    Benzyl peroxide blows my skit out. Tea tree too. Never tested coconut oil except for hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonraker View Post
    Get yourself some beta karotine and a scrub brush.
    Beta karotine colours your skin and brings you vitamins (in fruits and vegetables).
    It is always good to eat healthy stuff. Nevertheless, a lot of people follow a good healthy food routine and still have an ugly skin.
    A scrub brush makes a sensitive skin break out. I tested out 3 of them, of different kinds.

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    What kind of man wrote this article
    Probably the same that gives advices to drink urine to be healthy?

Creepy-male

Beta karotine colours your skin and brings you vitamins (in fruits and vegetables).
    It is always good to eat healthy stuff. Nevertheless, a lot of people follow a good healthy food routine and still have an ugly skin.
    A scrub brush makes a sensitive skin break out. I tested out 3 of them, of different kinds.

Beta karotine will do more than merely color ones skin-- in excess it will make the skin yellow/orange and it is also responsible for the yellow color of body fat. But most importantly the human liver converts beta karotine into a form of vitamin a. Vitamin a serves many functions, including certain skin benefits.

There are many types of scrub brushes or washing instruments and many more techniques-- I would assume the combination of the right cleaning product, tool, and technique with a good diet could improve skin care.

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i use coconut oil in the summer for makeup removal and moisturizing, sesame oil in the winter. apple cider vinegar makes a great skin toner. i use 100% organic tea tree oil to wash my face. love it

and i gots that super sensitive skin
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I use some cream based on tretinoin and only medicinal skin products (sebamed and la roche-posay). my skin doesn't tolerate natural masks or oil.