Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Occult

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Oh Tatsache, ja dann steht mir nichts mehr im Weg. Ich habe nicht ganz verstanden was Satz 1 mit Satz 2 zu Tun hat Der Test - hm, war einer von vielen, ich bin immer zwischen EIE und IEE in diesen Dingen, schwer zu sagen.
    你不是一個IEE。

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Chae you can be my EIE dual if you want
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I'm Beta then. I love the occult. I would think it would relate in some way or another to being connected with Ni, but around, everything seemed to be opposite, so... Ne, sure. I suppose it makes more sense to say Ne could be associated with the occult than S types at least.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Cognitive styles comes out clearly in some cases.

For example @thehotelambush or @Rebelondeck are pretty extreme onion peelers.

If a person does not give off clear signs it is better to leave it out.

I derive content from separate things and I see this one in many SEE's, in LSI's and EII's quite often. I would represent it as something like this: {a,b,c,d,e} -> {l,m}.

Holographic panoramic go opposite from condensed to multiple layers.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Retsu77 View Post
    So I'm Beta then. I love the occult. I would think it would relate in some way or another to being connected with Ni, but around, everything seemed to be opposite, so... Ne, sure. I suppose it makes more sense to say Ne could be associated with the occult than S types at least.
    The most occult types according to mr Gulenko are dialectical-algorithmic types.
    SEI, EIE, ILI, LSE.
    Take your pick.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pole View Post
    @Chae you can be my EIE dual if you want
    It's not even a question of wanting anymore ♫ ~~You already are my wife~~ ♫

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    The most occult types according to mr Gulenko are dialectical-algorithmic types.
    SEI, EIE, ILI, LSE.
    Take your pick.
    That's interesting. I have definitely noticed it in LSE.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    ILI-Ni 8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gene Simmons from KISS is an occult LSE

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hatchback176 View Post
    Gene Simmons from KISS is an occult LSE

Not sure how much of it is an act though. I think it was more of an image thing.

Edit: He was into comic books and called himself a comic book geek.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    SEI, EIE, ILI, LSE.
    Take your pick.
    do you have where he says this?

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

First video seems like an alpha male's (I think) take on the occult. Alphas seem least likely to be interested in the occult to me. My SEI cousin dabbled a bit (in her teens) but she stuck with her religion of birth and thinks it is all against the bible now.

Gammas and Betas are most into it from my experience. Deltas seem more drawn to traditional religions or some fluffy new age stuff. That is what the deltas in my real life are like. They don't want to understand the origins of some of their beliefs and I don't push it because they have their own path to follow.

Here is another video I watched awhile back. I had saved it.

I was into it as child. I think it is in my dna. It didn't seem unusual. I was 12 when I started reading about demonology and alchemy because my church at birth didn't focus on stuff like demons. It was big on rituals though. A prayer is the same thing as a "spell".

I was going through some terrifying stuff as a kid that I wanted to understand. I was born into a family where psychic ability, magic and mysticism is accepted, and appreciated, as natural so I don't know that I ever thought of this stuff as esoteric until I started to interact with people outside my family. Then I realized it was a good idea to keep my beliefs to myself until I knew someone better as they are easy to misunderstand.

I am not an occultist though. I feel in ways I have transcended those beliefs.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...Victor-Gulenko

Dialectical-Algcorithmic:
    +Influential
    -Do not know how to proceed
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

it seems to me purposive cause means they see most activity as caused by conscious objectives governed in the mind of the actor, which presuppose a mind and an actor, ergo God. That doesn't seem necessarily occult to me, although it does seem to privilege the mind in mind/body dualism. I guess it depends on how you define occult. I always associated occult with like ritualistic activity but I suppose if its just "opposed to knowledge of the measurable" then I could totally see that (measurable = body, etc). perhaps a better way to put it is attraction to the unknown, since dualism itself could be disputed on "occult" grounds

Banned
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think true occult knowledge naturally hides itself and is in a way knowledge that isn't meant to be known, carries with it an ethic to not disseminate it and eventually to forget about it. Though I have personally found it very difficult to let go of some knowledge I have. I actually see MBTI as very similar to occult knowledge in this respect... I am always encouraging people to stop practicing MBTI, but it can be addicting and empowering... people continue to do it, nonetheless they become transformed into autistic social retards as a consequence. Actually I have heard that Augusta was into the occult herself.

TIM
    ILI-Ni 8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think anyone that needs social advice from you is beyond retarded

Banned
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eh I can be sociable when I want to be, I just choose to disrupt things, it's more interesting.
    Fortunately I'm not an autistic MBTI tard.

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    It's not even a question of wanting anymore ♫ ~~You already are my wife~~ ♫
    Marital bliss is mine at last!
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

TIM
    ILI-Ni 8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The world is massive and there has never been this level of social networking or psychological transparency. Reverting to a state of ignorance is dumb advice.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Marital bliss is mine at last!
    Goal accomplished! Who's next?

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The world is massive and there has never been this level of social networking or psychological transparency. Reverting to a state of ignorance is dumb advice.
    and yet its almost always the first thing people resort to when things get a little unpleasant

"you want to know how I did it?!--I never saved anything for the way back!"

Banned
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your delusional enlightenment is the a state of ignorance. You aren't going to lose your social skills in abandoning MBTI, Lol you will gain social skills.

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    First video seems like an alpha male's (I think) take on the occult. Alphas seem least likely to be interested in the occult to me. My SEI cousin dabbled a bit (in her teens) but she stuck with her religion of birth and thinks it is all against the bible now.

Gammas and Betas are most into it from my experience. Deltas seem more drawn to traditional religions or some fluffy new age stuff. That is what the deltas in my real life are like. They don't want to understand the origins of some of their beliefs and I don't push it because they have their own path to follow.

Here is another video I watched awhile back. I had saved it.

I was into it as child. I think it is in my dna. It didn't seem unusual. I was 12 when I started reading about demonology and alchemy because my church at birth didn't focus on stuff like demons. It was big on rituals though. A prayer is the same thing as a "spell".

I was going through some terrifying stuff as a kid that I wanted to understand. I was born into a family where psychic ability, magic and mysticism is accepted, and appreciated, as natural so I don't know that I ever thought of this stuff as esoteric until I started to interact with people outside my family. Then I realized it was a good idea to keep my beliefs to myself until I knew someone better as they are easy to misunderstand.

I am not an occultist though. I feel in ways I have transcended those beliefs.
    This comment resonated with me strongly. I come from a really strict religious family but we did not deny the existence of supernatural gifts and the occult. We had a library in the house full of various books on the topic and people in my family have natural gifts, such as uncanny intuition, visions, reading people's vibes, seeing omens, dream interpretations, manifesting, ESP, and inclinations for natural healing modalities. I too keep all of this a secret in real life, and if I come across others like me or my family it's like we both pick up on it without talking about it.
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'm very mechanistic.

Things have cause and effect. That is it. Busting people's common day beliefs comes naturally to me on the side. There is so much of it. It is everywhere and there is no need to do in occult spheres as it is commonly understood.

In a way it would interesting to bust those beliefs.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    ILI-Ni 8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rat200Turbo View Post
    Your delusional enlightenment is the a state of ignorance. You aren't going to lose your social skills in abandoning MBTI, Lol you will gain social skills.
    No, ease of communication works through common-sense pattern-recognition where people feel comfortable finishing each other's sentences. You failed at applying systematic psychological insight to your tiny social network without being boring, counter-intuitive, and argumentative. Now since you're such a bad communicator you think everyone will suffer the same limitations or become confused and academic when sharing their knowledge with others. It really shows how little you learned.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

From a information perspective, the occult is very similar to religions and cultures, and their associated rites and practices; many people are intrigued by, actually believe in, pay lip service to or totally dismiss them. Type defines how information is processed but has nothing to do with what is accepted as truth. The current American political arena demonstrates this very clearly; many of all types accept various theories even though existing facts support the opposite view. All types are equally susceptible to being misled or coming to faulty conclusions; intelligence is also independent of type......
    a.k.a. I/O

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    From a information perspective, the occult is very similar to religions and cultures, and their associated rites and practices; many people are intrigued by, actually believe in, pay lip service to or totally dismiss them. Type defines how information is processed but has nothing to do with what is accepted as truth. The current American political arena demonstrates this very clearly; many of all types accept various theories even though existing facts support the opposite view. All types are equally susceptible to being misled or coming to faulty conclusions; intelligence is also independent of type......
    a.k.a. I/O
    Rasputin the mad monk -

Banned
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, ease of communication works through common-sense pattern-recognition where people feel comfortable finishing each other's sentences. You failed at applying systematic psychological insight to your tiny social network without being boring, counter-intuitive, and argumentative. Now since you're such a bad communicator you think everyone will suffer the same limitations or become confused and academic when sharing their knowledge with others. It really shows how little you learned.
    Lol you intentionally mash together larger words but afterwards the sentence doesn't even flow naturally... it isn't impressive, you're an embarrassment. Your point is actually extremely simple after removing the filler.
    The majority of communication is non-verbal and subtle... MBTI is a pure abstraction. Delving into pure abstraction will disconnect you from your surroundings and will not improve your social skills.
    Attempting to bridge the gap between your abstract mindset and the social engagement is futile... you are only emulating intimacy, you never establish a pure direct mental connection, the subtleties of interaction that would arise from that connection are lost.
    Regardless, whatever benefits you could have gleaned from opening yourself up to alternate viewpoints you already have and will not lose by abandoning the theory.
    Carry onward!
    Last edited by rat200Turbo; 12-08-2017 at 03:55 PM.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I think a problem with occult knowledge just being thrown around like there isn't any inherent dangers in some people knowing it is it takes discernment and the ability to know how to apply it without bringing a whole world of trouble down on yourself. Without balancing forces and experience someone could find themselves in too deep before they realize it when they were just dabbling. As long as those people live far enough away from me I am not going to worry about it. People should know that they could be messing with forces they can't handle once unleashed. Thing is, it is easy to dismiss them until they affect you or your family personally.

Example of dabbler getting into trouble when he was just a kid messing around with his personal power. I believe he has since learned more about the occult after spending years on death row.

@Pole this is not directed at you.

YWIMW

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    I think a problem with occult knowledge just being thrown around like there isn't any inherent dangers in some people knowing it is it takes discernment and the ability to know how to apply it without bringing a whole world of trouble down on yourself. Without balancing forces and experience someone could find themselves in too deep before they realize it when they were just dabbling. As long as those people live far enough away from me I am not going to worry about it. People should know that they could be messing with forces they can't handle once unleashed. Thing is, it is easy to dismiss them until they affect you or your family personally.

Example of dabbler getting into trouble when he was just a kid messing around with his personal power. I believe he has since learned more about the occult after spending years on death row.
    The word demon (daimōn) in it's original meaning is an angel, whether good or bad, (technically, an inferior deity - whether good or bad), it's only recently that word demon for some reason has been associated with devils only - conspiracy helmets at the ready no doubt.

But the correct word for the forces being summoned here is devil - that is, a fallen angel, of which of course THE Devil, is the leader of many fallen angels - devils.

The hierarchy is that man was made a little lower than the angels, so really man has no way to control these things, no matter what level they get involved at - or if i'm wrong i'm interested.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't believe in occult stuff. If anything, it's good art or a reflection of the human psyche. All the occult phenomena can be explained away or cracked up to crazy anecdotes. I've tried ouija and other stuff, including rituals, and nothing ever happened.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    I don't believe in occult stuff. If anything, it's good art or a reflection of the human psyche. All the occult phenomena can be explained away or cracked up to crazy anecdotes. I've tried ouija and other stuff, including rituals, and nothing ever happened.
    I don't believe it is the supernatural horrors people should be wary of when it comes to the occult. It can and has induced madness in some. It often involves confronting our shadow and accepting responsibility for it. Integrating the shadow, rather than projecting it out into the world, can resolve a lot of the issues one may find themselves facing when delving into the occult.

As teens, we played with the Ouija board, a lot, in our dark basement with a group of friends, but then one night it threatened my little sister and me when we decided to do it alone. Neither of us have touched it since. If it was one of our shadows projected out, it was not very friendly and I didn't want to find out if it was real. It really upset my sister and caused a fight since we both accused the other of moving it. I think she cried and we both ran out of the basement. It was not a newer board. It was a really old one with the metal pin. My step dad bought it which is funny because he didn't really believe in the supernatural that way but he believed in a "force".

YWIMW

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Aylen @Pole

Hmm, it's good to know that we have a few witches on the forum.

Are either of you proficient at sex magic?

TIM
    ILI-Ni 8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol you intentionally mash together larger words but afterwards the sentence doesn't even flow naturally... it isn't impressive, you're an embarrassment. Your point is actually extremely simple after removing the filler.
    The majority of communication is non-verbal and subtle... MBTI is a pure abstraction. Delving into pure abstraction will disconnect you from your surroundings and will not improve your social skills.
    Attempting to bridge the gap between your abstract mindset and the social engagement is futile... you are only emulating intimacy, you never establish a pure direct mental connection, the subtleties of interaction that would arise from that connection are lost.
    Regardless, whatever benefits you could have gleaned from opening yourself up to alternate viewpoints you already have and will not lose by abandoning the theory.
    Carry onward!
    Word choice doesn't stop anyone from empathizing, except for social retards like yourself.

Banned
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People IRL do not empathize with your autistic MBTI obsession... no one shares that obsession with you.
    The obsession is more than merely "word choice", it is a way of thinking... MBTI literally shifts your frame of mind off into a different realm.

My limited understanding of the dangers of the occult...
    For one thing, when you are messing with your mind your are automatically messing with your future and your karma.
    Also there is a tendency to get sucked into this realm beyond perception and abandon your actual perceptions, which further messes with your karma via how you interact.
    You start to ignore the surroundings and you end up in this whirlpool of no energy.
    You can end up losing the 'spirit' of your own being, abandoning yourself to these other spirits but not really developing your own spirit.
    You end up getting everything you want out of life and having no fulfillment, for example.
    That is not an inevitable outcome but it is an extremely likely outcome for the vast majority who engage in it.
    As I see it that is the biggest problem but maybe there are other more phenomenal ones I have not encountered yet.
    Also it is a bit odd to alter your destiny in such dramatic ways - do you really want to abandon what would have otherwise been your destiny? For example, who would you have fallen in love with (anyone?) had you not altered your life path in an attempt to improve your life path with occult methods, how would you have grown with that experience (thats just an example)
    Last edited by rat200Turbo; 12-08-2017 at 11:55 PM.

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cuivienen View Post
    @Aylen @Pole

Hmm, it's good to know that we have a few witches on the forum.

Are either of you proficient at sex magic?
    I've never tried sex magick during sex but I've done rituals alone and they have worked. Sexual energy is the strongest energy one can use.
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

TIM
    ILI-Ni 8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People IRL do not empathize with your autistic MBTI obsession... no one shares that obsession with you.
    The obsession is more than merely "word choice", it is a way of thinking... MBTI literally shifts your frame of mind off into a different realm.

My limited understanding of the dangers of the occult...
    For one thing, when you are messing with your mind your are automatically messing with your future and your karma.
    Also there is a tendency to get sucked into this realm beyond perception and abandon your actual perceptions, which further messes with your karma via how you interact.
    You start to ignore the surroundings and you end up in this whirlpool of no energy.
    You can end up losing the 'spirit' of your own being, abandoning yourself to these other spirits but not really developing your own spirit.
    You end up getting everything you want out of life and having no fulfillment, for example.
    That is not an inevitable outcome but it is an extremely likely outcome for the vast majority who engage in it.
    As I see it that is the biggest problem but maybe there are other more phenomenal ones I have not encountered yet.
    Also it is a bit odd to alter your destiny in such dramatic ways - do you really want to abandon what would have otherwise been your destiny? For example, who would you have fallen in love with (anyone?) had you not altered your life path in an attempt to improve your life path with occult methods, how would you have grown with that experience (thats just an example)
    No, people don't share your personal interests because you are a social retard.

Banned
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's certainly not flattering loudly discussing our various slutty masturbation habits, it does shatter that snow bunny image we try to foster of ourselves... I know, it's tragic. (you landed on sister fucking also if I remember)
    There's no use trying to teach anything to a super-genius like yourself, anyway; you doubtlessly know everything... everything that has ever been, is, and will be. And if anything ever falls outside the scope of your system it's immediately dismissed, so...
    Carry onward!

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Bit confused as to what the definition of occult actually is - wiki defines as anything not based in science but I think some of it is about attention and suggestibility - for example, old cults and tarot. Focusing on what those things teach will bring certain energies into your life by being triggers for the unconscious. So in some sense the mystical aspect just allows you to suspend disbelief so that the imagination can entertain the materials. A similar thing can happen when reading fiction. As long as the results of the method are vague enough this could apply.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

yes I think people are implicitly using occult in different ways here

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I've never tried sex magick during sex but I've done rituals alone and they have worked. Sexual energy is the strongest energy one can use.
    Nice work.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast