Thread: Low energy, shy SLEs/ESTps

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Low energy, shy SLEs/ESTps

Can someone tell me about these? they have been touched upon in other threads, would like the descriptions to be fleshed out a little. I think I might know one, she always seems really sexual because of it.
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would answer this but I can't deal with your avatar.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fine I will change it just for you.
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank you

Okay so I know a couple of shy(er) SLE women. One of them is very into her business. She's not actually SHY but just quiet unless she has something to say that interests her. Pretty sure she's Ti-subtype. It feels like she enjoys being approached and is very open to interacting with people but doesn't usually initiate (or so it seems). She often seems preoccupied in her head. She's actually married to a guy who is probably LSI.

I find SLE-Se types to exude more raw sexuality. But they are also often the more outgoing ones. Or haven't you found that to be the case? My sister-in-law is SLE-Se and (I think) very sexy. Mostly with her confidence (although all the SLEs I know seem very confident) and the way she moves.

The SLE-Tis who seem shy, may be just taking it all in; observing. Waiting for something worth of their attention and participation. So if you see one who seems like that, approach her with something potentially intriguing and see how she reacts. They're usually very responsive to Fe.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I pretty much agree with everything redbaron says. I'm quite low energy a lot of the time, and while I wouldn't call myself shy at all, I can be perceived as sometimes being a bit on the thoughtful side.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are also SLEs who are dark and moody and may not even seem extroverted at first.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    I pretty much agree with everything redbaron says.
    can I take this out of context and use it as my signature?
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    can I take this out of context and use it as my signature?
    lol

Yes, of course. It would still be true as well.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol

Yes, of course. It would still be true as well.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just describe him as best you can, maybe compare/contrast with the average SLE descriptions you see around, etc etc

writing as detailed and descriptive as possible would be helpful

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This isn't about me, is it? lol...oh and when I said your previous avatar was the best of all time, I was clearly lying because OH MY GOD THATS GREAT.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VixenDogFox View Post
    Well...

My dad has always been a pleasure seeker. He loves to have a good time, and tends to get addicted to his habits easily, whether it's golf, gambling, drinking, basketball, surfing or what have you. At the moment, he plays in a basketball league where the oldest person besides him is about 42 (my dad is a few days short of 59) so he's very athletic and always has been. My mom says he's a big kid at heart.

He is really pretty shy and keeps to himself, and yet when in a group situation when he has to, he has a twinkly, clever charm that wins everyone over. He'll tell interesting stories about his life, and does with great timing. He is very fond of nicknames and makes them up for people easily and hilariously. He always has some friends he does activities with, but very few people he is really close to, and even fewer he spends quality time with.

He doesn't worry too much about growing old, he just tries to live his life to the fullest, enjoy it, and take care of his family. Family is everything to him. He has the biggest, most generous heart, and would give his last dollar to one of his kids if we needed his help. He would also violently avenge anything terrible that might happen to us.

He has a quite, personal spirituality and it seems to go along with his youthful persona for some reason -- there is an innocence there barely detectable.

As a child, his policy was to nod in agreement with his parents but then go and do whatever he wanted to do (a contrast to that is me the ESE, who would battle with my mom over things that really probably didn't need to be fought over -- I could have nodded and then done my own thing...).

My dad isn't a big criticizer, but if you're cooking or making a bed or doing some odd task, and he happened to come in, he won't hesitate to mention if there's some problem with what you're doing.

In business, he's not very good with organization, or with expansion. He's an expert at what he does (he used to have an email address with "expert" in the name!) but he doesn't like giving up the reigns to anyone so his business makes money but never gets bigger. But when he works, he puts on his "business hat" as my mom calls it. He gets very firm and dry and strict in his manner and language, sharp and quick. He is not afraid to reprimand his subcontractors but at the same time I have never seen him do so in an uncalled for manner. He is extraordinarily fair, and that is true about the way he is with everyone.

He's quiet. He doesn't go on and on for no reason and he doesn't talk for nothing. He doesn't like the phone and will let you know; if you're talking to him longer than a few moments and you veer from a practical topic to asking what he's up to or how he's doing, he will only tolerate that for so long. He'll give away that he's bored with talking on the phone by answering you with some kind of generic "That's great!" though you have a feeling he may not have been listening.

My dad was our protector but also a playmate. He loved to have fun with us and build things with us, but he was a stern disciplinarian. Though now he says, "If I had kids nowadays I would never spank them," when we were kids he did spank us. My mom punished us day-to-day, but my dad punished us for big things. He was raised by parents from Arkansas where the switch was the rule. Also, my mom's son (probably around 17 at the time of this story) from her first marriage was incredibly intense and difficult and used to scream obscenities at her, and once he went too far and my dad and him had a fist fight in the yard. My dad was willing to force us into being good. After we were reprimanded or spanked or whatever, he'd say, "Are you ready to be a good boy/girl?" and we couldn't just say "yes," we had to say, "Yes Sir, Daddy." It had to be some kind of control thing.

Is that enough info?
    Thank you for a wonderful description of SLE, in business they are very much like LSE and this is where they will often meet and INFj and get into a conflicting relationship, because they are both fooled into thinking that one is the other's dual when they are one from p family and one j of that type of humans.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by VixenDogFox
    Well...

My dad has always been a pleasure seeker. He loves to have a good time, and tends to get addicted to his habits easily, whether it's golf, gambling, drinking, basketball, surfing or what have you. At the moment, he plays in a basketball league where the oldest person besides him is about 42 (my dad is a few days short of 59) so he's very athletic and always has been. My mom says he's a big kid at heart.

He is really pretty shy and keeps to himself, and yet when in a group situation when he has to, he has a twinkly, clever charm that wins everyone over. He'll tell interesting stories about his life, and does with great timing. He is very fond of nicknames and makes them up for people easily and hilariously. He always has some friends he does activities with, but very few people he is really close to, and even fewer he spends quality time with.

He doesn't worry too much about growing old, he just tries to live his life to the fullest, enjoy it, and take care of his family. Family is everything to him. He has the biggest, most generous heart, and would give his last dollar to one of his kids if we needed his help. He would also violently avenge anything terrible that might happen to us.

He has a quite, personal spirituality and it seems to go along with his youthful persona for some reason -- there is an innocence there barely detectable.

As a child, his policy was to nod in agreement with his parents but then go and do whatever he wanted to do (a contrast to that is me the ESE, who would battle with my mom over things that really probably didn't need to be fought over -- I could have nodded and then done my own thing...).

My dad isn't a big criticizer, but if you're cooking or making a bed or doing some odd task, and he happened to come in, he won't hesitate to mention if there's some problem with what you're doing.

In business, he's not very good with organization, or with expansion. He's an expert at what he does (he used to have an email address with "expert" in the name!) but he doesn't like giving up the reigns to anyone so his business makes money but never gets bigger. But when he works, he puts on his "business hat" as my mom calls it. He gets very firm and dry and strict in his manner and language, sharp and quick. He is not afraid to reprimand his subcontractors but at the same time I have never seen him do so in an uncalled for manner. He is extraordinarily fair, and that is true about the way he is with everyone.

He's quiet. He doesn't go on and on for no reason and he doesn't talk for nothing. He doesn't like the phone and will let you know; if you're talking to him longer than a few moments and you veer from a practical topic to asking what he's up to or how he's doing, he will only tolerate that for so long. He'll give away that he's bored with talking on the phone by answering you with some kind of generic "That's great!" though you have a feeling he may not have been listening.

My dad was our protector but also a playmate. He loved to have fun with us and build things with us, but he was a stern disciplinarian. Though now he says, "If I had kids nowadays I would never spank them," when we were kids he did spank us. My mom punished us day-to-day, but my dad punished us for big things. He was raised by parents from Arkansas where the switch was the rule. Also, my mom's son (probably around 17 at the time of this story) from her first marriage was incredibly intense and difficult and used to scream obscenities at her, and once he went too far and my dad and him had a fist fight in the yard. My dad was willing to force us into being good. After we were reprimanded or spanked or whatever, he'd say, "Are you ready to be a good boy/girl?" and we couldn't just say "yes," we had to say, "Yes Sir, Daddy." It had to be some kind of control thing.

Is that enough info?
    I'm not saying you're mis-typing him...that's not my intent!

I'm curious though, what makes you decide SLE over SLI for him?
    Last edited by Cyclops; 03-02-2010 at 08:57 AM.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well...

Is that enough info?
    I liked this post a lot as it reminds me a lot of my father when I was growing up. I still call my dad Daddy.

Great dad, btw

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    thank you

Okay so I know a couple of shy(er) SLE women. One of them is very into her business. She's not actually SHY but just quiet unless she has something to say that interests her. Pretty sure she's Ti-subtype. It feels like she enjoys being approached and is very open to interacting with people but doesn't usually initiate (or so it seems). She often seems preoccupied in her head. She's actually married to a guy who is probably LSI.

I find SLE-Se types to exude more raw sexuality. But they are also often the more outgoing ones. Or haven't you found that to be the case? My sister-in-law is SLE-Se and (I think) very sexy. Mostly with her confidence (although all the SLEs I know seem very confident) and the way she moves.

The SLE-Tis who seem shy, may be just taking it all in; observing. Waiting for something worth of their attention and participation. So if you see one who seems like that, approach her with something potentially intriguing and see how she reacts. They're usually very responsive to Fe.

I am sorry but the SLE description doesn't match the type
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well...

He has a quiet, personal spirituality and it seems to go along with his youthful persona for some reason -- there is an innocence there barely detectable.

My dad isn't a big criticizer, but if you're cooking or making a bed or doing some odd task, and he happens to come in, he won't hesitate to mention if there's some problem with what you're doing.

My dad was our protector but also a playmate. He loved to have fun with us and build things with us, but he was a stern disciplinarian. Though now he says, "If I had kids nowadays I would never spank them," when we were kids he did spank us. My mom punished us day-to-day, but my dad punished us for big things. He was raised by parents from Arkansas where the switch was the rule. Also, my mom's son (probably around 17 at the time of this story) from her first marriage was incredibly intense and difficult and used to scream obscenities at her, and once he went too far and my dad and he had a fist fight in the yard. My dad was willing to force us into being good. After we were reprimanded or spanked or whatever, he'd say, "Are you ready to be a good boy/girl?" and we couldn't just say "yes," we had to say, "Yes Sir, Daddy." It had to be some kind of control thing.

Is that enough info?
    Sounds more like an SEI to me.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

@ EZRA no that description is one of SLE
    -

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by VixenDogFox
    Honestly? Probably VI... (from myself and others)...
    Ah, OK.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's like my mom's story about when they first went camping together and she burned her hand. He didn't offer any sympathy but just said, "Once burnt, twice learnt."
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I pretty much agree with everything redbaron says. I'm quite low energy a lot of the time, and while I wouldn't call myself shy at all, I can be perceived as sometimes being a bit on the thoughtful side.
    +1
    Easy Day

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can be quiet, but that's mostly because I'm sometimes surrounded by boring and/or vapid fucktards (fact). Should probably move.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An excellent example of a quiet SLE is MysticSonic. I've gone through his Facebook pictures (No, I don't hoard people's pictures on Facebook) and he exudes this calm, almost serene energy. I think the explanation is that he has naturally high levels of serotonin, because he seems very solid, focused, and balanced. To go even further, there are brainwaves called SMR, or Sensory Motor Rhythm, which are a low band of Beta waves that are associated with calm alertness and strong yet passive focus--think of an athlete like Tiger Woods. I sort of envy him, because my great difficulty in life is that my brainwave bands are either too slow, making me sleepy and unable to concentrate, or too fast, making me hyperactive and unable to focus.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe View Post
    An excellent example of a quiet SLE is MysticSonic. I've gone through his Facebook pictures (No, I don't hoard people's pictures on Facebook) and he exudes this calm, almost serene energy. I think the explanation is that he has naturally high levels of serotonin, because he seems very solid, focused, and balanced. To go even further, there are brainwaves called SMR, or Sensory Motor Rhythm, which are a low band of Beta waves that are associated with calm alertness and strong yet passive focus--think of an athlete like Tiger Woods. I sort of envy him, because my great difficulty in life is that my brainwave bands are either too slow, making me sleepy and unable to concentrate, or too fast, making me hyperactive and unable to focus.
    That's a good point, I could totally see MS as SLE.