Thread: Weak T types

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Weak T types

...how are they supposed to do anything in Socionics? Especially given how docionics is laden with useless Ti info. How are Te / Ti Role / PoLR people supposed to make sense of this? I, as a person with Ti most likely on 1D function-PoLR, see only letters and very little meaning. Just "blah blah blah". Kinda like if I am reading one of those boring Law based books. A whole bunch of nothing lol.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I just look at the pictures.

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nondescript View Post
    ...how are they supposed to do anything in Socionics? Especially given how docionics is laden with useless Ti info. How are Te / Ti Role / PoLR people supposed to make sense of this? I, as a person with Ti most likely on 1D function-PoLR, see only letters and very little meaning. Just "blah blah blah". Kinda like if I am reading one of those boring Law based books. A whole bunch of nothing lol.
    Just ask yourself...?

Even though socionics is a system that was created by a fair amount Ti it doesn't mean that you need very strong Ti to understand it. To produce something and to understand something are two different pair of shoes. Socionics is also not rocket-science and understandable by the average guy.

One of my best friends is SEE and studies law with me and he cean learn things in this subject pretty fast. He has a pretty high IQ and I think that intelligence and interest are the most important factors if you understand something. To be honest

His Ti-PoLR is more visible in dayly affairs where he is not forced to use Ti and logic and relys on his Ego (Se, Fi) and to a certain part his Hidden Agenda (Te).

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

That's because Socionics is a whole bunch of nothing. Don't waste your time.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hence my multiple iterations of revising my understanding of socionics over the past 6 years, and my reluctance at putting it into practice anymore.

Luckily, though, weak T type dont really need socionics to navigate the social arena well...for us socionics is just for fun (or for me, i should say). Perhaps in my case, socionics appeals to my Ti-seeking in some way...
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DaftPunk is correct.
    There's a difference between reading something that has already been Ti'd vs creating that Ti from scratch. Socionics is already Ti'd for us. The basics are pretty clear, though it does get confusing when Ti is piled on top of more Ti which is piled on top of yet more Ti. So look for the basics, the essentials which everything else is built off of. Once you understand those basics, then it's easier to follow other parts. By basics I mean first learn to type information itself, not people. This requires learning what the elements are, and what they mean in terms of types of information and that information shows up in your own every day life. Then expand that understanding to include your friends, family, coworkers. What type of information are they using in a conversation/story? Which types of conversations/stories do they prefer? From there the functions (model A) becomes easier to understand because you'll have some examples of real people. And you'll begin learning what's theoretical vs what's applicable to real people. Again, as your knowledge base and experience with it grows, so will your understanding. But you'll always have questions and doubts about differing parts of the theory, and that's a good thing.

I did a set of blog posts for each element, using the aspects to guide my understanding. The first post for it is here: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ary-of-Aspects the other blog posts start with "MCV:" (for My Current View). Perhaps they can help a little since I took a more personal approach to it while still retaining the Ti'ness socionics provided.

Good luck.
    And, maybe also...don't waste your time on it unless you're really curious. It can be quite an annoying topic.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Read it twice, three times, four times, fives times..

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Contrary to popular opinion, you can feel things deeply and think mechanically/logically/rationally at the same time lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ouronis View Post
    Read it twice, three times, four times, fives times..
    Seconded.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I, as a person with Ti most likely on 1D function-PoLR, see only letters and very little meaning. Just "blah blah blah".
    Base theory is easy. Read about dichotomies MBT books. About 8 functions - Jung and socionics sites.
    I like how Filatova writes for beginners. She published her book in English:
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...hed-in-English

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

information and facts are not Te and Ti related. i have found that Se types like to research facts.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Weak T

See @echan
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    Ne-INFj
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chips and underwear View Post
    Weak T

See @echan
    I want to be ISTp.

sp/sx
    These people often have an earthy, mysterious quality to them. They are slow to commit, but once they do it is with an attitude of life commitment, to the establishment of an impermeable bond. Others can be taken aback by how suddenly and completely this type can lock into them, and by the depth of understanding of the other’s condition. They attach to others at an organic, root level, in contrast to the other subvariant’s surface formality. The sanctuary of home is of paramount concern, and this type takes particular delight in decorating their spaces to reflect their cherished sense of taste and depth. Depth and discrimination characterize this stacking.

Motivation: to live in a secure, comfortable environment where they can pursue their private interests in depth.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Lol you're funny. Anyway even people with weak T can utilize Thinking for tasks, they're just not going to have it in Ego block to try and apply it in every area of life in a sophisticated way is all it means.

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    Contrary to popular opinion, you can feel things deeply and think mechanically/logically/rationally at the same time lol.
    Yes though for F types if the T would go against the F opinions, the T will be quenched. This is one difference between F and T types.

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Base theory is easy. Read about dichotomies MBT books. About 8 functions - Jung and socionics sites.
    I like how Filatova writes for beginners. She published her book in English:
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...hed-in-English
    Err well the basics aren't really just about dichotomies and IEs themselves. There are important principles in the function model without which it's not going to make much sense at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    information and facts are not Te and Ti related. i have found that Se types like to research facts.
    What. The. Fuck.

TIM
    ESI 684
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    Lol you're funny. Anyway even people with weak T can utilize Thinking for tasks, they're just not going to have it in Ego block to try and apply it in every area of life in a sophisticated way is all it means.

Yes though for F types if the T would go against the F opinions, the T will be quenched. This is one difference between F and T types.

Err well the basics aren't really just about dichotomies and IEs themselves. There are important principles in the function model without which it's not going to make much sense at all.

What. The. Fuck.
    I am funny? Why thank you!

I often act like I'm out of my mind. I don't think much about it tbh. About what I speak that is. If only I knew if it was type related... /crazy