Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Johammadeezus on Information Elements (thread split)

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Clearly View Post
    another Maritsa comparison! keep em coming, I know they make it easier for you to write me off
    Well i just think it's funny that you guys both feel i'm your supervisor, and yet you type me totally different types.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

wut
    Mairzy doats and dozy doats and liddle lamzy divey. A kiddley divey too, wooden shoe?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    Well i just think it's funny that you guys both feel i'm your supervisor, and yet you type me totally different types.
    and that makes it easier for you to shove me under the rug

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post
    Mairzy doats and dozy doats and liddle lamzy divey. A kiddley divey too, wooden shoe?
    gotcha

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and that makes it easier for you to shove me under the rug
    well, i'm sorry that you take it that way, but it just demonstrates that something is not right with either one of your socionics, most likely with your own self typings as well as your implementation of it. Did you think that coming here and touting yourself as the authority without much to show for it would be tolerated well? Come on now... that's an insult to my Te-HA.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    Whenever 2 or more people are discussing something, there are ALWAYS multiple viewpoints. No 2 people are exactly alike, even twins. We all slice our perspectives of reality slightly differently.
    allow me to rephrase: in this case there is only one correct viewpoint

by the way, I think ILE for you is a step in the right direction

well, i'm sorry that you take it that way, but it just demonstrates that something is not right with either one of your socionics, most likely with your own self typings as well as your implementation of it.
    or maybe it's just an entertaining coincidence

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

or maybe it's just an entertaining coincidence
    a coincidence that i supervise the both of you, as two different types? I would say that's the opposite of a coincidence. It's a divergence.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whenever 2 or more people are discussing something, there are ALWAYS multiple viewpoints. No 2 people are exactly alike, even twins. We all slice our perspectives of reality slightly differently.

Alone we can shun our uniqueness, but together our strengths are appreciated.

How i see it is that in a field like socionics, it's good to keep one's mind open to possibilities. Of course some possibilities can be ruled out, but being wrong is not impossible.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alone we can shun our uniqueness, but together our strengths are appreciated.

How i see it is that in a field like socionics, it's good to keep one's mind open to possibilities. Of course some possibilities can be ruled out, but being wrong is not impossible.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a coincidence that i supervise the both of you, as two different types?
    clearly no, just a coincidence that we both named you as our supervisor

perhaps Maritsa is wrong about her self-typing
    perhaps Maritsa is mistaken about the nature of supervisory relations
    perhaps Maritsa doesn't know how to distinguish an en-tee from an ess-eff

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

clearly no, just a coincidence that we both named you as our supervisor

perhaps Maritsa is wrong about her self-typing
    perhaps Maritsa is mistaken about the nature of supervisory relations
    perhaps Maritsa doesn't know how to distinguish an en-tee from an ess-eff
    wouldn't that be a huge coincidence that Maritsa mistyped herself as EII instead of IEE, AND mistyped me both from a quadra standpoint, rationality standpoint, introversion/extraversion standpoint, and club standpoint. wowee... meanwhile you are just squeaky clean perfect...

I dont always agree with Maritsa, and i think sometimes she is a bit stubborn with her opinions, but I do think she knows socionics a bit better than you. A lot better actually.

And it would be weird to say Maritsa is mistaken about the nature of supervisory relations when both of you cited the same reasons for naming me your supervisor. So if Maritsa is mistaken about it, then you are as well. My take on it is that the both of you are mistaken about this. In fact, it's more likely that YOU are my supervisor, as I have been irritated enough by your self-importance and trying to "teach" us all your erroneous "wisdom" enough to finally have this debate with you. The supervisor usually doesn't mind the supervisee (at first anyway, until the supervisee starts lashing out), while the supervisee can't stand the supervisor.

So LII for you, as someone had suggested earlier, actually fits well.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

"clearly no" says Chris Clearly, Chris Clearly clearly not Mozart, no Chris Clearly clearly not, can Chris Clearly be clearly Chesney, or Ken he not? Johannes you like to know, clearly...or clearly not.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wouldn't that be a huge coincidence that Maritsa mistyped herself as EII instead of IEE, AND mistyped me both from a quadra standpoint, rationality standpoint, introversion/extraversion standpoint, and club standpoint.
    it's a possiblity

I dont always agree with Maritsa, and i think sometimes she is a bit stubborn with her opinions, but I do think she knows socionics a bit better than you. A lot better actually.
    clearly you don't think very highly of her, otherwise you wouldn't have mockingly compared me to her

In fact, it's more likely that YOU are my supervisor, as I have been irritated enough by your self-importance and trying to "teach" us all your erroneous "wisdom" enough to finally have this debate with you.
    Supervisee tries to resist and even to fight back: puts on a show of deliberate crudeness, orders the Supervisor around, gives him assignments. Things may even progress to use of physical force. In this manner, Supervisee can create a lot of problems for the Supervisor, but the effect in the opposite direction is much more devastating.

Supervisor speaks in the most offensive to the supervisee words, but himself also doesn't feel well in these relations. Supervisee is persistently and unconsciously annoying and frustrating his supervisor. Although they both feel stressed, since this is an asymmetric relationship, the supervisee suffers more.
    Supervisor suffers as well and is annoyed by the Supervisee.

These relations are characterized by the fact that the auditor, as a rule, is always dissatisfied with the actions of audited person.

Revisee seems stupid not because he is unable (which is how it actually is), but simply because it's as if he does not want to listen. This periodically causes frustration for the auditor.

But suppose that close to this man was a person of his audited type ... And it turns out that any harmless remark is perceived with great sensitivity, that he takes it all too close to heart, because here pressure is exerted on his vulnerable third function.

So LII for you, as someone had suggested earlier, actually fits well.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zap View Post
    TBH the above constitutes a lot of personal insults mixed with Te "Facts" like summaries from chats and quotes. I don't think anything constructive will ever come out of this approach.
    But maybe this is just another one of your crusades... that LII typing isn't that wierd in that light ;-)

Not sure what type of mediation would be required to get you guys all to see eye to eye but i'd like to provide it where possible.

So; now now kids, don't fight; pappa is here and anyone who calls names won't get dessert tonight!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chris Muddly.
    If you're gonna continue to assign me derisive nicknames, I'd say this one is probably the best.

Who the fuck are you?

And why do you act so subservient towards Ashton? Could it be you recognize he's far smarter, faster, stronger, more aggressive & established than you?
    I like Ashton because he's intelligent, nondogmatic, and, most importantly, kind.

You said Ti-polrs can't explain...If they're so frikkin rare how come Augusta, Jung etc even observed any number worth a damn?
    Did they?

One of your problems is your over-appliance of typing ppl by their language.
    That's because language is largely how we transmit information.

Lets see how you respond to this article...
    Yeah, that article is garbage.

I'd refrain from playing the age game if I were you. This site has many members who're older & more experienced in socionics than you.
    I was talking about myself, bro.

Don't ask me how I know I got Ti-polr so I can't explain shit ever I'm just smarter than anyone else here it's that simple kthxbye.
    Here's my method: by posting videos and pictures of various types, my hope is that the patterns I see but struggle to put into words will become clear. I don't think I'm smarter than everyone, I'm just better at typing than everyone (except Filatova, she basically taught me everything I know )

"you're ILE", "feel offended"
    How is this "being a complete ass"?

Quote Originally Posted by Reficulris View Post
    TBH the above constitutes a lot of personal insults mixed with Te "Facts" like summaries from chats and quotes. I don't think anything constructive will ever come out of this approach.
    Agreed, although I think you could say that about this entire thread.

But maybe this is just another one of your crusades... that LII typing isn't that wierd in that light ;-)
    hah, he ain't no LII, he's a punk-ass EIE.

Not sure what type of mediation would be required to get you guys all to see eye to eye but i'd like to provide it where possible.
    Mediation would be great, I feel like I'm being attacked on all sides (probably because I am).

So; now now kids, don't fight; pappa is here and anyone who calls names won't get dessert tonight!
    mmm dessert

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

He tried to force a ILE typing on woof.
    omg! a socionics rape attempt on woof's mind!

[My brain came up with a very interesting image when I read this quote.]

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

"Raymond Shaw is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being I've ever known in my life."

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

One thing to note is his instant liking towards maritsa soon after he showed up.
    As I recall, Timmy also had a fondness for maritsa.
    Very rare ime.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CC, wth was the whole "drive my dead thoughts over the universe" thing supposed to mean?
    It was a quote from "Ode to the West Wind" by Shelley.

Did woofwoofl forum-murder you & now you're back from the grave as an undead?
    Hmm:
    : the crime of unlawfully killing a person especially with malice aforethought
    Yeah, I think "murder" is the right word in this case.

You've said you don't type using temperaments, IIRC. How are they invalid? Is the lifestyle of one's temperament not associated with one's 1st function?
    Because they're misleading. I've met plenty of people who, upon first glance, would appear to be IP (slow-to-move, phlegmatic, contemplative, etc), but who actually turned out to be EP (I'm speaking mostly of SLE here). This is Meged and Ovcharov on Te-SLI:
    This personality type is quite rare, and we noticed that for this reason that it gives the greatest number of errors in typing, not only for ours but also for foreign experts. Most often, this type of personality testing is confused with the type of Commander (because of secrecy and distrust of the latter, falsely taken as introversion, and criticism, which often overestimates its practicality and considers himself a realist because of the analytical mind, and developed business logic), and as with other types.
    I think intuition + Reinin is the best way to type. Intuition can tell you whether someone is logical or ethical, sensing or intuitive, and Reinin can help dispel any lingering confusion. Positivism/negativism in particular is just indispensable.
    But back to your original question, it's also why I'm a fan of DCNH:
    • Strengthening the linear-assertive functions , whatever position this pair occupies within the framework of the sociomodel, forms a dominant subtype (D).
    • Strengthening of the mobile-flexible functions leads to the appearance of a creative subtype (C).
    • Strengthening of the balanced-stable functions gives a normalizing subtype (N).
    • Strengthening the receptive-adaptive functions engenders a harmonizing subtype (H).

Actually, I plan on responding to that thread with some interesting factual sources eventually.
    Oh god, please don't. I hate arguing with you, you're so hateful and precise.

We'll see how your theory stands up to scrutiny.
    lol, it's not really a theory, it's just a vague intuition, or possibly a "primordial image"

I ain't no EIE but I'm sure as hell a punkass, as you say.
    I think EIE makes a lot of sense for you.

you keep dodging questions as to who you are. Coffee HD perhaps? cuz you seem more & more like a troll & less & less of a capitalist.
    I'm nobody who's been on the forum before, how's that? I'm just me, I'm just some guy who can type people really well and who is attempting to show people what the types actually look like because he thinks widespread awareness of them could lead to a better society:
    One cannot underestimate the potential for the application of Socionics in personal life, and in other areas, such as in medicine. Unfortunately, for many physicians it remains a mystery why, despite the success of the surgery or treatment, some patients for a long time are unable to recover. This is often so because they are roomed with people who suppress them in communication which is morally depressing. Hopefully, the knowledge of the fundamentals of Socionics will help future generations in building more harmonious relationships in a more harmonious society.
    Amen.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kill4Me View Post
    One thing to note is his instant liking towards maritsa soon after he showed up.
    As I recall, Timmy also had a fondness for maritsa.
    are you frakking kidding me? she annoys the hell out of me

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

are you frakking kidding me?
    The irony

Originally posted by Chris Clearly:

honestly, if I could be any type, I would choose SLE

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

what a tangled web he weaves when he practices to deceive

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@woofwoofl @WorkaholicsAnon
    @allothers

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...37#post1016137

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You sure change your username a lot, Joblo aka Kechey aka CC. Disliked all the nicks woof came up with + the ubiquitous Joblo nick, didn'tcha? Then you realized the danger of "Kentucky Fried Chesney" so now we get Chris Clearly/CC... Unfortunately for you, several new nicks are available. The following aren't only made by me, btw: Chris Cunty, Cock Connoisseur, Chris Crazy, Chris Cloudy, Chris Cornered, Chris Clearly Wrong, Chris-chan, Chris Muddly.

Time for a 16t history lesson. ppl who thought or still think they're the shit at socionics during its history: aestrivex/niffweed, Aleksei, Ankh/ananke, Ashton & the model X crowd, dee, Expat, EyeSeeCold, Gilly, hitta, hkkmr, iSocion, Jack Oliver Aaron, labcoat, lifer, Maritsa, Olga, phaedrus, Raver, smilex, tcaudilllg, The Ineffable. This old quote is as appliable to The Ineffable/Bolt as it is to you (he had lots of sockpuppets... are you him?)r perhaps you're Phaedrus! Your absolutism sure bears a resemblance.Man, if k0rpsy was still around he'd made mincemeat outta you... or maybe you ARE k0rpsy... how about you just tell us who you really are already? Who the fuck are you? And why do you act so subservient towards Ashton? Could it be you recognize he's far smarter, faster, stronger, more aggressive & established than you?I guess the resemblance to Phaedrus could just be declaring intuition at work. The above 4 quotes supports EXFx typing of you as long as EXFxs are seen as fickle. OTOH I got other explanations for your fickleness. I believe you're a NA- in NPA theoryGenerally in your posts you display lots of aggression, but also narcissistic limelight-seeking, I'd say. You have weak sense of duty to others, so non-perfectionist. Your general depressiveness & lack of a certain type of confidence supports -/non-compliance.

George Gurdijeff is often typed SEE & he's the originator of the enneagram. You said Ti-polrs can't explain...If they're so frikkin rare how come Augusta, Jung etc even observed any number worth a damn? How can you be confident in your understanding of things if you've seen so few?Even 1-D functions do stuff, just poorly. One can also take the model X approach to things where every type can do any given action. Or model B where everyone values a + or - variant of every function.Yup. Surely you must know who wrote the following, CC...Sure, they're not identical, but I hope you're not saying logical aptitude doesn't correlate to intelligence... OTOH you may be referring to socionics logic only, while dissociating logic ability (in normal sense) from socionics logical types. Are you? Also, get some self-respect, you're making yourself out to be a bitch.Regardless of your arbitrary opinion of its classification, others will likely continue to refer to it as such, as they have in the past.Really? Seems you're struggling with low self-esteem. Perhaps socionics is your solution to this, a source of identity & security.One of your problems is your over-appliance of typing ppl by their language. Don't me wrong it's a good way of doing things but it can still be taken too far. Things aren't always cut 'n dry. Socionics doesn't confer an inability to say "to me" just cuz you're Fi/Te. It's a probablistic framework; not a set of iron laws. It's understandable a Fi-valuer would speak about systems in a thread focusing on exactly such. Also realize if WA is IEE her HP-cog would differentiate perspectivally, easily leading to what you see in here.Lets see how you respond to this article...I'd refrain from playing the age game if I were you. This site has many members who're older & more experienced in socionics than you.

Oh, I guess Strat ain't good enough for ya?Even if you still disagree, just trust me, I'm SEE & I just know ESI Stratiyevskaya is the shit. Don't ask me how I know I got Ti-polr so I can't explain shit ever I'm just smarter than anyone else here it's that simple kthxbye. Finally, time to show the forum just what you've been up in tinychat: the17th. @hkkmr . I got 4 summaries, this is chronologically...
    I think you are onto something there, @zap. Perhaps CC is ESI, in which case he may indeed be correct about feeling supervised by me. That would also explain him putting Ashton on a pedestal like that (DUALS!)

Dont get me wrong, I like Ashton myself, he actually was one of my key trusted socionic mentors back when i first started. I still trust his opinion a lot, though he seems to have become bored by socionics (or by me , not unexpected from a benefit relation).

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default this may have costed me dessert, but I'm baking cookies after midnight again

@Reficulris, most of my frustration here stems from there being precious little external or internal consistency from CC/KC/JB, and even less in terms of explanation. Wild approaches to theory are things I love to see; even if there's dissonance between my results and someone else's, the rationale used to get there will reveal to me things I'd otherwise never be able to find out. At the end of the day, I expect to learn a hell of a lot about Focal Ti from all of this. Anyone bringing "I'm right and everybody else is wrong" is going to be asked to supply some form of "why".

In absence of a "why" from CC, it would unfortunately be on everyone else to supply a "why". Looking for a form of consistency in the typings is one way to try to reverse-engineer an approximation of the CC system. Bringing all of the rationale together in clear sight. Finding pieces of consistency and coherence in what's very shrouded. Aggression is met with aggression; when one person spreads it around towards various other people, especially without prompting, the next step is for all of that aggression to go from those various recipients to one concentrated location, which is the person who started all of the aggression. Looking at that final part in isolation sure would paint a picture of a lot of people ganging up on someone, but the prelude shows who organized the gang in the first place.

I'd love to see a CC system fleshed out by its creator, and I'd love for it to stand high. I'm hellbent on not destroying anything without building something of my own, and I'd wanna shoot beyond whatever standards I might have for anyone else, which are pretty relaxed anyways; this is a large part of what got me off my ass to flesh out a Model W. It sure is hell for me to show my work, to systemize a previously piecemeal and case-by-case approach with DCNH interconnecting everything beyond my current explanatory and notational power, all manner of cross-references and visual and audial cues that go beyond what I see and hear at the moment, well into abstract imagery that one day I'll have to write out; but it's all on me now. I ain't gonna accept a "PolR"-related excuse out of myself either.
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm just trying to convey, that imho the level of discussion or controversy shouldn't reach the point where one party tries to "destroy" the other. If the goal of the argument becomes to damage the other party that is just extremely sad to me. I also don't believe it's enjoyable for those involved.

In that sense, this fairly long, personal post can be TLDR'ed as: Guys, come-on... stop calling each other names, stop telling the other they don't understand shit. You can disagree, but at least stay gentlemen/ladies about it. Everytime you break that maxim a baby-giraffe dies, and who would want that?!?!
    Thank you, I appreciate your humaneness. However, I actually think woof makes a good point here:
    Quote Originally Posted by woofwoofl View Post
    Aggression is met with aggression; when one person spreads it around towards various other people, especially without prompting, the next step is for all of that aggression to go from those various recipients to one concentrated location, which is the person who started all of the aggression. Looking at that final part in isolation sure would paint a picture of a lot of people ganging up on someone, but the prelude shows who organized the gang in the first place.
    All I can say is that I regret being so aggressive, not just because I've met with a powerful multilateral response, but also because I don't think it's very much helped my cause. Perhaps socionics can help us to understand why I chose this approach:
    - IEE: Logic of anti-intergration. Dysfunctionality. Lets denote it by +<
    Objectivists have a notion of what constitutes "objectively known" facts, rules, laws, regularities held in general (common) experience; in their perception there exist rules and guidelines that are "true in general" and "always correct". In contrast to Subjectivists, Objectivists are not inclined to compare and verify concepts. They assume that these can have only one unique interpretation ("correct", "accurate" one)—often they do not think about the fact that the other person may be interpreting them differently, within a different conceptual framework.
    With enthusiasm defends his views. The enemy hierarchy, and servility. Before the command is not shy, boldly defends his point of view and interests. Impressionable and easily offended. Sometimes irascible, unrestrained, sometimes even aggressive.
    A few words about the indispensable role of the harmonizing personality in a stable group. The Harmonizer is designed to ensure feedback in the communicative system. It sends the signals of correction, being an indicator of the psychological atmosphere. H-subtype at first sharply and even violently resists forcible demands, but then gradually submits and adapts to it. On the one hand, he is the weak link, but on the other hand, without his contribution the system loses vitality under conditions of the lack of energy resources.
    Or maybe I'm just an asshole

I'd love to see a CC system fleshed out by its creator, and I'd love for it to stand high.
    It's not a system, it's an instinct. It's like, I can easily distinguish a logical person from an ethical person, and I can almost as easily tell whether a logical person uses introverted logic or extroverted logic and whether an ethical person uses introverted ethics or extroverted ethics. It's also really easy for me to distinguish between between sensors and intuitives. The difficulty lies in providing a list of traits or tendencies that help me make those determinations, because the process is pretty much automatic in my head; I simply look at a person and think, "who are they?" I've said before that logical types are more "deliberate" and "seamless" in their speech, and that intuitive types tend to have more extensive vocabularies, and I still stand by those two observations. Another huge component of my method is "social dynamics", i.e. how do people get along with each other and how do they get along with me. Certain Reinin dichotomies like positivism/negativism have also proved extremely helpful.

Ultimately, though, I pretty much just go by the text; the only reason I redefined the information elements is because I felt they didn't match my experience. I still think that Fi is "Implicit Object Statics" and that Ti is "Implicit Field Statics", but I honestly don't care much for those kinds of definitions anymore; I think the true nature of the functions extends beyond "explict", "implicit", "objects", and "fields".

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps CC is ESI
    Nah brah, keep dreaming.

in which case he may indeed be correct about feeling supervised by me.
    The reason I feel supervised by you is because you are LII and I am IEE.

That would also explain him putting Ashton on a pedestal like that (DUALS!)
    I'm not putting him on a pedestal, I just think he's smart and decent. Furthermore, I disagree with his self-typing

Dont get me wrong, I like Ashton myself, he actually was one of my key trusted socionic mentors back when i first started. I still trust his opinion a lot, though he seems to have become bored by socionics (or by me , not unexpected from a benefit relation).
    Oh gawd

what a tangled web he weaves when he practices to deceive
    all your little screenshot proves is that I'm open to collaboration and receptive to kindness, but that doesn't mean I "took a liking" to Maritsa

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

\I thought you disapproved of M & O, but I suppose one can think of an author as generally, not absolutely bad.
    No, I like their subtype descriptions. Some of their other stuff is a little wacky, though.

Eh, I'm not to big of a fan of subtypes, but for the time being I'm unable to satisfactorily express why.
    You've got to recognize the existence of intratype differences.

Agreed. Spreading socionics is one of my goals.
    Spreading it won't do any good if there's nothing behind it.

hm, I recall she once replied to you sth like "this is where we collaborate". Seems your long-term collaboration just wasn't meant to be, but if that had progressed, you sure would've been one dynamic duo.
    lol, she had me do a TinyChat session with her (I was hoping she was a closet camwhore) and it basically turned into her telling me that she is my mirror and that I have much to learn from her and that I need to listen and all sorts of other annoying shit.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

COOOOOOKIIIIEEEEES!!!

@Reficulris, most of my frustration here stems from there being precious little external or internal consistency from CC/KC/JB, and even less in terms of explanation. Wild approaches to theory are things I love to see; even if there's dissonance between my results and someone else's, the rationale used to get there will reveal to me things I'd otherwise never be able to find out. At the end of the day, I expect to learn a hell of a lot about Focal Ti from all of this. Anyone bringing "I'm right and everybody else is wrong" is going to be asked to supply some form of "why".
    I know and understand this. I'm not opposed to this at all. Not sure the nature of the questions don't influence the possible answers but still.

In absence of a "why" from CC, it would unfortunately be on everyone else to supply a "why". Looking for a form of consistency in the typings is one way to try to reverse-engineer an approximation of the CC system. Bringing all of the rationale together in clear sight. Finding pieces of consistency and coherence in what's very shrouded. Aggression is met with aggression; when one person spreads it around towards various other people, especially without prompting, the next step is for all of that aggression to go from those various recipients to one concentrated location, which is the person who started all of the aggression. Looking at that final part in isolation sure would paint a picture of a lot of people ganging up on someone, but the prelude shows who organized the gang in the first place.
    again agreed. I've spoken out against the initial agression as well. Taking your analogy and hijacking it for my purpose, i'm the guy who disperses that gang and gets everyone to fight the monsters instead of eachother! Just a different stage in the progression of this conflict ;-)

I'd love to see a CC system fleshed out by its creator, and I'd love for it to stand high. I'm hellbent on not destroying anything without building something of my own, and I'd wanna shoot beyond whatever standards I might have for anyone else, which are pretty relaxed anyways; this is a large part of what got me off my ass to flesh out a Model W. It sure is hell for me to show my work, to systemize a previously piecemeal and case-by-case approach with DCNH interconnecting everything beyond my current explanatory and notational power, all manner of cross-references and visual and audial cues that go beyond what I see and hear at the moment, well into abstract imagery that one day I'll have to write out; but it's all on me now. I ain't gonna accept a "PolR"-related excuse out of myself either.
    You and me both. One thing I think though, is that if Johannus is going to give us something to work with, it'll be something different from a structured system. He has admitted to not being good at that and I think that trying to filter his approach through such a lense might distroy its value. I'm not saying he should be excused for polr (no-one should) but maybe we need to work with him and find a way for him to communicate his intuitions. I thought about for instance, him using poetry or other types of art (without a need to justify the details) to show what type qualities or information elements are. I think that would be more suited to his style than logical arguments. The inability to explain consistency does not prove inconsistency.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

excellently put.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah brah, keep dreaming.

The reason I feel supervised by you is because you are LII and I am IEE.
    Nah brah, keep dreaming.

I'm not putting him on a pedestal, I just think he's smart and decent. Furthermore, I disagree with his self-typing
    When you find yourself needing to retype everyone to make your intertypes fit and own self-typing fit, that's when you should suspect you are the mistaken one.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

(I was hoping she was a closet camwhore)
    I believe you are being very honest about this.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When you find yourself needing to retype everyone to make your intertypes fit and own self-typing fit, that's when you should suspect you are the mistaken one.
    That makes a lot of sense.
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's not why I retype people, though.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All I can say is that I regret being so aggressive

It's not a system, it's an instinct.
    Great, hopefully we can realise that the purpose of socionics isn't really to brand people with types, but rather to understand people more completely and that you can't do that by enforcing opinion either through individual force or through group consensus. Accoringly, that means that the aggression and force isn't valuable and can be destructive, from yourself and others.

There is a point at which I hope you will see that those instincts actually do derive a rigorous system and that with more rigour there is the opportunity to understand that the information can often be too limited to provide a outcome with high certainty which is why these discussions drag on and on.

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

all your little screenshot proves is that I'm open to collaboration and receptive to kindness, but that doesn't mean I "took a liking" to Maritsa
    figured you'd say that, slick
    afterall, liars are like leopards.
    they never change their spots.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Come forth socionists, liars and leopards and direct thy gaze towards my conclusive collection of 404 links not found!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

figured you'd say that, slick
    sure you did

afterall, liars are like leopards.
    they never change their spots.
    so dramatic

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345