TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I guess I'm ILI after all

...or at least at this very moment.

As you may know, I always wasn't really sure if I'm LII or ILI. I also considered ILE for a while, but I discarded that thought because I can't really think of myself being extrovert. When I came here I've typed myself as ILI, but in the process of learning about Socionics, I had doubts about that. Later I thought I've too readily accepted as my Polr. Suddenly, also appeared to be a function which is important to me (it still does, though). That's how I came to the idea of LII as my type. But now, my perspective has changed again.

While I could never really identify with the Alpha group behaviour, there were other things which appeared to be correct. So I started to read the descriptions very exactly instead of just skimming it. I tried to understand every word of it. And I found surprisingly much in the ILI description on Wikisocion which seems to fit. Here are some examples:

[Ni] ILIs may even have novelistic tendencies with the ability to create intricate plots, characters and places.

[Si] ILIs are often hesitant or resistant towards lifestyle changes that threaten the commodiously constructed surroundings that they create for themselves.

[Fe] ILIs deeply dislike being asked or coerced to express their emotions.

ILIs are typically not social creatures. Some do not understand the importance of social connections and choose to ignore the area of emotional involvement with others altogether, instead delving into virtual reality, mystical introspection, or private study.

ILIs tend to be nervous about interacting with other people due to lack of confidence in their social abilities, and often feel that they are not socially respected.

Only with a small number of people whom the ILI trusts deeply does the ILI let down his emotional guard. To these people, the ILI can be surprisingly sincere and kind. Nonetheless, the ILI will be little more than an acquaintance to the mass of people that the ILI does not completely trust.

[Se] ILIs are often characterized by their inertia. If left to their own devices, they may choose to do relatively little to interact with the outside world. When they do interact, they often find their activities empty and unsatisfying. To ILIs, life is often characterized by periods of stimulation. True stimulation is often spontaneous, and the intervals between periods of stimulation are often characterized by tedium, inertia, and apathy. ILIs are not very adept at finding new areas of interest, and may seek to continue to reproduce past experiences instead of moving on to new things. In order to break out of this cycle, ILIs require an active, external, spontaneous stimulus. This spontaneity allows the ILI to discover new experiences and escape from the confines of his own mind.

[Fi] ILIs deeply value feelings of attachment to those whom engage them in a deep and lasting emotional kinship. They have a hard time establishing these sentiments as they are naturally disinterested in most people, who seem outwardly unremarkable or have nothing in common with them. But when an ILI has developed deep interpersonal bonds, he makes an effort to hold on to them. ILIs are almost always deeply unconfident about their social abilities and, consequently, they rarely speak of their most valued relationships with others to common outsiders that they consider superficial acquaintances.

In general, ILIs are fundamentally good-natured and conscionable people who may place a great deal of importance on ethical principles. In fact, ILIs have a very strong sense of good will and loyalty towards others if they find the others to be similarly reasonable, trustworthy individuals.

ILIs seeking emotional ties with individuals may find themselves forced to take the initiative with others, a task for which even friendly ILIs are ill-equipped. Even when ILIs do take some initiative, they rarely succeed at reaching a depth of emotional connection that truly satisfies them.
    The bolded part was fact that caught my attention. Mainly because a LII would react in the exact opposite way in this matter. If I think back I can remember two people who wanted me to open up to others. But they did it in a very intrusive way, they somewhat urged me to become more social and all that. I just thought "Wtf, can't you just leave me alone and mind your own business?!" Well, and that made me think again. And I found these other facts which are correct. These are just examples, I could list more. There are also some things I don't fully agree with, but that's natural. I'm saying this now, maybe I'll change my mind later. You all know that. :wink:

But, if I recall correctly, the most of you typed me ILI in my last thread anyway, so I agree with you.

So yeah. Back at camp Gamma.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes you're ILI.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    Yes you're ILI.
    I'm still waiting for a photo, so-called twin brother. :wink:
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Make me one of these videos titled "labcoat was right"

I eagerly look forward to the dramatic close ins on my forum posts.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    I eagerly look forward to the dramatic close ins on my forum posts.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is that dramatic enough? It's no video, though.
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd type myself ILI for all the same reasons.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Go for it.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The bolded part was fact that caught my attention. Mainly because a LII would react in the exact opposite way in this matter.
    The way they put it, "coerced", it's formulated in such a way that anyone would object to it.

I used to have this ESFp woman badger me into "smiling" at one point. It's one of the most annoying social experiences I've had in the last few years.

The "coersion" aspect is probably a little more common among Se types than among Fe types.

So I don't really think this magic trick for deciding between INTj and INTp works... The types are surprisingly similar on a lot of levels. Also what one types experiences as coersive is seen as harmless to the other and vice versa... But I still think you are INTp on the basis of general vibes.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just look ILI because I have an ILI avatar (Marc Faber).

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just about everything that guy ever acheived was based on successful use of intuitive functions. Now you're saying intuition is his PoLR.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    I don't want you to become uncertain of your type again, but I also still see you as ILI. It's the type you had when I started to post here and from then on I thought it does fit. But still, I don't know you personally so I can't be sure about that.

Quote Originally Posted by labcoat View Post
    The way they put it, "coerced", it's formulated in such a way that anyone would object to it.

I used to have this ESFp woman badger me into "smiling" at one point. It's one of the most annoying social experiences I've had in the last few years.
    I think that's true, no introverted type would be really glad to be driven into this. It's just that LIIs would probably still glad about the mere attempt to integrate them into social situations. That's what Wikisocion says:

To this end, the LII, above all things, appreciates others' attempts to get him to "open up" emotionally and express his true thoughts and views of the world - not just as an abstract ideal living in his head, but as something that other people actually care about enough to participate in and bring to fulfillment.
    I can relate to your experience, labcoat. It was the same with that one girl. She always said I should smile more often and said something every time we met in the hallway. She definitely didn't want me as a boyfriend since she already had one. When I started to ignore her she finally gave up and left me alone. I have nothing against people talking to me, it is often very nice and I generally like discussions, but they shouldn't try change me. The worst thing of all is when people think they would have to 'help' you. They get the idea of the 'poor introvert without any friends' and conclude they need to help you to come out of your shell (which was actually said by the girl mentioned above). That's when I refuse any further conversation.
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Yes you are.

When will you come to LA so I can match you up with a dual?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    When will you come to LA so I can match you up with a dual?
    I guess it will take some time until I get there (if at all ). But my parents actually were there, some weeks ago. That was a tour to the west coast, you know, Grand Canyon, LA, Las Vegas, ect. It was stressing but they liked it.
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

How do you use Ni and Te?
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you use Ni and Te?
    Could you specify this question? I probably would just say what is the common answer to this...

Is this a question to find out the subtype? If you have an opinion on this, I'd like to hear it since I'm not so sure about that.
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDoomer View Post
    Could you specify this question? I probably would just say what is the common answer to this...

Is this a question to find out the subtype? If you have an opinion on this, I'd like to hear it since I'm not so sure about that.
    I should have asked what your definition of those functions are and how do you find yourself using them in real life; also, you were confused about Ne, how do you define Ne as well. I like to ask for each person's individual interpretation of the functions to see how they come to realize the function as it works within them and also what their understanding of the way they work is.
    -

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I should have asked what your definition of those functions are and how do you find yourself using them in real life; also, you were confused about Ne, how do you define Ne as well. I like to ask for each person's individual interpretation of the functions to see how they come to realize the function as it works within them and also what their understanding of the way they work is.
    Well, Ni appears to be that, what people generally call 'intuitive perception' (I mean in everyday language). It's Ni when you see possibilities, processes and whatnot which you probably won't realise with your 'normal' sensory perception. It's also linked with time. The past and the future. Ne is like the creative way to use intuition to me, to project the most creative and novel ideas and also tell other people about it, not just for yourself.

Te is mostly the use of a rational mind in the world outside. You can find rational approaches mostly in business, to save money, time and resources. That's why it's more linked to reality than Ti in my opinion. Ti seems to be more theoretical, abstract. It's different with Ni and Ne, they seem both not very connected with the real world, but if I had to make a decision, I'd say it's Ni which is more concerned with the real world.

Ni and Ne are not easy to grasp if you want to determine if or if not you use them in daily life. But I can see myself using Te in the way of always wanting to improve the efficiency of everything. I hate to waste anything, that could be a result of valued Te.
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Here's a good explanation of Ni. SEE need ILI to pick an item from a list to move them in the future, Te allows them to be concerned about information that they gather from the outside and come to objective conclusions (sharing this information with SEE who have Te activation); using Te, by ILI, allows them to estimate which of these items will be most efficient use of the SEE's time. SEE, in turn, are the doers; they take that lovely Se and ability to mobilize and be active and get things done for the ILI who has estimated and communicated which one is worth their time. Often ILI are not comfortable with those who don't care about deadlines to documents and things that need to be repaired and taken care of because they are uncomfortable living in the present unless all things in the future are ensured and taken care of.
    a lot of this doesn't make sense, because I have a cold and I can't think, sorry
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 10-24-2010 at 02:50 AM.
    -

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Often ILI are not comfortable with those who don't care about deadlines to documents and things that need to be repaired and taken care of because they are uncomfortable living in the present unless all things in the future are ensured and taken care of.
    Oh, is it really like this? I haven't heard about this explanation before, but that would explain why some ILIs are relatively orderly and dependable despite they're perceivers.

Does anyone have some further information about the ILI subtypes (or some advice how you can clearly distinguish them)? Some people suggested the Te subtype for me before, but I'm not really sure about that.
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fear john View Post
    You should not find it at all difficult to assemble, with the exception of the resistance cord and chain, which takes some significant hand and arm strength to pull into place and hook together. The Integrity rowing machine is very solid and well made, does not rock or shift while you are using it, and you would not see any of the parts breaking like some cheap rowing machines that break at the welds, this one is not going to do that as it is has a robust construction.
    Flaming delta ST. I say SLI.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP