Thread: The energy model. (Model G)

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The energy model. (Model G)

So it basically describe how we divide our energy, you know the thing we need food and sleep to regain (or being alone as some introverts is being referred to being a 'battery'). Two elements gets the "maximal energy", we just do this element as much as we can. Then we get the two elements that use "optimal energy", we use as much energy on this as we need to get to our goal. Than we have two elements in our "minimum energy", we do not really spend as much energy here as we should or need to really get where we want. Than we have two elements at "pessimism energy" which we just do not want to spend any energy on at all. It is too draining.

The element hierarchy does not line up with model A, which does not mean they are not compatible. They describe different aspects of the elements in the types.

Does someone "gets it"?

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say "I don't know" like the statisticians walking into a bar but people probably don't get that so I'll say no.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"The element hierarchy does not line up with model A, which does not mean they are not compatible. They describe different aspects of the elements in the types."

Well, they are compatible insofar as the + and - spins are just aspects of the normal IM elements.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    "The element hierarchy does not line up with model A, which does not mean they are not compatible. They describe different aspects of the elements in the types."

Well, they are compatible insofar as the + and - spins are just aspects of the normal IM elements.
    The spins are not relevant for this thread. Do you understand the difference in what Model A and Model G try to explain?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerfadder View Post
    The spins are not relevant for this thread.
    How are they not relevant? They're an integral part of Model G.

Do you understand the difference in what Model A and Model G try to explain?
    Tbh, I haven't bothered delving deeply into Model G except for the spins. There are some good ideas in it but it seems to be drifting quite far from classical socionics.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tbh, I haven't bothered delving deeply into Model G except for the spins. There are some good ideas in it but it seems to be drifting quite far from classical socionics.
    The spins for all the types.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Share of spins create new groups.

+ NeTi SeFi, - TeSi FeNi
    ILE
    SEI
    EIE
    LSI
    LSE
    EII
    SEE
    ILI

+ FeSi TeNi, - SeTi NeFi
    ESE
    LII
    SLE
    IEI
    LIE
    ESI
    IEE
    SLI

When using same spins and than divide them by "base element +" and "base element -" we get the supervision rings.

NeTiSeFi+ and + : ILE, LSI, SEE, EII
    NeTiSeFi+ and - : SEI, EIE, ILI, LSE
    FiTeNiFe+ and - : ESE, IEI, LIE, SLI
    FiTeNiFe+ and + : LII, SLE, ESI, IEE

To get to the Socion, divide them by I and E type. We get the benefit rings.

ILE, EIE, SEE, LSE = leader/linker
    ESE, SLE, LIE, IEE = implementer/organizer
    SEI, LSI, ILI,
    EII = stabilizer
    LII, IEI, ESI, SLI = corrector/perfector

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    IEI passes things over to SEE not LIE (unless it's a typo). Under this formulation, it is either the semi-dual or the mirage partner of left introverted type that takes over.

Gulenko doesn't go over quadra reversal in detail, but he does mention that preceding quadra can take over at the point in time when reign of following quadra is coming to an end in which case it is left introvert's mirage partner that gets involved. Though some think that quadra reversal isn't possible. This is what I posted in the old thread:

n his interpretation of it, the result/process types alternate as the quadra progresses (link). So it goes:
    a: ILE-ESE-SEI-LII
    b: EIE-SLE-LSI-IEI
    g: SEE-LIE-ILI-ESI
    d: LSE-IEE-EII-SLI
    Each quadra begins with right/process extraverted type which helps get things rolling for that quadra. The right/process introverted type comes towards the end, what he calls it the "stabilizer" - this type effectively prolongs this quadra's reign until some indeterminate point that the left/result introverted type gets involved. This type he calls the "corrector" or "perfector" and from what I've gathered it's role is to survey the product of the reign of its quadra. This he calls the "point of bifurcation" where the system can go either one of two ways: either the next quadra takes over or there is a rollback to previous quadra. I was looking recently at this thread that you've made and noticed that indeed the left introverted type, the point of path selection, is conjoined with both right introvert types of the following quadra and the preceding quadra in the taciturn and narrator cycles. Perhaps this has some connection to it. Though there is something off here as in your sequence it goes ENFj-INTj-ESTj-ISFj-ENFj where starting point is type on left and transition occurs to type on the right, but in Gulenko's story it goes the other way - INTj is the corrector type in alpha who transfers things over to ENFj and the next quadra.

Maybe "energy" goes from alpha to delta and "direction" goes from delta to alpha. In that case in each quadra the leader/linker always force the energy into the quadra and the corrector always force the
    direction into the quadra.

TIM
    Dyslexic 17
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Share of spins create 4 new groups.

SEI, LSI, ILI,
    EII = stabilizer

Maybe "energy" goes from alpha to delta and "direction" goes from delta to alpha. In that case in each quadra the leader/linker always force the energy into the quadra and the corrector always force the

Amusing read but Viktor doesn't understand the IP temperament philosophy - it's not about perpetual stability always being modified, being free to adapt to the world as it may ever be. I'm inclined to move from system to system although my systems are always stable, things do get boring so I feel I should always be prepared to try something different.

I don't understand his ILI views and they don't describe me. Perhaps I'm just not a Gamma type but rather the missing IP Alpha NT, given my own obsession with ideas.

When he talks about ideas for the sake of ideas - I believe that is rubbish, all ideas aren't created equal only great ideas change the world. If the ideas aren't practicable it just means the person isn't a great thinker, the person isn't worthy of the term scientist. I think he likes to cut himself some slack for indulging in impracticable ideas.

To be honest, I do too, but I know there is a difference in intellect between romanticised ideas and the level of intelligence required to cross the bridge from dreams to the real world. It calls for a superior understanding of one's reality.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Soupman View Post
    Amusing read but Viktor doesn't understand the IP temperament philosophy - it's not about perpetual stability always being changed being free to adapt to the world as it may ever be. I don't understand his ILI views and they don't describe me. Perhaps I'm just not a Gamma type but rather the missing IP Alpha NT, given my own obsession with ideas.

When he talks about ideas for the sake of ideas - I believe that is rubbish, all ideas aren't created equal only great ideas change the world. If the ideas aren't practicable it just means the person isn't a great thinker, the person isn't worthy of the term scientist. I think he likes to cut himself some slack for indulging in impracticable ideas.

To be honest, I do too, but I know there is a difference in intellect between romanticised ideas and the level of intelligence required to cross the bridge from dreams to the real world. It calls for a superior understanding of one's reality.
    Aint it the curse of LII that their thinking does not too often have practical purposes?

TIM
    Dyslexic 17
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The trouble with socionics is its strict pseudo-science foundation - endless claims being made without a paradigm for verification and falsification.

TIM
    Dyslexic 17
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aint it the curse of LII that their thinking does not too often have practical purposes?
    No it is just him, it is a matter of intellect, he knows how to dream like many of us but simply isn't smart enough to construct the bridge.

Viktor thinks hard science is "Te" and very shallow as evidenced in his perception of ILI as people interested in light science

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The trouble with socionics is its strict pseudo-science foundation - endless claims being made without a paradigm for verification and falsification.
    No it is just him, it is a matter of intellect, he knows how to dream like many of us but simply isn't smart enough to construct the bridge
    You seem awful bitter today. Well I am not going to defend any theory, and I believe the thing about LII does usually not base their theories on real world practicality is just, part of the theory in a way.

TIM
    Dyslexic 17
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The High IQ LII create profound models of reality owing to a superior abstraction of the world which makes their models worth it in science. After I did more research I later discovered that IQ and creative thinking genes factor more than sociotypes.

TIM
    Dyslexic 17
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You seem awful bitter today. Well I am not going to defend any theory, and I believe the thing about LII does usually not base their theories on real world practicality is just, part of the theory in a way.
    I'm just venting my frustration with socionics and the pain I'm hiding underneath - it hurts me that it is seen as rubbish yet I feel it has so much potential to be a corner-stone of society. Negative energy personally can motivate me passionately either into action or to bitterly accept my reality and inadequacy

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The High IQ LII create profound models of reality owing to a superior abstraction of the world which makes their models worth it in science. After I did more research I later discovered that IQ and creative thinking genes factor more than sociotypes.
    How do you factor sociotypes?

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm just venting my frustration with socionics and the pain I'm hiding underneath - it hurts me that it is seen as rubbish yet I feel it has so much potential to be a corner-stone of society. Negative energy personally can motivate me passionately either into action or to bitterly accept my reality and inadequacy
    I wonder if, and if was common knowledge how to identify all the relations, we could make directions for them. For example, when a supervisor you must not give direct orders to your supervisee. If you are mentally ill, you are advised to connect with your dual. When a country divide what path to take, what rules to make, it should consider the spirit of all the Quadra. It could be 4 parties in a country which each contains the values of one Quadra.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ok that's something to digest, but it seems useful.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Share of spins create new groups.

+ NeTi SeFi, - TeSi FeNi
    ILE
    SEI
    EIE
    LSI
    LSE
    EII
    SEE
    ILI

+ FeSi TeNi, - SeTi NeFi
    ESE
    LII
    SLE
    IEI
    LIE
    ESI
    IEE
    SLI

When using same spins and than divide them by "base element +" and "base element -" we get the supervision rings.

NeTiSeFi+ and + : ILE, LSI, SEE, EII
    NeTiSeFi+ and - : SEI, EIE, ILI, LSE
    FiTeNiFe+ and - : ESE, IEI, LIE, SLI
    FiTeNiFe+ and + : LII, SLE, ESI, IEE

To get to the Socion, divide them by I and E type. We get the benefit rings.

SEI, LSI, ILI,
    EII = stabilizer

Energy decreases with age (Alpha -> Delta) while information (knowledge) increases with it. It's quite logical if you think about it.

TIM
    Dyslexic 17
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you factor sociotypes?
    Partially by the stereotypes which can be reliable as a heuristic guess, however, I have an LII friend from university with a very high IQ and he defies Viktor's assertion that LII create impractical and unworkable systems. He wouldn't be a supercomputer programmer and researcher if he wasn't intelligent enough to devise workable systems, which are also logically consistent and elegant.

In modern science and engineering, models are supposed to be both workable and logically consistent. Theoretical research is supposed to pave the way to practice - everything must be reinforced empirically.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Partially by the stereotypes which can be reliable as a heuristic guess, however, I have an LII friend from university with a very high IQ and he defies Viktor's assertion that LII create impractical and unworkable systems. He wouldn't be a supercomputer programmer and researcher if he wasn't intelligent enough to devise workable systems, which are also logically consistent and elegant.

In modern science and engineering, models are supposed to be both workable and logically consistent. Theoretical research is supposed to pave the way to practice - everything must be reinforced empirically.
    I do not think you get it, even if your language is so very cool. LII do not base their logic in practicality is not the same as their logic is not consistent or that they create "unworkable systems".

Do you factor it, sociotypes, as .3 important whereas IQ is .9 important?

TIM
    Dyslexic 17
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do not think you get it, even if your language is so very cool. LII do not base their logic in practicality is not the same as their logic is not consistent or that they create "unworkable systems".

Do you factor it, sociotypes, as .3 important whereas IQ is .9 important?
    We have subjective differences on the definition of practicality (the term is ambiguous owing to variations in interpretations), if you haven't read it Viktor thinks mathematics is "Te" as well as applied research that he says Gamma NTs are liable to.

Anyway there is nothing wrong with disagreements provided people remain civil, it is not like any of us has got the monopoly on the absolute truth

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have subjective differences on the definition of practicality (the term is ambiguous owing to variations in interpretations), if you haven't read it Viktor thinks mathematics is "Te" as well as applied research that he says Gamma NTs are liable to.

Anyway there is nothing wrong with disagreements provided people remain civil, it is not like any of us has got the monopoly on the absolute truth
    Well you are the guy jumping into this thread with saying that everything is horseshit, pretty much. Help me understand the arrows in combination with the externalities/internalities. Is it a path in the elements a person take when solving something? Is it a never ending circuit that just goes around?

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got to the conclusion that the arrows does not have any meaning. Maybe a chart or something made to connect this model to some other model but they do not hold any valuable information by their own. Thus, the model G is fully explored.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Viktor needs to explain some aspects of this model.

1) What kind of psychic energy is he referring to?

2) How do we know his dichotomies are accurate?

3) What is the connection between the dichotomies and the model?

4) How can ILI's Ni belong to externalities while Te belongs to internalities?

5) "-T intuition of the past [MBTI: -Ni] : thinking of the past, remembering past errors and trying to prevent them from happening again, extrapolating (looking for signs of the past repeating itself). That's how ILI (TL) [INTJ] operate" (+/- is only related to the positivist/negativist dichotomy)

Okay, so the vast majority of socionists are wrong about Ni+? (+/- is related to both process/result and positivist/negativist dichotomies)

If you are really interested in this model then you should join Ben David's Model G Facebook group, and/or watch Model G Youtube videos.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ModelViktor/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJaX..._wsPXgs20YsWBT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwGa..._wsPXgs20YsWBT

model G dichotomies.jpg
    Last edited by Petter; 12-08-2016 at 08:15 AM.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got to the conclusion that the arrows does not have any meaning. Maybe a chart or something made to connect this model to some other model but they do not hold any valuable information by their own. Thus, the model G is fully explored.
    "horizontal arrows show activation, vertical arrows - inhibition"

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Petter View Post
    Viktor needs to explain some aspects of this model.

1) What kind of psychic energy is he referring to?
    I think, to understand this we need to view this model as what we are producing while model A is what we are using. To produce something it take energy. We can not produce more than to a limit right. That is how much energy you have to produce.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The way I understand "energy" (this may be totally different from Gulenko's view) is that it comprises all of the non-reusable resources available to the psyche (possibly also including physical energy and effort). Information itself is a kind of resource but it is a reusable/copyable one: if you send someone a piece of information you can keep your copy of it. This is not true about money, for example, or time and space. At the meta-level generally deals with reusable resources while deals with non-reusable resources. So in a sense this completes the picture initially painted by Augusta.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think, to understand this we need to view this model as what we are producing while model A is what we are using. To produce something it take energy. We can not produce more than to a limit right. That is how much energy you have to produce.
    This seems more like physical energy.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(possibly also including physical energy and effort).
    I have asked Viktor about this. He is only referring to psychic energy.

Information itself is a kind of resource but it is a reusable/copyable one: if you send someone a piece of information you can keep your copy of it. This is not true about money, for example, or time and space. At the meta-level Ne generally deals with reusable resources while Se deals with non-reusable resources. So in a sense this completes the picture initially painted by Augusta.
    Are you saying that Ne should not be included in Model G?

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

From what I can tell and my reading, Model G is not a new paradigm but rather a different measurement? model(on the basis of energy), but the model for information processing seems the same. The element pairs are still the same as well as the Model A intertype relations.

The diffrence in Model A is that this is a measurement model for information preference. Not sure the exact right term to call this difference but I think it's measurement model.

From this standpoint Model A inter-type relations still apply but the new measurement model allows for a new viewpoint on the information dynamics within information metabolism but does not invalidate the original observations of Model A.

This new look at information metabolism is certainly significant, and it also highlights his own holographic-panoramic thinking as this form of thinking is particularly suited to such observations.

Model A informs about the informational processes but does not really deal with this energy aspect Gulenko has observed.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have asked Viktor about this. He is only referring to psychic energy.
    Yeah...whatever that is.

Are you saying that Ne should not be included in Model G?
    No.

@mu4 whatever you call it, it seems a bit strange to make a new model without trying to integrate it or reconcile it with the existing one. If you don't do so they are inevitably going to diverge. This can be done very easily at the structural level: simply have 16 functions. That way you get both the "information-flow" (supervision) rings and the "energy-flow" (benefit) rings.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

@mu4 whatever you call it, it seems a bit strange to make a new model without trying to integrate it or reconcile it with the existing one. If you don't do so they are inevitably going to diverge. This can be done very easily at the structural level: simply have 16 functions. That way you get both the "information-flow" (supervision) rings and the "energy-flow" (benefit) rings.
    It is two models and 16 functions however the information elements remain the same. These two models attempt to measure different characteristic of the information metabolism and neither is incompatible with the other.

I think what you've laid out is exactly what Model G and Model A are, the connection points are information elements and not functions.

As far as psychic energy
    It is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_(psychological)

This is a very important concept in psycho-dynamic psychology which socionics is part of.

Information preference doesn't say anything about psychic energy, but rather our reaction to information which contains psychic energy, you can say the information produced by ourselves and other individuals contain different levels of psychic energy and these also are measurable.

I also think very important error in socionics that this can help to address and that is the association of function strength with information preference. However this concept of function strength is not necessary for any individual and it's likely just a correlation, this also does not adequately cover many external factors such as culture, education and any such characteristic which do not originate from information preference.

Energy flow within the information metabolism may be one of these characteristics which in Model A is explained under the purview of function strength, but this is too convenient an explanation with the variation that is observed in individuals.

I'm not sure how to explain this properly as my knowledge of Model G is limited, and my focus hasn't been on socionics but psychology in the last 2 years.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Jung regarded the psychic energy as a basic life-force which would manifest itself as needed (eating, moving, thinking, sex, remembering, etc.) not concentrating through childhood in various body zones (oral, anal, genital) as Freud envisaged. The psychic energy resembled physical energy: it could be exchanged with the external world in muscular effort or ingestion of food, but otherwise remained as a reservoir to be used for thought, sexual activity, artistic creation and so on."

---------

http://www.eoht.info/page/Psychic+energy

Psychic energy

In psychodynamics, psychic energy or "psychological energy" refers, generally, to the energy of the mind, mental processes, or psychological phenomena; energy tends to be conceptualized as some type of flow in the psychological system, governed by the principle of conservation of energy, and or the first law of thermodynamics.

Overview
    In 1838 to 1842, German physicians Ernst Brücke, Herman Helmholtz, and Emil Du Bois-Reymond, who during the years 1838-42, worked in the laboratory of the German physiologist Johannes Muller, who adherence to the principle of vitalism, a doctrine that the functions of a living organism are due to a vital principle distinct from physiochemical forces. In reaction to this, the three of them, in the words of Du Bois-Reymond, formulated a desire to validate the basic truth that: [1]
    “In an organism no other forces have effect than the common physio-chemical ones.”
    This force or kraft, as it is called in German, soon later became synonymous with the newly forming concept of energy.

In 1895, Austrian psychologist Sigmund Freud, Brücke’s medical school student, in his "A Project for Scientific Psychology" began theorizing about bound energy and free energy in psychological terms.

In 1898, Russian psychologist Nicolas von Grot stated: [2]
    “The concept of psychic energy is as much justified in science as that of physical energy, and psychic energy has just as many quantitative measurements and different forms as has physical energy.”
    Into the early 20th century, Freud’s protégé Swiss psychologist Carl Jung began discussing and using psychic energy, in his theories.

In 1976, American psychiatrist Robert Galatzer-Levy, in his article "Psychic Energy: A Historical Perspective", summarized that: [3]
    “Much criticism of the concept of psychic energy is based on its apparent failure to live up to the paradigm on which it is modeled, the concept of energy conservation in physics.”

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mu4 View Post
    This is a very important concept in psycho-dynamic psychology which socionics is part of.
    Information preference doesn't say anything about psychic energy, but rather our reaction to information which contains psychic energy, you can say the information produced by ourselves and other individuals contain different levels of psychic energy and these also are measurable.
    If there is a psychic energy, how can information contain this energy? I think psychic energy corresponds to a general attitude towards certain information, which seems to be very similar to function strength and/or "valued" function (or mental vs. vital) in my view.

I also think very important error in socionics that this can help to address and that is the association of function strength with information preference. However this concept of function strength is not necessary for any individual and it's likely just a correlation, this also does not adequately cover many external factors such as culture, education and any such characteristic which do not originate from information preference.
    What is the difference between function strength and information preference in your view?
    Last edited by Petter; 01-06-2017 at 09:05 AM.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If there is a psychic energy, how can information contain this energy? I think psychic energy corresponds to a general attitude towards certain information, which seems to be very similar to function strength and/or "valued" function (or mental vs. vital) in my view.
    It might be as such that energy -> produce -> information which is no longer just data.
    So when people make sense of the world and later communicate the result of that "making sense of" energy have been spend in the mental process. It might correlate with being "bored" or "tired" reading heavy books, mentally. Also that some find some topics interesting while others get mentally drained and "bored" when researching the same things.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

What is the difference between function strength and information preference in your view?
    Function strength I believe has to do with the amount of psychic energy that can be directed towards an information element. On the basis of function strength in model A, ENTj and ENTp are the same. I see preference in a different way that's governed by how information enters into the system and how information is output from the system and the sequential flow of information within the metabolism.

However my view is that Model A function strength is mutable in a way that information preference is not. The flow of information in Model A is very specific and unable to be altered for any individual, any change even minor change to this structure would create mental instability, fragmentation or collapse. Something like dissociation identity disorder or major dissociation can likely present different information preference schemes if there is enough fragmentation.

So a ENTp and a ENTj have completely different and incompatible information processing mechanisms, but their function strength are the same per model A.

However this is not a necessary truth in individuals of these types, because psychic energy may be influenced quite differently than information preference, and there is no hard rule in socionics or reality that would prevent a imbalance of psychic energy within a system, and the effects of this imbalance would not bring about immediate instability, fragmentation or collapse.

There should be a correlation between function strength and preference in the ego due to what one does naturally to cope with environmental pressures, but what if these uses of one's natural capabilities were to be punished by not just informational means but material consequences, what if the intrinsic capacity to perform cognitive tasks related to one's information preference is disturbed by physical or mental ailments. There are many situations where this development can be disturbed and interrupted without altering information preference enough to cause a collapse, but there would be a misalignment between function strength and information preference. It's probable that enough difference in alignment in these factor can likely cause a mental collapse but this is not necessary for small misalignment.

It's also likely quite useful for these difference in alignment to occur, as they provide diversity and the opportunity to develop other coping mechanisms.

I also want to note it's entirely possible that for some individuals one ego function is heavily favored and the other subdued.

Also much of this is unknown and there may be many areas where alignment can somewhat different between various parts of the mind even if some concerns are the same.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I recently heard that what differ pseudo-science from science is that it can be observed with at least one of the senses. We can view a star and than calculate with estimations and equations and learn a great deal about the object. If VI was accepted than I see no reason why Socionics would not be just science?

TIM
    Dyslexic 17
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I recently heard that what differ pseudo-science from science is that it can be observed with at least one of the senses. We can view a star and than calculate with estimations and equations and learn a great deal about the object. If VI was accepted than I see no reason why Socionics would not be just science?
    have you looked at epistemology and critical thinking paradigms? these are what"s used to demonstrate the shakey foundations of socionics

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

have you looked at epistemology and critical thinking paradigms? these are what"s used to demonstrate the shakey foundations of socionics
    I guess, if we want to call it science. Yet, technological and scientific methods could be used to explore socionics futhermore.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast