Thread: SEE or LIE?

TIM
    3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default SEE or LIE?

I heard that Ashton and his clique are gone?

If it really is, great. I have a task to ask of you, dear members of 16types, and that is to choose between the two sociotypes I've listed in the thread title. My knowledge of socionics is fairly solid, but I would like an objective opinion based on these four videos:

With that being said, thank you to those who decided to take the time to drudge through these videos and reply to this thread. Cheers!
    언제나.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My 2 cents: LIE doesn't seem to fit your countenance. I thought of Fi-SEE or EII when watching your video (SEI also slipped by as an option).

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

• Se : awareness of the space and concrete environment around oneself, externally observatory state of mind, "sensing of reality", "factual perception of reality", everything around you gets registered no matter if you can touch it or it's way off in the distant distance, a mobilized state, exerting force on objects and people with the goal of moving them around in space, in Se perception a person or object can be influenced only in space.

^This doesn't really seem like you.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fe> Fi or Te. Mehbeh.

TIM
    3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the replies, people.

Quote Originally Posted by Milo View Post
    My 2 cents: LIE doesn't seem to fit your countenance. I thought of Fi-SEE or EII when watching your video (SEI also slipped by as an option).
    I'm quite certain I'm neither Alpha nor Delta, and that or PoLR doesn't fit for me. I am not phased at all by conflict, and I am way too organized or rely on facts too much to be any of them.

Story time -- recently I was tasked to plan a division cohesion, which meant that a lot of logistics, research and planning had to be done. I handled everything fine, save for the minor screw ups here and there. But it is only natural, as humans aren't perfect.

But when I did screw up, my superior would go down my throat and yell at me to make his point. I knew what kind of person I was dealing with, and I decided that it is best to keep calm and indifferent, while noting his points.

I could go into details about the cohesion planning, down to every last bit (as I have a binder documenting ALL my work) but it would take a really long time, and I'm not sure if people are interested in reading that.

I also don't shy away from conflict, where the one of the whole sagas can be read here:

Quote Originally Posted by Kierva
    @Hard, this is somewhat interesting to me, because it was, and has been happening right in my office.

In my area of personal relations, it is quite clean because I generally stay away or cut off people that I don't like. As such, my social circle is very small.

Problems arise when I'm at work (where you don't get to choose who you hangout or work with), or I have to attend some social event and I have to be in close proximity to them.

A month ago, I was overseas, and I was activated to do duty in camp. The person I stood by to cover for was somebody that I disliked in terms of his work attitude, because he was very irresponsible, immature and irritating to deal with. The problem is, I was not informed about this activation in advance; I didn't get a call or text UNTIL the very last day before, and I got it from the boy himself.

Here's what REALLY ticked me off: in his own words, he said "Oh I told the boys in charge about it and I assumed that they would have informed you"

FUCK YOU VERY MUCH. First of all, it's your duty, it's your fucking responsibility to tell me in advance. The boys in charge of the duty roster are only in charge of the duty roster. It's already stated IN BLACK AND WHITE that IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO INFORM THE COVERING PERSONNEL IN ADVANCE.

This whole conversation was held in the our branch's group chat. He insisted that this be put to PM, but I refused, because I want people to see how fucking irresponsible, immature and irritatingly dickish he is. With facts pertinent to the situation, where:

a. I was overseas, the bus scheduled to take me home cancelled on me, I have tickets to prove it
    b. I was not informed adequately in advance until the very last day before the duty actually happened
    c. The fact that in his own words, he failed to, and assumed that others would inform me about it
    d. And that in the group chat, he kept insisting that in the routine order had my name inserted, even if that was sent out AFTER I LEFT FOR VACATION
    e. The fact that I can't access work email outside of work due to security reasons
    f. In the duty roster, I had already informed the planners that I will be overseas from the dates I had given them

I managed to turn everyone in the group against him. He is now pretty much disliked by everyone in the branch, as well as on the division level, because of his immaturity, irresponsibility and rudeness.

And the thing is, it's not like I actively turned everyone against him. It's just that I happen to be one of the most helpful, nicest and easiest to work with in the whole division. Sure, I'd have dropped a lot of disdainful complaints about him, but I was not expecting them to dislike him like I did. But he dug himself into this hole with how shitty he is, and I'm only glad that people see what I deal with everyday.
    Quote Originally Posted by wacey View Post
    • Se : awareness of the space and concrete environment around oneself, externally observatory state of mind, "sensing of reality", "factual perception of reality", everything around you gets registered no matter if you can touch it or it's way off in the distant distance, a mobilized state, exerting force on objects and people with the goal of moving them around in space, in Se perception a person or object can be influenced only in space.

^This doesn't really seem like you.
    You're telling me what something isn't, but you're not telling me what something is. Could you elaborate?

Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    Fe> Fi or Te. Mehbeh.
    I've considered EIE, but I ruled that out on the virtue of being positivist. Also, Dialectical-Algorithmic cognition is foreign to me, no matter how much I studied, looked at and understanding it in different ways.

And as I've said earlier, I don't think I'm anywhere in Alpha or Delta. I'm too focused on acquiring objects and power, and sacrificing present comforts for future gain. Right now, I'm in the military and I have 5 months left, and I'm already thinking about my next step. I know what my next step is going to be -- get a copywriting internship at one of the worldwide ad agencies and then transition to full-time employment, but if that doesn't work out, I'll take up my degree and continue building up my portfolio until I get one of those internships at the ad agencies.

I'm looking to get at least $600-700 per month for my internship to sustain my 25-year savings plan (with compound interest), and then if I'm full time, I want at least $2500 a month. I'm doing all of this so I can have a more comfortable life in the US, where I get to own all the luxuries that just so happened to be outrageously overpriced in Singapore. A Toyota Camry for $100k? A 110sqm apartment for $500k? Hot weather to boot?

Fuck all of that! I'm getting the hell out of here, and I've detailed exactly how and when.
    언제나.

TIM
    3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zloty View Post
    I dunno some dynamic type maybe?

I never understood how someone can say the don't shy away from conflict but then in the same paragraph give an example of how they shied away from conflict (ie your boss), so I don't think you are consistent or particularly self-analytical. Well I have seen this more in LIE rather than SEE, SEE don't feel the need to try to show off as much while LIE with Se HA can.

So between the two I think you are LIE but I find you kind of scary, like you are all over the place haha.
    Ah, I think you misunderstood me. In the example with my boss, I said that I was not phased by his aggression. But in the example with regards to the duty, I made the conflict happen.

And yeah, I do get "scary" quite a lot. I've been described by others as "scathingly passive-aggressive atop an air of lightness and silliness". I don't disagree with that, I have had my mean streak arise when needed.

Like with my ex for example -- I once threatened to release the nudes of my ex to his company and to the police, for sexual harassment towards a minor. I also contacted his university to get his degree redacted, because a large part of the final paper was my writing.

Thankfully I didn't have to do any of that because karma bit him in the end. Sweet, sweet retribution, oh how I love you.
    언제나.

TIM
    3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zloty View Post
    Yeah you're a complex man whereas I am pretty simple, i'm sure you could run rings round me no problem.
    It's really just the by product of 3w4.
    언제나.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I got a hunch right off the bat, IEE-Fi. SP/SX seems about right.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Seem Fe tbh maybe ESE