Thread: Post songs that motivate you

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Post songs that motivate you

Last edited by suedehead; 04-08-2016 at 02:30 PM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why are you songs not about bitches suedehead?

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frank Turner's latest album has some good stuff. It's called Positive Songs for Negative People. I like this track:

"How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I am now SLE. Make a mental note. Thanks.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Motivates me every time I get behind the wheel. The louder the better.

YWIMW

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post

Motivates me every time I get behind the wheel. The louder the better.
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post

Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Rocky IV was a metaphor for the battle between MBTI and Socionics.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

This is pretty reliable for motivation. At the very least it makes me want to dance.

YWIMW

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this too because she's really pretty ^-^:

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

dunno why, this song just gets me pumped. mostly drake and eminem's verses.

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post

It's okay but to me it just looks/feels like old hat. Though I'm not faulting your taste

I'm more into something like this lately:
    Haha! Yeah, I know what you mean. The lyrics are a bit obvious and the melody reminds my a little too much of a Mumford and Sons song or something, but I find it oddly comforting. I think Turner might be LSI or somesuch.

I dig the Spoon song. It makes me want to drink absinthe and then puke it up in Piccadilly Circus and stuff.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I can never listen to that song anymore without thinking of this:

The song is forever ruined. Thanks, bg! :kidding:
    I almost posted that song last night. Different video though.

YWIMW

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can never listen to that song anymore without thinking of this:

The song is forever ruined. Thanks, bg! :kidding:
    Oh shit! How have I never seen this before? Hahaha! WTF?!

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This song/video combo motivates me to get cut, come back from the dead to seek revenge, befriend a crow, swing through a broken window stories above the ground, have hot sex, kill some assholes, and leap from rooftop to rooftop and not necessarily in that order.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

FF13 was a shit game but one of its redeeming factors was its music.

Also this song.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

YWIMW

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 11-07-2015 at 08:23 PM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

So catchy...

YWIMW

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)