Thread: Somatopography of Emotion

Banned
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Autosomatopography of Emotion

Last edited by mfckr; 06-06-2014 at 09:05 AM.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I definitely get anxiety in my solar plexus region. Actually pretty much all of my intense feelings are in my solar plexus.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Hah, love stops at the groin.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

This guy I knew, who said he saw auras, altered a pic of me and in it I look like I could be in the midst of, anger, happiness or love according to the pics above.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mermaid with Stellar views SyrupDeGem's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a bit fig 5 that it was research of people who suggested where these emotions lay rather than a super fabulous machine or magician that could read whole body energy.

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mfckr View Post
    They probably just thought you were gullible.
    You mean like, gullible enough to believe that "Somatopography" is really able to identify the emotions of self-reporting subjects?

Nah, he could see energy.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I like how the heart on the Love one is like, white hot.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I've no compelling reason to disbelieve that aggregate trends exist re: where subjects self-report bodily correspondences to their emotional states.

That there does seem to be such a consensus between humans, suggests that emotions might be regularly inferred from certain patterns of interoceptive activity; said patterns could become objectively measurable.

There's also plenty of support going for Embodied Cognition theories in general.
    I have no compelling reason to disbelieve people see energy. I see energy...we all see energy because everything is energy in different forms. Some people just have better sight than others. I am not really disputing your info... I just answered your statement, that had no factual basis, with a question. I don't care what people believe as long as it does not affect me negatively. Your assumption that I was probably gullible was negatively perceived by me.

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

When a lone person claims something that's in no way externally verifiable, it's probably worth being skeptical.
    Are you stating that there is only one person who claims to have seen energy? I am sure there are ways to verify and if I wasn't focused on other ideas I might even look them up. Maybe somatopography could verify but I do not need proof for something I have experienced and have no desire to prove my experience to others. Regardless, we have different standards and ideas that would constitute proof.

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

No, I'm aware that many people claim to see 'auras' and what not; some even say this can be seen via methods like Kirilian photography. But to my knowledge there's never been any demonstrable consistency between such claims.
    Kirlian photography was fun. I have mine somewhere around here. I had various shades of blue (kinda electric and indigo) and gold in mine.

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Lol. :|
    It was fun and I like to do "different", so sue me.

YWIMW

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Oh, I've seen this article. Thanks for reminding me of it.