Page 41 of 73 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,640 of 2884

Thread: Your typing of forum members (archived '15-'17)

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    I made a typo, thank you for not invalidating the gravamen of my post based on that
    Hush I don't judge I know how it is. <3 Typos this or that the gist is clear and invalidation is not an option.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Wut /squints/ Need to metabolize this. If there's a type off Imma cheer, @ me
    He calls his system socionics new wave. It is his half-brained child. Typing is based on VI not functions/IEs. If you have time to kill he has posted about it. He has not seen an adult pic of me but decided I looked like Jodi Arias based on a pic of me when I was a child. Our irises looked the same to him. Not sure how he saw my iris since it was a small pic that showed no pattern in my eye.

I think sol would probably win a type off against him though.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chips and underwear View Post
    WTF? You do realize that ESE-Fi is not a possible subtype?
    A typo, or perhaps just something he intentionally put there to cause knee jerk reactions would be my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra View Post
    You still think I am SEI, right?

And what do you type Jung as?
    I'm just going to offer my thoughts here.

I'm not sure if this is attributable enough to Si alone to warrant an SEI typing, but you seem to me as a very strongly harmonizing personality so I can see why someone might type you as SEI. If I were to guess I would say that a typical IEI would come off as more "passive-aggressive" then you do, since they do value Se after all even if it is weak. I do not see any underlying vindictiveness or desire to cause conflict in you at all. I'm not certain enough to make definitive distinctions on how Se DS which is valued but 1D differs from Se ignoring here though. Maybe @thehotelambush can over more insight on this.
    Last edited by Muddy; 05-22-2017 at 02:41 AM.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    He calls his system socionics new wave. It is his half-brained child. Typing is based on VI not functions/IEs. If you have time to kill he has posted about it. He has not seen an adult pic of me but decided I looked like Jodi Arias based on a pic of me when I was a child. Our irises looked the same to him. Not sure how he saw my iris since it was a small pic that showed no pattern in my eye.

I think sol would probably win a type off against him though.
    New wave be -ing it! Is this relevant tho? We can just giggle and ignore this and have someone else declared as typology king or queen. If they fight I'm all up in this with a sign saying: "Augusta would be proud!!!!"

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

New wave be -ing it! Is this relevant tho? We can just giggle and ignore this and have someone else declared as typology king or queen. If they fight I'm all up in this with a sign saying: "Augusta would be proud!!!!"

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

i don't sense a lot of Ni or Se coming off Cassandra

but maybe its just 4d chess, idk (the most effective Ni is that which you don't detect until its too late--many such morality tales revolve around this)

I hope this isn't looked at like a slight against her. I feel like shes a nice person and I don't want to hurt her feelings (too nice for IEI, in fact), and I'm sad IEI has been identified as desirable in the minds of many people

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    K4m, Sol, Maritsa & Cassandra, the true socionics masters of the forum.
    I wish I could give this 2 likes

I would love to watch them in a room together

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

i don't sense a lot of Ni or Se coming off Cassandra

but maybe its just 4d chess, idk (the most effective Ni is that which you don't detect until its too late--many such morality tales revolve around this)

I hope this isn't looked at like a slight against her. I feel like shes a nice person and I don't want to hurt her feelings (too nice for IEI, in fact), and I'm sad IEI has been identified as desirable in the minds of many people
    To me, Cassandra primarily seems clear, intelligent and very perceptive. I find that I can exchange information with her very easily, almost as if we were Identicals. However, when she talks to someone else, she slides into IEI-dom, and I realize that she has simply adapted herself to better communicate with me. This chameleon-like trait is one I have seen before in very talented therapists and in an IEI manager whom I was dating. I have no idea why no one else here sees this.

IEI's have been called Diplomats before. Has anyone stopped to consider why that might be? A diplomat is a transparent carrier of information who passes no judgement on the content of that information (Ni is not a judging function). The person receiving that information is free to project their own interpretation on the information, and (being human) likely projects their own feelings onto the diplomat in lieu of the diplomat making an impression themselves.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    To me, Cassandra primarily seems clear, intelligent and very perceptive. I find that I can exchange information with her very easily, almost as if we were Identicals. However, when she talks to someone else, she slides into IEI-dom, and I realize that she has simply adapted herself to better communicate with me. This chameleon-like trait is one I have seen before in very talented therapists and in an IEI manager whom I was dating. I have no idea why no one else here sees this.

IEI's have been called Diplomats before. Has anyone stopped to consider why that might be? A diplomat is a transparent carrier of information who passes no judgement on the content of that information (Ni is not a judging function). The person receiving that information is free to project their own interpretation on the information, and (being human) likely projects their own feelings onto the diplomat in lieu of the diplomat making an impression themselves.
    what does that mean for the people who think of her as (probably) SEI?

I don't feel like I really "get" her

in other words, if she's conveying deeper stuff its lost on me because it seems really shallow (which I admit is my perception, not the actual reality of what she's putting out, for all I know its the deepest shit ever and I'm too stupid to get it)

also I feel like a diplomat's job is to make things palatable in such a way as to encourage a forgone objective, not be completely impartial in its presentation

in other words, as agents of a state or master, their job is to massage information/relations in order to further an agenda set by said master (in the case of individuals the master could be the self and it would take the form of internal psychological blocks)

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I've never heard of ieis being called diplomats and have no idea why they would be moreso than seis, and I most definitely do not see them as less judgemental than seis.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I also don't see cass as a chameleon. She says the same kinds of things all the time.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

in other words, if she's conveying deeper stuff its lost on me because it seems really shallow (which I admit is my perception, not the actual reality of what she's putting out, for all I know its the deepest shit ever and I'm too stupid to get it)

also I feel like a diplomat's job is to make things palatable in such a way as to encourage a forgone objective, not be completely impartial

in other words, as agents of a state or master, their job is to massage information/relations in order to further an agenda
    I agree completely, except that I'm confident that it really is shallow.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ehhhh stop saying weird stuff about her I wanna have Cass close to my quadra or IEs, we're sharing something special, dunno what it is. I did notice she adapts really well It seems she can switch between logics and ethics almost fluently somehow so it's either some F or T mobilizing for her. People needlessly complain about her logics but not the ethics so XEI inert subtype is probably the deal. HA for all the "compulsive typing" as she once said, much like I bend over backwards to know how something works/can be made to work ( HA).

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't feel like shallow is bad. it just is what it is

also, mirin' that sig

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't feel like shallow is bad. it just is what it is

also, mirin' that sig
    Depends on intent /squints again/ Make Augusta proud again, people. #MAPA

Ya

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Depends on intent /squints again/ Make Augusta proud again, people. #MAPA

Ya
    oh... oh

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    I also don't see cass as a chameleon. She says the same kinds of things all the time.
    Your statement implies that your view of "chameleon" is someone who changes their story, which, of course, is the worst possible act to an ESI. This was not what I meant.
    My intention was to say that she adapts her approach to information exchange in order to convey the same message (and yes, she is consistent) to different people in ways which they can best understand.

Now, this may be my own impression because I am a Te-dom, as is her father, so she may be slanting her info primarily toward LIE's and LSE's instead of everyone. IDK. Talk to her more and see. But I can see that she subtly changes her approach to people based on their types, and I think this requires a lot of talent.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Your statement implies that your view of "chameleon" is someone who changes their story, which, of course, is the worst possible act to an ESI. This was not what I meant.
    My intention was to say that she adapts her approach to information exchange in order to convey the same message (and yes, she is consistent) to different people in ways which they can best understand.

Now, this may be my own impression because I am a Te-dom, as is her father, so she may be slanting her info primarily toward LIE's and LSE's instead of everyone. IDK. Talk to her more and see. But I can see that she subtly changes her approach to people based on their types, and I think this requires a lot of talent.
    I would just like to say, fwiw, the person I know who is the most proactive at this (maybe not best, but who legit tries the hardest, from my point of view) I consider SEI. I feel like IEIs are actually less impartial and less/more [1] diplomatic (more motivated by something other than altruism) whereas SEIs seem like peacemakers in the truest sense of the word. It may have to with quasi identity, I feel like I would put IEI and EII in the same camp, which is they are too in general agenda driven and "unnatural" whereas ESI and SEI aren't [2].

which brings me to my final point, which is I like Cassandra inasmuch as I think she is SEI. Although I see how that creates an apparent contradiction in regards to her own aims, making me seem like an "enemy" (working against her) when I'm really not. I think of her as SEI and I mean that as a compliment

[1] depending on the dual sense in which we've seen it used here--more "motivated" less "impartial"

[2] it really goes to aristocratic v democratic, when I speak of "naturalness"--with me psychologically predisposed to identifying "natural" as democratic

I find it interesting, that from my way of thinking you (@adam strange) identify diplomatic in terms of the aristocratic conception which seems oblivious to its own partiality
    Last edited by Bertrand; 05-22-2017 at 03:50 AM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I find it interesting, that from my way of thinking you (@adam strange) identify diplomatic in terms of the aristocratic conception which seems oblivious to its own partiality
    No, that is not the way I think of diplomacy in general. It is the way I think of diplomacy in terms of IEI's and SLE's where the IEI is the diplomat to the world for the SLE ruler.

Personally, I think of ideal diplomacy in very different terms. Both more open (when warranted) and more machiavelian when openness is not warranted.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

No, that is not the way I think of diplomacy in general. It is the way I think of diplomacy in terms of IEI's and SLE's where the IEI is the diplomat to the world for the SLE ruler.

Personally, I think of ideal diplomacy in very different terms. Both more open (when warranted) and more machiavelian when openness is not warranted.
    ah I see, thank you

but I'm curious do you think the IEI (operating from within its milieu) is the transparent conveyor, or do you think the IEI only thinks of themselves as such, or perhaps some third option?

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All ethical types are more inclined to be 'diplomatic' in the communication sense of the term, not necessarily the political sense. @Cassandra being able to mold herself according to what people need from her is more along the lines of Si & Fe. I would type her as SEI, to be honest.

However, I don't personally know her so my guess is as good as an intuitive feeling about her real-life personality and at most an hour of talking to her over chat, which doesn't say much either way.
    Last edited by Jake; 05-22-2017 at 04:31 AM.

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I asked my cat what types she is a thinkin. She had this to say

9iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Astounding.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ah I see, thank you

but I'm curious do you think the IEI (operating from within its milieu) is the transparent conveyor, or do you think the IEI only thinks of themselves as such, or perhaps some third option?
    I think SOME IEI's can be transparent conveyors of information (ones with strong Ti), but most IEI's that I have met have an agenda. That agenda might be to keep the SLE out of trouble after they said something which was generally outrageous, or to support their own view of themselves as someone who is intuitively transcendent, or to help you and your spouse get along better, or whatever. But they typically have great perception and great abilities as mimics, and to do that, they have to deeply understand their audience and its motivations, and be able to present information in a way which will be accepted.
    Did I mention that they often make great writers?

Stratiyevskaya had really disparaging descriptions of IEI's in her duality and conflict descriptions., where the IEI basically manipulated other people into doing what they wanted by playing on their weaknesses. I read these while dating an IEI, and I thought they were both horribly, unfairly critical and yet held a grain of truth. It was as if Strat took the IEI talent of understanding others and empathizing with them and twisted it to the worst possible use.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Kill4Me

WTF is wrong with you? Some of those typings seem to have no basis in reality. Aren't SLEs supposed to be a little bit more objective than that?

I'd like to see you use your Ti-sub logic to prove you've typed yourself right.
    Last edited by niffer; 05-22-2017 at 04:44 AM.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Not that it matters wrt type, bcuz she's obviously ethical regardless, but I'm really baffled about where people are seeing diplomacy and chameleon-ness. She's nice, but that's not the same thing. She has extreme confidence in very strict, categorical opinions, always presented as though there's no question about them, which strikes me as the opposite of diplomatic, chameleon like behavior.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strangeling View Post
    I asked my cat what types she is a thinkin. She had this to say

9iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Astounding.
    9iiiiiiiiiiii is Cat for murder. Which is the only thing on a cat's mind.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    @Kill4Me

WTF is wrong with you? Some of those typings seem to have no basis in reality. Aren't SLEs supposed to be a little bit objective than that?

I'd like to see you use your Ti-sub logic to prove you've typed yourself right.
    @niffer, @Kill4Me's list is a recurring joke on forum members.

He has me as EII, for god's sake. I'm laughing out loud right now.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think SOME IEI's can be transparent conveyors of information (ones with strong Ti), but most IEI's that I have met have an agenda. That agenda might be to keep the SLE out of trouble after they said something which was generally outrageous, or to support their own view of themselves as someone who is intuitively transcendent, or to help you and your spouse get along better, or whatever. But they typically have great perception and great abilities as mimics, and to do that, they have to deeply understand their audience and its motivations, and be able to present information in a way which will be accepted.
    Did I mention that they often make great writers?

Stratiyevskaya had really disparaging descriptions of IEI's in her duality and conflict descriptions., where the IEI basically manipulated other people into doing what they wanted by playing on their weaknesses. I read these while dating an IEI, and I thought they were both horribly, unfairly critical and yet held a grain of truth. It was as if Strat took the IEI talent of understanding others and empathizing with them and twisted it to the worst possible use.
    I love strat like no shit I think she's closest to the truth out of everyone

thanks for bearing with me

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

whenever niffer makes an appearance I imagine her kicking the door down

or maybe busting through the wall in spectacular fashion, kind of like the kool aid guy

I feel like shes got a gun

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Adam Strange He had you as IEE.

And I'm sorry I wasn't invited in on the punchline.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Adam Strange He had you as IEE.
    Yeah, I guess. I didn't read it closely.
    I remember when he first typed me as something other than LIE, and I was about to protest, or maybe did, but then he changed it to some other random type, and then changed it again.

And I'm sorry I wasn't invited in on the punchline.
    so what else can I conclude, other than his typings are jokes?

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

my theory is types who grew up in out of quadra environments do much better with quasi identicals, so the rapport may be coming from cass as SEI and Q.I to dual ESI of LIE adam

the other option is she really is ESI and acts like SEI for similar reasons

ive found the attraction is often one sided though (and hence a lot of discomfort to conflict), so it would be interesting to get cassandra's take on adam. although I suspect IEI or SEI would have a hard time being blunt, so the world may never truly know

a lot of what draws people to their conflictor is the mixed messages they get growing up as to the worth of certain qualities (their own, or others, as expressed by the prevailing environment), etc

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Haha, typing cass as esi seems like some hilarious poetic justice. I think its likelier that they're both compatible sociotypes that are not gamma.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE & SEI is extremely likely

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

oh man this is getting good

what do you think about being ILE, adam?

we're really sorting out relations

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

oh man this is getting good

what do you think about being ILE, adam?

we're really sorting out relations
    I think paper doesn't refuse print.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think paper doesn't refuse print.
    what does that mean

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

what does that mean
    It means that people can write anything they want, but just because something is written down, it doesn't mean it is true.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It means that people can write anything they want, but just because something is written down, it doesn't mean it is true.
    i was hoping you might have an enlightening theory on why people might think you're ILE even if you yourself don't think that's true

if you're not interested in entertaining the idea I get that too

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TBH, I've considered SEI for Cassandra many times before and after reading some recent good points from people who think she is SEI I am considering it again. That being said, she is only either IEI or SEI. I think the tone that some of this is being said in can be taken the wrong way easily by her, though.

Well wouldn't that mean what you say isn't necessarily true too? But I think you are LIE. I don't know why getting along with someone automatically has to make them same quadra or such. I'm close friends with an SEI but I'm sure as hell not ILE or alpha.
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

likewise Im friends with a SEI, but it definitely feels like we make it work based on goodwill because we frequently do things that for 2 seconds we each suspect the worst from eachother, and then we realize we're just misunderstanding one another and that underlying it all is sincere trust and honorable intentions. I definitely would never say he makes a lot of sense or we communicate easily. its more like he would describe me as "really mysterious" and I would describe him as "a really good person, who I've learned to trust" its like we both imply a certain euphemistic quality to our descriptions but we both know inside the other person is good although it frequently takes us a second to realize it in the moment when stuff is happening in ways we at first don't fully understand

whereas with my SEE friend she'll do something and everyone will rush to condemn her and its like I instantly realized what she was doing and it was good and I never had that period of doubt. it was like i just got it from the get go and even when she does stuff other people think is negatively directed towards me I know its not (unless it is, of course ) same thing with other ESIs, although I feel like some ESIs can be really twisted
    Last edited by Bertrand; 05-22-2017 at 06:24 AM.