Thread: Extroverted Sensing PoLR and Seeking

TIM
    EII 4w3 Sx/sp
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paranoid View Post
    i think the point of not consciously realizing the effect it has on you, is that you don't consciously realize the effect it has on you, but it might help to think of it independent from duality? Se-seeking might be why IEIs are known to unwittingly chase power, status, and money (Se), why they may find themselves in seemingly "abusive" relationships, why they drive fast on the road, why they venture through dangerous alleys, and why they listen to aggressive or loud music. Se being their suggestive would mean that they don't realize any of this until their inevitable comedown. it's not like they're intentionally trying to get themselves in trouble, it's quite literally out of their control. the suggestive wants what it wants, but of course there are limits.

obviously these are more negative examples, but i'm just trying to touch on how "suggestible" people can be to their respective suggestive function.

i've noticed something similar with LxE types, Fi-seeking, and a soft spot for little children, but i've seen this in LSE more than LIE.
    Your description of traits that are brought about by the suggestive is awesome, Could you help me out with Te seeking traits and behaviour?

C-EII-INFj 4w3 Sx/sp 479

TIM
    EII 4w3 Sx/sp
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paranoid View Post
    @vertu "EIIs are very attuned to the psychological atmosphere of interaction."

that is one of the defining traits of EII. they have a rather melancholic tone (known to stifle all playfulness in others, or something to that effect) which they may hype up on occasion, oftentimes in a close group of friends, but i have yet to meet an EII with an obnoxious voice that ticks off everyone around them. when they lose it, maybe, but that's the case for most, if not all, types. that's more beta territory. in fact, that's precisely the kind of complaint a delta would deliver to a beta, albeit quietly and to themselves. i can't imagine either Se PoLR just "giving in" to Se-egos, they couldn't care less about Se, and so they'd probably just walk away quietly or say, "no thanks" and move on. those observations seem off-base to me, but if not then do correct me.
    Stifling playfulness in others? That kind of makes us sound like really boring serious people dontcha think?

C-EII-INFj 4w3 Sx/sp 479

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vertu View Post
    Okie okie sorry y'all perhaps they were IEEs that were fairly introverted lol
    they are 100000% Delta NFs tho
    I don't think that you are necessarily wrong with your perception that they are EIIs. And I don't care if EIIs usually speak with a super soft voice and try to stay in the background. When people feel comfortable they start to loosen up and deviate from their usual behavior. In their attempt to fit in or let go and have fun even introverts can be obnoxiously loud. It's unknown territory for them so they make mistakes that are embarrassing later. Furthermore people are not all the same. Just because one EII is aware enough to never raise his voice does not mean that your EIIs are.

TIM
    6w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Cosmic Teapot THANK YOU !!!! I'm very sick of one-dimensional typing. People are more than type. They aren't going to constantly be true to the theory, bc it's still a fluid theory. It's meant to be a overarching guide, not a strict linear path of how everybody is at literally every moment. People act spontaneously, bc we are human. If we portray ourselves as something one moment, it may not be the same as the next just bc...we are changeable individuals?? The problem with this place is getting too wrapped up in the idea of ourselves as opposed to just being who we are. Just bc I'm typed as a Beta NF doesn't mean I'm going to go around being sassy and kinda standoffish to people (I was told I am soft for an EIE apparently). We are not that simple as people, why would that even be something to strive for? The functions happen to make sense and that's kind of really it.

Also everything is in the context. My friends are loud around me bc I bring them out of their shell. All I meant to imply was that they have little perception of how loud they are in a room. I def did not explain it well though, which usually is my problem haha.
    "Not everything that is faced can be changed; but nothing can be changed until it is faced" -James Baldwin

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@vertu, nicely said. I like your stance on "The functions happen to make sense and that's kind of really it." a lot.

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaebette View Post
    Stifling playfulness in others? That kind of makes us sound like really boring serious people dontcha think?
    oh not at all, i'm sorry if it came across that way. i think that particular tone of voice (stifling all playfulness in others) is more common when the EII in question is surrounded by people who are engaged in the exact type of behavior that vertu outlined in her post, especially when it's mixed with mindless or aggressive debauchery and the like, which is an emulation of the negative side of beta values, but i also realize that Se-valuing quadras and Ne-valuing quadras have different perceptions of "reality", so what Ne might consider out-of-place and/or inappropriate may not ring true for Se, and vice versa.
    Your description of traits that are brought about by the suggestive is awesome, Could you help me out with Te seeking traits and behaviour?
    aw thanks, i could try, but it might take a while since these observations usually come to me in bouts of inspiration. i'll pm you if i think of anything.

@vertu
    that sort of destroys the premise of your initial observations, which strongly implied that all EIIs are prone to those types of behaviors (since you specified "all of them...") to put down the EII type in an attempt to alleviate the IEI (or beta NF?) type(s) to a higher standard of social etiquette in comparison. you did temper it with comments such as, "but it's so adorable!" but that's no different from labeling another person an obnoxious miscreant and then following it up with, "but it's so adorable!" as if that invalidates the offensiveness of the initial comment(s). it was similar when you painted them as weak-willed and "easy" to Se-egos. with that said, i'm not fond of one-dimensional typing either, especially when it's used as means to put down another type in order to make oneself feel better about one's own type, so i'd just be careful with assertions like that in the future. i want to clarify that this isn't an attack on you (nor do i think that you're attacking me), rather it's a critique of your observations, and the (apparent) nature of said observations.

tl;dr i really don't want this theory to be the downfall of our impending love affair
    Last edited by wasp; 07-16-2017 at 11:34 PM.

TIM
    6w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks @Cosmic Teapot It seems to be the only way to not get so taken over by socionics irl
    @paranoid Oooh. That's totally valid, and I had no intention of being offensive! I meant it genuinely
    but now I could see how that would be interpreted as backhanded. Very fair. I go strictly by the principle
    that my preferences aren't at all superior to anyone else's. So when I say my observations, I truly try to assert
    them in a fact-like rather than meaning my way is better/worse. I also didn't intend to impose that EIIs are weak-willed
    in an objective sense, just that they do not utilize it in an Se way. I find EIIs really mature in how they deal with things, frankly,
    and the people I know of the type are some of the kindest individuals. I think that their strength lies in their ability to listen and
    truly take in their own emotions on a deeper level than I probably ever could. When I said they easily give in, it is a fact that they do not want to play power games. Bc they don't value Se they would rather listen and help than try to prove them wrong in the same way that an Se-valuing type would. I think that's a good thing lol. They have the ability to listen and act selflessly, and I value that. I think that's an unbelievable strength. I hope that makes sense. I'm realizing that I have an issue with how I phrase things and it doesn't translate well on this site. Sorry if it sounded offensive or insensitive. I honestly had no idea it would've been interpreted that way.Thank you for pointing it out to me. And of course we can still have that affair, I've been waiting for ya
    Last edited by scio; 07-17-2017 at 01:43 AM.
    "Not everything that is faced can be changed; but nothing can be changed until it is faced" -James Baldwin

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@vertu that makes more sense. i think it's evident that we share a dislike of one-dimensional typing, but we may be approaching that dislike from different angles. if anywhere in my post(s) i gave the impression that betas are less considerate than deltas, then apologies for that. it's more so that their approach to interpersonal interactions are on opposing ends of the spectrum, so they'll both think that the other quadra is less socially adept, just in two different ways. i have a similar problem with my phrasing, except that my tone tends to come across more serious and/or critical than intended. (i'm sensitive to tonal shifts and their implications, for example) i reread what i wrote and realized that i could've phrased what i had written in a lighter tone to circumvent any misunderstandings. thank you for being so understanding! i'll meet you at the lake at 10pm, don't be late, and bring goggles.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12