Thread: Which type is least likely to attract a dual?

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Which type is least likely to attract a dual?

I'd say male Fi-ESIs
    Last edited by suedehead; 05-28-2017 at 11:05 AM.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

I'd say LII, especially the female ones. (Mostly because they just don't meet, and then because many Alpha NTs tend to have high standards for someone's logical intelligence level and many Alpha SFs expect someone to fit into gender roles more or be more mainstream.)

With male ESI, I think it is a matter of female LIEs being less common, and also Fi leads tend to prefer a fellow Fi ego type or at least an Fi HA person. So it is not really a matter of not attracting LIEs; it is a matter of either not meeting any LIEs and/or simply preferring other types (because of personal non-socionics values and whatnot).
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Bullets and I agree that this is way too heteronormative. Broaden your horizons.

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me.
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Assuming that we attract the dual with the demonstrative function, then which type has got the worst demonstrative?
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Why would people be primarily attracted to their Dual's Demonstrative...
    We don't even value the IE of our Dual's Demonstrative...

We attract our Dual the most by using our Ego functions.

People who use their Role or Demonstrative too much are more likely gonna repel their Dual.
    People who use their HA too much are more likely gonna attract their Activity partner, or anyone with that IE in their Ego.

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra View Post
    Why would people be primarily attracted to their Dual's Demonstrative...
    We don't even value the IE of our Dual's Demonstrative...

We attract our Dual the most by using our Ego functions.

People who use their Role or Demonstrative too much are more likely gonna repel their Dual.
    People who use their HA too much are more likely gonna attract their Activity partner, or anyone with that IE in their Ego.
    I'm thinking about the actual initiation of contact.

The demonstrative shows itself in quick, concrete actions. "Quick fixes". In this way it can connect in a real situation. It supports the dual where he is at his weakest. The demonstrative is very strong.

The functions all have their use according to the situation and the current psychological distance. But as initiating contact, I would say demonstrative and not ego functions.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by suedehead View Post
    I'd say male Fi-ESIs
    I work with two male ESI-Fi's. One is gay and single, the other is straight and married.

The types which I see as having the most trouble in relationships are LII's. I know a bunch of them, and they are all either in unhappy relationships, or in no relationship.

Even the most normal LII I know, who was dualized, got dumped by his dual, and he seems perfectly unconcerned by that. He may be hiding his feelings, though, IDK. He's put on a lot of weight since that happened, so I assume he's frustrated. My LII sister doesn't hide her feelings any more, and she's in desperate need of Fe and is clueless about how to get it and keep it. I wish she'd stop trying to drown her misery in alcohol and deal with the real problem.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 06-17-2017 at 01:25 PM.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by suedehead View Post
    I'd say male Fi-ESIs
    no. I detect them and I like them

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think female LIE. maybe because we are not the type of ideal girl which boys seem to like. we aren't that social, need our autonomy, are a bit workaholic, are not very romantic, don't really know how to dress to look attractive, etc
    ESI boys seem to be chasing the wrong type of women like SLIs, IEEs, even IEIs. and then they lose hope in making the person into someone they can feel comfortable with and they break up. or painfully stay in the relationship while still somehow looking for alternatives while their Fi isn't letting them let go of someone whom they have shared and exchanged so many positive emotions with.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    I think female LIE. maybe because we are not the type of ideal girl which boys seem to like.
    You are the type of ideal woman that ESI men like. Leave the boys to their toys.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    You are the type of ideal woman that ESI men like. Leave the boys to their toys.

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could say the type that is most likely to attract a "non-dual" can be EII. I was literally FED-UP with people falling in love with me or thinking I am flirting or that I am desperately needing a relationship. Why would everyone think I am desparate? Duh.

I agree with @Adam Strange though. LII tends to piss even his dual off, maybe unknowingly. Unless they are musicians, I think then it becomes more likely for them to show something of the thirst for Fe. Maybe encourage your sister to learn to play electric guitar?

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but I could imagine male ESI-Fi is also attracting non-duals mainly. They can attract duals only when they come into OK terms inside themselves and find balance and harmony within themselves and try to come out of their Fi-castle; or at least keep the doors open

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'd say LII, especially the female ones. (Mostly because they just don't meet, and then because many Alpha NTs tend to have high standards for someone's logical intelligence level and many Alpha SFs expect someone to fit into gender roles more or be more mainstream.)
    Alpha NT roams out of their lab. So life is more than being biological organism? I think I might try it later... To the cave!
    ESEs SEIs usually gravitate towards logical articulation which is not usually available due to science cave.

I have seen cases where LII complains but does nothing. I think there's even a book written about it (I don't remember more details).
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Why where ILI's not mentioned yet? I don't understand how an SEE would be attracted to a stereotypical ILI. Any experiences?

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I work with two male ESI-Fi's. One is gay and single, the other is straight and married.

The types which I see as having the most trouble in relationships are LII's. I know a bunch of them, and they are all either in unhappy relationships, or in no relationship.

Even the most normal LII I know, who was dualized, got dumped by his dual, and he seems perfectly unconcerned by that. He may be hiding his feelings, though, IDK. He's put on a lot of weight since that happened, so I assume he's frustrated. My LII sister doesn't hide her feelings any more, and she's in desperate need of Fe and is clueless about how to get it and keep it. I wish she'd stop trying to drown her misery in alcohol and deal with the real problem.
    True, my bf is LII and her romantic life sucks.
    But LIEs aren't so far from that

LIIs are so self centered and even selfish in some ways that its hilarious (jk, actually it's not hilarious, its really sad when they suffer). They seem only notice it when their relationships collapse. No matter how much advice one give them, they'll do the same (or worst) with the next partner. IDK why they refuse so much to take advice. Plus, they are averse to talk about their feelings after break up, and pretty much to deal with their depression in normal ways… so one can easily think that they are "fine" (because they look fine and they will say they are fine), and the next time you'll hear about them is when they are crying because they were doing really stupid things when drunk.
    Last edited by Hope; 06-17-2017 at 07:52 PM.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Teapot View Post
    Why where ILI's not mentioned yet? I don't understand how an SEE would be attracted to a stereotypical ILI. Any experiences?
    I know of a few SEE-ILI couples; but interestingly they are all male SEE with female ILI pairings. SEE guys are into smart women, and ILI women are into energetic fun guys.
    Male ILIs tend to mostly date ExIs, IEEs, and xLIs, ime. Tbh, it seems like they find most SEE women "too shallow" or not intellectual enough for their taste.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warm Regards,

Clowns & Entropy

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Teapot View Post
    the SEEs I have seen are very actively searching and they end up trying out with nerdy people and I think in the end they find some ILI or SLI! or IEI.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

I'd agree that SEEs are often actively searching... But in my experience, most of them end up with an SLI or ESI.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The one male SEE whom I know is married to an IEI. They seem pretty stable, although he told me things are not perfect.
    I was in a clothing store last week and the woman there was SEE. Very pretty blonde, kind of a Valkyrie look, was divorced and told me she had a bunch of BF's since then. She described the present one as an introvert who never helped around the house but just had advice and he's too lazy. I told her I knew of a guy who would be good for her, he is a tax atty, and she said she does need help with her finances. She said she needs money, too, (she wrote a dollar sign on my ticket to emphasize that, and circled it) but she didn't like me much at all (I think I'm too extroverted for her tastes, TBH).

ILI's have trouble in relationships, too. I know a few, I've even dated one, but the only one who is married is married to an ESI-Se. The rest are single and are bouncing off other billiard balls.

I do think that LII's have more trouble in long term relationships than ILI's. The LII's seem more detached from people somehow. ILI's may tell you that you're an asshole upon first meeting, but at least they engage. LII's are much more polite. They may think you are an idiot, but they won't engage enough to tell you that. I think this lack of engagement with people makes them less likely to dualize. Or to be in a successful relationship at all, for that matter.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd agree that SEEs are often actively searching... But in my experience, most of them end up with an SLI or ESI.
    Your signature is so SLE
    I can't imagine ESI and SEE in long term relationship. SEE women I have met, are attracted to serious people who are nagging somehow all the time so maybe that is why..

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Your signature is so SLE
    I can't imagine ESI and SEE in long term relationship. SEE women I have met, are attracted to serious people who are nagging somehow all the time so maybe that is why..
    It's SLE, really? Or are you mocking me?

ESI-SEE couples are mostly made up of a female ESI with a male SEE. Whereas SEE-SLI applies to both the female and male SEEs. Those are just my observations, ofc.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Your signature is so SLE
    @Zero, you are seeing a disbelieved Prophetess in Delta Hell.

That avatar pic is @Cassandra at the fall of Troy.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

I think Zero meant the gif in my signature?
    Not my profile pic, haha.

(Regardless, it's a lovely description. )

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought all prophetesses were EII.. what is a Delta hell??

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's SLE, really? Or are you mocking me?

ESI-SEE couples are mostly made up of a female ESI with a male SEE. Whereas SEE-SLI applies to both the female and male SEEs. Those are just my observations, ofc.
    No mocking. Never mocking

TIM
    SLE.Wait...Shit, EII
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me. I'm a somewhat okay INFj with a really annoying humor for the other sex. I just need to close my mouth for being appreciated.

In all, just from superficial view, I would say LII. Not the sole fault of LII, but much more the fault of their dumb slutty dual. Let's not have fear to say it.

For the OP, imo ESI, at least those I know, doesn't have problem into having relationship, or at least sex. They have more problem maintening them. They are quick to judge ppl and are going out of a relationship quite easily. An older LIE I was having as an executive chief was bored of family life, he didn't see the point. And he wasn't depressed, it was just his POV.
    Another ESI I know just don't wan't being into relationship, because, aside being a bit depressed, don't wan't to trade his somewhat hedonistic life for a "normal" one (drugs). Ive a LIE female friend, and while she have more XP than myself into causual sex and stuff, Ive hard time to see her into a LTR, because I think she's basically an idiot when it come to relationship. She can't manage to find quality into ppl, she see only "why this guy is making myself bad" and don't tend to try to ameliorate the relationship. Hopefully she's mature in a social way.
    Last edited by noaydi; 06-18-2017 at 09:39 PM.