EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Spatial test and scores

Here is a spatial to tease your brain
    http://psychometrics.akresgr.org/spatialtest/

Your score was 14 (2 correct in section one, 4 correct in section two, 3 correct in section three, 5 correct in section four). Interpretations are below.

Score range Interpretation
    12-20 Normal
    21+ Very good (top 15%)
    25+ Very, very good (top 2%)

The last section was rather ambiguous so it was way easier. It saved my overall result. I didn't like it at all. BUT I'M NORMAL!!!!!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is death

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

That was torture. Probably the hardest online intelligence test I've taken. I barely managed to eke out a normal score.

Your score was 13 (3 correct in section one, 3 correct in section two, 2 correct in section three, 5 correct in section four). Interpretations are below.

12-20 Normal
    21+ Very good (top 15%)
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

29. I missed answering the last question by one second. The left-handed are good at spatial orientation. It is where our nonexistent language ability goes, and explains why I have 3D vision for real objects and also failed German repeatedly for seven years.

Adam's_spatial_orientation.jpg

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    29. I missed answering the last question by one second. The left-handed are good at spatial orientation. It is where our nonexistent language ability goes, and explains why I have 3D vision for real objects and also failed German repeatedly for seven years.

Adam's_spatial_orientation.jpg
    Well I'm left handed and I got less than half your score. Wanna explain that?

I also aced my German class.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i got 20. i could have done slightly better probably.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chips and underwear View Post
    Well I'm left handed and I got less than half your score. Wanna explain that?

I also aced my German class.
    I was serious when I said that the brain circuits can either be used for language or for spacial ability. It is a complete trade.* You are probably not as left-handed as I am, and you therefore have good foreign language abilities. I don't. I can't even program, because programming is a language.

My own theory is that this accounts for the preference of humans to be right-handed. Humans all can speak a language. Animals happen to be evenly divided between left- and right-manipulator (paw, hoof, fin, etc.) preferences, and they don't speak, at least not as well as we do. That language ability we have took over brain space, and it had to come from somewhere, since the human brain, regardless of myths to the contrary, uses every bit of processing power it has without over heating. Brain material is metabolically very expensive, and the body doesn't build it just for the fun of it, to keep it alive and let it sit around unused.
    While I'm on the topic of brains, let me add that the brain is a seven-layer flexible circuit board with massively paralleled identical circuitry, about the size of a dinner napkin, folded up (yep, that's what the folds are) to fit into our skulls. Each layer represents a level of increasing sensory abstraction. For example, in the part of the board that is used for visual processing, the first layer processes edges, then the next layer integrates those edges into a square, the next layer integrates the square into a table, the next layer processes the table into an object in a room, the next layer turns the object in the room into your table in your house, the next turns your table into the work space or dining space for your evening's activities but it could be used for other things, and the seventh level abstracts it further into the philosophy of work or social events in one's life. Most animals do not have seven layer boards. I think dogs have five, dolphins six. I could be wrong about dolphins, but my point is that philosophy and spatial ability and Socionics cognitive functions have real assigned places in brain circuitry. The hard part is to map the circuits, but that is just a matter of time and money.

*The circuitry in the seven layers is all identical. That is, the same circuit stack that accepts visual input from the bottom up, can be re-purposed to drive muscles from the top down. Intention to go to the store, motivation to move across the room, decide to walk, select muscle groups, set up firing pattern to coordinate muscle contractions, output nerve impulses to muscle fibers. The brain areas are completely general and, initially, probably non-specific so they can be used for other things, but the brain is just about at the limit of our bodies to cool it, and so it can't make more circuit board without burning up. So, choose one: spatial ability or language, and let Darwin sort it out.

So far, he's been on the side of the language-processors and right-handers.

But, our Day Will Come!!! The Left Hand of Darkness will Rise Again! BWAHHH HAAH HAAAA HAAAAAAAAA
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 10-27-2015 at 03:51 AM.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I was serious when I said that the brain circuits can either be used for language or for spacial ability. It is a complete trade.* You are probably not as left-handed as I am, and you therefore have good foreign language abilities. I don't. I can't even program, because programming is a language.

My own theory is that this accounts for the preference of humans to be right-handed. Humans all can speak a language. Animals happen to be evenly divided between left- and right-manipulator (paw, hoof, fin, etc.) preferences, and they don't speak, at least not as well as we do. That language ability we have took over brain space, and it had to come from somewhere, since the human brain, regardless of myths to the contrary, uses every bit of processing power it has without over heating. Brain material is metabolically very expensive, and the body doesn't build it just for the fun of it, to keep it alive and let it sit around unused.
    While I'm on the topic of brains, let me add that the brain is a seven-layer flexible circuit board with massively paralleled identical circuitry, about the size of a dinner napkin, folded up (yep, that's what the folds are) to fit into our skulls. Each layer represents a level of increasing sensory abstraction. For example, in the part of the board that is used for visual processing, the first layer processes edges, then the next layer integrates those edges into a square, the next layer integrates the square into a table, the next layer processes the table into an object in a room, the next layer turns the object in the room into your table in your house, the next turns your table into the work space or dining space for your evening's activities but it could be used for other things, and the seventh level abstracts it further into the philosophy of work or social events in one's life. Most animals do not have seven layer boards. I think dogs have five, dolphins six. I could be wrong about dolphins, but my point is that philosophy and spatial ability and Socionics cognitive functions have real assigned places in brain circuitry. The hard part is to map the circuits, but that is just a matter of time and money.

*The circuitry in the seven layers is all identical. That is, the same circuit stack that accepts visual input from the bottom up, can be re-purposed to drive muscles from the top down. Intention to go to the store, motivation to move across the room, decide to walk, select muscle groups, set up firing pattern to coordinate muscle contractions, output nerve impulses to muscle fibers. The brain areas are completely general and, initially, probably non-specific so they can be used for other things, but the brain is just about at the limit of our bodies to cool it, and so it can't make more circuit board without burning up. So, choose one: spatial ability or language, and let Darwin sort it out.
    Well I do believe some people are stronger at spatial things and others are stronger at language, I don't think it's quite so black/white and either-or. I know people who are quite strong in both and people who suck at both.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

16, meh

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I don't have 3D perception as in stereo-vision.
    Here is a test to test your two eyed depth perception:
    http://www.eyetricks.com/3dstereo1.htm
    Can you see the hidden image? I can't.
    My eye coordination is impaired from birth. I'm completely stereo blind. I'm rather proud of myself that I got normal score in spatial test. My handedness is bit mixed but I'm not ambidextrous.
    My cognition scores highest on verbal reasoning (pretty exceptional but it was not that valued quality when I studied mathematics: perfectly explained solution but nothing concrete gave me sometimes 0 points). It is funny because I'm very scattered person who has very bad time at focusing details. I'm also pretty damn good at finding alternative routes/out of the litter box ways to solve problems but that is rather hard to grade. I struggled at foreign languages because:
    1: Texts were utterly uninteresting
    2: It was cool to compare grammar systems between languages but applying it wasn't very interesting.
    3: Vocabulary.... who needs that
    Last edited by The Reality Denialist; 10-27-2015 at 05:00 PM.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I could see the image.

I expected to fail that spatial test miserably. I was relieved to find out I was normal. I felt I was random guessing for the majority of questions. For the section on slicing- the third section, I couldn't even understand the example let alone the section. So I completely random guessed it. My spatial reasoning isn't entirely bad though. On other spatial tests I've scored above average but that was mostly 2-D spatial ability not 3-D stuff.

My intelligence profile is something like this:
    logical/mathematical > linguistic > spatial > people skills

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

So far, he's been on the side of the language-processors and right-handers.

But, our Day Will Come!!! The Left Hand of Darkness will Rise Again! BWAHHH HAAH HAAAA HAAAAAAAAA
    Can you verify the answer?
    http://arxiv.org/pdf/1401.8242v2.pdf

I "sucked" at organic chemistry (my lowest grades: 1/5 and 3/5 at university). Do you think that you would be great at it? For the reference google search page:
    https://www.google.fi/search?q=organ...w=1366&bih=657
    Got to love this
    before_after_organicexam.png
    Last edited by The Reality Denialist; 10-27-2015 at 05:22 PM.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I did well in organic chemistry and didn't have too much difficulty with the spatial reasoning there. Again, the molecules were drawn as 2-D representations as 3-D structures and as long as things are 2-D, I can flip and rotate them no problem.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I should say that for more than half the questions, I chose a random answer

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chips and underwear View Post
    I did well in organic chemistry and didn't have too much difficulty with the spatial reasoning there. Again, the molecules were drawn as 2-D representations as 3-D structures and as long as things are 2-D, I can flip and rotate them no problem.
    Yes. The problem with exams is that it tests your ability to memorize. I don't particularly like that. I studied biochemistry as well but stopped at metabolism. Remembering the cycles was pure hell. I did have few exams where we were allowed to bring books/anything you could carry and you were free to move around the globe while doing the exam. I aced at those tests and people still failed at them in great proportions.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by unsuccessfull Alphamale View Post
    Yes. The problem with exams is that it tests your ability to memorize. I don't particularly like that. I studied biochemistry as well but stopped at metabolism. Remembering the cycles was pure hell. I did have few exams where we were allowed to bring books/anything you could carry and you were free to move around the globe while doing the exam. I aced at those tests and people still failed at them in great proportions.
    Oh the cycles, the horror. Yes, we were required to memorize them. I'm not sure why.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

16, haha.

Not surprised, given I've expected to get a low result anyways, as someone with weak Sensing (Se in particular). In real life, I still have trouble with parking my car, so yeah, no wonder!

I am just glad I did not get a score worse than "normal", haha.

And yes, I can speak/read in several languages. My strength lies in languages. Also, I am right-handed.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SisOfNight View Post
    16, haha.

Not surprised, given I've expected to get a low result anyways, as someone with weak Sensing (Se in particular). In real life, I still have trouble with parking my car, so yeah, no wonder!

I am just glad I did not get a score worse than "normal", haha.

And yes, I can speak/read in several languages. My strength lies in languages. Also, I am right-handed.
    What makes you say its sensing related? I thought it might be until I saw Adam and inumbras scores.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    What makes you say its sensing related? I thought it might be until I saw Adam and inumbras scores.
    I still believe Spatial intelligence is Sensing related. Adam may not be a Sensing ego type, but Sensing HA is still superior to Sensing inferior. (Especially with Te subtype.)
    And then he made good points in regards to how a certain brain structure can be tied to good spatial intelligence.

Why I personally believe it is Sensing related: Well, in this test you have to imagine or rather "know" how certain objects would look like under certain conditions. Doesn't Sensing store sensorial information; and Se in particular those of exterior objects? That's how Se ego types know exactly how to use objects in their environment the best, what kind of pressure needs to be exerted, etc. In that manner, I've thought Sensing types would naturally be better at imagining the possible shadows or whatever of certain objects, given they have already stored a lot of information on objects in the real world before.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Your score was 22 (4 correct in section one, 7 correct in section two, 5 correct in section three, 6 correct in section four). Interpretations are below.

Creepy-bg

Your score was 23 (6 correct in section one, 5 correct in section two, 6 correct in section three, 6 correct in section four)

interesting, the later two sections i progressively spent less effort working through each one and went more on subconscious impression or something. the last one with the shadows i thought i was going to blow because of this, but i actually did fine.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I'm googling and finding that there is a documented correlation between spatial intelligence /mentally rotating objects and mbti Se. it's throwing me into doubt, considering my score was 12...but 1.I'm usually good at these tests, 2.i did it on my phone, and 3.that correlation isn't holding true in this thread really at all.

Creepy-bg

the part where you had to pick the shape of the diagonal cross section of the things in the frames was the most brutal for me. I didn't feel sure of any of my answers on that one (except for the first ones and the ones with a protrusion poking out that i could use to narrow it down), although i do feel like that's just a trick of the brain that i've never had to use before and with some practice i could get confident in it.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Also I don't know what "working well" means, maybe it was all fucked up lol

Screenshot_2015-10-30-17-25-42.jpg

But I don't wanna take it again so whatever.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

oh my god i took it again on an actual laptop and got a score of 20, even though i got stuck on one in the third part and ended up running out of time halfway through. i can stop dwelling on this stupid shit now!!

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    My score was 24 (6 correct in section one, 8 correct in section two, 5 correct in section three, 5 correct in section four)
    Hi Andreas
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm usually good at this but I fail to see its real world applicability except when I'm driving and/or hiking
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by unsuccessfull Alphamale View Post
    Here is a spatial to tease your brain
    http://psychometrics.akresgr.org/spatialtest/
    Your score was 12 (3 correct in section one, 3 correct in section two, 3 correct in section three, 3 correct in section four).
    Greetings, ragnar
    ILI knowledge-seeker

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got 20. (5 correct in section one, 7 correct in section two, 5 correct in section three, 3 correct in section four)

Even though it wasn't my best score, I thought determining the shape from the 3 planes was fairly easy, just for my mind. I actually thought section 2 was pretty hard, but I just sort of used a sense of intuition. And I thought the shadows one was ridiculous. I was pretty much guessing. I also wasn't sure on the directions for that one.

I also took the vocabulary test. I thought that was sort of interesting.

hiatus
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your score was 25 (8 correct in section one, 8 correct in section two, 4 correct in section three, 5 correct in section four).

Interesting. Wish it could help me drive. My directional ability is poor.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

13, that band section was really weird. I think I know what I was doing for it but maybe not.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

24. Usually do the worst on the spatial awareness portions. Found the section with the frame and bisecting the figure to be most difficult one. Couldn't decide if the frame was supposed to be perfectly vertical compared to the object or not lol.
    @Adam Strange
    Aren't these basically Si and Ti? You're Si PoLR lol.

I always considered this sort of thing to be SLI specialty, tbh.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your score was 23 (7 correct in section one, 6 correct in section two, 5 correct in section three, 5 correct in section four). Interpretations are below.

12-20 Normal
    21+ Very good (top 15%)

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hacim View Post
    Your score was 25 (8 correct in section one, 8 correct in section two, 4 correct in section three, 5 correct in section four).

Interesting. Wish it could help me drive. My directional ability is poor.
    This is interesting. In which way do you fail with your directional abilities. I have low sense of where my body is but I can navigate externally, somehow. Using pedals and gearstick... Telling which is left or right is bit of a struggle for me. Imaging where to place of east vs west on a map: no problem.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

edited for sexual orientation reasons. (let's apply more PC term)
    Last edited by The Reality Denialist; 01-11-2016 at 07:10 AM. Reason: removed duplicate

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Allocentric vs. Egocentric Spatial Processing

I'm definitely allocentric.

In our lab, we examine individual differences in egocentric (imagining taking a different perspective in space) and allocentric (mentally manipulating objects from a stationary point of view ) spatial abilities, and develop assessments of these abilities .Our research also seeks to discover the relation of these two types of spatial ability to locomotion and spatial navigation.
    Static vs dynamic? Fi vs Ti?

Some sort of Fi? Never went through that kind of phase. That kind of behavior is very foreign to me. Hence I can not be empathetic to normal human experience at all. Allocentric universality...
    Last edited by The Reality Denialist; 01-11-2016 at 08:20 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast