TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Sister, Age Six

just out of curiousity...

so, here are some snippets about my sister from my mom's recent e-mails; maybe they will be enlightening, maybe they won't...

D___ isn’t really looking forward to going back to school tomorrow. She has enjoyed having a break. She has been playing outside with her friends a lot, so life is good in her world. She has enjoyed doing some science experiments with Daddy from the kit she got for Christmas. She told me that she thinks Santa’s elves probably had a lot of fun putting together her science kit.

D___ had her first ever spelling test this week. She studied the words well and got 100% on her test. Hooray! [She] is a pretty good student as far as picking up on math and spelling and all. She is just a slow reader still and that kind of bogs her down in finishing her work in a timely manner. [She] has been enjoying having Daddy do some science experiments with her from the kit she got for Christmas. She’s a good kid and fun to have around (in our old age.) She was excited to have two play dates again this week, with M__ on Thursday and with D__R__ on Friday. And she always enjoys playing with K__ and B__ too.

I forgot to tell y’all something cute from last week. Last Saturday morning, at 8:00ish we heard some commotion and then heard the vacuum going in D__’s room. Daddy and I weren’t even out of bed yet. I got up and went to see why D__ was vacuuming her room at that time of the morning. What I saw was B__ vacuuming D__’s room. D__ told me that B__ and K__ had come over to see if she could go to D__’s basketball game with them at 9:00. She figured that we would want her to do her Saturday chores first, so they offered to help her. So D__ was having B__ vacuum her room and was ready to have K__ wash the bathroom mirror. It looked like D__’s main job was supervising her friends in doing her chores. (related to Tom Sawyer) I would have let her go to the game and do her chores afterwards, but since they were so excited about helping her get her chores done, I gave them a job they could all do together...... It was just cute that D__ was doing her chores and having her friends help with chores before we were even up.

D__ has been going around singing over and over:
    “A peanut sat on a railroad track, his heart was all a flutter
    (actually D__ says “full of flutter”)
    Along the line came number nine, toot, toot, peanut butter!

She sings it and laughs and sings it again. . .and again. . .and again.
    Last edited by pianosinger; 02-15-2011 at 06:27 PM.
    My life's work (haha):
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/blog.php?b=709
    Input, PLEASEAnd thank you

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL. Don't know how much is type related. Mark Twain is typed as IEE, and Tom Sawyer is based on him and also typed IEE. It does sound like my daughter as well, but I think that's mainly age stuff - like the peanut track song over and over and over again. Lots of kids do that. And my daughter and my husband love doing science experiements and things together. And she's outside playing with other kids all the time. But again, those things are typical for little kids.

not gonna be around as much anymore
    TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mariella View Post
    LOL. Don't know how much is type related. Mark Twain is typed as IEE, and Tom Sawyer is based on him and also typed IEE. It does sound like my daughter as well, but I think that's mainly age stuff - like the peanut track song over and over and over again. Lots of kids do that. And my daughter and my husband love doing science experiements and things together. And she's outside playing with other kids all the time. But again, those things are typical for little kids.
    yeah, I know none of it may be type related. But, I guess I'll just have to keep coming back to this thread to share more snippets as my mom shares with me.

Some other things about my sister, in the meantime...

She has had imaginary friends. Like, consistent over long periods of time.

She loves taking things apart to figure out how they work.

It took my parents a long time to get her comfortable sleeping all night in her own room. When she was 3-4-ish, she would always come into their room after they were asleep and climb between them; my parents wouldn't even notice she was in there until they woke up in the morning.

She is quite inventive, and likes making up games, songs, roleplays. She wants to be the director in these activities.
    My life's work (haha):

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

all sounds exactly like my daughter. Imaginary friends: Rosie, Mario, Isa, Conrad the horse, a mouse named Mousie, and a group of puppies collectively known as "the puppies". There were others too I can't think of off the top of my head. There was one called "the funny old man" but I put an end to that when she asked me to give him a bath.

Taking things apart is the one thing that maybe she wasn't that into compared to other kids. My little one does that more.

My daughter would still crawl into bed with me if the little one hadn't already taken her place. I think that's very common for kids and I don't think that's probably type related - at least the least likely thing you have put up.

The last part about making up songs and plays and stuff and directing is VERY much like my daughter. That's her life in a nutshell- making up stories that get acted out. And songs. She writes little skits and gets the neighbor kids to put on plays. Pretty elaborate sometimes.

TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mariella View Post
    all sounds exactly like my daughter. Imaginary friends: Rosie, Mario, Isa, Conrad the horse, a mouse named Mousie, and a group of puppies collectively known as "the puppies". There were others too I can't think of off the top of my head. There was one called "the funny old man" but I put an end to that when she asked me to give him a bath.

Taking things apart is the one thing that maybe she wasn't that into.
    Hmm. Maybe that could be the difference between Ne/Ti and Ne/Fi...?
    My life's work (haha):

TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, so, often at the end of my mom's weekly e-mails, she will take down dictated "random messages" from any of the other family that happens to be around. The following are all "random messages" from my sister. I've tried to keep them in chronological order.

Roses will always bloom.

Goats never stop running.

Roses are sweet. That’s it.

A rainbow can never leave if there’s a treasure under it.

I don’t feel like doing one.

Roses are green, blossoms are red, spring is my favorite time. Summer is here, I love what I hear, and that’s what I do with the birds. Kings are great, princesses are good, I love princesses, that’s my good.

Roses bloom when it’s summer and roses die when it’s winter. Thank you for listening and I like this random message. Winter is my bestest time because everybody comes home and spring is my bestest time because then the little plants start growing again. And I like evergreen trees because they’re green in winter and I like it. Besides, coats are nice, and jackets.

Roses are blue and violets are purple.

Violets are green, roses are red, everybody know that roses are really red, but violets are really purple. But what would you say if a balloon had a violet in it? Thank you for listening. I hope you check your emails because on your emails there is a gradulation mark that says gradulations for listening. I hope you listen next time! (She has been learning about exclamation marks and specifically told me to put one there.)

Blossoms are red, roses are pink, thank you for everything, you like to meet.

Roses are green, violets are blue, pumpkins like you love you so moo.

Violets are pink, roses are pink, I love you, violets are blue.

Rose petals are always red, rose petals are always ked.

Violets are red, that’s all.
    My life's work (haha):

TIM
    C-IEE
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And, some more "gems" from my mom:

D__ was an Indian Princess for Halloween. She used the t-shirt indian dress that we made for [you] in kindergarten. I added some trim and beads to it to fancy it up a little. She was cute. She wore it to her class Halloween party on Friday and then on Saturday she said to me, “I decided I want to be something different for the trunk-or-treat and not an indian.” Isn’t that just like a kid? I informed her that wasn’t an option after all of the work I did to fix up her costume. She was fine with it. She saw a few other indians at the party also, so life was good.

Yesterday we were doing D__’s jack-o-lantern and she was trying to decide whether to carve a face or do the colored pegs option with the pegs we have that you poke in your pumpkin and they light up from the light inside. She just couldn’t make up her mind and was going back and forth. I said, “Why don’t you carve a face this year since you did the pegs last year?” Immediately she made up her mind. “I’m going to do the pegs this year!” She reminds me so much of [your sister]! : ) (I need to remember to use reverse psychology on her. If I really wanted her to carve her pumpkin, I should have suggested she do the pegs. Luckily, I didn’t really care either way. But it did help her make up her mind.)
    Anyhow, they had a pirate dress up contest and did the judging at intermission. D__ dressed up for the contest with a pirate hat we found at the thrift store and an eye patch and a sword. She wore an old dress out of G&G’s trunk that she insisted looked like a pirate dress, and carried a sword with a sash around her waist. I put a bunch of braids in her hair and she looked really cute. She didn’t win the contest, but she was the second one on stage and got “interviewed” by T__ P__ before they decided after three or four kids that he couldn’t interview them all or it would take all night. So he asked her, “What happened to your eye?” D__ laughed and lifted up her eye patch to show that her eye was just fine and said, “It’s a patch!” giggle, giggle. Then he asked her where she got her hat and she giggled and said, “I got it from the thrift store today!” Then he commented on her sword and she giggled and said, “It’s just plastic!” And then he asked her if her hair was real and she said it was. It was really cute when she was answering his questions. Too bad I didn’t have the video camera.
    Anyhow, D__ is enjoying first grade in some ways and not in others. She likes having three recesses. That was the big excitement. She came home the second day and said she had to stay in for part of recess to finish up her worksheet. That was a wake up call for her and she was proud to tell us the next day that she finished her work and didn’t have to stay in at recess. Deanna can get her work done fast enough when she concentrates and buckles down, she just gets distracted easily. Hopefully Mrs. P__ can break her of that. Mrs. P__ gives out smiley papers at the end of the day to anyone who didn’t lose their smiley face on the board that day. D__ has four smiley faces from the first four days of school and is determined that she is going to get a smiley face every day for the whole year. I hope she can.
    My life's work (haha):