0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Frida Kahlo

What's her type? [I myself don't have any solid opinions atm]

Biography.
    Paintings.

Quotes:

"I used to think I was the strangest person in the world but then I thought there are so many people in the world, there must be someone just like me who feels bizarre and flawed in the same ways I do. I would imagine her, and imagine that she must be out there thinking of me too. Well, I hope that if you are out there and read this and know that, yes, it's true I'm here, and I'm just as strange as you." — Frida Kahlo.

"Feet, what do I need you for when I have wings to fly?" — Frida Kahlo.

"Nothing is absolute. Everything changes, everything moves, everything revolves, everything flies and goes away." — Frida Kahlo.

"I wish I could do whatever I liked behind the curtain of "madness". Then: I’d arrange flowers, all day long, I’d paint; pain, love and tenderness, I would laugh as much as I feel like at the stupidity of others, and they would all say: "Poor thing, she’s crazy!" (Above all I would laugh at my own stupidity.) I would build my world which while I lived, would be in agreement with all the worlds. The day, or the hour, or the minute that I lived would be mine and everyone else’s - my madness would not be an escape from "reality"." — Frida Kahlo.

"I think that little by little I'll be able to solve my problems and survive." — Frida Kahlo.

"I paint my own reality. The only thing I know is that I paint because I need to, and I paint whatever passes through my head without any other consideration." — Frida Kahlo.

"My paintings are well-painted, not nimbly but patiently. My painting contains in it the message of pain. I think that at least a few people are interested in it. It's not revolutionary. Why keep wishing for it to be belligerent? I can't. Painting completed my life. I lost three children and a series of other things that would have fulfilled my horrible life. My painting took the place of all of this. I think work is the best." — Frida Kahlo.

"They are so damn 'intellectual' and rotten that I can't stand them anymore....I [would] rather sit on the floor in the market of Toluca and sell tortillas, than have anything to do with those 'artistic' bitches of Paris." — Frida Kahlo.

"It was worthwhile to come here only to see why Europe is rottening, why all this people - good for nothing - are the cause of all the Hiitlers and Mussolinis."

"I love you more than my own skin and even though you don’t love me the same way, you love me anyways, don’t you? And if you don’t, I’ll always have the hope that you do, and i’m satisfied with that. Love me a little. I adore you."

"I paint self-portraits because I am so often alone, because I am the person I know best. ... I am my own muse. I am the subject I know best. The subject I want to better."

"They sit for hours in the "cafes" warming their precious behinds, and talk without stopping about "culture" "art" "revolution" and so on and so forth, thinking themselves the gods of the world, dreaming the most fantastic nonsenses and poisoning the air with theories and theories that never come true."

"High society here turns me off and I feel a bit of rage against all these rich guys here, since I have seen thousands of people in the most terrible misery without anything to eat and with no place to sleep, that is what has most impressed me here, it is terrifying to see the rich having parties day and night while thousands and thousands of people are dying of hunger... Although I am very interested in all the industrial and mechanical development of the United States, I find that Americans completely lack sensibility and good taste. They live as if in an enormous chicken coop that is dirty and uncomfortable. The houses look like bread ovens and all the comfort that they talk about is a myth."

"You deserve a lover who wants you disheveled, with everything and all the reasons that wake you up in a haste and the demons that won’t let you sleep.
    You deserve a lover who makes you feel safe, who can consume this world whole if he walks hand in hand with you; someone who believes that his embraces are a perfect match with your skin.
    You deserve a lover who wants to dance with you, who goes to paradise every time he looks into your eyes and never gets tired of studying your expressions.
    You deserve a lover who listens when you sing, who supports you when you feel shame and respects your freedom; who flies with you and isn’t afraid to fall.
    You deserve a lover who takes away the lies and brings you hope, coffee, and poetry."
    — Frida Kahlo.

Last edited by silke; 07-08-2017 at 09:28 AM. Reason: updated links

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

SLE?

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by songofsappho View Post
    What a nice page full of missing pictures.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    What a nice page full of missing pictures.
    ??

Do they not show up for you?

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    They work for me, and they worked for me when I first saw this thread yesterday as well. It's probably just his browser or something.
    Good deal - thanks, Allie.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My spanish teacher had a picture of one of her self portraits in her classroom. I just remember her as the slightly scary lady with the unibrow.
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

http://kevan.org/johari?name=Bardia0
    http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Bardia0

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

she is Fi dominant, I am leaning towards ESI

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They work for me, and they worked for me when I first saw this thread yesterday as well. It's probably just his browser or something.
    Yup, my bad, I was accessing the forum from a different computer. Sorry Chris.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    Yup, my bad, I was accessing the forum from a different computer.
    That'll teach you - I may not be able to correctly type two-letter acronyms, but by God I know how to insert links into posts

Sorry Chris.
    No problem, George

Creepy-

Why SLE, Hkkmr?

lol, my spanish teacher as well. But I actually really like Kahlo. I wasn't crazy over her art so much, but as a person she seems pretty cool; like a very strong woman. My impression is Fi ego, but not much beyond that.
    My stats teacher had a print of one of her paintings up [random? yes, it was], and I didn't really care for it then, but now I've come to like some of her art....

And I agree w Fi-ego for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by crazedratXII View Post
    Yeah, the more I read about her, the more I think ESI makes a lot of sense.

What do you guys think about how socionics does [or doesn't?] come through in art? Allie, I know you're an artist too... do you think your ESI socionics type comes through in your art in some way, and do you see any similarities bt your art and Kahlo's? [Not necessarily in form but maybe in sticking to Fi themes or something like that...?]

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That'll teach you - I may not be able to correctly type two-letter acronyms, but by God I know how to insert links into posts

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Why SLE, Hkkmr?
    Not my words.

Frida Kahlo & contemporary thoughts by Daniela Falini

Quote Originally Posted by Brief Bio
    This detail well introduces us to a singular personality, characterized since her childhood by a deep sense of independence and rebellion against social and moral ordinary habits, moved by passion and sensuality, proud of her "Mexicanidad" and cultural tradition set against the reigning Americanization: everything mixed with a peculiar sense of humour.
    When young, she joined a revolutionary group and started her first relationship with the leader.

Husband Diego Rivera, and lover of Leon Trotsky. I think Diego might be IEI.

Probably the only reason she was stuck in this life was her injuries and medical condition. I see her beside some revolutionary leader as much as a painter.

She was a women driven by passion, her pain, and her desire to effect the world trapped in a broken body.

I don't really see where the Fi is, but hey one can attribute many things to elements based on some rationalization.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

She's commonly typed ESI, although her imagery seems too strong and dramatic for a Gamma. And parts of her bio that were used in the film made in 2002 made her look more like a SLE.

But I could see Fi in this: “I used to think I was the strangest person in the world but then I thought there are so many people in the world, there must be someone just like me who feels bizarre and flawed in the same ways I do. I would imagine her, and imagine that she must be out there thinking of me too. Well, I hope that if you are out there and read this and know that, yes, it's true I'm here, and I'm just as strange as you.”

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh look, it's @Scapegrace

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found her posted as ISTp in this gallery http://gallery.socionix.com/Delta/Si-ISTp/

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ni/Se introvert probably ethical, leaning towards ESI.
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Updated: Si-SLI 1w2
    Last edited by silke; 07-08-2017 at 09:29 AM.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Her art vibes sp/sx Enneagram 4. It seems to me she comes from a place of obsession with feelings of impairment, heavy melancholy and loneliness ... but ofc this may be explained through her particular health condition. Much of that interior landscape is projected onto the natural world as she emphasizes death and decay. I'm not sure about her type, she VIs Te/Fi anyway.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My SLI friend loves her. SLEs can't help themselves from pointing out her mustache.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

SLE
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

introvert

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Possibly EII or SEI
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Possibly EII or SEI
    Noooo no no no. Just no.
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    Noooo no no no. Just no.
    What do you type her?
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    468 so/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Se valuer. I might buy Gamma SF or SLE, but this woman is no Judicious.
    "If Will stops and cries Why, invoking Because, then Will stops & does nought. If Power asks why, then is Power weakness".

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my thoughts were Se ego but idk why.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

What do you type her?
    SLE.
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

SLE-Se

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    SLE.
    Not possible. Not realistic to think of SLE as sitting at home and painting. That's not an experiencer personality
    -

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Not possible. Not realistic to think of SLE as sitting at home and painting. That's not an experiencer personality
    lmfao, sorry but that is dumb. so all sles are conan the barbarian?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tonka View Post
    lmfao, sorry but that is dumb. so all sles are conan the barbarian?
    They are experiencers that is Se it's an.extrovert function. Common sense.
    -

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ESI-Se
    Last edited by Kill4Me; 01-31-2016 at 03:38 PM.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Her paintings are ugly and she was a failure. Beta ST.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vandieu View Post
    Her paintings are ugly and she was a failure. Beta ST.
    What does any of that have to do with beta ST?
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedrat View Post
    Didn't seem ESI at all in the movie, seemed EII

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@chips and underwear: I apologize, the second clause is not related to the first.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vandieu View Post
    @chips and underwear: I apologize, the second clause is not related to the first.
    So I am still curious, what is your reasoning for beta ST?
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She was most definitely an ethical introverted type. It's just hard to decide which one. No way she was a ST type, that's madness! Also she was a clear cut enneagram type 4, this is one of my favorite qoutes from her:

“I used to think I was the strangest person in the world
    but then I thought, there are so many people in the world, there must be someone just like me who feels bizarre and flawed in the same ways I do
    I would imagine her, and imagine that she must be out there thinking of me too.
    well, I hope that if you are out there you read this and know that yes, it’s true I’m here, and I’m just as strange as you.”

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLI

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Introverted serious type (a person who paints herself, sounds bit strange...).

Looking at her paintings: serious, random and subdued. In fact I think EII might work. Looks like serious Monty Python animation.
    montypythonillustrations4.jpgthe-two-fridas.jpg
    Last edited by The Reality Denialist; 01-01-2017 at 12:50 PM.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast