Thread: What types notice things like this?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What types notice things like this?

http://www.cracked.com/photoplasty_7...movies_p17/#17

What types are prone to pointing them out on the drive home from the theater?

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha... probably entp. I notice things too but I'm usually too oblivious to my own thought process to realize I'm picking up on plot holes.
    Perfect<------------------------------------------------------------------------------>Loops and Tings

Ambivert / Aggressor / Trailblazer / Nomad / Alpha Caretaker / Free Spirit / Kevlar Speed Demon / Ninja

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Not me; I don't notice any of that shit, I wouldn't care about it anyways, and I wouldn't kill the movie for anyone else. I'm either too busy watching the movie to care, or too busy doing something sexy in the theater

How the fuck can anyone think that hard when there's a huge giant movie right there to watch that fills up all of my eyesight and has all of those sounds from people and shit in the movie and from instruments that aren't seen in the movie but start playing along with everything anyways?
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

TIM
    LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love doing this. But only with friends who actually roll with it- rather than my friends who would be like "shut up."
    Warm Regards,

Clowns & Entropy

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    haha... probably entp. I notice things too but I'm usually too oblivious to my own thought process to realize I'm picking up on plot holes.
    how can you notice them without noticing that you're noticing them? lol

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i don't usually notice them - like woof said, it would be a distraction. i've noticed a couple te creatives do it a lot but not enough to call it a trend.

it annoys me if it's my first time watching the movie or i really enjoyed it and don't want the magic to wear off. but otherwise it can be interesting and funny. when i check out a movie i've seen on imdb and i see a thread about plot holes i have to click, the curiousity gets me.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    how can you notice them without noticing that you're noticing them? lol
    I notice them and then forget very quickly
    Perfect<------------------------------------------------------------------------------>Loops and Tings

Ambivert / Aggressor / Trailblazer / Nomad / Alpha Caretaker / Free Spirit / Kevlar Speed Demon / Ninja

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by woofwoofl View Post
    How the fuck can anyone think that hard...?
    I don't sit there and analyze it. Some of this stuff just jumps out at me, and some of it occurs to out of the blue in the hour or two after seeing the movie. That one with Bruce Wayne, a household name in his fictional universe, disappearing into a life of anonymity like that actually made me immediately lean forward, whisper "What?!" and throw a hand up in a WTF gesture. A plot hole has to be REALLY bad for me to accidentally do something like that though. Usually I can hold my tongue until I get to the car. I avoid saying anything in and on the way out of the theater, particularly around people for whom it might be a spoiler.

Most of the people I go see movies with don't mind that I do this because they know and love this side of me (my son got mad at me once for ruining some show about "real ghosts" for him by pointing out how ridiculous it was though, lol). Some enjoy going over plot details with me to see if they might have explained away the inconsistency or hole in a way that I hadn't noticed or point out other plot holes or aspects of the plot/details that didn't make sense.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I notice plot holes in movies.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Breaking Bad is just beyond ridiculous in this regard. It made it hard to watch, and in particular the last season is based on a giant plot hole.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I notice plot holes but I don't really point them out. I suspect a large amount of people that point out plot holes and goofs on places like IMDB would be LII.

My thing is more like "this will be the part where they have a fight then look away for a second, then briefly stare passionately into each other's eyes and kiss". Predictions that almost always come true. That shit really pisses some people off though, so I don't do it too much.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Two people whom I've known to do this have been SEI and ILI.

I tend to notice these kinds of things to myself and find them subtly aggravating, but I rarely point them out to others or bring them up for discussion. It doesn't seem that interesting to devote any further attention to it beyond the initial note.

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to watch really bad movies with someone just to see how badly they would play out the dialogue. I don't know why, but it ends up being so ridiculous that it's funny.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I notice and usually don't care unless it was a film I had anticipated watching for a long time. I don't think I ever really say anything... waste of breath? I'm usually just thinking about the movie on the way home(to myself) unless someone asks me what I thought.
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Narc View Post
    My thing is more like "this will be the part where they have a fight then look away for a second, then briefly stare passionately into each other's eyes and kiss". Predictions that almost always come true. That shit really pisses some people off though, so I don't do it too much.
    I do that, too. Quite a bit. My son and boyfriend don't mind for the most part, though one time my son was like "don't tell me!", as if my prediction was an actual spoiler, lol.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    I don't sit there and analyze it. Some of this stuff just jumps out at me, and some of it occurs to out of the blue in the hour or two after seeing the movie. That one with Bruce Wayne, a household name in his fictional universe, disappearing into a life of anonymity like that actually made me immediately lean forward, whisper "What?!" and throw a hand up in a WTF gesture. A plot hole has to be REALLY bad for me to accidentally do something like that though. Usually I can hold my tongue until I get to the car. I avoid saying anything in and on the way out of the theater, particularly around people for whom it might be a spoiler.
    what you're asking is which types prefer continuous story lines in movies? whichever type I am I don't pay attention to this unless it's something glaring and ruins a good chunk of the movie

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also romantic comedies annoys me to no end. This is how all of them goes: Guy or Girl falls in love with someone and the person that he or she falls in love with is interested back. Roughly at half an hour into the movie the main character has the perfect opportunity to tell the love interest but chickens out at the last second. The remaining hour of the movie the main character will try to get into contact with the love interest again (because for some inexplicable reason they always move away because of a work opportunity and are going to get married with someone else) and then they win their love in the end. I can't stand it.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Inguz View Post
    Also romantic comedies annoys me to no end. This is how all of them goes: Guy or Girl falls in love with someone and the person that he or she falls in love with is interested back. Roughly at half an hour into the movie the main character has the perfect opportunity to tell the love interest but chickens out at the last second. The remaining hour of the movie the main character will try to get into contact with the love interest again (because for some inexplicable reason they always move away because of a work opportunity and are going to get married with someone else) and then they win their love in the end. I can't stand it.
    Yes, romantic comedies aren't that innovative. I really enjoy the older ones like "You've got mail", "Notting Hill", "Overboard" and so on, but everything from the last decade is kind of lame. :/
    Love is like an energy, rushing in, rushing inside of me...

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I notice stuff like this too:

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Narc View Post
    I notice plot holes but I don't really point them out. I suspect a large amount of people that point out plot holes and goofs on places like IMDB would be LII.

I point them out during the movie or after. I'm exciting like that.

Sometimes I *gasp* talk during a movie to make cracks about. Esp if it's super corny. ... If I'm alone I'll probably be so into it that I'm laughing hysterically and/or crying (depending on the movie).

if I'm watching it with someone I have a habit of making a lot of eye contact, nudging during the movie to be say things like, "DID YOU JUST SEE THAT?"

drives my LSE sister nuts.

other gammas seem to do the same and/or laugh along with me.

Speaking of movies. I saw it last year but recently watched it again.. It's hilarious. and touching. and I sobbed on the couch. Everyone should watch it-- it's on Netflix.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post

if I'm watching it with someone I have a habit of making a lot of eye contact, nudging during the movie to be say things like, "DID YOU JUST SEE THAT?"

drives my LSE sister nuts.

other gammas seem to do the same and/or laugh along with me.
    omg i've always done this without thinking about it.
    and then i was reading a book by chuck klosterman (alpha nt) where he was complaining about it and i was like... oh shit, i'm one of THOSE people and i got all self conscious.

<3

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I notice stuff like this too:

omg that has me cracking up! My baby is looking at me like I'm crazy.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    omg that has me cracking up! My baby is looking at me like I'm crazy.
    yeah, I find it hilarious because they probably told him to just play with his dog in the water; likely he panicked when hogan drove past and was like, DAMNIT and just threw the dog.

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

... If I'm alone I'll probably be so into it that I'm laughing hysterically and/or crying (depending on the movie).
    Huh. I do that too. When I was younger I assumed other people were the same, but I don't know anyone that will admit this, if it's true. I could see it actually being related to Leading Fi, maybe.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, I find it hilarious because they probably told him to just play with his dog in the water; likely he panicked when hogan drove past and was like, DAMNIT and just threw the dog.
    I figured maybe the lady (looks like there's boobs and a pink shirt to me?) wanted to sneak something funny into the movie. Or maybe she wanted to teach the dog to swim???