Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: If I post a video, will people type me?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default If I post a video, will people type me?

I'm not really sure how this whole visual-typing thing works. It assumes genetics play a big part in what our personality is.

I'll post a video if people care enough to type me.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Sure
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I need one more person to commit to typing me, then I will post a video.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I remember I typed you SLI months ago but I did not watch the whole video. I just thought you resembled my brother in-law so much that I associated your looks with his. If I remember correctly you look like a younger version of him. I would be willing to take another look and listen. I am not married to the SLI typing and I have expanded my socionics knowledge base since then. I can't guarantee I will get any new impressions but I will share if I do.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's done.

Here's the video:

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

LSE final
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    LSE
    You think I'm an extrovert? That is weird.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by QuickTwist View Post
    You think I'm an extrovert? That is weird.
    You may view yourself as an introvert. I can see ISTj possibly. "a different solution to a problem"

No LSE
    -

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You may view yourself as an introvert. I can see ISTj possibly
    I'm reading the description currently. Most things for ISE seems pretty closely accurate, but some other things, though may seem few, are way off.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I'm reading the description currently. Some most things for ISE seems pretty closely accurate, but some other things, though may seem few, are way off.
    Like what
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

-

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like what
    I'll just do the first description:

LSE appreciates merit and good quality above everything else. He is assertive and operative, hard-working and conscientious. Prefers actions to words and cannot sit around with nothing to do.
    true

Wherever he is, he contends chaos and disorder. Dislikes it when he is distracted from what he is doing.

false

LSE tries to provide for loved ones by means of increasing their material prosperity. Very caring. Comes to the rescue when someone is threatened by physical danger. In such a situation acts with courage and determination.

false

Lacks diplomacy skills in relations. Expresses his opinions with directness.
    true

Stubbornly argues and grows hot tempered when he has to prove his correctness. May become unnerved, fly off the handle. Doesn't know how to give compliments.
    false

Dislikes talking about nothing, although finds it difficult to break off a conversation.
    true

In dealings he is often dry and official, but in an informal atmosphere may show kindness and humor. Getting stuck on the details of his work, he sometimes doesn't finish it within the scheduled time, which is very upsetting for him. Does not welcome unexpected events. Slowly learns about and accepts new trends and developments.
    true

Often is conservative and a supporter of traditions.

false.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who is that?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Who is that?
    Close VI
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I'll just do the first description:

true

false

false

true

false

true

true

false.
    Try LSI and sli

I say sensory and logical type
    -

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try LSI and sli

I say sensory and logical type
    I could be a sensory logic type, not ruling it out. but these Introverted versions are less like me than the first one. I will admit sli is a close second (but haven't read more than the initial description).

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I read the detailed description for SLI and it seems pretty accurate.

have another question though.

Do your guys here think type can change?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSE final
    This is edited.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to understand the difference between Introvert and Extrovert that you here adhere to. I'm very socially reserved and I view the outside world very subjectively; I often "imagine" things being different than they really are..

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yen View Post
    Theoretically, who knows.

Realistically no, I think the process becomes hardwired into the brain. In terms of changing, it's more prudent to focus on becoming better versions of ourselves (or worse, maybe some people want that) rather than becoming too concerned with what I see as abstract formulae of type.

I see it that we play life with the cards we're dealt. As soon as we accept our hand then we can work on improving our game
    I can see what you're saying, but the analogy doesn't totally work because it leaves no room for improvement. Besides that, I get it, we have to use what we got.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depends what you want to improve.

If someone is 5ft and wants to be 6ft it won't happen, not that type of change. If someone wants to take up running, they won't ever be Usain Bolts but they can get better within the limitations they have and even have some fun along the way. I could write a lot about this but I won't.

As for E and I try this http://www.tryukraine.com/socionics/.../ext_int.shtml You may struggle to see yourself as an extravert due to poor internal self-reflection abilities if you are an extravert, as in you gravitate towards the external world rather than the internal.

If it's something as simple as talking, then I talk far more than I realise, but extraversion isn't just talking, re the link. Good luck hope this helps
    The link basically says people didn't like the results they were getting so they changed the meanings of the words. Not entirely objective if I am to say..

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

most likely SLI

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

The link basically says people didn't like the results they were getting so they changed the meanings of the words. Not entirely objective if I am to say..
    Socionics E/I is not related to introversion in the dictionary sene which refers to social interaction. It refers to how function are directed Te is referred to observation of dynamic of things as in observing actions not socializing, which may be part of comfort level. It's best to look at each functions definition
    -

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to say Alpha. Probably on the ILE or SEI spectrum.

IL - Intuitive logical extravert ("Don Quixote")

Ego

+ ЧИ − БЛ
    − БЭ + ЧС

+ ЧЭ − БС
    − БИ + ЧЛ

Sees the world as a world of meaning, ideas, puzzles and the solutions finding for the answers to his questions. In each situation he penetrate well into the essence of an object or phenomenon, its positive possibilities, proves and describes them in terms of global, abstract logical laws.
    To present his vision he builds an abstract system, a scheme, a generalized concept, which broadly justifies concrete idea, a guess or an opportunity.

Super-ego

is perceptions of willful resistance, pressure and protection are based on the generally accepted patterns and stereotypes. Understanding of human relationships and the ways to avoid tension in them are based only on his personal understanding. Not able to assess the adequacy of liking / disliking, to agree with the common rules. It’s difficult for him to consider to the situation in relations. Therefore, hint of unethical behavior, of inability to act properly or of the disrespect for other people perceived painfully by him.

He stereotypically seeks to establish and maintain relationships in order to protect self and his relatives from the volitional pressure, but with limited personal understanding of these relations.

Super-id

Aesthetics and comfort (in a wide sense) attracts him much. He feels the lack of knowledge and skills to eliminate discomfort and inability to diversify his aesthetic perception. He would like to believe that he can create and maintain a pleasant emotional atmosphere around, in a small circle, in an informal atmosphere. Positive assessment of this skill pleases him. He gets “activated” in situation of good, warm emotional atmosphere.

Id

During the life he has worked out an individual convenient ways of activities distribution over the time. Inadvertently he selects the best technologies and practices for the current operation. Subconsciously, without thinking, he makes flexible use of available goals achieving ways, allowing them to fit the overall time plan, which he mapped out for himself.

SE- Sensory ethical introvert (“Dumas”)

Ego

+ БС − ЧЭ
    − ЧЛ + БИ

+ БЛ − ЧИ
    − ЧС + БЭ

"Dumas" perceives the world in terms of comfort and convenience, especially emotional comfort. He understands and appreciates comfort, depending on the time, place and situation.
    He aims to reduce the negative glow in the general emotional atmosphere to raise the mood of others, consciously change the state of another person's emotional condition, creating a specific comfortable environment around them.

Super-ego

His abilities to assess the future, to predict, anticipate are based on-established stereotypes, he uses borrowed techniques for solving such problems. Time limits he appoints stereotypically, he cannot always manage time according to the situation.
    Understanding of the technological properties of the materials, the construction workflow sequence, different ways of working and performance is based only on his personal experience. He is not able to evaluate and compare his way to solve such problems with the way the others do. He is sensitive about criticism of his ways to set up business and organization processes.

Super-id

Unusual features, ideas and opportunities in a broad sense and outstanding personalities attract him much. Sometimes he has difficulties in situations with rich potential.
    He would like to act justly, reasonably, logically in concrete situations, but in the same time he needs assessment of those skills. Unconsciously activated by the need to build a logical justification that helps in realizing a significant potential.

Id

In everyday life he has its own level of claims, wealth and influence in every situation. Flexible and without hesitation he applies his natural ability to establish good relations, to negotiate. Unconsciously use this ability to strengthen its position, advance their interests.

Banned
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The cases where Extroverts may mistakenly think they are Introverts are all extroverted logical types, because their poor ethics may lead to being socially disconnected due to lack of understanding why.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Looks rational

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hey dood.
    You totally look like an SLE-Ti in so much crisis that you started functioning as an IEI.
    Were you raised by Delta conflictors or something? If so, man, step away from the car. Get your own place, get straight and get true to yourself.

Here are the details of my “analysis”.

First visual impression: Facial structure is basically that of a sensor. Haircut in your right side is a sensing skinhead, haircut on your left hand side is an intuitive stoner. No offense meant, just a very split personality.

So, which one is it? Se-dom or Ni-dom?

Video starts with statement of facts, age, sex, living arrangement, description of facts about family, location of home and date of birth. - All Ti. No process thinking (Te) at all.

“So we were talking about my history” – No, we weren’t, but you want to, rather than your future. Low Ni.

“School and education. I was never really interested in school” Typical of Se sensors.

“I tried AT school, on and off for a while. On and off, throughout my career at school”. School was a series of incidents and accidents. Again, no Te process, no Ni.

Kindergarden through fifth grade, “I put not very much effort into school. My parents valued education.”, “It wasn’t a good way to teach children, I don’t think. I think it was more,,, gonna pound this into you until you get it” (Speech emphasized by sensor fist motion) - personal values conflicting with parents values for six years?

“I was the type that never did homework” – strong Thinking process, already seen it is not Te, so Ti.

“When I was old enough to kind of take ownership of school” SLE willpower.

3:53 “Because it was just so easy. Ha ha.” In my personal experience, I have heard an SLE-Ti say exactly that, with exactly that laugh.

“I was doing this in fifth grade, why am I doing this stuff?” - very low Ni.
    “constant A’s in math” – strong Ti.
    “it didn’t make sense to me...it didn’t click for me that I was going to an easier school. It just seemed easy to me.” – lack of situational awareness
    “…. But then, in, when I started getting in...into…later into..col…into um high school…I started to my gra’ my grades started to drop.” Two competing thought processes are trying to control the speech center here. One thinking process is no longer dominant.
    “....I lost motivation, I was incredibly depressed.” – beginning of SLE crisis, emergence of IEI inferior functions.
    “Basically what happened there was my imagination completely took over, and what I imagined in my mind became a reality….I no longer observed the outside world.” – a normal day for an IEI, but scary as hell for an SLE.

OK, enough beating the dead horse.

“and then in 2007 I was diagnosed with a mental illness”. Dood, you do not look mentally ill to me. But remember, I am not a medical doctor. To me, you look like an SLE in a long term crisis. When you experience an extended crisis and your normally dominant ego functions are no longer working for you, or are not acceptable to the people in your environment, you can fall back on your inferior functions, but that is like having the parents who are driving a car inside your head ask the little kids in the back seat to take over the driving functions, because the parents can’t drive for some reason. Very little good comes of this. It is just an evolutionarily designed fall-back position, useful in crisis but not meant for long term use.

Finally, you chose the name Quick Twist. You are Quick (with Se and Ti) but have been Twisted into an IEI. And what is that avatar? A girl with her hands nailed to her shoes (no action in the real world - IEI), shadowed by a fighting cock (SLE)?

There is a book that you might want to read for some insight into this, called “Was that really me?” There is also some stuff on the web about the inferior function by a guy named Drenth. Use that considerable Ti, buy the book and look this stuff up.
    Then go take some fencing lessons and have some real fun.

Incidentally, I have lived with both SLI and LSE types for many, many fucking years. You are neither. But your parents might be. I will take a wild guess and say that your mother is dominant, either EII or LSE, and your father is also Delta but serves only to back up her opinions. Deltas tend to think there are two ways to think about anything. Their way and the wrong way. And they’re not shy about telling you that you are wrong. So, to recover the person you really are, step away from their influence.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

“Basically what happened there was my imagination completely took over, and what I imagined in my mind became a reality….I no longer observed the outside world.” – a normal day for an IEI, but scary as hell for an SLE.
    Not a normal day. You got it twisted. If someone (any type) loses touch with reality and cannot distinguish anymore then a doctor should be seen. In those cases it usually takes intervention from someone who knows something is wrong since the person can no longer tell. Most healthy IEI do understand that their imagination is "real" but do not mistake it for physical reality. If I lose sight of it being anything other than an abstract, intuitive, perception of reality then I need help. I can distinguish my inner world from the outer world. Under extreme stress I may disappear into my inner world but I know when it is time to emerge.

Edit: I am a believer that Ni is subconsciously informed by Se so an IEI who shuts out the outer world is actually limiting themselves. I know this from an experience. Fe and Ti helps Ni to make sense of and explain their internal processes.

Introverted Intuition (Ni) deals with understanding how the world works through internal intuitive analysis. Ni relies on gut feelings and intuition about a situation to help them understand. Introverted Intuition does not look at what is seen. Introverted Intuition forms an internal map and framework of how things work. The map is slowly adapted and adjusted over time to allow the user to get a better sense of the “big picture of things” and what steps to take to get the desired outcome.

Introverted Intuition will take pieces of abstract information and make sense of it. It is not interested so much in concrete facts, as it is with the essence of ideas and theories, and how they all fit together. They are very good at recognizing patterns.
    Introverted Intuition may sense that something is off. They may notice a person’s tone of voice, a momentary pause, or body language that is incongruent to how they typically behave. These factors are observed in a more abstract way, making it difficult for the Ni user to explain their conclusion to others. They just get an overall feel or aura of the situation.

Introverted Intuition can actually be compared very similarly with Introverted Sensing. Both take into account past events and how they unfolded. While Introverted Sensing will remember the facts and details of a past experience, Introverted Intuition will recall the essence of what happened and how events eventually played out. Ni users can take past experiences to assess a current situation, and then use this memory bank of experiences of what they sense will happen to envision whether a plan will be successful.

Ni users are also good at creating a persona. They understand how the world perceives people. They can create a vision of what they want to become, and take steps toward accomplishing their goal. For example, an Ni user can notice “If I wear a this suit here and present my story this way, I have a good chance of getting an investment for my business.” They understand what objects and events symbolize and how they can use them to their advantage.

Introverted Intuition asks questions like “what’s really going on here?” or “where have I felt this way before?” Introverted Intuition is one of the toughest functions to explain to someone else that doesn’t have it. Because of this, Ni has been labeled as “mystical” and “psychic.” And sure, it can appear that way to others, but it is more complex and involved than just “magically” coming to conclusions.

People with Introverted Intuition would be wise to develop their Extraverted Feeling or Extraverted Thinking function. An Ni user that is “too in their head” can come up with some unrealistic and imaginative interpretations of events.

Remember that Introverted Intuition is only as good as all the experiences one has had in their life. Denying new experiences will cause Ni to be less accurate over time. Extraverted Feeling and Extraverted Thinking deal more with observing the outside world. This will give the Ni user a sense of balance and better understanding of what is going on outside of their heads, as well as help ground the user. Going into new situations and observing without a preconceived bias will help the person to understand the dynamics of the world. The Ni user would do best to come to their conclusions after the experience is over instead of during it.

@QuickTwist I did not get any new impressions but thanks for sharing your story. I can relate to some of the things you said. I just don't see Fe in you. Maybe you value it but it is not obvious in the video.
    Last edited by Aylen; 04-16-2016 at 09:24 PM.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where does it say that? I can't see it.

I'm reading it to say that the current definition of extrovert and introvert is only partially related to the socionics (original Jungian) definition.

Edit: I read it again, I think maybe you are misinterpreting this part,"American culture values extraverted qualities more, and people often feel like they've been given the 'short end of the stick' after receiving their results on extraversion/introversion tests"

This part isn't saying that the description posted on that page has been changed to make people feel better, it's just a commentary on how modern society has to an extent influenced the current definition of extravert, and what it's saying is the description of E and I posted on that site, is closer to the Original Jungian concept.

Thought I would ask the question, might be useful in determining your type, maybe it won't, either way if you respond thank you, and I enjoyed watching your video, hope someone can help you nail it quicktwist. If you answer don't worry about taking too long to explain your rationale etc, more info doesn't do any harm.
    Obviously it doesn't say that explicitly. I am making an inference from this whole set:

After Jung the terms "extraversion" and "introversion" gradually took on a concretemeaning — extraverts are sociable individuals who are enjoy group activities and socializing, while introverts like to spend large amounts of time by themselves. Based on these definitions, it was found that 75% of Americans are extraverts, and 25% introverts. American culture values extraverted qualities more, and people often feel like they've been given the 'short end of the stick' after receiving their results on extraversion/introversion tests. Usingsocionic definitions of these terms, however, my experience has shown that the numbers are practically equal

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Hey dood.
    You totally look like an SLE-Ti in so much crisis that you started functioning as an IEI.
    Were you raised by Delta conflictors or something? If so, man, step away from the car. Get your own place, get straight and get true to yourself.

Here are the details of my “analysis”.

First visual impression: Facial structure is basically that of a sensor. Haircut in your right side is a sensing skinhead, haircut on your left hand side is an intuitive stoner. No offense meant, just a very split personality.

So, which one is it? Se-dom or Ni-dom?

Video starts with statement of facts, age, sex, living arrangement, description of facts about family, location of home and date of birth. - All Ti. No process thinking (Te) at all.

“So we were talking about my history” – No, we weren’t, but you want to, rather than your future. Low Ni.

“School and education. I was never really interested in school” Typical of Se sensors.

“I tried AT school, on and off for a while. On and off, throughout my career at school”. School was a series of incidents and accidents. Again, no Te process, no Ni.

Kindergarden through fifth grade, “I put not very much effort into school. My parents valued education.”, “It wasn’t a good way to teach children, I don’t think. I think it was more,,, gonna pound this into you until you get it” (Speech emphasized by sensor fist motion) - personal values conflicting with parents values for six years?

“I was the type that never did homework” – strong Thinking process, already seen it is not Te, so Ti.

“When I was old enough to kind of take ownership of school” SLE willpower.

3:53 “Because it was just so easy. Ha ha.” In my personal experience, I have heard an SLE-Ti say exactly that, with exactly that laugh.

“I was doing this in fifth grade, why am I doing this stuff?” - very low Ni.
    “constant A’s in math” – strong Ti.
    “it didn’t make sense to me...it didn’t click for me that I was going to an easier school. It just seemed easy to me.” – lack of situational awareness
    “…. But then, in, when I started getting in...into…later into..col…into um high school…I started to my gra’ my grades started to drop.” Two competing thought processes are trying to control the speech center here. One thinking process is no longer dominant.
    “....I lost motivation, I was incredibly depressed.” – beginning of SLE crisis, emergence of IEI inferior functions.

OK, enough beating the dead horse.

“and then in 2007 I was diagnosed with a mental illness”. Dood, you do not look mentally ill to me. But remember, I am not a medical doctor. To me, you look like an SLE in a long term crisis. When you experience an extended crisis and your normally dominant ego functions are no longer working for you, or are not acceptable to the people in your environment, you can fall back on your inferior functions, but that is like having the parents who are driving a car inside your head ask the little kids in the back seat to take over the driving functions, because the parents can’t drive for some reason. Very little good comes of this. It is just an evolutionarily designed fall-back position, useful in crisis but not meant for long term use.

Finally, you chose the name Quick Twist. You are Quick (with Se and Ti) but have been Twisted into an IEI. And what is that avatar? A girl with her hands nailed to her shoes (no action in the real world - IEI), shadowed by a fighting cock (SLE)?

There is a book that you might want to read for some insight into this, called “Was that really me?” There is also some stuff on the web about the inferior function by a guy named Drenth. Use that considerable Ti, buy the book and look this stuff up.
    Then go take some fencing lessons and have some real fun.

Incidentally, I have lived with both SLI and LSE types for many, many fucking years. You are neither. But your parents might be. I will take a wild guess and say that your mother is dominant, either EII or LSE, and your father is also Delta but serves only to back up her opinions. Deltas tend to think there are two ways to think about anything. Their way and the wrong way. And they’re not shy about telling you that you are wrong. So, to recover the person you really are, step away from their influence.
    I will try to look up SLE-Ti. When it comes to jungian, I highly identify with Ti, so there may be enough overlap there.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Not a normal day. You got it twisted. If someone (any type) loses touch with reality and cannot distinguish anymore then a doctor should be seen. In those cases it usually takes intervention from someone who knows something is wrong since the person can no longer tell. Most healthy IEI do understand that their imagination is "real" but do not mistake it for physical reality. If I lose sight of it being anything other than an abstract, intuitive, perception of reality then I need help. I can distinguish my inner world from the outer world. Under extreme stress I may disappear into my inner world but I know when it is time to emerge.

Edit: I am a believer that Ni is subconsciously informed by Se so an IEI who shuts out the outer world is actually limiting themselves. I know this from an experience. Fe and Ti helps Ni to make sense of and explain their internal processes.

Introverted Intuition (Ni) deals with understanding how the world works through internal intuitive analysis. Ni relies on gut feelings and intuition about a situation to help them understand. Introverted Intuition does not look at what is seen. Introverted Intuition forms an internal map and framework of how things work. The map is slowly adapted and adjusted over time to allow the user to get a better sense of the “big picture of things” and what steps to take to get the desired outcome.

Introverted Intuition will take pieces of abstract information and make sense of it. It is not interested so much in concrete facts, as it is with the essence of ideas and theories, and how they all fit together. They are very good at recognizing patterns.
    Introverted Intuition may sense that something is off. They may notice a person’s tone of voice, a momentary pause, or body language that is incongruent to how they typically behave. These factors are observed in a more abstract way, making it difficult for the Ni user to explain their conclusion to others. They just get an overall feel or aura of the situation.

Introverted Intuition can actually be compared very similarly with Introverted Sensing. Both take into account past events and how they unfolded. While Introverted Sensing will remember the facts and details of a past experience, Introverted Intuition will recall the essence of what happened and how events eventually played out. Ni users can take past experiences to assess a current situation, and then use this memory bank of experiences of what they sense will happen to envision whether a plan will be successful.

Ni users are also good at creating a persona. They understand how the world perceives people. They can create a vision of what they want to become, and take steps toward accomplishing their goal. For example, an Ni user can notice “If I wear a this suit here and present my story this way, I have a good chance of getting an investment for my business.” They understand what objects and events symbolize and how they can use them to their advantage.

Introverted Intuition asks questions like “what’s really going on here?” or “where have I felt this way before?” Introverted Intuition is one of the toughest functions to explain to someone else that doesn’t have it. Because of this, Ni has been labeled as “mystical” and “psychic.” And sure, it can appear that way to others, but it is more complex and involved than just “magically” coming to conclusions.

People with Introverted Intuition would be wise to develop their Extraverted Feeling or Extraverted Thinking function. An Ni user that is “too in their head” can come up with some unrealistic and imaginative interpretations of events.

Remember that Introverted Intuition is only as good as all the experiences one has had in their life. Denying new experiences will cause Ni to be less accurate over time. Extraverted Feeling and Extraverted Thinking deal more with observing the outside world. This will give the Ni user a sense of balance and better understanding of what is going on outside of their heads, as well as help ground the user. Going into new situations and observing without a preconceived bias will help the person to understand the dynamics of the world. The Ni user would do best to come to their conclusions after the experience is over instead of during it.

@QuickTwist I did not get any new impressions but thanks for sharing your story. I can relate to some of the things you said. I just don't see Fe in you. Maybe you value it but it is not obvious in the video.
    Thanks for the explanation. I should add that I have been getting help for a while - I am seeing a new psychologist and it seems to be a good fit.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

About my avatar: Its a guy named mugen from the the anime Samurai Champloo. Its one of my favorites and I identify with mugen in that he seems dumb, but is great at being unpredictable in battle and sometimes even in life.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

About my avatar: Its a guy named mugen from the the anime Samurai Champloo. Its one of my favorites and I identify with mugen in that he seems dumb, but is great at being unpredictable in battle and sometimes even in life.
    I never saw that series. I really liked Cowboy Bebop (I can totally identify with being a free-lance bounty hunter, earning a living one job at a time, traveling freely, beholden to no one but the people on the team), but I never found a way to watch Samurai Champloo for free. Also, watching a series is a huge time investment, and I have less and less free time.

Hmm, so you identify with a guy named mugen, who seems dumb but is great at being unpredictable in battle and sometimes even in life. Ever hear of a guy named Zhukov?
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 04-17-2016 at 01:04 AM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I agree that the Fe is not strong, but it is there.

“That’s really all I have to say. Thanks for watching the video, if you could stand watching through all of it – I know it’s so boring watching me – But, um, yeah, thanks for watching the video.” – genuine humility here, Fe

“The purpose of this video is to try and get people to come up with a type for me. Umm, I’m looking for people to come up with…either cognitive functions that they think that I have, or just, maybe even more basic than that, maybe they think I’m a thinker, maybe they think I’m a feeler, maybe they think I’m intuitive, maybe they think I’m sensing, you know, that whole thing.” - Values the opinions of the group, seeks input from the group, Fe.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never saw that series. I really liked Cowboy Bebop (I can totally identify with being a free-lance bounty hunter, earning a living one job at a time, traveling freely, beholden to no one but the people on the team), but I never found a way to watch Samurai Champloo for free.

Hmm, so you identify with a guy named mugen, who seems dumb but is great at being unpredictable in battle and sometimes even in life. Ever hear of a guy named Zhukov?
    I did a quick google search and found his wiki. Seems he wasn't afraid to speak his mind to Stalin and had a real independence thing going on. I think I like this kind of character actually. He took matters into his own hands.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Adam Strange, Have to comment on something. In MBTI terms my mother is ENFJ and my father is XSFJ (leaning extrovert). With both its clear to see they both have a lot of Fe and judging. My father uses Si pretty strongly (traditional values and associates by memory) while my mother is much more, shall we say, artistic in the way she handles things giving rise to me thinking she has Fe (values the group) while also Ni in the way she can cut through to the real meaning of what is going on.

I don't know if that helps your analysis but thought it might.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I agree that the Fe is not strong, but it is there.

“That’s really all I have to say. Thanks for watching the video, if you could stand watching through all of it – I know it’s so boring watching me – But, um, yeah, thanks for watching the video.” – genuine humility here, Fe

“The purpose of this video is to try and get people to come up with a type for me. Umm, I’m looking for people to come up with…either cognitive functions that they think that I have, or just, maybe even more basic than that, maybe they think I’m a thinker, maybe they think I’m a feeler, maybe they think I’m intuitive, maybe they think I’m sensing, you know, that whole thing.” - Values the opinions of the group, seeks input from the group, Fe.
    I am not saying he is absolutely SLI. Maybe he is SLE or maybe he is a totally different type than either. I see the same thing in this video that I saw in the last. He seems to value Si more than Se. It was an impression based on comparisons. You presented your analysis as facts but the facts seem off to me.

His situation is now stable so he is looking for input. I think it is cool that he shared what he has gone through but very few male SLE, that I know, would share things, this personal about themselves, in a video. They are more image conscious and their image is strength whether they are or not. He shows some vulnerability (leaning toward Fi), which is cool, but not common for SLE (in a group). It happens though but then they quickly back away from exposing the vulnerable side and will do something that counteracts it. Can be frustrating if you are not used to it.

Sorry, it seems I might be supervising my "supervisor" here and I do notice when I do that. It is mostly when you say something that makes it seem like you know what is going on in an IEI's mind. I understand you have been around a lot of IEI and think you know because of that. I kind of feel bad after but I am probably put off by the presentation of very specific things as "facts" more than impressions based on your own associations. SLE are not dumb but it is sort of what you are implying. It would be different if I thought you were right.

Most people who start a typing thread are here for.... other people's input, so by that logic everyone who wants an opinion on type is Fe or Fe valuing? Use Ni and watch how it evolves, if he stays.

YWIMW

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@QuickTwist: Thanks for the information regarding your parent's types. I stand corrected.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not saying he is absolutely SLI. Maybe he is SLE or maybe he is a totally different type than either. I see the same thing in this video that I saw in the last. He seems to value Si more than Se. It was an impression based on comparisons. You presented your analysis as facts but the facts seem off to me.

His situation is now stable so he is looking for input. I think it is cool that he shared what he has gone through but very few male SLE, that I know, would share things, this personal about themselves, in a video. They are more image conscious and their image is strength whether they are or not. He shows some vulnerability (leaning toward Fi), which is cool, but not common for SLE (in a group). It happens though but then they quickly back away from exposing the vulnerable side and will do something that counteracts it. Can be frustrating if you are not used to it.

Sorry, it seems I might be supervising my "supervisor" here and I do notice when I do that. It is mostly when you say something that makes it seem like you know what is going on in an IEI's mind. I understand you have been around a lot of IEI and think you know because of that. I kind of feel bad after but I am probably put off by the presentation of very specific things as "facts" more than impressions based on your own associations. SLE are not dumb but it is sort of what you are implying. It would be different if I thought you were right.

Most people who start a typing thread are here for.... other people's input, so by that logic everyone who wants an opinion on type is Fe or Fe valuing? Use Ni and watch how it evolves, if he stays.
    I have a comment about this. Sharing things doesn't really come natural for me. It is a thought out conclusion that I have made that it is better to share what is going on that to keep everything closed up tight. I had a mentor who was very smart who basically was up front about his weaknesses and the result was that people really took a liking to him - at least the people who are at all open to that - and seeing that as a teenager/young adult had an effect on me because I use to be such a private person who had difficulty with social interaction. So it is based on logic that I share, not on feeling.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I will try to look up SLE-Ti. When it comes to jungian, I highly identify with Ti, so there may be enough overlap there.
    Ni is the role function in SLI and Ti is the demonstrative so it would be 4D Ti in an SLI. Here is a link. I don't think you come off "dumb", for what it's worth. It is clear you are also a thinker.

http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/types/SLI-ISTp/

YWIMW

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast