Thread: I filled out a questionnaire... what's my type?

TIM
    EII sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I filled out a questionnaire... what's my type?

What is beauty? What is love? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and everyone is different, so it's hard to define it. Love is hormones screwing with your ability to think rationally. It's lust in disguise, and a means to an end (procreation), but one of the best illusions/experiences life can offer.

What are your most important values?
    Freedom and harmony.

Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
    I'm agnostic. I don't think there's a God, but since there's no way of knowing, I'd rather keep my options open. I'm definitely not religious, though. Every religion I've heard of is bs imo. Logical inconsistencies everywhere.

Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
    War is stupid. We could all stay home and mind our own business but no, let's fight someone. I understand that some wars might've had good enough reasons to happen, but still, why can't we find a way to sustain ourselves without being troublesome to others instead?
    Power is people doing what you tell them to do. People put someone in charge and expect him/her to be this god-like selfless figure who helps them and cares about them, but they forget that whoever it is they chose to lead them, he's just another human who thanks to them has the opportunity to do anything he wants with their money and trust. Humans are not compatible with the kind of power they so desperately want.

What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
    Philosophy, science, sociology... My interests are electronics, psychology, computers, cars and anything that catches my fancy. I like this kind of stuff because everything makes sense, I mean, in a computer or in a car every component has a purpose and works in a certain way so that a certain result is obtained; in psychology something that happened in your childhood may shape your personality in a certain way or activate a defense mechanism which might trigger a mental disorder... Everything can be explained. I love it.

Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
    Medicine is interesting. Sometimes I wish I worked in a hospital so that I could dissect a corpse and see what is under our skin (this sounds very wrong but it's true). Also, some conditions are really interesting to study.
    I'm not that focused on my body. I'm not that pretty but I don't do anything about it, I don't even wear makeup.

What do you think of daily chores?
    I'm constantly forgetting about daily chores. I wish Asimo would do them for me.

Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.

Films: Inception, Shutter Island, Total Recall (remake), Matrix, Ten Inch Hero, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, The Departed, Fast and Furious (all of them except the 6th), The Muppet Christmas Carol, Balto...
    Books: The Minds of Billy Milligan (sorry, I don't read much)

What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
    School makes me cry because it's hell, criticism makes me cry because I'm hypersensitive to rejection or something, I don't know. Snowy days, walking in the dark and deserted streets of my city at 7 pm in Winter, discovering something interesting, watching a movie with a happy ending (and paradoxically also watching a movie with a tragic ending) make me smile.

Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?

At home, but only when I'm alone, or
    When I'm with my friend watching a movie while eating junk food.

What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
    My weakness is my shyness, according to... oh, everyone. What I dislike about myself is my indecisiveness, my laziness and my inexistent motivation to do something with my life, but I wouldn't change these things because it's like they're part of who I am.

What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
    People keep saying to me that I'm intelligent and could do anything I want. I don't believe them, but I love my curiosity.

In what areas of your life would you like help?
    In the social area. Like, if someone did all the necessary socializing for me so that I could avoid it, that would be great, but that's not what the question is asking... Well, I don't know. I don't really like being helped.

Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
    It has never happened to me, but I think I would withdraw from whatever it is that is causing it for a while, or find an exciting activity to distract myself from it.

What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
    Loud, ignorant and arrogant people are the ones who get on my nerves the most. I get along with those who shut up when they realize they have no idea what they're talking about, and those who know the facts before imposing their views to others.

How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
    Romance is nice and sex is scary. I want my partner to be supportive, loyal and not too demanding.

If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
    It's important that a child is able to make his own decisions. I would encourage him to do what will be useful to him in the long term, but not force him. I'd want my child to be happy and free. I would be concerned about his interaction with his peers because that's what I struggle(d) with, but I wouldn't show it. I don't want my fears to become his fears.

A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?

Inward: why don't you just shut your mouth
    Outward: if it's a close friend I would explain why I disagree, but I wouldn't want to start an argument.

Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
    People are deluded individuals who think their lives and their actions have a meaning and contribute to a greater good. Society is an extremely unhealthy group of people who want to impress each other but have crazy high expectations for themselves (and for others) that they will never live up to. A social problem is children starting to use the internet when they're too young to understand the consequences of what they're doing. Schools should teach how to not get in trouble and not do things they'll probably regret.

How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
    I like people who know how to have fun, especially in unconventional ways. I usually prefer introverts because at least I know they won't invite me to parties/social gatherings, and they won't want to see me like eight times a week. I value my time with friends, but I also value greatly privacy and solitude, and it makes me very uncomfortable when people don't respect my (extreme) need for personal space. When I'm with my best friend I'm wild and crazy, we both are, but when I'm with more than two friends I tend to withdraw into the background.

How do you behave around strangers?
    I'm awkward but I try to be as polite as possible, although I never have anything to say and I hate small talk. I just stand there and wait until they leave.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

LII?

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

my impression is EII, maybe also LII.

TIM
    EII sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The test on sociotype.com gave me LII, and you too think I'm an intuitive... what I don't understand is, how can I be an intuitive in socionics and a sensor in MBTI? I know it's possible, but... how?

Quote Originally Posted by sev View Post
    start using the internet later on because schools will show the right ways first?
    Not necessarily. They can start using the internet whenever they want, and I think it's important that they have enough time to form their own opinion before schools condition them to believe that everything is bad and they should be afraid of it, but using it without knowing how powerful it is could be dangerous.

Maybe it is better to teach people how to make sense of what's happening and critical thinking in general, instead of giving them a big box of values and rules and let them go.
    Yeah, I agree.
    I was thinking of something like classes where an expert tells children what the consequences of doing stuff online are, and then of course they would be free to choose if they still want to do it or not, but at least they'd be aware of the risks. Basically, you give them enough information so that they can make the best choice.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lonewolf lonewolf?
    Everything interests me but nothing holds me.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you value Te. It's possible that you're a Te-ego, but I'm not sure.

I mean, in a computer or in a car every component has a purpose and works in a certain way so that a certain result is obtained
    I get along with...those who know the facts before imposing their views to others.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ti ego, LII by a long shot

lmao

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and everyone is different, so it's hard to define it. Love is hormones screwing with your ability to think rationally. It's lust in disguise, and a means to an end (procreation), but one of the best illusions/experiences life can offer.

How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner? Romance is nice and sex is scary. I want my partner to be supportive, loyal and not too demanding.

nterested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body? Medicine is interesting. Sometimes I wish I worked in a hospital so that I could dissect a corpse and see what is under our skin (this sounds very wrong but it's true). Also, some conditions are really interesting to study.
    I'm not that focused on my body. I'm not that pretty but I don't do anything about it, I don't even wear makeup.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My first thought was LII. That was based on my global impression.

Then I backed up by eliminating everything that seemed very unlikely and am left with IXTx. I wondered about ISTp just because there's a car-repair / tinkering stereotype there, so why not?

TIM
    EII sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So... I read both the LII and SLI profiles on wikisocion and I can relate to 98% of both descriptions (but EII doesn't sound much like me, I'm not that empathetic). What's the main difference between the two? I'll try to study the functions and the quadras, but I would really appreciate some more help because usually the more I know about a typing system, the more I have doubts about my type.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf View Post
    So... I read both the LII and SLI profiles on wikisocion and I can relate to 98% of both descriptions (but EII doesn't sound much like me, I'm not that empathetic). What's the main difference between the two? I'll try to study the functions and the quadras, but I would really appreciate some more help because usually the more I know about a typing system, the more I have doubts about my type.
    first of all, get rid of shitty stereotypes. Fi is generally empathetic if their mom is sick.

secondly, I'm fucking starting to doubt your high-LII-ness, since the bolded is smth. a Ti base would never say. at least not in front of me lol.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf View Post
    Are you suffering from a combination of information overload and Forer effect? That'll confuse you. Try to simplify for now.

You could use the info at this site if you haven't yet: http://socionics.us/

For example,

LII is rational, SLI irrational--which do you think fits you? http://socionics.us/theory/rat_irr.shtml

LII is intuitive, SLI sensing--which works? http://socionics.us/theory/int_sen.shtml

LII is Alpha quadra, SLI is Delta--can you pick one? http://socionics.us/theory/quadras.shtml

Perhaps neither of those types suits you.

So I'd recommend first focusing on some of these essential pieces, rather than reading a whole lot of type descriptions. Sometimes the descriptions are surprisingly accurate, but they don't provide tools to further your understanding. It's easy to get lost in them.

Maybe in reviewing the fundamentals, you'll also be able to come up with specific questions, which will allow other people to help you more.

TIM
    EII sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Agni View Post
    first of all, get rid of shitty stereotypes. Fi is generally empathetic if their mom is sick.

secondly, I'm fucking starting to doubt your high-LII-ness, since the bolded is smth. a Ti base would never say. at least not in front of me lol.
    I think I see your point. If someone said that to me I'd be like "go study on your own you lazy shit". The problem is, when I first heard about other typing systems, I spent weeks reading everything I could find about them, I probably didn't even give my brain enough time to process all the information I was taking in, and as a result after some time I was (a lot) more confused than when I had started. I thought tests would help but I knew how to manipulate my answers to get the result I subconsciously wanted to get... I just don't want it to happen with socionics.

As for the stereotyping, I'm sorry. What I meant was that I couldn't relate to the "EIIs are very empathetic people who find it very easy to feel with others" part, which apparently is not necessarily true. I don't know what description to trust

Quote Originally Posted by GOLDEN View Post
    Are you suffering from a combination of information overload and Forer effect? That'll confuse you. Try to simplify for now.
    Sometimes. Other times I felt like no type described me accurately enough. I guess the solution to the information overload would be to start with the basics and then gradually do some more in depth research, but it's like when dogs taste blood for the first time: then they crave more and more and they can't control themselves. The difference is that, unlike dogs, I know I should stop gathering info if I want to understand what I'm reading, but I usually fail to acknowledge my limits.

Anyway, thank you for the links!

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You sound a lot like me when I was younger and had higher self-esteem.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.